So.........

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: So.........

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Carson wrote:Ahh, The Flightline. I miss that place.

SCS: Did ya hear about the stabbing the last night they were open?

I know, I know. Stabbing and cornholing...
I most certainly did. It was a good friend of mine who was stabbed; Matthew Farnsworth, affectionately referred to as Farny. He was moved to the Publix parking lot and life flighted to Pensacola. My girlfriend and I were the ones who picked him up the next morning from Sacred Heart (superficial wounds thank god!!!); we had left the Flightline not but a couple of minutes before it happened . . . weren't even over the Destin Bridge yet when our phones started blowing up.

The guy responsible is out on bail but charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He has priors and is going to be looking at at least 10 years in prison . . . Farny's father works for the department of corrections as well so the guards are going to have fun the fucker.

Angie and Russ (the owners/former owners) are two of my closest friends; they are even responsible for introducing and encouraging me and my significant other to start seeing each other.

The douchebags who have taken over the building painted over the mural in this gay ass beige color . . . it looks like a fag bar now and they are gutting the place.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Killian wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:I don't know about getting my butt kicked but yeah, probably a bit much travel for a yard game. I'm pretty damn good at the game; there are people who have tried to bribe me to be their partner on drunken nights or for cash tournaments. I play at bars and in local tournaments hosted by establishments pretty often. I usually stick to the same two partners for the most part and sometimes play with a third guy who is an OU person if the other two aren't available.

I have a pretty stout local resume and other people who play it a lot in the area pretty well recognize me and the two guys I mainly stick with. In the last couple of years me and my friend Shaun have won the Pigi Man Memorial Charity Tournament twice (I actually won the cash prize for both most accurate shooter and most holers the second time we won it), 2010 Salty Duck Challenge, Flightline Last Call Tournament, and the 2010 Billy Bowleg's Festival Tournament (one of the largest tournaments in the world they claim). We placed in the top three at numerous other events including this years Billy Bowlegs Festival. If it's me and either Shaun or my friend Sid it is a very occurrence that we ever lose a random bar or backyard match. When we are at the Flightline (or at least when it was still open) or at The Salty Duck most people just drop off the list when we come in and put our names down because it's not uncommon we hold down the boards for three to five hours until we just quit or are done for the night.
Your arms must be bigger than ucant's with all the back-patting you give yourself.
Jesus Christ, no shit. Tommy Topper over here. Someone PM me when there's a thread that mentions softball so I can come in and brag. I did find a picture of SunCoast:

There's plenty of shit I do but suck at . . . can't bowl to save my life, I have two left feet on a dance floor which drives my SO nuts because she has to find someone just to two step with, I suck at softball as well.
Last edited by SunCoastSooner on Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Impossible.

NOONE can suck at softball!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Moby Dick wrote:Impossible.

NOONE can suck at softball!
Sadly, slow pitch softball is not a game designed for watching the pitch count or single base hitters. :?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Jsc810 wrote:Don't say shit that will end up on the bulletin board is a good rule for the players, and for the fans as well.

OU-Florida State matchup not about off-field taunts

James Corley/The Oklahoma Daily

There is an acceptable level of smack talk that can surround a college football game, and there is the completely unacceptable and out-of-line things one Florida State fan has posted on Twitter this week.

On Monday, a Seminole fan tagged sophomore defensive back Tony Jefferson in a tweet saying FSU fans should send Jefferson replies and talk smack. I doubt that fan anticipated what happened afterward.

Another Florida State fan, using the handle @theghettowizard, started mentioning Jefferson in increasingly distasteful posts.

First, he said he wished Jefferson’s sister would be raped and killed.

Then: “I can’t wait for you to tackle (Devonta) Freeman. He’s going to blow you up like he’s Timothy McVeigh.”

McVeigh? For OU, which is about 30 minutes south of Oklahoma City, that insult hit too close to home.

