poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Playoff hangover effect: Chiefs in trouble

Post by poptart »

R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Re: Playoff hangover effect: Chiefs in trouble

Post by R-Jack »

Not much to discuss. The only thing softer than their schedule last year was their road schedule last year. They only played two playoff teams last year and one of those was the Seahawks. It's not exactly a team with a stranglehold on the division.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I think their draft has potential to turn out pretty good for them.

J. Baldwin potentially gives them that WR target opposite D. Bowe that they were lacking last season.
Their 3 defensive picks in rds 3 & 4 might bolster that unit.

What about the loss of C. Weis, though?

And yeah, the schedule this year looks much stiffer on paper.
They've got @ Indy, @ NE, Pittsburgh at home, @ NYJ, and GB at home.

They have their work cut out for them.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

It's hard to get worked up over a season that may not happen, but yeah, that's a brutal schedule they drew.

8-8
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

8-8? Those are some mighty fine rose colored glasses you have on Wags.

5-11 tops, prolly 4-12 with Super Tebow taking the reins.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

DallasFanatic wrote:5-11 tops, prolly 4-12 with Super Tebow taking the reins.

Uhm...

nevermind.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
kcdave
crusader

Post by kcdave »

6-10
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Still the favorite to win the AFC West. Raydahs and Mules suck out loud, and the Blots' coaching staff once again will be their undoing. Chiefs go 10-6 again and hopefully finally win a damn playoff game.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Raydahs and Mules suck out loud
Those two 'suck out loud' teams put up a 3-1 mark against you last year and outscored you 109 - 69.

Both Oakland and Denver will be improved over last year, imo.
KC, losing one of the quality OCs around and facing a MUCH more difficult schedule, will not be improved.

Your 10-6 will be a faded memory - much like the 36 inch waistline.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Didn't the Raiders schedule Homecoming against the queefs this year?
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

poptart wrote:
Raydahs and Mules suck out loud
Those two 'suck out loud' teams put up a 3-1 mark against you last year and outscored you 109 - 69.

Both Oakland and Denver will be improved over last year, imo.
KC, losing one of the quality OCs around and facing a MUCH more difficult schedule, will not be improved.

Your 10-6 will be a faded memory - much like the 36 inch waistline.
Dungver MIGHT improve a little bit, but you're begging if you seriously think that Chokeland improved. They just lost arguably the best cover CB in the league and their best receiver (the TE) to free agency. They have a SHIT WR and defensive back corps. Their offensive line is a huge question mark as well.

KC will be just fine with Bill Muir/Haley calling the offensive plays. The additions of Steve Breaston, Jon Baldwin, and Le'Ron McClain to this offense will make it the best offense in the AFC West, and possibly the AFC. Kelly Gregg is a stud veteran nose tackle that will anchor the Chiefs' D-line and provide veteran leadership. IF the additions of former Blot Brandon Siler and 3rd round pick Justin Houston make this LB corps as good as some are saying it will be, then we might just have a Top 10 defense on our hands.

The AFC West belongs to us. :bode:
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Paul wrote:KC will be just fine with Bill Muir/Haley calling the offensive plays.

You were 14th in pts scored and 12th in total yards last season.

I doubt that you match that this year.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Paul wrote: the best offense in the AFC West, and possibly the AFC.
Is in San Diego. It's not even arguable.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

True.

2nd in pts scored and 1st in total yds.

I can't imagine KC overtaking them offensively this year - unless maybe if Rivers got hurt and was sidelined for a long time.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

Post by Kansas City Kid »

As long as the Chiefs have that stiff Cassel behind center 8-8 is a pipe dream this year as the NFC WEST and the four auto-wins are not on the schedule.

I'll call 6-10 right now.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

mvscal wrote:
WAS in San Diego last year. It's not even arguable.
Fixed for accuracy.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Kansas City Kid wrote:that stiff Cassel
what I've seen as well.

If they win, it'll be despite him.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Paul wrote:
mvscal wrote:
WAS in San Diego last year. It's not even arguable.
Fixed for accuracy.
Still haven't found a cure for being a FAT, FUCKING RETARD, I see.

They did that last year despite their best receiver missing ten games, despite a slew of other injuries to their receiving corps that left them starting #5 and #6 receivers, despite losing Complainian, despite having their top draft pick dinged up all year and despite having a fullback as their leading rusher. This year they return their o line intact. The top receivers are signed and ready to go and Ryan Mathews is healthy. They're in much better shape than they were a year ago.

