Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Are the Lions that full of themselves?

Post by Bucmonkey »

Go Bucs, Gators
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Are the Lions that full of themselves?

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Note to Tardd Haley: that's how you execute a post-game meltdown. None of this pussy-ass finger wagging bullshit from a 50 yard distance. You physically chase and hunt down the other head coach, get up in his grill, and get ready to throw knuckles. RACK Jim Schwartz. Yeah, they lost the game, but you know this is going to fire his guys up more and play even harder for him. Also, rack the 9ers. That is a quietly good football team. If they just got a little more out of Smith, they'd be elite. Perhaps they already are.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

More like you cry like a baby. Wussy.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

From what I saw (live and from replay), and from what I've read and heard, the way it went down was like this:

After the game, Harbaugh was overly exuberant in his emotion, like he had won the Super Bowl or something. A kid in a candy store, that kinda thing. No biggie, though, right? Big win, he's earned the right. Well, apparently, when he and Schwartz shook hands at midfield, Harbaugh mouthed a "Fuck You" in Schwartz's general direction during the handshake. I say "general direction" because Harbaugh wouldn't look him in the eye. Immediately after the handshake, Schwartz took exception to this, and got up in his face.

While Schwartz could've been the "better man" here, and just walked away, I'm actually glad he showed some fire and retaliated. It's a man-to-man thing, trev. Your biological pinky-extending, vaginal make-up prevents you from understanding. Any dude on this planet with a set of gonads would've made some kind of run at Harbaugh there in that situation. Even if it's just posturing. You can't simply tuck your balls there and walk off timidly.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

All I saw was an overexhuberant handshake that Schwarz seemed to interpret as classless. Should Harbaugh saved the college yippe! act until after glad-handing the opposing coach? Probably, but who gives a fuck. There's nothing more insincere in sports than the NFL post-game coach handshake.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

OCmike wrote:There's nothing more insincere in sports than the NFL post-game coach handshake.
I thought it was hilarious how Schwartz chased Harbaugh 40 yards down the field, into the end zone. :lol:

This is the kind of genuine, low behavioral vitriol that has been missing, that gives the game an extra element. Man's pure disgust. I'm all for it.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

BTW, Scott, the exchange between Pete Carroll & Harbaugh was pretty blah. The previous year, USC ran up the score on Stanford. In retaliation, the following year, when Standford scored a td late to put the game well out of reach, Harbaugh had Stanford go for two. And they had this KC-esque exchange during thepostgame handshake:

Carroll: Hey, what's your problem?
Harbaugh: What's YOUR problem?
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:While Schwartz could've been the "better man" here, and just walked away, I'm actually glad he showed some fire and retaliated. It's a man-to-man thing, trev. Your biological pinky-extending, vaginal make-up prevents you from understanding. Any dude on this planet with a set of gonads would've made some kind of run at Harbaugh there in that situation. Even if it's just posturing. You can't simply tuck your balls there and walk off timidly.
I wish Schwartz would have walked away. I hate the Niners. I am happy the Lions are having a good year. If Schwartz would have walked away, we would be talking about how classy he is and how immature and stupid Harbaugh is instead. (He is.) I am sure Harbaugh will call Schwartz tomorrow and apologize for his behavior.
Last edited by trev on Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

LOL Hargbaugh gets under some peoples' skin. Too fucking bad. Pretty sure it works to his advantage more often than not.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I just watched the post-game presser with Schwartz and Harbaugh.

Rack the fuck out of Jim Harbaugh. :lol:

He said he came in for "too hard" of a handshake, all the while sporting a shit-eating grin on his face, and that's what prompted Schwartz's meltdown. He also attempted a subtle Seinfeld reference, which he botched, but still pretty fucking funny.

Jim Harbaugh is the fucking man. Hoke may turn out to be a decent coach, but they really fucked up in not getting this guy.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I just watched it also. He looked like a class A jerk. :lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The guy with the greasy mullet breaking up the fight. :lol:

This is some Razor Ramone, WCW shit right here.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Bwaha. After Harbaugh shook his hand, it looks like he pushes Schwarz in the back. Schwarz goes "what the fuck?"