Decent football fans don’t crack jokes about a person who was convicted of killing 168 people in the worst pre-9/11 attack on U.S. soil. That fan didn’t grow up here. You may not have, either, but I did.

I remember that day as vividly as I remember Sept. 11, 2001. One of my mom’s best friends would be dead if he hadn’t stopped to wash his car on the way to work that morning. Hundreds of people lost loved ones. That’s off-limits.

But just in case the jab didn’t quite do the job, the fan struck again.

“R U going to wear the number of that little bitch Austin Box? He was so soft he couldn’t even handle vicodin.”

I cannot begin to imagine what would possess a person to post something like that. The OU football program is still reeling from the loss of Box in May. This fan hit a new low of classlessness and vile behavior I’ve never seen before.

But I want to applaud the OU players for not lashing back. With the encouragement of Box’s sister, Whitney, they kept their cool and brushed off the extremely offensive post.

Sooner fans struck back, though. News spread, and the fan’s Twitter profile was made private, then deleted just hours after posting to Jefferson.

And that was just Monday.

On Tuesday, the Twitter handle @AustinBoxZombie surfaced, and another classless fan — or the same from Monday — took @theghettowizard’s jab, which was already astonishingly over the line, even further. Senior wide receiver Ryan Broyles chastised the person by posting, “ur playin with fire. U should be very ashamed of yourself. Hiding behind a twitter account. Shameful. I feel sry 4 u.”

Fortunately, Twitter banned the account fairly quickly.

This whole situation is getting ridiculous. I believe the actions of those people in no way reflect the attitudes of Seminole fans as a whole. But I’d imagine the Sooner nation’s response to this week’s posts weren’t very kind, either.

This is not what college football is about.

College football is not about a group of people who have zero impact on the actual outcome of the game attacking one another through social media. College football is not about arguments on message boards, smack talk on Twitter or offensive jokes on Facebook. College football is not about feeble and wildly inappropriate attempts to psyche out the opposition in this new age of communication.

College football is about competition, excellence and sportsmanship.

OU players upheld those values in their responses to the taunts. If they could, can’t you?

I urge you, Sooner nation, to not drop to these Florida State fans’ level. What they posted is appalling, but the best thing to do is ignore it. Because in the end, only the way the athletes play affects the outcome of games, but the way fans carry themselves affects the perception of that fanbase.

OU is the No. 1 team in the country — be a fanbase worthy of a No. 1 ranking.
There's already things going up on OU message boards discussing fan interactions of OU people already in Florida for the game. Not many have been kind to say the least. Florida State is already being compared to LSU and Colorado which isn't a good thing.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I might have to try this "cornholing" thing...

if for no other reason, the jokes pretty much write themselves.

'Round these parts, I occasionally see warshers, but the yard game of choice is usually ladder-golf.

Although for high-end yard games, croquet is pretty big around here -- even have a stop on the World Croquet Tour on Mt Hood... and Mondo Croquet is a Portland innovation -- like regular croquet, only played with a bowling ball and a sledgehammer, and involves even more alcohol than regular croquet.

But ladder-golf is easier to set up.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Jsc810 wrote:Don't bring LSU into this. We invite y'all to our tailgate parties, before and after the game.
Sorry JSC but the national title game in New Orleans was the worst experience as a fan I have ever had interacting with the opposition. It got so bad that my ex-wife and were afraid to leave our hotel room. What kind of people intentionally throw bottles of beer at the elderly and obviously pregnant women? The LSU game is still internet legend on the sooner boards and those of us who were there still think back on it with the worst memories of our football lives and it had nothing to do with the scoreboard.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Can't speak to LSU football fan, but they are the best at the College World Series. They come up here even when LSU doesn't make the tourney to tailgate and hand out the best gumbo in the world.
Great baseball fans...
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Post by M2 »

Jsc810 wrote: we like to eat,

Well, there's something you and corn have in common....

BUSTED!!!

