talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Aaron Curry is a Raiduh

Post by poptart »

#4 overall in 2009.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nfl/stor ... e-seahawks

Gotta know that Al was on this before he croaked.
It's a classic Davis move.
The guy with the measurables and the draft status - who needs a fresh start.
The reclamation.

Will it work here?
Remains to be seen.

Oakland is thin (and weak) at LB and Raider fan has been speculating about a deal for Curry for a few weeks now.

Low risk move with high upside potential.
I like it.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Re: Aaron Curry is a Raiduh

Post by Raydah James »

This is a great move that will generate little press, but will pay off BIG for us in the short and long run.

McPain will be fine and is a stud, but Groves has been a huge liability for us at OLB since his arrival. Saying he fucking sucks is a blatant insult to the word "suck". Compile that with his low on field IQ and apparent laziness (he got us flagged at the end of the houston game for 12 men on the field for not hustling off) and his ass is as good as benched now.

Curry was a damn steal, and I think Madden pulled this one off just for Al, since he had been trying to acquire him for a few weeks prior to his death.

Of course, Curry is 6'3", 255, and ran a 4.4 40 :grin:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Word from people who watched him in Seattle last year was that he was effective in the Seahawk run defense.
He's 6'2" and 255 and was often able to manhandle tight ends in the running game.
He also has pass rushing ability.
Where he lacks is in chasing receivers downfield - something Seattle had him doing way too much.

So common sense says you play him over TE on 1st and 2nd down - and either take him off the field on 3rd down, or play him rushing the passer.

Sounds like the ticket to me.

C. Bresnahan - common sense?

One can hope.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Anybody else surprised that once the 'duhs have got north of a .500 record after 5 games Lames is in here slavering all things Raider?

I hope your guys beat Cleveland, Toos might show back up for the following week.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Curry = BUST
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."