:lol:
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Toddowen wrote:If I'm the HC playing against the Niners next week and go out for the handshake, win or lose, I'd extend my hand to shake and then come up and leave my handprint right on Harbaugh's mug with a severe bitchslap.

"See how you like it, Fuckface."

If you were a HC going up against Harbaugh or anybody you probably would have been dead a long time ago from a myocardial infarction .
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

You know what would have stopped Harbaugh's exuberant display?

If the Lions didn't play like fucking shit and choke.

Sorry, but you either win, or you get a dick slapped across your chops. Schwarz's rage-quit makes him look like a pussy. Shades of Buddy Ryan.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Whoa! It takes a Lions game to draw out an NFL take from Marty. This event had more significance than I thought...
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The network talking heads can't get enough of it. I think I've seen that replay at least a half dozen times so far as well as all the Q&A. Now they're talking about a league review, fines, etc.

I guess next time Harbaugh will think twice about leading with his helmet.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

"Coach Schwartz, did you order the Code Red?!"
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Harbaugh was out of line.

What was with his intentional flip UP of his shirt as he came flying on the field like a 9 year old? lol

SLAPPING the hand of the opposing coach, slapping his back, and yelling obscenities??

Really?

Go ride your skateboard if you need to let some steam off next time, kid.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

The Toronto Bills

8)
Why don’t you just STFU.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

poptart wrote:Harbaugh was out of line.

What was with his intentional flip UP of his shirt as he came flying on the field like a 9 year old? lol

SLAPPING the hand of the opposing coach, slapping his back, and yelling obscenities??

Really?
That's what was so hilarious about it. Harbaugh comes running onto the field ready to rip his shirt off like he's fucking Ted DiBiase, the Million Dollar Man, then starts smacking the back of Schwartz's hand at the handshake, like some intentionally awkward Larry David moment.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:That's what was so hilarious about it. Harbaugh comes running onto the field ready to rip his shirt off like he's fucking Ted DiBiase, the Million Dollar Man, then starts smacking the back of Schwartz's hand at the handshake, like some intentionally awkward Larry David moment.
Bwaaha.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Martyred wrote:The Toronto Bills

8)
They could start by selling out Skydome errrr "The Rodgers Centre" every once in a while.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

BSmack wrote:
Martyred wrote:The Toronto Bills

8)
They could start by selling out Skydome errrr "The Rodgers Centre" every once in a while.

New team. New stadium.

That's how you Americans do it, right? Just soak the taxpayer for the real estate and the owners get the gate?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Papa Willie wrote:I just hope that both coaches tell the media in the next few days "Get a fucking life".
It would be like telling you to put the fork down.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:The guy with the greasy mullet breaking up the fight. :lol:
Looks like Martin Grammatica.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Jim Harbaugh is the fucking man. Hoke may turn out to be a decent coach, but they really fucked up in not getting this guy.
I'm sure Mike Singletary feels about two inches tall right about now. It's pretty much exactly the same team he had. Then again he probably isn't bright enough to understand just how catastrophically awful he was.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Papa Willie wrote:Still - the media (as always) is going gay as shit over this.
If the Lions weren’t from the NorthEast (after all, they are in the EST and you can’t get much farther north without being in Canada), you just know ESPN wouldn’t be all over this….
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

poptart wrote:Harbaugh was out of line.

Really?

Go ride your skateboard if you need to let some steam off next time, kid.
Nailed it.