One thing I'm sure of... the Midwest and the South are not so distant cousins.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Our fans aren't known to be bad fans. I doubt that this is the case this year.

That one guy who made those comments was trolling and was just trying to get attention. It's a stupid twitter account. Amazing that people blow stuff like this out of proportion and bulletin board material is another thing that gets blown out of proportion as well.

Should be a good game on Saturday. Needs to get here quick.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Cicero wrote:Our fans aren't known to be bad fans. I doubt that this is the case this year.

That one guy who made those comments was trolling and was just trying to get attention. It's a stupid twitter account. Amazing that people blow stuff like this out of proportion and bulletin board material is another thing that gets blown out of proportion as well.

Well dude to be honest I have been wearing Sooner stuff all week because of the game . . . my reception hasn't been very warm to put it mildly.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Cicero wrote:Our fans aren't known to be bad fans. I doubt that this is the case this year.

Well dude to be honest I have been wearing Sooner stuff all week because of the game . . . my reception hasn't been very warm to put it mildly.
They’re all just jealous of your cornhole skills.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Goober McTuber wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:

Probably . . . Haters gonna hate.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:Well dude to be honest I have been wearing Sooner stuff all week because of the game . . . my reception hasn't been very warm to put it mildly.

Goobs - it's not the same cornholing game that you indulge in. Tell me you knew.
Weak. Ar per usual.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Sorry I'm late to this thread. I drank 36 beers last night playing Tiger Woods 12 with Deacon Jones.

OU - 34
FSU - 24

Love me some Suncoast.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_CZi05ZziBNU/Sz-7COc9FaI/AAAAAAAACEQ/oyT7uN4FbU0/s400/American-Beauty-Chris-Cooper.jpg[/img] wrote:I've never played "Cornhole" and never will. I had a friend say "Hey man - you ought to come down and play some Cornhole with us". I responded "You're a fag, and I will NEVER play a game that sounds that fucking gay". He laughed because he knew me well enough to know that I wasn't kidding and he wasn't going to change my fucking mind.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

You remind me of the homophobic gay dad from American Beauty. There you go.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Chill 'Spray. The game cornhole isn't as gay as you think. When everyone starts butt-fucking, you can opt out and not lose points.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

R-Jack wrote:Chill 'Spray. The game cornhole isn't as gay as you think. When everyone starts butt-fucking, you can opt out and not lose points.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I just got back from Tallahassee. My honest opinion of the fans is the following -

There is simply no middle ground in your fan base. Everyone I interacted with was either very gracious and welcoming or absolutely every bit as bad as LSU or Colorado fan I have encountered in the past to compare them to. It wasn't a bad experience by any means but was no where on par with other great roadies I have made over the years either . . . overall I have to give it a "meh" rating.

Doaks Campbell is beautiful on the outside but terrible in functionality on the inside. Also the seating they provided our alumni was absolutely abominable, I didn't expect fifty yard line or anything but jesus not a single away ticket provided within 30 rows of the field? I've never been to a game and encountered that before for the visiting team's fans.

I will also say this . . . If Oklahoma students, alumni, and fans treated Norman in the same manner as FSU fan did on game day as far as cleanliness, litter, and overall pride in their surroundings I would be ashamed.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Papa Willie wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:

I just got back from Tallahassee. My honest opinion of the fans is the following -

There is simply no middle ground in your fan base. Everyone I interacted with was either very gracious and welcoming or absolutely every bit as bad as LSU or Colorado fan I have encountered in the past to compare them to. It wasn't a bad experience by any means but was no where on par with other great roadies I have made over the years either . . . overall I have to give it a "meh" rating.

Doaks Campbell is beautiful on the outside but terrible in functionality on the inside. Also the seating they provided our alumni was absolutely abominable, I didn't expect fifty yard line or anything but jesus not a single away ticket provided within 30 rows of the field? I've never been to a game and encountered that before for the visiting team's fans.

