I'll tell you your future - for FREE!!

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: I'll tell you your future - for FREE!!

Post by poptart »

I don't think there was anywhere near several million species aboard the Ark and I don't think many animals needed to "traverse the oceans" to get there.
The land mass formation on earth may have been much different than what we see today.

Bri, as it stands right now, there is nothing I could possible say about the Noah's Ark event that would have you believe it, right?
I don't know why you want to pursue it.

I didn't bring it up and I surely would not have any reason to start a thread about Noah's Ark.
It doesn't matter to me AT ALL if you believe it or not.

But what does matter to me is that you LIVE.
And God has brought His Word into this forum for YOU to hear, on many different occassions.

There is a finite number of times that opportunity will be present for you.
Such is our life.

Matthew 9:35,36
And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:I don't think there was anywhere near several million species aboard the Ark and I don't think many animals needed to "traverse the oceans" to get there. The land mass formation on earth may have been much different than what we see today.
Pangaea broke up 150 million years ago. What existed 5000 years ago was not substantially different in terms of geography or biodiversity than what exists today.
Bri, as it stands right now, there is nothing I could possible say about the Noah's Ark event that would have you believe it, right? I don't know why you want to pursue it.
I enjoy watching you make shit up to justify the validity of fairy tales.
I didn't bring it up and I surely would not have any reason to start a thread about Noah's Ark. It doesn't matter to me AT ALL if you believe it or not. But what does matter to me is that you LIVE. And God has brought His Word into this forum for YOU to hear, on many different occassions. There is a finite number of times that opportunity will be present for you. Such is our life.
The ark was just another example of the kind of insane, not to be believed stories one finds in the bible. I wouldn't expect any sane person to defend it. I would expect a sane person to either argue that the bible is an allegorical representation of events that may well have happened in an entirely different way than described in the bible or to argue that the bible is a fraudulent document conceived by men who used their priestly power to exert control over others.
Matthew 9:35,36And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.
And yet not one Roman even mentioned all this miracle working. Even though Jesus was a one man MASH unit.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

As noted, we've got two independent direct eye-witness Gospel accounts which report on MANY of the same facts - and do not contradict each other.
This in a time from which we find scant few manuscripts of any kind.
If we had a Roman account, don't lie, you'd go HARD after discrediting that, also.

I would expect a sane person to either argue that the bible is an allegorical representation of events that may well have happened in an entirely different way than described in the bible
Oh, there are many ?millions? of Christians who DO think Noah's Flood (and maybe other events) was allegorical.

They can think that, and that's why I said it's not important, because believing in Noah's Ark is not a standard for salvation.

Man, who is bound under the authority of satan, will find no freedom from believing in Noah's Ark.
God promised and delivered the Christ, who is Jesus, who breaks the authority of satan when a person simply believes and receives that truth.
It's the only thing that works.
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

BSmack wrote:Awww Christy. Does logic make your wittle head hurt?
Wow, Brian. Seriously? Why do you feel belittlement is necessary?

I find it more than a little entertaining that you think you've outsmarted everyone who believes in God and the Bible. I also think it's interesting that you get some level of satisfaction for "smacking" (success questionable) someone for what they believe. Given your bleeding-heart tendencies, I wonder why you'd even bother attempting to bash the beliefs of another, whether or not they agree with yours.

It's weird, but it's not surprising. I'll check back in a few days to see if you've again degraded instantly into condescension.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharoah that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

so i get the impression you're getting off on this sort of wanton murder of innocents.....and why did god hate animals so much? he was always having people sacrifice them to him, causing demons to go into a herd of pigs which he drove off a cliff...

seriously that dude is an asshole
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:As noted, we've got two independent direct eye-witness Gospel accounts which report on MANY of the same facts - and do not contradict each other. This in a time from which we find scant few manuscripts of any kind.
If we had a Roman account, don't lie, you'd go HARD after discrediting that, also.
If there was an independent account that corroborated the new testament, I would have the decency to admit I was mistaken. Something you are terminally unable to do.

Oh, there are many ?millions? of Christians who DO think Noah's Flood (and maybe other events) was allegorical. They can think that, and that's why I said it's not important, because believing in Noah's Ark is not a standard for salvation. Man, who is bound under the authority of satan, will find no freedom from believing in Noah's Ark. God promised and delivered the Christ, who is Jesus, who breaks the authority of satan when a person simply believes and receives that truth. It's the only thing that works.
Well that or a Sham Wow. It's made by Germans you know.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ppanther wrote:
Wow, Brian. Seriously? Why do you feel belittlement is necessary?
Gee maybe because Poptart and understanding science are like ppanther and the San Fancisco Giants? He suggested that men lived longer because of atmospheric conditions that, if actually present, would have turned the surface of earth into a boiling cauldron the likes of which is normally seen on the surface of Venus.

