rank the teams in your conference

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

rank the teams in your conference

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

heading into the 2011 season.

1 Michigan State (pass the kool aid, bitches Image)
2 Wisconsin
3 Nebraska
4 Ohio State
5 Iowa
6 Northwestern
7 Penn State
8 Illinois
9 Michigan
10 Purdue
11 Minnesota
12 Indiana
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Re: rank the teams in your conference

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

fuck you...where is Cal

Sin,

m2OOOOOOOOOL
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

1. Vacant
2. Vacant
3. Stanford
4. Utah
5. Everyone else
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

1. Oklahoma
2. Texas A&M
3. Missouri
4. Oklahoma State
5. Kansas State
6. Baylor
7. Texas
8. Texas Tech
9. Iowa State
10. Kansas
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

1. Texas A&M
2. Oklahoma
3. Oklahoma State
4. Texas
5. Missouri
6. Baylor
7. Kansas State
8. Texas Tech
9. Iowa State
10. Kansas
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Tend to agree with Jsc here, Sam. The mad hatter just has some sort of root hold on getting most out of his talent. Hell, he won a national championship with arguably the worst QB to ever see the NFL.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Navy
Notre Dame
BYU
Army

They have head-to-head, have to prove it on the field.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Killian wrote:They have head-to-head
Sword fight! I'm in!

-Irie
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

UCF
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
So Miss
ECU
Marshall
Rice
UTEP
UAB
Memphis
Tulane
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Georgia at #9 = Mark Richt in ESPN studio.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

1. Oklahoma - They are loaded this year. They should play for the MNC.
2. Oklahoma State - Loaded on offense......defense will be the big ?
3. Texas - Will rebound from last year. There will be retribution for some of the losses last year.
4. Texas A&M - Overrated. They will not sneak up on anyone. They will lose 3 games in the Big XII
5. Missouri - Best team in the north....that's not saying much
6. Texas Tech - Still have a good offense but a shit defense. 4-5 in conference
7. Baylor - Good offense but no defense. They will win 4 games in the conference
8. Kansas State - Lost all their good players from last year. I see 2-7 in conference.
9. Iowa State - Will win 1 game in Big XII play
10. Kansas - Going to flat out suck
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

1 Wisconsin
2 Ohio State
3 Nebraska
4 Michigan State
5 Michigan
6 Illinois
7 Iowa
8 Northwestern
9 Penn State
10 Purdue
11 Minnesota
12 Indiana

Wisconsin: has a favorable schedule with it's toughest games at Ohio St. and Michigan St. Games they would be less than 3 point dogs if not favorite to win. Barry Alvarez brought Bob Devaney style football to Madison years ago. This team reminds me of my childhood days of NU. Yes, I remember Barry playing LB for NU. I think Bielema is a dick though, learned it while at Kansas St. I suppose. (Yes Pelini is too.)

Ohio St.: has Ohio St. talent. Now they are a crap shoot at this point, but anyone who dominated a conference as long as they have has got to be considered in the hunt.

Nebraska will have an awesome defense with all conference players at each level. Key here is will a defense designed to stop spread offenses be able to transition to stopping power running teams of the BIG 10. (Undersized LB's) Plus NU doesn't have a proven leader behind center, a young but talented offensive line will need to improve if NU can be 3rd in conference, they could be hovering around 4th or 5th because I don't expect the passing game to be anything but what it has been...poor. Nebraska has too many tough road games at Penn St., Wisconsin, & Michigan to be considered a favorite to win the conference let alone the division. I do think NU beats Ohio St. in Lincoln, thus the 3rd spot. Lose that game, 4th or 5th.

Michigan St.: My understanding is MSU lost some key players, but I think Dantonio is a great coach whom I admire. They could be sniffing the top IMO. The schedule is as brutal as NU's however. (I've always had a soft spot for MSU since that 10-10 thing in '66 vs. the Domers. A great football game.) Now of course they'll be a hated enemy.

Michigan: Brady Hoke will bring Michigan style football back, I feel their key to success is how Robinson makes the move to a Power I offense as opposed to spread. I assume UM is making that transition..? The defense has to be better by default alone. They get NU and OSU at home.

Illinois, Iowa, Northwestern, and Penn St. all could be as high as 4th in conference or as low as 9th. I like Scheelhaase at Illinois and I think they are solid in the middle of the pack. Northwestern will continue to improve with a great young coach in Fitzgerald and Persa is nails if he recovers fully from his knee. They'll upset people again. They get Michigan, PSU, and MSU at home.
Iowa has only 2 tough road games. They will have a strong running game and if they get good QB play, they will make noise. I suspect the defense will be solid as usual.