I will also say this . . . If Oklahoma students, alumni, and fans treated Norman in the same manner as FSU fan did on game day as far as cleanliness, litter, and overall pride in their surroundings I would be ashamed.

You know - you have officially become the Big 12 version of ToeJam. Congratulations, you fucking whining, shitty little baby. :lol:
More proof of your insight 'Spray: Dude feels compelled to call 88 to jump his act to appease dude's travel schedule last Tuesday morning. Would seem Mr. Know-It-All would be too occupied to post anytime beginning last Tuesday @ 8:48 AM up until 11:30 AM EST Saturday. So being a trooper 88 makes an all out effort to appease the "board's squeaky wheel."
88 Question . . .
by SunCoastSooner » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:48 am
When do you think you'll have the lines up for pick 'em?
Just curious because I making a real effort to not disappear this season from the contest as I had to last season but I am running into traveling a schedule complications this week.
Below we see he finds the time to post 18 times over the course of 53 hours, yes over 2 full days before his all important departure, after said request to 88....nice work ace! We are seeing a board bitches birth, right before our very eyes! Been going on for some time! I would imagine his extremely high IQ would magically override any of the morons on this board picking up on the fact. Or maybe not.

Anyway 88, thanks for baby sitting, as if you aren't providing enough of a service in this rathole...

SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:53 am
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:13 pm
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:54 am
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:55 am
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:20 pm
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:57 pm
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:28 pm
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:32 pm
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:11 pm
SunCoastSooner
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:35 pm
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:18 am
SunCoastSooner

Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:21 am
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:58 am
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:46 am
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:36 am
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:54 pm
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:47 pm
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

:popcorn:
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Huh. I found 99% of the FSU fans to be pretty cool. Sat next to a couple of UG hotties who were definitely cheering for FSU, but also very cool and friendly. Yeah, there were a couple of a-holes and a couple of completely unoriginal smack t-shirts ("Chokelahoma", "Oklahomo", standard uncreative shit like that) but I've definitely seen much worse. One guy ran up and tried to share his moonshine with me, definitely a first. Yes, I made him drink it first, and no, I didn't actually drink any.

Great experience.
Was the moonshine at the Civic Center? We were offered some as well there. I've been hearing a lot of that same stuff from other Sooners. I think a lot of my/our experience came from it being FSU fans intentionally walking through the large portion of the Civic Center parking lot just looking to start things with Sooners. We caught a lot of shit going down Augustine but it was our understanding from the get go to expect that from the parties there. Outside the stadium itself there was a few comments and inside I don't remember any except from one douchebag who stood in the aisle two rows above me before the start of the game but was quickly quieted by security to and told to go to his seat.

Most of the "dark side" we caught was during the tailgate. There were a few people who showed genuine concern and asking us how we were being treated.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Cornhusker wrote:
88 Question . . .
by SunCoastSooner » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:48 am
When do you think you'll have the lines up for pick 'em?
Just curious because I making a real effort to not disappear this season from the contest as I had to last season but I am running into traveling a schedule complications this week.
Below we see he finds the time to post 18 times over the course of 53 hours, yes over 2 full days before his all important departure, after said request to 88....nice work ace! We are seeing a board bitches birth, right before our very eyes! Been going on for some time! I would imagine his extremely high IQ would magically override any of the morons on this board picking up on the fact. Or maybe not.

Anyway 88, thanks for baby sitting, as if you aren't providing enough of a service in this rathole...

SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:53 am
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:13 pm
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:54 am
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:55 am
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:20 pm
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:57 pm
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:28 pm
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:32 pm
SunCoastSooner
SunCoastSooner
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:35 pm
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:18 am
SunCoastSooner

Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:21 am
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:58 am
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:46 am
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:36 am
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:54 pm
SunCoastSooner
Post subject: Re: So......... Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:47 pm
Since you want to make a deal out of it . . . It's fairly common knowledge to those here that do more than hit and run threads, like the Fuskers do around here, that my long time significant other is member of the United States Military. Our plan last week was to leave late evening Tuesday night bound for Orlando to meet family of mine flying in from Oklahoma for Disney World and then the game. Unfortunately for us her unit was put on high alert status Tuesday which cancelled all leave and required all personnel to be within two hours of their station at all times. While we live in Florida, Orlando and Tallahassee are well beyond two hours drive. Normally we have three vehicles between us at our disposal but because of family and friends visiting and promises made we were down to two last week. My truck and her Jeep; her jeep's breaks are going out. That left us a critical decision; me go and set off on my own and leave her behind or try to wait it out and see if her leave is restored if high alert is taken down. I wanted her to go to the tailgate and the game with me so we waited it out. Once Friday rolled around it was was time to just call the waiting game off and I headed for Tallahassee with a friend I gave my second ticket to.

Allow me to give you my apologies on behalf of the United State's Military for causing you such a fucking inconvenience . . . wait it wasn't you who was affected by that occurring. I was affected (didn't bitch), My girlfriend was affected (hasn't bitched, though much more disappointed), and 88 was affected (hasn't bitched). Go figure, a Fusker bitching just to bitch . . . none of us, especially Big 12ers, are used to that. :meds: I take my apology back after thinking it through . . . go fuck yourself and die in a fire for all I care.

But if it makes your little scarlet ass hurt a little less I will offer my apologies to 88 for me rushing him and my plans falling through . . . My bad, 88, sorry I rushed you when it turned out it was unnecessary. I dearly wanted to participate in the board pick 'em and thought I had family plans that ended up falling through. My mistake and I'll try not to let it happen again.

88's a reasonable enough guy, I'm pretty sure he'll understand, if not I'll allow him to publicly flog me and provide a PET of it for causing you such an inconvenience in your life.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote:Huh. I found 99% of the FSU fans to be pretty cool. Sat next to a couple of UG hotties who were definitely cheering for FSU, but also very cool and friendly. Yeah, there were a couple of a-holes and a couple of completely unoriginal smack t-shirts ("Chokelahoma", "Oklahomo", standard uncreative shit like that) but I've definitely seen much worse. One guy ran up and tried to share his moonshine with me, definitely a first. Yes, I made him drink it first, and no, I didn't actually drink any.

Great experience.
Was the moonshine at the Civic Center? We were offered some as well there. I've been hearing a lot of that same stuff from other Sooners. I think a lot of my/our experience came from it being FSU fans intentionally walking through the large portion of the Civic Center parking lot just looking to start things with Sooners. We caught a lot of shit going down Augustine but it was our understanding from the get go to expect that from the parties there. Outside the stadium itself there was a few comments and inside I don't remember any except from one douchebag who stood in the aisle two rows above me before the start of the game but was quickly quieted by security to and told to go to his seat.

Most of the "dark side" we caught was during the tailgate. There were a few people who showed genuine concern and asking us how we were being treated.
Nah, I don't think I was anywhere near the Civic Center. It was over by the OU equipment truck. Heh. The FSU fans were slapping stickers on the side of the truck. I think my favorite was "Shiteatinggator is ONE word."
Yeah, I have quite a few pics with me in front of the equipment truck. I intend to do a massive PET later but I haven't unloaded the pics yet. Probably going to wait to do it at home/SO's home later in the evening.
mrNoles
Fuckin' Noob

Post by mrNoles »

First I got to give jumbo props to OU. they came into a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry hostile enviorment and took the game by answering with 10 points when it was shit or get off the pot time in the 4th . OU lines manhandled FSU lines particuarly OU's defense. OU ran at will and did'nt have 1 proceedure call nor 1 illegal formation call. I think that was pretty impressive considering they run plays like a freaking machine gun in a loud stadium- This was the first time I have ever been to a sporting event and actually covered my ears because the noise was getting to me, and I have been to alot of auto races.
It was great to have that kind of energy back in town and it more than lived up to the hype. While there is no doubt that OU is a clear cut number 1 I think it is also clear that FSU is in the handful of elite teams in the country. With only half of the fourth quarter left we were right there after 2 picks and playing our 2nd qb who by the way has anyone ever seen a kid look so frail?
Suncoast, If what negative that you report is all you have then I would say you had a good trip. Hell what do you expect with 84,000 people with a shit load of liquar and bbq mixed in. Consider your self lucky you got out alive :lol:

