Updated List of Cheaters

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Updated List of Cheaters

Post by King Crimson »

i'll point out right now, that Joe Paterno and Barry Switzer are friends. for all the "JoePa" is all that is good about BTCFB and Switzer is Capital Evil and that quote..... the author needs to update his material since about 1985.

for what Switzer was crucified for....would blink an eye these days.

"The latter player probably didn’t receive person checks from Switzer, scalped game tickets, free airline tickets, or a boatload of money from a bidding war during his recruitment. All of that happened, and it resulted in a two-year bowl ban, a one-year live television ban and recruiting restrictions."

Switzer bought a plane ticket for a kid to visit his mother's funeral to put OU on probation in 88. the author is confusing things here to pile on Switzer. the 2 year ban, No TV happened under Chuck Fairbanks in 72 or 73. Sooners were not on TV in 74.

i didn't say Barry wasn't cheating. no doubt OU tried to buy Hart Lee Dykes.....but lost out on a lot of other players like Earl Campbell (for reasons of Platonic Texas virtue one is led to believe) and Eric DIckerson....both of whom were almost Sooners but "for some reason" were not.

but really, this synopsis isn't even an accurate detail of the cheating.

OU clearly got more out of the SWC style cheating than UT or ATM. Barry got 3 NC's out of being an "outlaw" program. What did UT or ATM get? oh yeah, UT is the cleanest program on planet earth. everyone was cheating in the SWC to "keep up with Texas". except that UT wasn't really that good. after their all-white team won the MNC in 1970. they go 35 years without a title.

that's a team to love.
Last edited by King Crimson on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jesus Christ, Sam, most of those violations are from the 80's and 90's. That's the best you can do? Wisconsin's was 11 years ago, and mostly it involved one shoe store owner giving players deals on shoes. Hell, I can go in there to this day and ask Steve Scmitt for a discount and I'll get one.
The Badgers have managed to survive the last decade without any other major violations, and the football and basketball programs have enjoyed consistent success.
This thread's every bit as bad as the Buscemi's eyes one..
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

"a person check", that's some quality hard-hitting journalism.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:After skimming over it, I agree with you, KC.
i've edited since i think you posted this, to "bash" the incredible, unstoppable virtue of the University of Texas football team which is above reproach....and incredibly backward at a time when the rest of the US acknowledged the black athlete.....i know that's not what you mean.

King
"
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Its most embarrassing incident occurred in 1991, when 60 Minutes aired recordings of head football coach Pat Dye arranging a loan for a player. The series of incriminating tapes were provided by former star defensive back Eric Ramsey and unveiled a player payment scheme involving the coaching staff and prominent booster "Corky" Frost. For its wrongdoing, Auburn received a two-year bowl ban, a one-year television and ban and lost 13 scholarships over a four-year period.
Are you fuckin kidding me?
13 scholarships over 4 years vs 30 scholarships over 3 years?
NCAA forces USC to cut all ties with Reggie Bush because a felon said that Reggie knew his step dad was taking money from an agent, the ncaa catches Pat Dye red handed and Auburn names a field after the guy and he is still employed by the school as a "special advisor" http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-f ... 05aag.html
the hypocrisy of the ncca is disgusting
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

SoCalTrjn wrote:
Its most embarrassing incident occurred in 1991, when 60 Minutes aired recordings of head football coach Pat Dye arranging a loan for a player. The series of incriminating tapes were provided by former star defensive back Eric Ramsey and unveiled a player payment scheme involving the coaching staff and prominent booster "Corky" Frost. For its wrongdoing, Auburn received a two-year bowl ban, a one-year television and ban and lost 13 scholarships over a four-year period.
Are you fuckin kidding me?
13 scholarships over 4 years vs 30 scholarships over 3 years?
NCAA forces USC to cut all ties with Reggie Bush because a felon said that Reggie knew his step dad was taking money from an agent, the ncaa catches Pat Dye red handed and Auburn names a field after the guy and he is still employed by the school as a "special advisor" http://auburntigers.cstv.com/sports/m-f ... 05aag.html
the hypocrisy of the ncca is disgusting
One trick pony said what?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

I'm pretty sure the one-year TV ban for Auburn was the last TV ban to be imposed on a school.

USuCk never missed a TV payday, you painfully stupid whiner.
txangler74
Elwood

Post by txangler74 »

It sucks being made an example of. It is nice to see the school and program finally embracing players from that era. Not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing none of the kids on the team were alive when all that went down.
F-You man, I'll never go to Texas. I hated Texas from that point on.
-Eric Dickerson on his recruitment to the University of Texas
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I'm calling bullshit. Alabama had 10 major violations in 2002 alone and multiple more just two years ago in the textbook scandal.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

A lot of these schools' violations go waaaaay back. Obviously Alabama's and USC's recent problems haven't established them as ranking with the "all-time" cheats, but their probs are more prominent in peoples' minds right now.
Multiple major infractions in Textbook scandal just two years ago. Over $4,000 of fraud in 2009! A current probe into their recruiting.

