Washroom Attendants.....necessary?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mustang
Don Cherry

Washroom Attendants.....necessary?

Post by Mustang »

Was in Chicago this weekend and watched the NFL games at a large sports bar. More than a few beers consumed and the tank got full so I make the trip to the men's room. Sure enough, there was the old guy washroom "attendant" there with his array of colognes, gum, mints, rubbers, and whatever else. I get done washing my hands and he hands me a couple of paper towels he pulled from the dispenser on the wall. I said, "Thanks," dried the hands and off I went. This scenario repeated itself about 45 minutes later as the beer kept flowing. The third time, I could tell he was irritated because I didn't throw a buck into his tip can and had nothing but a dirty look for me. I just walked around him and grabbed my own towels.

But this shit bothers me. I'm supposed to flip a guy a buck for handing me a couple of paper towels??? WTF? Now if I get a stick of gum or some of his cologne, that's another story. Ditto with the chick that cuts my hair.....the skycap that checks my bags.....the waitress that gets my food......and the shoe shine guy. Those are legit services provided for me that I ask for and deserve something for the effort. But yanking a paper towels out of the rack? Sorry, old dude. Sure, I can afford a buck but not on principle. And I don't need the dirty looks. Get a better job, pal.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Re: Washroom Attendants.....necessary?

Post by Smackie Chan »

Hate that shit. They're in the Charlotte airport too. Useless job.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Hit the restroom at Kirby's steak house in Plano Texas some years back. Old black dude there hands me a nice high thread count towel..points out the after shave..and then opens the cigar box for me....not too bad..gave him 3 bucks
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Where else are SuC Toejam "graduates" supposed to find work?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Best.
Job.
EVER!

sin,
Irie.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Some places could use a washroom attendant. A lot of places have a check schedule on the door or somewhere and I guess a "staff assistant" or someone like that is supposed to pick up/clean up every hour or so. Yeah, good luck on that. If you ever had to clean a rest room used by a lot of people you will know how quickly things could get out of hand. One sick drunk puking in your bar's men's room is always a real pain. In the summer of 1973, two other guys and I ran a drive-in theater. I was mainly Mr.Ticket guy and snack bar helper. Halfway through the summer the guy we had doing clean up during the day quit and the job fell to me as I wasn't working during the day. The worst was hands down, the women's rest room. I fully expected to find an abortion there during a clean up.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

I always found it laughable that they have these guys at strip clubs. I mean, are there really morons out there thinking, "Hmmmm.....maybe if I splash on a little bit of old dude's cologne, Sindee will think I'm sexy.....maybe she'll go home with me...."??? Oh, brother. Yeah, I guess if they can scrape $100 beans or so a day and stay off welfare, then that's something. But it just seems kind of stupid. I'm with Sam. I don't need help with the soap and towels.
pron
Elwood

Post by pron »

Mustang wrote:I always found it laughable that they have these guys at strip clubs.
They're in the strip club bathrooms to keep guys from jerking in there.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

pron wrote:
Mustang wrote:I always found it laughable that they have these guys at strip clubs.
They're in the strip club bathrooms to keep guys from jerking in there.
They could just hire Screwball to clean up the mess.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mustang,

I was a bit drunk one time in college at a bar in Houston. One of my buds came back from the pisser saying how the attendant in the bathroom was a dick when he didn't tip him. I went up to the bar and asked for the manager. I got a job application from the manager and headed to the pisser. After I allowed him to put soap on my hands and give me a paper towel, I dropped that application in his tip jar.

Anyone who says "at least he's not begging on the street" makes me laugh. Bathroom begger is worse than bum on street. If I want to take a shit, I'd rather not have bathroom begger sitting there whistling dixie while I'm cutting a turd. Then again, maybe that's a good opportunity to melt some chocolate on your hand, come out of the shitter and make him "earn" that buck. :lol:
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...