BTW, on the whole every OU er I encountered was fun. It was nice to rap with opposing fans who "get it"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

mrNoles wrote:First I got to give jumbo props to OU. they came into a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry hostile enviorment and took the game by answering with 10 points when it was shit or get off the pot time in the 4th . OU lines manhandled FSU lines particuarly OU's defense. OU ran at will and did'nt have 1 proceedure call nor 1 illegal formation call. I think that was pretty impressive considering they run plays like a freaking machine gun in a loud stadium- This was the first time I have ever been to a sporting event and actually covered my ears because the noise was getting to me, and I have been to alot of auto races.
It was great to have that kind of energy back in town and it more than lived up to the hype. While there is no doubt that OU is a clear cut number 1 I think it is also clear that FSU is in the handful of elite teams in the country. With only half of the fourth quarter left we were right there after 2 picks and playing our 2nd qb who by the way has anyone ever seen a kid look so frail?
Suncoast, If what negative that you report is all you have then I would say you had a good trip. Hell what do you expect with 84,000 people with a shit load of liquar and bbq mixed in. Consider your self lucky you got out alive :lol:

BTW, on the whole every OU er I encountered was fun. It was nice to rap with opposing fans who "get it"
Oh, like I have said the good fans were GREAT. There were people who showed a real concern for how we were being treated and kept mentioning how great we were to them last year in Norman. Most of the bad experiences came Friday night at the RV and randomly Saturday from fans who probably searching for trouble by intentionally walking through an area obviously occupied by Sooners and trying to start shit. Friday night's experience properly just started things out on a sour note for us is all. Being from Florida my friend and I had a number of FSU fans at our tailgate and most of them were good fun . . . well with the exception one young woman in particular who we wanted to duct tape or punch in the face she was so obnoxious.

I liked the way our team responded as well. FSU's defense is much improved; their offensive line I was correct about though . . . can't hold a block for shit.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

I dont think i've seen an OU team hit as hard as they did saturday night since the 2001 Cotton Bowl.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Moby Dick wrote:I dont think i've seen an OU team hit as hard as they did saturday night since the 2001 Cotton Bowl.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/sto ... xamination
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Quarterback EJ Manuel's availability for 11th-ranked Florida State's Atlantic Coast Conference opener at Clemson is on a day-to-day basis, coach Jimbo Fisher said Monday.

Manuel, who didn't practice Monday, is one of several Seminole offensive players who could miss the team's first road test of the young season. Fisher had only four scholarship receivers healthy at Monday's practice.

"It affects you," the second-year head coach conceded. "Injuries are a part of football. We'll move around and do differed personnel groupings."

Manuel sprained his non-throwing left shoulder in Saturday's 23-13 loss to top-ranked Oklahoma, and doctors checked him again Monday to see if the injury was severe enough to keep him out of the Clemson game.

Fisher said an MRI on Manuel revealed no structural damage.

ACC blog
ESPN.com's Heather Dinich writes about all things ACC in the conference blog.

• Blog network:
College Football Nation

"We'll see how it goes," Fisher said.

"It's a concern," he said. "You've got to make sure it doesn't affect your throwing motion."

Redshirt freshman Clint Trickett would get his first start if Manuel can't go against the 21st-ranked Tigers (3-0).

"He was on top of things," Fisher said about his backup quarterback's practice Monday. "Played really well."

The Seminoles' already hard-hit receiving corps got yet another jolt Monday when Fisher announced that the team's second leading receiver this season, sophomore Scooter Haggins, requires surgery to repair a broken left hand sustained against the Sooners. Haggins who has 11 catches on the season, will miss four to six weeks.