Ten major violations in 2002 alone for the Crimson Tide!!! They were one vote shy on the infractions committee of imposing the DEATH penalty on Alabama football!!!
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

SunCoastSooner wrote:

A lot of these schools' violations go waaaaay back. Obviously Alabama's and USC's recent problems haven't established them as ranking with the "all-time" cheats, but their probs are more prominent in peoples' minds right now.
Multiple major infractions in Textbook scandal just two years ago. Over $4,000 of fraud in 2009! A current probe into their recruiting.

Ten major violations in 2002 alone for the Crimson Tide!!! They were one vote shy on the infractions committee of imposing the DEATH penalty on Alabama football!!!
You didn't hear? USC was found guilty at failing to monitor Bama and the the ncaa has given the Trojans 3 more years of probation and are taking away 30 scholarships over 2 years for Bamas trangressions
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

SoCalTrjn wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:

You didn't hear? USC was found guilty at failing to monitor Bama and the the ncaa has given the Trojans 3 more years of probation and are taking away 30 scholarships over 2 years for Bamas trangressions
Sounds about right to me.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

I love how a thread about cheating had no discussion of USC until Toejam forces them in. :lol:
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:Paranoia.

'Jam had to know that that Petey's ways would catch up with the Trojans.

BTW, SCS, Bama's not being investigated for anything. The NCAA doesn't jump every time some low-life blogger (who works for a rival school) tries to smear a university. If anything, the odd switch of commitment after such a long time being tied to Bama has made things look suspicious for Auburn...not Bama.
I love how you ignored everything else...
SunCoastSooner wrote:

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:I know that. That was a fuckin' mess. Terrible times. Glad that's in the past.

You completely miss the point... must be going over your head. As far as total major violations in just a single decade Alabama accumulated more than seven of the teams on your list. As far as accumulative major infractions only SMU has committed more than Alabama. In just this decade alone Alabama has received 16 major violations related to it's football program. Ten in 2002 and six more in 2009. In all seven combined instances spanning over seventy years Oklahoma only accumulated 12, Florida State 13, Wichita State 9, Minnesota 8, Auburn 15, Texas A&M 13, and Memphis 7... Your list is a bona fide joke to try and sweep your bullshit under the rug. If any Program other than SMU has ever deserved the death penalty it has been Alabama as they have the second most total major infractions of all time in NCAA history.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:I know that. That was a fuckin' mess. Terrible times. Glad that's in the past.

You completely miss the point... must be going over your head. As far as total major violations in just a single decade Alabama accumulated more than seven of the teams on your list. As far as accumulative major infractions only SMU has committed more than Alabama. In just this decade alone Alabama has received 16 major violations related to it's football program. Ten in 2002 and six more in 2009. In all seven combined instances spanning over seventy years Oklahoma only accumulated 12, Florida State 13, Wichita State 9, Minnesota 8, Auburn 15, Texas A&M 13, and Memphis 7... Your list is a bona fide joke to try and sweep your bullshit under the rug. If any Program other than SMU has ever deserved the death penalty it has been Alabama as they have the second most total major infractions of all time in NCAA history.
I got the impression that the list is of the NUMBER OF TIMES the NCAA has hung the schools.
That is what the list is composed of and in just two instances of cheating Alabama was caught cheating more ways than all but three of the schools on the list; with the other times they have been caught it is more than every other program in the country except SMU.

Basically your argument is that even though you cheated in more ways because it was in fewer years you're less of a cheater or they are more of cheaters? :meds:

If man A kills 16 people but does so on just two different days he is less of a murderer than man B who killed 12 people but did so on seven different occasions is what your joke for an excuse sounds like to me. :lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Toejam, why must you continually use this forum as a depository for your pathetic vag drippings? A grown man is supposed to be able to take his lumps and move on. You must tire from wearing your tough guy disguise all day and need an outlet to "let it all out." God, but why us?

Nobody gives a rat-shit fuck about USC, or whether they're made an example of. The fact is, you root for an institution that is going to attract players with their hands out. If you don't like that, or the severity of the penalties imposed, then go root for BYU.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

Treat USC like the other schools are treated. If USC has 1 player caught breaking the rules and that player nets the team 30 lost scholarships, 2 year bowl ban, 13 wins vacated and a 3 year probation, each player busted at any other school should net that school the same punishment. In Ohio States case, where there are 4 players busted, the school deserves 120 lost scholarships, an 8 year bowl ban, 52 wins taken away from the school and a 12 year probation just from the players infractions. When there is smoking gun evidence of a coach knowing about it, the penalty should be double what a players penalty is. When a booster is busted for paying players, the penalty should be double what a player would get if its an agent paying the player. If those punishments per player are too steep, then USCs punishment needs to be reduced.
Pay for play is worse than pay to leave. In USCs case, the USC football program did not benefit, over any other school, from Lamar Griffen taking money from Michael Michaels to get Reggie Bush to leave USC early. Reggie was already at USC before his step dad took any benefits from Michaels and Michaels was not acting to benefit the school. When a booster pays a player to go to or to play for a school, that is working in the schools interest and is an advantage for that school over other schools.
Pointing out that the NCAA has tried to selectively make an example out of a school instead of setting a precedent for punishment and keeping that precedent every time another school is busted for something is valid.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

You've filleted your cock into a usable vagina, haven't you?