Baylor to sue ATM???

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Baylor to sue ATM???

Post by Left Seater »

Reports are swirling that Baylor is prepared to file a suit to keep ATM in the Big 12.

SEC confirms that they have accepted ATM with a stipulation that ATM gets the approval from Baylor.

Stay tuned.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
M2
2005 Cryin' Ryan Winner

Re: Baylor to sue ATM???

Post by M2 »

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Jsc810 wrote:Oh isn't that cute. Baylor thinks it is one of the big boys and that people give a fuck what it thinks.
There are times when I read one of your posts and a vein in forehead starts throbbing. This is one of those times.

Go fuck yourself.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

straight up theft another board, but still a funny.

""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

What I find hilarious is that on Sep 2 the Big XII wrote a letter to the SEC stating they had given consent for A&M to leave the XII and no schools would object. Then OU (Stoops, good timing by the way. way to follow orders) starts talking about their willingness to leave as well. Baylor, getting left in the dust, then decides to rescind their initial agreement to not sue.

Does anyone else see the dominoes just falling? Seems to me the XII is posturing itself for the largest payout it can receive from A&M in the way of exit fees. The next step will be that the SEC will extend their deadline from Sept 8 to Sept 15 or something. We'll see what happens after that. I'm guessing the SEC may then possibly invite A&M with the stipulation we pay any and all court costs, settlements, etc. should we get sued and lose it. However, I have a feeling the SEC lawyers are a bit much for the Baylor lawyers.

No matter what, right now, Baylor looks like the soon to be ex-wife who is kicking and screaming that she's going to take everything her soon to be ex-husband has as he's walking out the door with his 21 year old supermodel. Pathetic...and it won't end well for Baylor.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Did you just compare shutyomouth to a 21 year old supermodel?

You're correct, though. It is a pathetic move by Baylor and I don't know what they hope to accomplish. I guess desperate times call for desperate measures.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

apparently ISU, KU, KSU, BU will waive their right to sue ATM if OU commits to the Big XII-3.

not exactly sure what the quid pro quo is there. if OU leaves, then those middling programs with no power conference place to go....will sue ATM? How do that incentivize Oklahoma to not leave? why should OU care if ATM gets sued? strange tactic....i may be missing something.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I could be wrong but I think Baylor is threatening to sue the SEC for tortious(sp?) interference with the XII. I don't think they're suing aTm.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

that's what i meant. you are right. sorry, doing like 7 things at once trying to get out of the office.
"
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

and I'm certain Baylor's lawyers are just as competent as the good ol' boys doing pro-bono work for their beloved SEC.

In fact, I'm sure the Baylor lawyers are quite comfortable in prolonged, media-heavy litigation.

why is my neighborhood on fire
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

War Wagon wrote:I could be wrong but I think Baylor is threatening to sue the SEC for tortious(sp?) interference with the XII. I don't think they're suing aTm.
I believe Baylor is threatening to not wavier they're right to sign an agreement stating they will not bring litigation against A&M. This is the stipulation to allow departure to the SEC by the SEC.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Jsc810 wrote:I've defended several of the state universities
How'd that work out?

I guess in a land of laws we need lawyers, but damned if i can justify why putting a bullet in your head wouldn't be expeditious.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

War Wagon wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:I've defended several of the state universities
How'd that work out?

I guess in a land of laws we need lawyers, but damned if i can justify why putting a bullet in your head wouldn't be expeditious.
Marty's right. This place is getting meaner.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

All Baylor has to do is hold the hearing somewhere that requires SEC lawyers getting on planes...slam dunk win for the 12
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

OU and Texas have agreed not to sue ATM or the SEC or whatever it is you lawyer types were discussing.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.