A real rocket scientist there eh.
I find it more than a little entertaining that you think you've outsmarted everyone who believes in God and the Bible.
Nope, just the ones posting in this thread.
I also think it's interesting that you get some level of satisfaction for "smacking" (success questionable) someone for what they believe. Given your bleeding-heart tendencies, I wonder why you'd even bother attempting to bash the beliefs of another, whether or not they agree with yours.

It's weird, but it's not surprising. I'll check back in a few days to see if you've again degraded instantly into condescension.
I hardly consider it to be condescension. It's more akin to outright disdain.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix, short answer (could be a REALLY long one) to your question.

God saved the people of Israel, whom Pharaoh had enslaved and murdered by a ratio of perhaps 40-1 compared to what God snuffed out ("firstborn males" killed).
God gave Pharaoh 10 chances to come correct and let the people of Israel go.
You can blame Pharaoh for the hurt and death to the people he was leading.
And that is how it's been throughout history - people suffering and dying due to actions of a nation's leadership.

Killing of the Egyptian animals was, imo, done for the sake of destroying their economy, which was dependent on those animals.

Side note, Felix, since you've often said such things as "That God guy is an asshole."
You may consider that God's not operating as you imagine He ought to, does not necessarily mean that He does not exist.
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

BSmack wrote:Gee maybe because Poptart and understanding science are like ppanther and the San Fancisco Giants? He suggested that men lived longer because of atmospheric conditions that, if actually present, would have turned the surface of earth into a boiling cauldron the likes of which is normally seen on the surface of Venus.

A real rocket scientist there eh.
Oh. Nope, sorry, that doesn't explain why you'd post something like this:
BSmack wrote:
I find it more than a little entertaining that you think you've outsmarted everyone who believes in God and the Bible.
Nope, just the ones posting in this thread.
Since this is about believing one thing vs. another thing (sort of), I think it's silly of you to think you've "outsmarted" anyone, anywhere, ever. But that's just my opinion.
BSmack wrote:I hardly consider it to be condescension. It's more akin to outright disdain.
This quote ^^ is incredibly condescending.

I'm sorry that you harbor "disdain" for people who believe in ways you don't; I still don't think such "disdain" fits with your bleeding-heart image. I guess your heart bleeds only when it's politically correct for it to do so?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ppanther wrote:Since this is about believing one thing vs. another thing (sort of), I think it's silly of you to think you've "outsmarted" anyone, anywhere, ever. But that's just my opinion.
This is not about "believing one thing vs. another thing". It is about the ability to reason vs the desire to maintain a belief system that is not supported by reality.
Too fucking bad.
I'm sorry that you harbor "disdain" for people who believe in ways you don't; I still don't think such "disdain" fits with your bleeding-heart image. I guess your heart bleeds only when it's politically correct for it to do so?
Whatever "image" you have of me is in need of serious reevaluation. My disdain is for your inability to comprehend that the bible is not even remotely accurate in its storytelling, not for you as a human being. You know, hate the sin, love the sinner? :P

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

BSmack wrote:the ability to reason vs the desire to maintain a belief system that is not supported by reality.
Oh Brian, give me a break.
BSmack wrote:
Too fucking bad.
So then, that's how you're playing? If someone calls you tedious (because frankly, your act in this thread has been all that and more), you immediately play the condescension card? It's pitifully defensive, but like I said before, not that surprising.
BSmack wrote:My disdain is for your inability to comprehend that the bible is not even remotely accurate in its storytelling
And I repeat... Oh Brian, give me a break.

I'm really just perplexed about why you want to be bothered to the point of disdain by people with whom you clearly disagree. What's the payoff? I sure hope it's not so you can thump your chest about how you bored someone into a coma on a thread on an internet message board?

In any case, your scorn seems misdirected, intolerant, and more than a little weird. Why do you feel the need to harbor such contempt?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

I can't help but note that ppanther has yet to offer a defense for any of this irrationality. She seems much more comfortable attacking the messenger rather than the message.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

BSmack wrote:I can't help but note that ppanther has yet to offer a defense for any of this irrationality. She seems much more comfortable attacking the messenger rather than the message.
What a strange response.

I have nothing to defend to you, Brian. I'm not the one behaving contemptuously.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

It's a smack board pp. Fucking deal with it.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

BSmack wrote:It's a smack board pp. Fucking deal with it.
Oh good grief, Brian... it hasn't been a "smack board" for about 10 years now.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Disdain is a little strong, when you consider that I impose nothing at all on Bri.
But it's not that surprising, either.