Harbaugh looked and acted like a fucking CLOWN. Here's a little tidbit for ya, "Coach": Act like you've fucking been there before. DON'T act like beating the Lions was your Super Bowl. I just wished that Schwartz would've hit Harbaugh right in his cocksucker.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:Still - the media (as always) is going gay as shit over this.
If the Lions weren’t from the NorthEast (after all, they are in the EST and you can’t get much farther north without being in Canada), you just know ESPN wouldn’t be all over this….
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Harbaugh shouldn't have slapped him on the back like he was shaking hands with one of his assistants but Schwartz shouldn't have went nuclear either. I'd naturally take my guy's side on this but Schwartz act was way too over the top when all he should've asked for was an apology. The rest of the league is just starting to notice Schwartz because the Lions aren't a doormat this year. He's a major red ass and I'm not too surprised he'd fly off the handle like this. What's dumb is takes away from what was a very intense and competitive game. The Niners defense came to play in the second half and prevented another rally from the Lions.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shoalzie wrote:Harbaugh shouldn't have slapped him on the back like he was shaking hands with one of his assistants but Schwartz shouldn't have went nuclear either. I'd naturally take my guy's side on this but Schwartz act was way too over the top when all he should've asked for was an apology. The rest of the league is just starting to notice Schwartz because the Lions aren't a doormat this year. He's a major red ass and I'm not too surprised he'd fly off the handle like this. What's dumb is takes away from what was a very intense and competitive game. The Niners defense came to play in the second half and prevented another rally from the Lions.
No, fuck that. Harbaugh was a huge pussy. You acted like a dick with the handshake and then pushed him in the back. And when Schwartz wants to know what's up, Harbaugh pretends he doesn't know or see what's going on and, like Vannie in New Mexico when confronted with facts, runs away going LA LALA LALAA! I CAN'T SEE YOU!
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:Harbaugh shouldn't have slapped him on the back like he was shaking hands with one of his assistants but Schwartz shouldn't have went nuclear either. I'd naturally take my guy's side on this but Schwartz act was way too over the top when all he should've asked for was an apology. The rest of the league is just starting to notice Schwartz because the Lions aren't a doormat this year. He's a major red ass and I'm not too surprised he'd fly off the handle like this. What's dumb is takes away from what was a very intense and competitive game. The Niners defense came to play in the second half and prevented another rally from the Lions.
No, fuck that. Harbaugh was a huge pussy. You acted like a dick with the handshake and then pushed him in the back. And when Schwartz wants to know what's up, Harbaugh pretends he doesn't know or see what's going on and, like Vannie in New Mexico when confronted with facts, runs away going LA LALA LALAA! I CAN'T SEE YOU!
I'd rather this type of post-game drama than watching 15 players take a knee on the field to have a group prayer and circle-jerk. That's about as anti-climatic as it gets.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: Jim Harbaugh is the fucking man. Hoke may turn out to be a decent coach, but they really fucked up in not getting this guy.
I'm sure Mike Singletary feels about two inches tall right about now. It's pretty much exactly the same team he had. Then again he probably isn't bright enough to understand just how catastrophically awful he was.

Whatever one may think of Harbaugh's behavior and/or idosyncracies, his record as a coach speaks for itself. If his success with the Niners continues as it has so far, and did with USD and Stanford at admittedly lower levels, his value as a coach will be so high that his exuberant personality won't seem any more important than Belecheck's fashion sense.

BTW...Aldon Smith and Vic Fangio weren't there last year (and Bowman was a rook).
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Schwartz is the last person that should be complaining about non-protocol coaching behavior. Dude has violated all those rules repeatedly during the first five weeks of the season. While I hate the Whiners with a passion, I dig the fact that Harbaugh shook his hand really hard. The only thing missing was a donkey punch.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

DallasFanatic wrote:Schwartz is the last person that should be complaining about non-protocol coaching behavior. Dude has violated all those rules repeatedly during the first five weeks of the season.

Care to enlighten me on those REPEATED violations?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Shoalzie wrote:
DallasFanatic wrote:Schwartz is the last person that should be complaining about non-protocol coaching behavior. Dude has violated all those rules repeatedly during the first five weeks of the season.

The Lions winning.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:

The Lions winning.

Yeah or having the gaul to put his defenders in front of Romo passes and the classlessness to allow them to run those in for scores. That bastard...
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Just referring to his exuberance on the sidelines after a win. I know winning is uncommon in Detroit, but its also been a rarity in San Francisco. So Schwartz should understand if Harbaugh was a little pumped up and gave him a hard handshake and say fuck yeah.

So if protocol coaching behavior is to walk off calmly after a win, than your coach has been a repeat violator. Probably 5 times over.

Oh and congrats on the win against Dallas. Early christmas present.

:grin:
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:You physically chase and hunt down the other head coach, get up in his grill, and get ready to throw knuckles.
harbaugh would kick his ass....

I didn't realize schwartz was such a delicate flower
get out, get out while there's still time