I hope NU would get a second shot at Wisconsin for the Roses. (but probably not)
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Cornhusker wrote:Michigan St.: My understanding is MSU lost some key players
Eh, personnel wise they will be a better team. That likely won't translate into a better record though due to the schedule.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

1. Boise State-the Mountain West did Boise a solid by moving the TCU game to Bronco Stadium...kind of a parting "fuck you" to the Horned Frogs before they jump to a BCS conference.
2.TCU-they only get six starters back, but Patterson is a great coach
3. Air Force-great running game and they were just a couple of plays away from being 11-2
4. San Diego State-one of those surprise teams that causes lots of mischief
after the top 4 who gives a fuck
Colorado State
Wyoming
UNLV/New Mexico-both teams are just fucking awful, so last place is up for grabs
get out, get out while there's still time
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

txangler74 wrote:UCF
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
So Miss
ECU
Marshall
Rice
UTEP
UAB
Memphis
Tulane
SMU
So. Miss
UCF
Houston
Tulsa
ECU
Rice
Marshall
UAB
Memphis
Tulane
UTEP

Angler, I think SMU gets it done this season with all the returning starters. Keenum may be returning with every offensive weapon at his disposal (minus Cleveland), but I think there will be some rust. In addition, defenses will be gunning for him after seeing how he couldn't handle being pressured in the conference championship game. And we all know Houston's defense is still terrible, so until they can prove they can stop opposing offenses from ramming in down their throats, Houston isn't going to win the C-USA title.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Dinsdale wrote:1. Vacant
2. Vacant
3. Stanford
4. Utah
5. Everyone else

Looks about right....

Ucla will probably win more games than expected - Neuheisel has a strong survival instinct.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Harvdog wrote:1. Oklahoma - They are loaded this year. They should play for the MNC.
Harv doing some reverse sandbagging.... :D

we'll see. Sooners will have to win at FSU early and at OSU late(second year in a row, thanks, and the last two in Stillwater have been freak show Sooner wins....the Pokes are due to spoil an OU season...it's been 10 years since they beat us)....to get to the BCS game. Both are likely to be top 10-15 type teams. Outside of stealing the bacon at Boone-Pickens (errrr.....Lewis Field)...OU has been iffy on the road the last few years.

this is the kind of team you'd expect to have a chance, but there are no "should's" about playing for the Big Prize imo.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

Go Coogs' wrote:Angler, I think SMU gets it done this season with all the returning starters. Keenum may be returning with every offensive weapon at his disposal (minus Cleveland), but I think there will be some rust. In addition, defenses will be gunning for him after seeing how he couldn't handle being pressured in the conference championship game. And we all know Houston's defense is still terrible, so until they can prove they can stop opposing offenses from ramming in down their throats, Houston isn't going to win the C-USA title.
Rumps, our offense has been hit by the "Coach I failed TV" bug. Lost two receivers and a back up tailback. Not to mention the 3-4 incoming freshmen that were suppose to contribute that failed summer school. Our defense on the other hand will be tough. If we have some kids that step up and fill those holes I think you are right.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

in the big 10...OSU still has talent...Michigan still fucking blows and that fat fucker they hired as a coach is going to get the ass beating of his life in November...

is that good enough?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I don't think he'll be waiting until November for that.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Papa Willie wrote:I don't think you have ANY idea how hard I'll be pulling for BSU to kick the fuck out of UGA. Not only do I hope BSU wins, but I'd like to see them run the score up on the Dawgs. :D
Me too, but for different reasons. I want BSU to run the table, get in the BCS championship game and get curb-stomped all the while a different 1-loss team from a major conference gets snubbed. Nothing against BSU, but that may be the perfect storm to getting us some playoffs.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

B10

1. Not Michigan
2. Not Michigan
3. Not Michigan
4. Michigan
5. Not Michigan
6. Not Michigan
7. Not Michigan
8. Not Michigan
9. Not Michigan
10. Not Michigan
11. Indiana
12. Minnesota
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Jsc810 wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:I want BSU to run the table, get in the BCS championship game and get curb-stomped all the while a different 1-loss team from a major conference gets snubbed. Nothing against BSU, but that may be the perfect storm to getting us some playoffs.
Yes, but see TCU last year .....

Money talks. Hopefully Mark Cuban's efforts will produce a playoff.
Apples and oranges. Difference being that last year, Oregon and Auburn are in real conferences and went undefeated. Had Auburn had 1 loss along the way, TCU would have been #2 in the standings most likely at season's end. In my scenario above, I said a 1-loss team from a major conference.