The Seminoles (2-1) might also be without receivers Bert Reed and Kenny Shaw for this weekend's critical ACC opener.

Reed is trying to shake off the effects of an ankle sprain sustained in a 62-10 win over Charleston Southern on Sept. 10. Shaw was removed by ambulance early in the Oklahoma game after a vicious helmet-to-helmet collision with two Sooners defenders.

Shaw was taken to a hospital following the scary hit, but returned to the Florida State sideline late in the game.

"He was much, much better than we anticipated," Fisher said Monday. "I don't know if I'm optimistic, but I feel very good."

Florida State has been without junior wide receiver Willie Haulstead all season because of ongoing concussion symptoms. Fisher said Haulstead could be redshirted if he's unable to return soon.

Running back Chris Thompson, last year's leading rusher, has been hampered with a stress fracture in his back and hasn't displayed the explosiveness he exhibited last season.

Aside from a 19-yard run in the opener against Louisiana-Monroe, Thompson has managed just 26 yards on 16 carries.

"We've got to get better in the running game," Fisher. "We've got to block better."

Florida State has hardly used its most experienced back, senior Jermaine Thomas, who has had just four carries this season. Thomas has 1,827 career yards rushing and a 5.7 per carry average.
I hate to hear about injuries, never enjoy a young man getting hurt . . . but having said that, DAMN this team is bringing some serious PAIN to its opponents!!!
mrNoles
Fuckin' Noob

Post by mrNoles »

Just when I was about to stop crying..................................................................... :lol:
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

I cant imagine why Suncoast ran into some "bad" fans while Froz had an enjoyable time....
SunCoastSooner wrote: Florida State couldn't even cover DeJuan Miller and Cameron Kenny last season, much less Ryan Broyles. I can only imagine what is going to happen to the Semenholes having to try and stop Kenny Stills, Trey Franks, DeJuan MIller (again), and Ryan Broyles with Landry having another year under his belt.

The cum dumpsters offense has looked atrocious. Their OLine can't run block. Their Quarterback has no pocket presence, horrible accuracy, and happy feet. Thankfully for them they game is in Tallahassee so might only be as ugly as it was last season; if this game were in Norman I would spot FSU 24 points in the pick 'em and still go against them.

How Florida State is ranked in the top 15 much less the top 5 befuddles my senses; easily the most overrated team in the top 25 to anyone who has watched them play.

Maybe it's that do unto others thing
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

Mr T wrote:I cant imagine why Suncoast ran into some "bad" fans while Froz had an enjoyable time....
One's perception of his world and others around him is based largely on one's outlook and expectations of his own life.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Mr T wrote:I cant imagine why Suncoast ran into some "bad" fans while Froz had an enjoyable time....
SunCoastSooner wrote: Florida State couldn't even cover DeJuan Miller and Cameron Kenny last season, much less Ryan Broyles. I can only imagine what is going to happen to the Semenholes having to try and stop Kenny Stills, Trey Franks, DeJuan MIller (again), and Ryan Broyles with Landry having another year under his belt.

The cum dumpsters offense has looked atrocious. Their OLine can't run block. Their Quarterback has no pocket presence, horrible accuracy, and happy feet. Thankfully for them they game is in Tallahassee so might only be as ugly as it was last season; if this game were in Norman I would spot FSU 24 points in the pick 'em and still go against them.

How Florida State is ranked in the top 15 much less the top 5 befuddles my senses; easily the most overrated team in the top 25 to anyone who has watched them play.

Maybe it's that do unto others thing
I think had more to do with Froz not coming until right before game time and staying mostly right by the stadium and my party being there since Friday in areas where more students and less game day activity was going on. I've seen that as a pattern concerning all the stories from Oklahoma fans who made the trip. The immediate area around the stadium people were great, farther away not so much.