John 15:8
If the world hate you, ye know that it hated
me before it hated you.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's
sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ppanther wrote:
BSmack wrote:It's a smack board pp. Fucking deal with it.
Oh good grief, Brian... it hasn't been a "smack board" for about 10 years now.
You haven't been here in 10 years. What the hell would you know?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

Well Brian, to be honest, I think it's a little weird that grown-ups even enjoy "smacking" people they have known (even if just over the internet) for 10ish years. I wonder why it's acceptable, commendable, or even something anyone would desire to do. Argue? Sure. Debate? Of course! Smack? Um... whatever floats your boat. Smack someone for their personal beliefs? Grow up.

But clearly you disagree with my position on the subject, and that brings me back to my first post in this thread. Your concept of "smack" is incredibly tedious. If that's your goal, way to go!
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You don't get it. We get that. Get back to making dinner.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

Screw_Michigan wrote:You don't get it. We get that. Get back to making dinner.
I get it. I just think it's strange. So be it.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ppanther wrote:Well Brian, to be honest, I think it's a little weird that grown-ups even enjoy "smacking" people they have known (even if just over the internet) for 10ish years. I wonder why it's acceptable, commendable, or even something anyone would desire to do. Argue? Sure. Debate? Of course! Smack? Um... whatever floats your boat. Smack someone for their personal beliefs? Grow up.
That's been the whole purpose of these boards since you and I were posting on Smack Chat I. There's a reason you don't see a lot of women around here and its not just because these forums have concentrated on sports talk above all else.
But clearly you disagree with my position on the subject, and that brings me back to my first post in this thread. Your concept of "smack" is incredibly tedious. If that's your goal, way to go!
If you agree with the bilge Poptart is spewing then yes, I disagree with you. I also think that anybody who agrees with a literal interpretation of the bible is a few French Fries short of a Happy Meal. Seriously, put that UC Long Beach degree to work and start thinking.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

BSmack wrote:There's a reason you don't see a lot of women around here and its not just because these forums have concentrated on sports talk
I certainly hope you aren't under the impression that women would find this behavior intimidating. Silly? Yes. Scary? No.
BSmack wrote:Seriously, put that UC Long Beach degree to work and start thinking.
Give me a break. I love it when people like you think you've cornered the market on thinking; it's so deliciously misguided. Your position is not one of intellectual superiority, it's one of utter narrow-mindedness. You are not better at thinking, you've merely drawn a different conclusion. That's fine, you're more than welcome to draw that conclusion. No one is trying to stop you. But it's more than a little strange that you harbor contempt for people who think, and then disagree with you. Why on earth would it bother you so much? Your droning, chest-thumping display is not "smack," it is outright hostility.

Get over yourself.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ppanther wrote:I certainly hope you aren't under the impression that women would find this behavior intimidating. Silly? Yes. Scary? No.
I did not say that women were scared of smack. Just that for the most part women don't enjoy it.
BSmack wrote:Give me a break. I love it when people like you think you've cornered the market on thinking; it's so deliciously misguided. Your position is not one of intellectual superiority, it's one of utter narrow-mindedness.
It is not narrow minded to recognize that the bible is full of glaring inaccuracies, falsehoods and outright lies. It is a matter of common sense.
You are not better at thinking, you've merely drawn a different conclusion.
Drawing a different conclusion is OK when you're talking about whether or not you like Lit or Blink 182. Not so much when you are talking about the fairy tales in the bible.
That's fine, you're more than welcome to draw that conclusion. No one is trying to stop you. But it's more than a little strange that you harbor contempt for people who think, and then disagree with you. Why on earth would it bother you so much? Your droning, chest-thumping display is not "smack," it is outright hostility.
How many times do I have to say that my contempt is for your poor logic, not you as a human?
Get over yourself.
Piss off.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

You are seriously boring me.

I'm wondering now, why you're trying to hard to anti-evangelize?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

BSmack wrote:I also think that anybody who agrees with a literal interpretation of the bible is a few French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
Christianity's validity hinges on Jesus having literally risen from the dead.

I'm curious, is that something that you think you can never believe?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ppanther wrote:You are seriously boring me.

I'm wondering now, why you're trying to hard to anti-evangelize?
And I'm beginning to wonder when the fuck you are going to make a cogent point. All you can do is attack me. You have nothing to say about my arguments.

As for your question, I have time to kill and just feel like pointing out how stupid blind faith is.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:
BSmack wrote:I also think that anybody who agrees with a literal interpretation of the bible is a few French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
Christianity's validity hinges on Jesus having literally risen from the dead.

I'm curious, is that something that you think you can never believe?
Based on the evidence at hand, I cannot believe it. You are of course free to find some non biblical corroboration for that fairy tale. I won't hold my breath.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Ok, you could believe it - if evidence indicated to you that it is true.
And this is good.
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

BSmack wrote:And I'm beginning to wonder when the fuck you are going to make a cogent point. All you can do is attack me. You have nothing to say about my arguments.
Oh, poor BSmack is being attacked. The horror!

