Your favourite kid's shows when you were growing up.

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Your favourite kid's shows when you were growing up.

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

smackaholic wrote:...but these upper messican fukkers are REALLY creepy. Make mr rogers look like clint eastwood.
No shit. Rob Zombie could do another Texas Chainsaw Massacre spinoff casting these fuckers:

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sudden Sam wrote: I've modeled my life based on Daffy Duck . WB cartoons were awesome.
That they were. My favorite probably had to be Foghorn Leghorn. "Get away from me boy, you bother me"

or Marvin the Martian. "Where's the Ka-Boom? There was supposed to be a really loud Ka-Boom"

I could watch that shit for hours, and did.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:H.R. Pufnstuf (when I was way little)

Any wonder why kds in our agerange eded up doin so much acid? Seemed like the logical next step from Pufnstuf.

The Ramblin' Rod Show was THE show in the Portland area. They showed the Loony Tunes/HB cartoons, But Ramblin Rod used to come on the set driving this little boat out to the studio audience of little kids (I went twice). Imagine our disappointment when we discovered the boat actually had no bottom, and te shyster was walking it in. Fucker osted that show for 34 years -- absolute icon in the area. Was until he died, anyway.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

not sure i want to drop my 7 year old off to hang out with a dude named ramblin' rod.

just sayin'.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Papa Willie wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:Errrrr - no TV when I was growing up.

/s/
Goobs
But we had radio. BTW, your state could use some lessons in growing sweet corn. Ours' isn't ready yet so we get get Georgia sweet corn. Most farmers up here would feed that shit to their cattle. With a silent apology to the cattle.
A lot of the corn we get tastes like they've poured sugar on it. I'd imagine that you're getting old "shit corn". Why would we send you assholes our best? :D
You send us your best peaches. You folks just don't know how to grow decent corn. Absolutely pathetic.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote: You send us your best peaches. You folks just don't know how to grow decent corn. Absolutely pathetic.
I suspect they grow good corn. Trouble is, corn has a shelf life of about 10 minutes. If it's shipped more than 20 miles or so, it's gonna be teh suck.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

I suspect that you are as dumb as a bag of hammers, and continually talk out of your ass.
Supersweet corn are varieties of sweet corn which produce higher than normal levels of sugar developed by University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign professor John Laughnan.[3] He was investigating two specific genes in sweet corn, one of which, the sh2 gene, caused the corn to shrivel when dry. After further investigation Laughnan discovered that the endosperm of sh2 sweet corn kernels store less starch and from 4 to 10 times more sugar than normal su sweet corn. He published his findings in 1953, disclosing the advantages of growing supersweet sweet corn, but many corn breeders lacked enthusiasm for the new supersweet corn. Illinois Foundation Seeds Inc. was the first seed company to release a supersweet corn and it was called Illini Xtra Sweet, but widespread use of supersweet hybrids did not occur until the early 1980s. The popularly of supersweet corn rose due to its long shelf life and large sugar content when compared to conventional sweet corn. This has allowed the long-distance shipping of sweet corn and has enabled manufacturers to can sweet corn without adding extra sugar or salt.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:We may send you a few good products now and then (those peaches you mentioned/women/real football)
Real football? How's it gonna get here?

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:We may send you a few good products now and then (those peaches you mentioned/women/real football)
Real football? How's it gonna get here?
TV
Yeah, in the future I'll settle for pictures of your shitty fucking corn as well.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Sudden Sam wrote:You don't really want our 3-loss teams that finished 4th in their division coming up there kicking your co-champs asses, do you?
No, we much prefer always giving you home-field advantage.

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Fibber McGee and Molly, Arthur Godfrey and his Talent Scouts, Amos & Andy, Death Valley Days...

Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Sesame Street
Dukes of Hazard
3 Stooges
Voltron
Gilligan's Island
Batman (Adam West)
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:I suspect that you are as dumb as a bag of hammers, and continually talk out of your ass.
Supersweet corn are varieties of sweet corn which produce higher than normal levels of sugar developed by University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign professor John Laughnan.[3] He was investigating two specific genes in sweet corn, one of which, the sh2 gene, caused the corn to shrivel when dry. After further investigation Laughnan discovered that the endosperm of sh2 sweet corn kernels store less starch and from 4 to 10 times more sugar than normal su sweet corn. He published his findings in 1953, disclosing the advantages of growing supersweet sweet corn, but many corn breeders lacked enthusiasm for the new supersweet corn. Illinois Foundation Seeds Inc. was the first seed company to release a supersweet corn and it was called Illini Xtra Sweet, but widespread use of supersweet hybrids did not occur until the early 1980s. The popularly of supersweet corn rose due to its long shelf life and large sugar content when compared to conventional sweet corn. This has allowed the long-distance shipping of sweet corn and has enabled manufacturers to can sweet corn without adding extra sugar or salt.
that shit might work pretty well for freezing or canning. i am referring to fresh corn which is what i thought you were talking about as you mention it not yet being in season. And i don't give a fukk how much sugar is in it, fresh corn on the cob should be eaten the day it's picked, day after at worst.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:I suspect that you are as dumb as a bag of hammers, and continually talk out of your ass.
that shit might work pretty well for freezing or canning. i am referring to fresh corn which is what i thought you were talking about as you mention it not yet being in season. And i don't give a fukk how much sugar is in it, fresh corn on the cob should be eaten the day it's picked, day after at worst.
Everything is better the fresher it is. But most produce is now engineered for longer shelf life. I'm not talking about canned or frozen corn, I'm talking about ears of sweet corn. But continue talking out of your ass about subjects you know nothing about.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Everything is better the fresher it is. But most produce is now engineered for longer shelf life. I'm not talking about canned or frozen corn, I'm talking about ears of sweet corn. But continue talking out of your ass about subjects you know nothing about.
Nice KYOA there, methuselah.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
You really are the stupidest motherfucker on the internet.

txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

If you grew up in the DFW during the 70's and early 80's you probably remember this guy.

If not you, I am sure you know his son's band.

F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

War Wagon wrote:There is a God and my tomato garden is proof of that.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:
smackaholic wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
not as long as you are on it, old timer.

my whole point from the start is that corn doesn't travel well. i suspect that SEC corn travels even worse. you finally make this statement.....
Everything is better the fresher it is.
but continue calling me a dumbass for agreeing with it.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

smackaholic wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
not as long as you are on it, old timer.
Move to Kansas City. You’ll fit right in. But you’ll still be the dumbest motherfucker in town.

smackaholic wrote: my whole point from the start is that corn doesn't travel well. i suspect that SEC corn travels even worse. you finally make this statement.....
Yes, it’s better when fresher, but it can still be shipped distributed and sold without it turning to field corn. I doubt that corn was all that great to begin with. Dumbass.

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mr. French.

I just felt like saying that.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Yes, it’s better when fresher, but it can still be shipped distributed and sold without it turning to field corn. I doubt that corn was all that great to begin with. Dumbass.[/quote]

Rack SECers for getting you to drop cash on cow corn. I made a similar mistake once at a farmer's market in nashville. Some old redneck was selling corn on the cob. He was up front in saying "it ain't butter and sugar corn, but fry some up in a skillet with some butter and S&P. You'll like it" And it was like 50 cents for a truckload. I gave it a shot, but there just wasn't enough butter or salt and pepper in the world to make that cow corn tasty. I did live in that area 3 years and had plenty good COTC. So, it is possible to grow it in the SEC. I guess they just don't do road games just like in football.

Face it, old man, we yankees have about a two month window to enjoy really good corn on the cob, kind of like with home grown tomatoes. Forntunately, that window is only a month or so away.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

all right, who the fukk hijacked this thread back to kiddie shows?

back to a topic that someone actually gives a fukk about, produce.

is it possible to find an edible apple this time of year? getting a little tired of the tasteless mushy shit, mostly from chile or argentina that the OL's been bringing home. the stuff is worse than wisconsin corn trucked in from georgia. i can find the various delicious varieties, but, i'm a tart apple fan. i absolutely hate those faggoty sweet varieties. i'd kill for a good macintosh or macoun right about now. why don't those worthless south americans grow macs so i can have one in june? i say we nuke the those worthless spics.
Ana Ng
Typhoid Mary

Post by Ana Ng »

poptart wrote:Image

Mr. French.

I just felt like saying that.
I used to have a "Mrs. Beasley" doll just like Buffy's when I was little. Don't know what happened to it?! Thought about purchasing another one from a collector on E-bay, but most of them don't come with her "original" glasses.

The house that Anissa Jones (Buffy) OD'd in was just a few miles from where I grew up in O'side. It's like a senior community now, or something. Creepy.
War Wagon wrote:There is a God and my tomato garden is proof of that.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

once we got cable, the Herculoids and Leave it to Beaver reruns.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"