The Queefs schedule is brutal. If your offense cracks the top 15 it will be a fucking miracle.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

A Chiefs HAIKU:

Cassel is no good
Haley can't rally his men
Chiefs end six and ten
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

...why all the hate for Cassel? Give him a break Chefan. Dude is my neighbor here in Northridge and has been a winner at every level (sans SC) including taking our Northridge little leaguers all the way to the championship game at Williamsport in 1994. Ease up, he will end up a winner.

http://www.wickedlocal.com/middleboroug ... z1UjrKQcJi
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

I agree he would dominate on any KC area Little League squad......he just sucks as an NFL QB.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

There are reasons to like Cassel. He's tough and gets up after hits that would've sent Brokie to the ER. He's a good leader, he organized practices at local schools during the lockout. He's a passionate competitor, nobody questions his will to win.

But... he holds onto the ball too long and takes too many sacks. He can't throw on the run when the pocket breaks down. When you see him scrambling, the best thing you can hope for is he'll throw the ball out of bounds rather than an INT or fumble.

So like I said, if they win, it'll be despite him.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

War Wagon wrote:There are reasons to like Cassel. He's tough and gets up after hits that would've sent Brokie to the ER. He's a good leader, he organized practices at local schools during the lockout. He's a passionate competitor, nobody questions his will to win.

But... he holds onto the ball too long and takes too many sacks. He can't throw on the run when the pocket breaks down. When you see him scrambling, the best thing you can hope for is he'll throw the ball out of bounds rather than an INT or fumble.

So like I said, if they win, it'll be despite him.

All that will hopefully correct itself with experience. As far as scrambling, when Philip Rivers takes off to the right forget it, he rarely makes a connection off a scramble and he's been around the block a few times. He doesn't scramble well, but he's one of the elite QB's...it didn't happen overnight.

joe6pac
Elwood

Post by joe6pac »

Kansas City Kid wrote:I agree he would dominate on any KC area Little League squad......he just sucks as an NFL QB.

See last years Pro Bowl roster

10-6

Donkey's and Duh's......first one to 5 wins, wins third
Find'em hot, leav'em wet
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

The only way Cassel goes to the Pro Bowl again is if someone buys him tickets.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Kansas City Kid wrote:The only way Cassel goes to the Pro Bowl again is if someone buys him tickets.

Player........ Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD% INT INT% Long Sck Sack/Lost Rating

Matt Cassel 450 262 3,116 .. 58.2...... 6.9.. 27 6.0.... 7.. 1.6.... 75.. 26.. 182..... 93.0

His 93.0 QB rating was better than Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Matt Schaub, and a host of others. Mark Sanchez and Sam Bradford were in the 70's...You could do a whole lot worse Kid.

Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

It seems you and joe are more concerned with Pro Bowls and QB ratings rather than playoff wins. Cassel is tied with me in that category. Just not convinced he is worth a shit. I hope he has a huge year, believe me.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Haley's treating this game as a controlled practice. Controlled batting practice, that is, for Tampa Bay.

I hate pre-season games almost as much as the Fox NFC nut-swingers calling this game. Fuck this noise.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

ChargerMike wrote:...why all the hate for Cassel? Give him a break Chefan. Dude is my neighbor here in Northridge and has been a winner at every level (sans SC) including taking our Northridge little leaguers all the way to the championship game at Williamsport in 1994. Ease up, he will end up a winner.
You DO realize that you're engaging a fucking retard that considers chasing Paul up and down message boards as great sport, right Mike?

Cassel threw 27 touchdown passes last year, and had only seven interceptions. No, he ain't Brady, but in 2010 he didn't have to be, as the Chiefs had the #1 rushing attack in the League. He manages the game, doesn't turn the ball over, and has proven he can win one late if he has to. Most teams would be happy to have him.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

How come KC couldn't score a point (at home) tonight?

Wtf was that all about?

4-12

:lol:
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

poptart wrote:How come KC couldn't score a point (at home) tonight?

Wtf was that all about?
What part of "controlled scrimmage" do you struggle with, dog eater?

First Team O: Three possessions; two drives started inside their own 10, set up by no-name rooks making poor return choices; two turnovers, one committed by a rookie center-quarterback exchange, the other at midfield by a journeyman fullback who'll be out on the street auditioning for Raider camp first thing come cutdown time. Cassel did not attempt a pass. Charles, Moeaki, Breaston and Bowe did not play. Hell, the Chiefs didn't even go in motion.
4-12
Given the schedule, I'd take it provided all four wins come over the Primer and Grease and the Mr. Eds. Off yourself, tardling.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I don't have a dog in this fight like you Division hawks, but I like Cassel. Give me him over Grossman, Beck or Kellen Clemens any fucking day.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Truman wrote:Haley's treating this game as a controlled practice. Controlled batting practice, that is, for Tampa Bay.
I had tickets given to me for this game, good seats, and a parking pass. I gave them away and I'm glad I did.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