Also, BSU will start the season in the top 7 like TCU did. The only reason TCU got leapfrogged by both Auburn and Oregon was because they play no one. BSU doesn't either besides Georgia, but that's when I go back to the other team having one loss. BSU has enough skins on the wall now that they will not get leapfrogged by a team with a loss unless they are barely scraping out victories against the shit competition.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Papa Willie wrote: I will be wearing Blue & Orange with at hat that says "THIS IS FOR FUCKING FELIX" on my head for that game.
NICE!!!!

Sudden Sam wrote:Goddammit! I like Felix and I have nothing against his Broncos, but I want Georgia to run them out of Atlanta. Note: See, it's not a home game for the Bulldogs...equal footing for both BSU and Georgia. :lol:

And I don't like Georgia!

Actually I should be glad to see Boise State playing a decent team. Just wish they'd play more than 2 a year.
first it was "they don't play anybody" now it's "they only play two decent games a year"...fuck sammy, you won't be happy until the play the entire SEC.....

oh BTW, Boise might get beat in a MWC game, but I can assure you there isn't anybody that's going to "curb stomp" them....didn't TCU/Wisky teach you honks anything?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Felix wrote:didn't TCU/Wisky teach you honks anything?
Yep. That if you play 10 games each year against D7 kids, you can stay healthy and hang with the big boys once in a while. :D
oh it's on like a mofo now..... :D
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

IndyFrisco wrote:Apples and oranges. Difference being that last year, Oregon and Auburn are in real conferences and went undefeated.
Both teams are facing major NCAA violations. Can't same the same thing for TCU.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

IndyFrisco wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:I want BSU to run the table, get in the BCS championship game and get curb-stomped all the while a different 1-loss team from a major conference gets snubbed. Nothing against BSU, but that may be the perfect storm to getting us some playoffs.
Yes, but see TCU last year .....

Money talks. Hopefully Mark Cuban's efforts will produce a playoff.
Apples and oranges. Difference being that last year, Oregon and Auburn are in real conferences and went undefeated. Had Auburn had 1 loss along the way, TCU would have been #2 in the standings most likely at season's end. In my scenario above, I said a 1-loss team from a major conference.

Also, BSU will start the season in the top 7 like TCU did. The only reason TCU got leapfrogged by both Auburn and Oregon was because they play no one. BSU doesn't either besides Georgia, but that's when I go back to the other team having one loss. BSU has enough skins on the wall now that they will not get leapfrogged by a team with a loss unless they are barely scraping out victories against the shit competition.
Didn't TCU's conference go undefeated in their Bowl games?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MAC

West

Western Michigan
Toledo
Northern Illinois
Central Michigan
Ball State
Eastern Michigan

East

Ohio
Temple
Akron
Miami
Kent State
Bowling Green
Buffalo
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: Didn't TCU's conference go undefeated in their Bowl games?
Nope.

Northern Ill. 40, Fresno St. 17
TCU was in the Mountain West last year. Fresno ain't.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

FSU
Virginia Tech
UNC
Clemson
Miami
GT
BC
NC State
Maryland
Virginia
Duke
Wake Forest
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Cicero wrote: :friday:
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

[quote="Cicero"][/quote]

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Who's next, Trix posting on the SEC or Babs on the Big10?
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Good to see everyone is still here.

Can't wait for the season to start.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:heading into the 2011 season.

1 Michigan State (pass the kool aid, bitches Image)
2 Wisconsin
3 Nebraska
4 Ohio State
5 Iowa
6 Northwestern
7 Penn State
8 Illinois
9 Michigan
10 Purdue
11 Minnesota
12 Indiana
Bump. I figure these threads are pointless if we don't go back and dish out props and/or call each other idiots.

I was a roughing-the-punter penalty away from nailing 1 and 2. I was low on Penn State and really low on Michigan (shocker, I know). Here's how the order actually shook out (taking into account final conference records and my own subjective reasoning):

1 Wisconsin
2 Michigan State
3 Michigan
4 Penn State
5 Nebraska
6 Ohio State
7 Iowa
8 Purdue
9 Northwestern
10 Illinois
11 Minnesota
12 Indiana

Spray pretty well nailed the SEC, except a bit low on Georgia.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dinsdale wrote:1. Vacant
2. Vacant
3. Stanford
4. Utah
5. Everyone else

Not too terrible. Keep in mind that Evil Purple could be ranked #1 in every poll, and I'd still put them at #12.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one