Can FSU defeat Oklahoma?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Can FSU defeat Oklahoma?

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

This is the big game of the early season.

Personally, I am an FSU homer, but........

The freshman and sophomores MUST step up on the O-Line and D-line. The biggest question...

FSU defensive backs v OU recievers.

I give it to OU. I HATE saying it, but, watching FSU backs chasing recievers for the past 5 years.........I hope Stoops(the other one) coaches them up a LOT! Otherwise...

I do not think that OU will rush for a lot, but.....see above.

Thoughts?

If FSU wins....it will be 27 to 17

If OU wins.....21 to 7

Thoughts?
What were we just talking about?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Can FSU defeat Oklahoma?

Post by King Crimson »

higher scoring game. FSU can win, sure. OU has been crap to mediocre on the road for a few years. FSU has a lot of payback...for last year's ass-whipping in Norman..., the 2000 BCS game, for the 80 and 81 Orange Bowls (the former, an ass-whipping...the latter, OU stole it in the last minute to give FSU it's first loss of the season and take them out of NC talk).

against a good front 7, Jones has to be "on". OU's run game disappears at times against better teams.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Ummm......Monroe and Southern?

Yeah, FSU might juuuuust get by them.

You sure you passed the bar?
What were we just talking about?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

King Crimson wrote:FSU has a lot of payback ... the 2000 BCS game,
Please.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Can FSU win? Sure. I think it will be a lot closer than last year's game was but I still think Oklahoma is the better team. It should be a very good game because FSU isn't as green as they were last year and they return 38 of the 44 on last year's two deep. Last year the DB's did not tackle well at all and were not nearly as physical as they needed to be on the perimeter. Once FSU got down early they had to abandon the run which was their strength last year. They didnt have a deep threat that scared Oklahoma, so they played everything in front of them and were jumping most routes it seemed.I think FSU is better but so isn't Oklahoma. My pick as of now:

Oklahoma 31
FSU 24
mrNoles
Fuckin' Noob

Post by mrNoles »

Actually one should see the new strength/conditioning program as well as the nutrition program that Fisher instituted start to pay off this year. Both lines are reported to have made huge strides in size and strength. Though Fisher has landed some studs depth will still be an issue.
I see this game hinging on the performance of starting qb, E J Mannual. May not be known outside of Florida but I gaurentee he will be pretty popular nation wide come September 19.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Travis Lewis out 8 weeks with a broken foot?

FSU gained a few %'s of win probability.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

mrNoles wrote:Actually one should see the new strength/conditioning program as well as the nutrition program that Fisher instituted start to pay off this year. Both lines are reported to have made huge strides in size and strength. Though Fisher has landed some studs depth will still be an issue.
I see this game hinging on the performance of starting qb, E J Mannual. May not be known outside of Florida but I gaurentee he will be pretty popular nation wide come September 19.
Jimbo has done a great job changing the attitude and the infrastructure of the program especially with the hiring of Vic Viloria as the Strength and Conditioning Coach. He is a disciple of Tommy Moffitt who is at LSU and was a GA alongside Scott Cochran who is now the SC coach at Alabama. FSU has seven guys at the DT position over 300 pounds with the other two being in the 290-295 range. Two years ago FSU didnt have a single player weigh at least 300 lbs.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Roger_the_Shrubber wrote:Can FSU defeat Oklahoma?
Yes. Just not this year.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

taht would be way too much laughter, spray.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Papa Willie wrote:
Moby Dick wrote:taht would be way too much laughter, spray.
True. And btw - let me just say that YOU are the coolest of all the OU posters.
i remember when Texas won the 05 NC. i hated it, because then Texas fan like Vito/Bill Favor and Prime and Harv could post their nonsense......with scoreboard authority,

none of that was nearly as dumb or fearful as Auburn fan. just because you won the NC, doesn't mean you aren't a freelance idiot.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

If OU gets to EJ early, this game could get ugly.

Hopefully it is a slugfest and FSUs run game wears OU out.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

The winner has an inside track to play for the whole thing. Can't wait.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I think FSU beats Oklahoma.