Truman wrote:
ChargerMike wrote:...why all the hate for Cassel? Give him a break Chefan. Dude is my neighbor here in Northridge and has been a winner at every level (sans SC) including taking our Northridge little leaguers all the way to the championship game at Williamsport in 1994. Ease up, he will end up a winner.
You DO realize that you're engaging a fucking retard that considers chasing Paul up and down message boards as great sport, right Mike?
Cassel threw 27 touchdown passes last year, and had only seven interceptions. No, he ain't Brady, but in 2010 he didn't have to be, as the Chiefs had the #1 rushing attack in the League. He manages the game, doesn't turn the ball over, and has proven he can win one late if he has to. Most teams would be happy to have him.

...true that Truman, I don't know what got into me :oops:

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

War Wagon wrote:
Truman wrote:Haley's treating this game as a controlled practice. Controlled batting practice, that is, for Tampa Bay.
I had tickets given to me for this game, good seats, and a parking pass. I gave them away and I'm glad I did.

..How did Buddy enjoy the game?

Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Truman wrote: What part of "controlled scrimmage" do you struggle with, dog eater?

First Team O: Three possessions; two drives started inside their own 10, set up by no-name rooks making poor return choices; two turnovers, one committed by a rookie center-quarterback exchange, the other at midfield by a journeyman fullback who'll be out on the street auditioning for Raider camp first thing come cutdown time. Cassel did not attempt a pass. Charles, Moeaki, Breaston and Bowe did not play. Hell, the Chiefs didn't even go in motion.

Given the schedule, I'd take it provided all four wins come over the Primer and Grease and the Mr. Eds. Off yourself, tardling.
Werd....oh, and the "Cassel sucks, even though he is a PRO BOWLER" take thrown out by some is very fact-based.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Truman wrote:
poptart wrote:How come KC couldn't score a point (at home) tonight?

Wtf was that all about?
What part of "controlled scrimmage" do you struggle with, dog eater?

4-12
Everyone knows that depth becomes a factor for a team during the course of an NFL season.

Nobody did shit for you guys the other night.

Zero points is not good. :lol:

And it doesn't do much to ease rational concerns that your offense will be regularly bent over due to losing a strong OC like C. Weis.

But zero points is prolly the result of Camp Candyass that Tardd Haley is running over there.

Contrasting that is the MAN'S CAMP that Hue Jackson is running in California this go-around.

Good stuff!

The Raiders are going to dish out some prison style abuse to you sissies this season.

Seriously.

Like the old skool days.
Kansas City Kid
BANNED FAT RETARD

It looks like all of the regular "homers" are looking past the fact that the Chiefs had four auto-wins last year vs. the NFC West. You DO realize they beat nobody with a record above .500 last season and lost to EVERY team they played above .500, right?

6-10 is being generous for 2011. Deal with it.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Kansas City Kid wrote:It looks like all of the regular "homers" are looking past the fact that the Chiefs had four auto-wins last year vs. the NFC West. You DO realize they beat nobody with a record above .500 last season and lost to EVERY team they played above .500, right?

6-10 is being generous for 2011. Deal with it.
Either way, you'll still be a loser.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

poptart wrote:[Image]Everyone knows that depth becomes a factor for a team during the course of an NFL season.

Nobody did shit for you guys the other night.

Zero points is not good. [/Image]
Fixed. What's next Dog-Eater? The Game is won in the trenches? You have to score more points than the other team to win the game?
And it doesn't do much to ease rational concerns that your offense will be regularly bent over due to losing a strong OC like C. Weis.
Bill Walsh, Chuck Noll, and Vince Lombardi patrolling the sideline wouldn’t have made a lick of difference to that outcome last Friday night. You don’t get it, Kimchee Breath: They didn’t even freaking try. Haley was evaluating kids who will be in street clothes come September.
But zero points is prolly the result of Camp Candyass that Tardd Haley is running over there.
That, or nine straight days of conditioning. We’ll see who’s bitching about injuries come November while watching his team’s signature, late-game self-implosions because they were too gassed to finish.
Contrasting that is the MAN'S CAMP that Hue Jackson is running in California this go-around. Good stuff!
MAN’S CAMP in California, eh? Sounds like a whole lotta buggery goin’ on out there. Lemme know how that translates into football. Have to imagine the Chiefs will stick to practicing the game at theirs, thank you.
The Raiders are going to prison. Seriously. Like the old skool days.
Fixed again.