I've stated, quite cogently in fact, that I think it's weird that you harbor contempt for the beliefs of those who don't agree with you. I have no need to respond to your arguments, because you're not actually looking for answers to them.
As for your question, I have time to kill and just feel like pointing out how stupid blind faith is.
How much of what you believe has been discovered or revealed by you personally?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ppanther wrote:I've stated, quite cogently in fact, that I think it's weird that you harbor contempt for the beliefs of those who don't agree with you. I have no need to respond to your arguments, because you're not actually looking for answers to them.
So now you're psychic as well a nattering nutjob? Good combo.
How much of what you believe has been discovered or revealed by you personally?
Exactly all of it.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

BSmack wrote:Exactly all of it.
Delusions of grandeur much? Ridiculous.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ppanther wrote:
BSmack wrote:Exactly all of it.
Delusions of grandeur much? Ridiculous.
No, it's self evident. Nobody can discover an idea for you. There are facilitators for sure, but the actual "ah ha" moment is a personal experience.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

BSmack wrote:No, it's self evident. Nobody can discover an idea for you. There are facilitators for sure, but the actual "ah ha" moment is a personal experience.
You have either had an amazing amount of personal experience, or your worldview is remarkably small. Either way, your baseless arrogance is mind-blowing and is probably what led you to misunderstand my question in the first place.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

:lol: :lol:

BSmack in the same thread and on the same page saying it's a smack board to "fucking deal with it" and then crying about being attacked.

Awesome stuff.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Tom In VA wrote::lol: :lol:

BSmack in the same thread and on the same page saying it's a smack board to "fucking deal with it" and then crying about being attacked. Awesome stuff.
I'm not upset in the least about ppanther's posts. I just don't understand what the fuck happened to her. She used to be able to argue a position with skill and now she's reduced to nothing but ad hominems and incoherent bleats about metaphysical concepts that are clearly beyond her understanding.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

We've all changed. Physics dude, expanding, changing, always in motion.

It's Science.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

BSmack wrote:I'm not upset in the least about ppanther's posts. I just don't understand what the fuck happened to her. She used to be able to argue a position with skill and now she's reduced to nothing but ad hominems and incoherent bleats about metaphysical concepts that are clearly beyond her understanding.
Holy smokes. This post is just dripping with Smack Chat. <sarcasm>RACK IT!</sarcasm>

Let's recap, shall we?
  1. You were trying to bore poptart to sleep with quotes and hostility.
  2. I noted that you were oddly hostile toward those who disagree with you, particularly since you've always seemed (in the past, anyway) to be liberal and compassionate. I was clearly wrong, at least about the latter observation, as you're obviously just an ass with a serious ego problem.
  3. You used some Smack Chat jargon and made some sexist comment and thumped your chest a few times.
  4. I nearly fell asleep.
  5. You said you had a problem with Blind Faith (though you probably Smack-Chatted that comment up, too...).
  6. I asked if you personally discovered everything you believe.
  7. You said YES. You might have even fistpumped.
  8. I laughed.
  9. Now you're trying to convince someone else that I am talking (sorry, "bleating incoherently") about metaphysical concepts that are clearly beyond my understanding.
What did I miss?
I am suddenly very amused.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ppanther wrote:Holy smokes. This post is just dripping with Smack Chat. <sarcasm>RACK IT!</sarcasm>

Let's recap, shall we?
  1. You were trying to bore poptart to sleep with quotes and hostility.
  2. I noted that you were oddly hostile toward those who disagree with you, particularly since you've always seemed (in the past, anyway) to be liberal and compassionate. I was clearly wrong, at least about the latter observation, as you're obviously just an ass with a serious ego problem.
  3. You used some Smack Chat jargon and made some sexist comment and thumped your chest a few times.
  4. I nearly fell asleep.
  5. You said you had a problem with Blind Faith (though you probably Smack-Chatted that comment up, too...).
  6. I asked if you personally discovered everything you believe.
  7. You said YES. You might have even fistpumped.
  8. I laughed.
  9. Now you're trying to convince someone else that I am talking (sorry, "bleating incoherently") about metaphysical concepts that are clearly beyond my understanding.
What did I miss?
I am suddenly very amused.
Let me explain this to you as plainly as possible.

EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER BELIEVED YOU HAVE DISCOVERED ON YOUR OWN.

Is it starting to sink in yet?

Now, there might well have been a person or persons serving as facilitators who allowed you access to that knowledge. But you have to take that last step. It's basic mataphysics and you obviously don't get it.

[fist pump]

OUT!

PS: Was that Smack Chatty enough?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

ppanther wrote:You said you had a problem with Blind Faith

Dude clearly needs to come down off his throne.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Dinsdale wrote:
ppanther wrote:You said you had a problem with Blind Faith

Dude clearly needs to come down off his throne.

Do What You Like, that's what I always say.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.