Who's going to be your best rookie?

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Who's going to be your best rookie?

Post by poptart »

Oakland had a good (at least) draft in 2010 and the '11 draft has a chance to end up being a solid one (or better), also.

By now, even casual Raiderfan has become aware of '11 5th round pick Denarius Moore - WR from Tennessee.
The guy is performing as a skilled playmaker on a daily basis and is emerging as perhaps Oakland's best receiver - as well as looking good on punt returns.

As a 5th round pick, Moore has surprised a lot of people - but not any more, because it's becoming evident that... he's just doing what he can do.

He might be the best Raider pick in 2011.

A mocker might say, "BFD if he looks like Oakland's best receiver. That's not saying much."

I'm just saying, watch out for that name.
Denarius Moore.

S. Wisniewski and T. Jones might also make some noise this year.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Re: Who's going to be your best rookie?

Post by Go Coogs' »

Everyone was sort of up in arms when the Texans drafted JJ Watt over names like Robert Quinn and Nick Fairly.

Fastforward to now? Everyone loves this kid. He's 100% on every play and is a natural student of the game. He will be in the running for DRotY.

Not trailing far behind is second round pick DE (converted OLB) Brooks Reed. The kid had two sacks and two forced fumbles against second teamers last week, but it was still impact plays; something the Texans have been missing for years. Reed might have trouble getting on the field though, unless this Mario Williams OLB experiment fails miserably.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Go Coogs' wrote:He's 100% on every play and is a natural student of the game. He will be in the running for DRotY.
As a defensive end in a 3-4? Not fucking likely.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Why not?

It's possible he hs 5 sacks, a handful of TFLs, a FF, and some batted balls. That's DRotY worthy.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

In Pittsburgh it looks like 1st round pick DE Cameron Heyward is living up to expectations and then some. He's looking like he will work his way into the defensive line rotation. Also impressive has been 2rd round pick OT Marcus Gilbert. Despite showing up to camp a little out of shape, he has managed to get out of the coach's doghouse and may start at OT for the 3rd exhibition game. The rest are headed for special teams, IR, practice squad and the cut list.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

Stevan Ridley, 3rd round RB out of LSU. I know its only preseason but the kid has been all OVER the field.
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

With Leshoure out for the year, I'd bet on Fairley to be the most impactful and get the most meaningful reps. Titus Young will play as a #3 or #4 receiver behind Megatron, Burleson and possibly Rashied Davis. Fairley probably won't take the field until Week 1 at the earliest...Young might finally get some reps this weekend against the Pats.

He's not a rookie but he's only played 13 games in two seasons but hopefully this is the year Stafford survives an entire season. Sanchez from the same draft has played 31 regular season games plus 6 playoff games. Sanchez has more playoff wins (4) than Stafford has regular season wins (3). The 3rd QB in that draft was Freeman, he's played 26 games including all of last season.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Derek Sherrod would be the Packers’ best rookie if he can get some time at tackle, but it’s probably going to be Randall Cobb (WR) who will be running back kicks and should be our best at that since Desmond Howard.

JJ Watt will be one of the top defensive rookies in the league. High motor, good citizen. Shame he had to wind up with the Texans, but that’s not as bad as Carimi winding up on the Bears.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Looks like Number 1 pick Corey Liuget might win a starting spot on the D-line, he's looked good. I like RB Jordan Todman to be a big surprise within a year or two. Our day two picks were very questionable, somebody didn't do their homework...3 picks and I doubt any of them make the roster.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Go Coogs' wrote:Why not?
Their job is to free up the linebackers to make the plays. It just isn't a role that's going to get any looks as DROTY. That's not to say that it isn't important. Just not flashy.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

von miller-big, strong, fast, and hits like a freight train
serious contender for lots of rookie awards, including rookie of the year...he may single handedly drag denver out of the west cellar

of course, that assumes our d-line holds up
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
Go Coogs' wrote:He's 100% on every play and is a natural student of the game. He will be in the running for DRotY.
As a defensive end in a 3-4? Not fucking likely.
Not likely at all. Maybe Rumplehusband should have checked this bit on Watt before posting.
Take the game against the New York Jets, for example.

In his first-ever NFL action, Watt regularly beat his assignments, leading to the pressure other Texans capitalized on. When both Xavier Adibi and Earl Mitchell tallied sacks, the quarterback had initially dodged Watt.

Watt is not a complete player yet, however. He must get better at playing the run—something that has plagued the Texans defense in general this preseason. If the defensive line is too concentrated on applying pressure, the linebackers can be engulfed by extra blockers—a phenomenon leading to the rushing success that both the Jets and Saints had.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/8160 ... pectations
The combination of not being able to play the run AND serving up stats for others isn't exactly a formula for post season recognition.

Very, VERY few college kids come out with the tools ready to play DE on a 3-4 right away. That's why in Pittsburgh, they have spent 2 first round picks backfilling the position. One, Ziggy Hood, hardly played his rookie year, but is now on the verge of pushing Aaron Smith out of the starting lineup. And the other, Cam Heywood, is a rookie who will be a guy who gives Smith, Kiesel and Hood a blow, not an every play starter.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Tyron Smith has been playing well at RT, and while not a rookie (but second year guy) Phil Costa could be the reason Andre gurode has his contract renegotiated, is traded or released in the coming days. The prospect of having the Boys play 2 rookie offensive lineman and quite possibly three has me nervous. Also the defense sucks balls and could be a VERY slow start for the Boys this year.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

DallasFanatic wrote:Tyron Smith has been playing well at RT, and while not a rookie (but second year guy) Phil Costa could be the reason Andre gurode has his contract renegotiated, is traded or released in the coming days. The prospect of having the Boys play 2 rookie offensive lineman and quite possibly three has me nervous. Also the defense sucks balls and could be a VERY slow start for the Boys this year.

...it has Romo a might concerned as well
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

He may not get ROTY, but Cam Newton will be on more highlights this year than Tiger and LeBron combined.

Just ask ESPsukkthecockN.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Dion Lewis

For a small back he breaks a lot of arm tackles and bounces through holes like a pin ball. His college career at Pitt was pretty impressive and he's got the quickness that Reid likes from his backs that translates well to screen plays.

The Eagles have real depth at RB this year and it should bode well since their offensive line is having protection issues given their youth and inexperience.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Goober McTuber wrote:Derek Sherrod would be the Packers’ best rookie if he can get some time at tackle, but it’s probably going to be Randall Cobb (WR) who will be running back kicks and should be our best at that since Desmond Howard.
:bode:
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

rams TE lane kendricks. already seems to be Bradford's fave. might be a good late round fantasy pickup.
why is my neighborhood on fire