2011 Draft - first 20 slots

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: 2011 Draft - first 20 slots

Post by Shoalzie »

Wait...so they are picks after the top 3?

Mind = blown

Considering there aren't nearly as many holes on the Lions compared to year's past...it'll be nice for them to just go after the best available player. They still need help at a couple spots on the offensive line, the linebacking corps is thin and they need at least one new starter in the secondary. Those are guys that can be found in the middle-third of the first round. I was hoping for Peterson or Amukamara but maybe Janoris Jenkins is available as a corner. There appears to be more defensive talent for the middle of the first round...I'd love Akeem Ayers, Von Miller or Travis Lewis as possible OLB...Ayers or Miller might not fit in a 4-3. J.J. Watt or Robert Quinn would be more natural fits at the defensive end spot opposite of Vanden Bosch. I'd hope for another starter to come out of the 2nd round...maybe two defensive starters in the first two rounds or a defensive starter and a tackle.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Best team in the league and three picks in the top 33. The rich get richer....... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Neely8 wrote:Best team in the league and three picks in the top 33. The rich get richer....... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Come on, now. You know Belichick is going to trade the 18th pick for a 3rd/4th/2 6th's <-- In 2014. :?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Neely8 wrote:Best team in the league and three picks in the top 33. The rich get richer....... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Might be about time to start looking at a replacement QB.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Come on, now. You know Belichick is going to trade the 18th pick for a 3rd/4th/2 6th's <-- In 2014. :?
Yeah I know he is. For sure he is trading that 33 for someone elses first rounder next year. Its nice to dream though......
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote: Andrew Luck #1 to Carolina ?
A.J. Green to the Broncos?

If you're going to speculate about juniors declaring, you might at least try and sound informed.

Green isn't even close to the best junior WR in the SEC -- let alone D1.

Justin Blackmon is also eligible to declare, who is twice the player Green is.

But if I'm getting my speculation-about-juniors up in a twist, why not eye the big prize -- Julio Jones.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:Might be about time to start looking at a replacement QB.
I think it's a little early for that. If you get someone who "has a strong upside", they may not be willing to hold a clipboard for 3-4 years, which I think Brady has that many more solid years in him. If he goes down, fuck it. Hope you have a servicable backup. I'd say wait 2 years and then get a "project" QB that will not mind sitting and learning a couple more years. It's too early to Rodgers/Favre Brady.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I think getting a QB of the future isn't a bad idea for the Pats...same can go for the Colts with Manning. Brady is 33...not exactly a kid anymore. I doubt Brian Hoyer is expected to be their new Matt Cassel. Once some no-name DB rolls into his knee again...they'll need a guy to turn to so that season isn't a complete and total loss. There seems to be a great number of QB prospects in the earlier rounds and considering how many picks they'll have, they can take a flyer on guy that won't be a project but won't exactly be a guy that will threaten Brady for the #1 job. He just signed that extension...it wouldn't be like they're showing him the door.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote: A little knowledge is a dangerous thing

Which is what you appear to have.

You know all that mock-shit on the major media outlets is fuelled by agents, right?

You did know that, right?

And anyone who thinks Green is a better prospect than JJ or Blackmon is yanking peoples' chains to get someone a better lot in the draft.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

KC Scott wrote:A little knowledge is a dangerous thing and you've shown time and again to be the most dangerous poster on T1B
Dinsdale wrote:Which is what you appear to have.
So if you IKYABWAI? someone from KC, does it like cause someone to burst into flames on the other side of the world or something?
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Dinsdale wrote: You know all that mock-shit on the major media outlets is fuelled by agents, right?

You did know that, right?

So it was those motherfuckin' agents that duped Mr. Davis into taking DHB over Crabtree and Maclin?

cocksuckers.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I agree -- if you're projected at #1, take the $$$.

Even if you're projected in the top 10... ask Jake Locker about that. Not sure how he got his cred, since he's averaged about 1 decent game a season. At least Luck deserves a little hype.

Where we don't agree -- uhm, you think Luck might have actually spoken to Jimmy H about future plans? Think Luck wants to stay to break in a new coach at a "less-than-destination" school?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote:B. I think Luck has discussed the fact he's staying with Harbaugh

C. I don't think Luck staying another year will stop Harbaugh from taking the NFL $$$

OK, you are on to a full half of the logic.

Now see if you can finish it.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

KC Scott wrote:
Not sure who is advising him to stay, but the dude is walking away from 40-50 mil guaranteed as #1 pick - plus risking injury - plus risking a rookie salalry cap when he comes out in 2012
Rookie salary cap might go into effect in 2011. Not sure he's losing THAT much money.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Let's not forget the whole injury angle.

As of 1/6/11, his body can make him a whole boatload of cash.

Bust out that crystal ball and tell me for sure what it will be 1/7/12?

Dude's nuts. He can always go back to school. That degree isn't going to make a huge pile of dough in the next 5 years. Football sure will.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

IndyFrisco wrote: So if you IKYABWAI? someone from KC, does it like cause someone to burst into flames on the other side of the world or something?
:lol:

I swear to God I had not read this thread until just now.

Dins is having a really bad day.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

KC Scott wrote:
KC Scott wrote:Also Harbaugh will prolly be coaching the 49ers next season - if there is a season
SCORE!

Actually, I'd say it was a DOUBLESCORE!!!! ...
KC Scott wrote:Looks like Luck is a Dumbfuck