So long Hines, we'll miss you

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

So long Hines, we'll miss you

Post by BSmack »

“It’s different. It’s a different role. I am still going to be the biggest cheerleader because I want to win,” Ward said.

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/201 ... 0A.twitter
If he's a Steelers next season I will be amazed. Right now it looks like he's come to terms with his fate. He's the #5 receiver going forward and every time he tries to go full bore he falls apart. I'm gonna miss watching #86 making the clutch grabs over the middle, lighting up chumps not smart enough to play with their heads on a swivel and generally being the heart and soul of the Steelers offense since The Bus retired.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: So long Hines, we'll miss you

Post by poptart »

Ward is not a huge numbers guy, but he has been a GREAT player.

Interesting that Steeler wr legend Lynn Swann is in the HoF, yet Ward, who is imo a greater player, may have a hard time getting in.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

He closing in on 1000 receptions. Not sure if he'll make it. And there's two guys ahead of him with more who STILL haven't gotten calls from the HoF. IMO Ward was the most complete football player at the WR position from 2001-2009. Hopefully that gets recognized when it is time to vote.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Post by Joe in PB »

Hines was a very good player, not sure he has done enough to get in the Hall. His chances might take a hit if Mike Wallace & Antonio Brown continue to tear up the league.
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

If there was a HOF for being a cheap shot artist and POS dirty fuck, this cunt is first ballot lock. So long, bitch.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:If there was a HOF for being a cheap shot artist and POS dirty fuck, this cunt is first ballot lock. So long, bitch.
He was right up there with Tedy Bruschi in that regard. But he could also catch balls well enough to be in the top 10 of all time despite playing in a run first offense most of his career. Ward could run the entire progression from 1-9 AND block like no receiver has ever done. In fact, he blocked so well rules had to be changed to protect defensive players from HIM. And he was the ultimate anti-diva, the WR who embraced the team concept and acted in his team's self interest, not his. If there is any justice at all, he will be in Canton in 5 years. Just find me a more complete FOOTBALL player at WR during the last decade.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

"Just find me a more complete FOOTBALL player at WR during the last decade."

...uh, no problem....problem
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

BSmack wrote:He was right up there with Tedy Bruschi in that regard.
An epic I know you are but what am I response. Are you reacting to Bruschi's comments earlier this year about Foster's hamstring... or are you seriously saying he was widely regarded as the dirtiest player in the league while he was playing? I don't recall Bruschi being voted the dirtiest player in the league by his peers... ever. If you're going to compare Ward to a Patriot, at least pick one who had a questionable rep (Harrison.)
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Good thing for the steelers that Mr. Davis told Cowpie to shit can Randle El and play Hines.

RIP Al.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
An epic I know you are but what am I response. Are you reacting to Bruschi's comments earlier this year about Foster's hamstring... or are you seriously saying he was widely regarded as the dirtiest player in the league while he was playing? I don't recall Bruschi being voted the dirtiest player in the league by his peers... ever. If you're going to compare Ward to a Patriot, at least pick one who had a questionable rep (Harrison.)
No, I'm reacting to Bruschi deliberately attempting to injure Duce Staley back in 2004 when the Steelers were thrashing them in their week 7 match up. I'm sure there's other times he cheated and cheap shotted guys to. Just look at who he plays for.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
An epic I know you are but what am I response. Are you reacting to Bruschi's comments earlier this year about Foster's hamstring... or are you seriously saying he was widely regarded as the dirtiest player in the league while he was playing? I don't recall Bruschi being voted the dirtiest player in the league by his peers... ever. If you're going to compare Ward to a Patriot, at least pick one who had a questionable rep (Harrison.)[/quote

depends on what you mean by questionable :wink: sin. Bubba

...Harrison's rep was in no way questionable, it was clearly defined...no Jack Tatum, but he was a hard nose head hunter who missed few chances to mame an opposing player. Bruschi and Harrison's style of play would not fair too well under the new pussyfied rules.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

BSmack wrote:No, I'm reacting to Bruschi deliberately attempting to injure Duce Staley back in 2004 when the Steelers were thrashing them in their week 7 match up. I'm sure there's other times he cheated and cheap shotted guys to. Just look at who he plays for.
:lol:

You didn't need to hit Staley in order for him to get injured. All you had to do was breath on him.

One instance (which I don't even remember happening, show me a video of it) equates to a whole fucking career of cheap shots like Ward? Fuck you and your band of juice monkeys. Isn't it about time another one of your roid freaks from the 70s and 80s dies a ridiculously horrible death?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Are you reacting to Bruschi's comments earlier this year about Foster's hamstring...
And that too.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Ward epitomizes the guy you HATE when he's on the other team - but LOVE if he's on yours.

A bit on the "chippy" side?
Yeah.

A receiver who gets after it BLOCKING downfield will never be a favorite of a team who's gettin' it's teeth kicked in.
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

ucant knows juice monkeys
Sin-
KC ScottImage
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

And now it is official.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ines-ward/

Just don't go to Baltimore Hines. That's all I ask. It was bad enough Woodson did it.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown