CBS News Poll - Grade Obama

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Stanley Pickkkle

Re: CBS News Poll - Grade Obama

Post by Stanley Pickkkle »

Rack me for finding this CBS poll and exposing the true feelings of the American People!

Oh yeah...and rack mvscal for smacking the fukkk out of all you onogger lovers!
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Drill baby drill
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

trev wrote:Drill baby drill
in
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BarFlie wrote:
in

you idiots do know that if they started drilling tomorrow, you wouldn't see any of that oil for at least 10 years right? right?
get out, get out while there's still time
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Felix wrote:
BarFlie wrote:
in

you idiots do know that if they started drilling tomorrow, you wouldn't see any of that oil for at least 10 years right? right?
So you would agree that this is an empty gesture...okay.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:
BarFlie wrote:
in
I don't think BarFlie was talking about drilling for oil.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I think he did the right thing.

10 years ? So what. It's for the children.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Wall Street Journal nails it - head fake
Congress's ban on offshore drilling expired in September 2008, and a Bush Administration plan for leasing the energy-rich Outer Continental Shelf was due to begin this year. Yet within a month of taking office, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar halted leasing by extending the public comment period by six months. When that period ended last September, Interior said it would take "several weeks" to analyze the results. It has yet to release a summary.

Newt Gingrich's American Solutions group used the Freedom of Information Act to obtain Interior emails suggesting that the public comments ran 2-to-1 in favor of drilling. Instead of acknowledging this, Mr. Salazar last week informed Congress he was scrapping the Bush plan and that leasing will not begin for at least another two years.

The Administration failed to meet a deadline last month for submitting a court-ordered analysis of the environmental impact of new leases off the Alaskan coast. And in January, Mr. Salazar rebuffed Virginia's request—endorsed by its governor and legislature—to allow drilling offshore. Sensing a pattern?

Onshore, meanwhile, Interior canceled oil and gas leases on 77 parcels of federal land in Utah (a handful have since been reinstated). Mr. Salazar also yanked eight parcels from a lease sale in Wyoming. Several weeks ago a leaked Interior Department memo disclosed plans to have Mr. Obama use executive power—under the Antiquities Act—to designate 10 million acres of western land as "monuments," putting them off-limits to energy development as well as current timber or mining work.
Just like he bought off Nelson, Landrieu, Kaiser Permnanente, the unions, then Stupak, Obama is posturing for the sure-to-come economy-killing energy taxes.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:you idiots do know that if they started drilling tomorrow, you wouldn't see any of that oil for at least 10 years right? right?
Even if that wasn't total bullshit, what the fuck is your point?
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

his point is that in 10 years we'll have solar powered everything and it won't matter. that is of course, if we don't all fukking burst into flames because you didn't buy enough carbon credits.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote: Even if that wasn't total bullshit, what the fuck is your point?
maybe you could explain how they could bring oil from off-shore drilling sites to the market in less than 10-years.....

first thing is to award the contracts....the bidding process and award of the contracts will probably take about 2 years.....then off course you need to understand the complexities of obtaining enviornmental clearances to drill off-shore...that in and of itself, would take at minimum five years....so, you're already at seven years before you ever float an oil rig into place...

the point is that some people seem to be under the illusion that opening off-shore oil drilling is going to the answer to all of this countries energy problems, which of course is seriously misguided
smackaholic wrote:his point is that in 10 years we'll have solar powered everything and it won't matter. that is of course, if we don't all fukking burst into flames because you didn't buy enough carbon credits.
screeching nonsense again?

over consumption is our biggest problem
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Why don't we just do like BO suggested and just air up our tires properly? According to his campaign rhetoric, we don't have much oil anyway.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Sirfindafold wrote:Why don't we just do like BO suggested and just air up our tires properly? According to his campaign rhetoric, we don't have much oil anyway.
so you seem to be arguing for some sort of right to use up every fucking resource at our disposal, and let the generations that follow have to worry about the consequences? conservatives are crying about "leaving our children with huge fucking debts" as a result of Obama's policies, but they have no qualms about completely depleting every fucking natural resource on the planet...and then laugh when somebody suggests ways to conserve said resources

just how fucking selfish are you
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:the point is that some people seem to be under the illusion that opening off-shore oil drilling is going to the answer to all of this countries energy problems, which of course is seriously misguided
I guess we should sit around wringing our hands instead, right? That'll develop our resources in no time flat.

Go fuck yourself, asshole.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Stanley Pickkkle

Post by Stanley Pickkkle »

The reason it takes ten fukkken years to get the oil is because of cokkk sukkking environmental lawyers that file lawsuit after lawsuit after appeal after appeal.

Aside from 88...I think it's high time to start removing lawyers from society. And by "remove" I think you know what I mean.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

88 wrote:
And as far as the concept of selfish goes, isn't it far more selfish for current industrialized nations to adopt energy policies that thwart the development of the third world (by choking off their access to inexpensive energy resources), thereby causing billions of people worldwide to suffer needlessly and continue to live in abject poverty?

WTF are you babbling about here? Most of those "inexpensive energy resources" are in the "third world". They are the ones suppling the industrialized nations. So, which policies are you referring to that choke off this access?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

88 wrote:
You are completely off the rails with this argument. Until 1900, petroleum wasn't regarded as a valuable resource. The invention of the internal combustion engine made it valuable. The same is true for uranium. Until the 1950's, it was largely worthless. The known coal deposits in the United States could fuel our country's petrochemical needs for 500 years, alone.
hey, come up with a way to process it without choking out the population and I'm all for it...but the coal companies fight clean coal technology kicking and screaming, because it cuts into their profits
Do you suppose that during that time, man might come to discover a viable alternative means by which to fuel its industry?
possibly, but once again your placing the burden on future generations.....what if they can't?
Or more efficient ways in which to utilize the resources that are available? Or discover more of them? 500 years is a long, long time. And many changes can occur. Ask Christopher Columbus the next time you see him if you don't believe me.
then why laugh at Obama's suggestion to inflate your tires properly...it's a viable (albeit small) way to decrease use of resources, the longest trip begins with the first step....but conservatives laugh at it...personally, I don't get the joke-maybe you could enlighten me
And as far as the concept of selfish goes, isn't it far more selfish for current industrialized nations to adopt energy policies that thwart the development of the third world (by choking off their access to inexpensive energy resources), thereby causing billions of people worldwide to suffer needlessly and continue to live in abject poverty?
nice tug at the heart strings...exactly what "third world" countries are being thwarted via choking off their access to inexpensive energy and exactly which policies are you referring to?
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

He gets all "F's" from me. He has surpassed Carter on the suckitudability scale as a president.

He has only done one noteworthy thing that I can say good job and even I am still skeptical about it.....

...giving the okay to allow us to kill some pirates.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Arch Angel wrote:He gets all "F's" from me. He has surpassed Carter on the suckitudability scale as a president.

He has only done one noteworthy thing that I can say good job and even I am still skeptical about it.....

...giving the okay to allow us to kill some pirates.
racist bastard.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Felix wrote:over consumption is our biggest problem
Lead the way dude. Stop consuming.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Tom In VA wrote:
Who's to say he isn't? I know my consumption levels have gone down markedly the last 24 months. I hardly even drink anymore.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Tom In VA wrote:

I've reduced virtually every form of power (electric, fossil fuel, etc) consumption considerably in the last 2 years
small part, but the ancillary benefits are truly fucking amazing

right now, I'm powering my computer with one of the windup gadgets
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Felix wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:

I've reduced virtually every form of power (electric, fossil fuel, etc) consumption considerably in the last 2 years
small part, but the ancillary benefits are truly fucking amazing

right now, I'm powering my computer with one of the windup gadgets
You nothing more than a virus. A parasite sucking the planet dry to fuel your own selfish lifestyle.

Save the Planet. Blow your fucking head off!!
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Why is anyone accepting Felix's outrageous assertion that Republicans are or are proposing total depletion of every natural resource?

Just like that liar Obama re: health care, Felix is claiming that Republicans have no proposals relating to energy...
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

ignore, accept, whatever...
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

JMak wrote:Why is anyone accepting Felix's outrageous assertion ...
Felix is very confused.

It's hardly a new revelation.

Barry gets an F.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

BSmack wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:
Who's to say he isn't? I know my consumption levels have gone down markedly the last 24 months. I hardly even drink anymore.
Is that not because you were or are basically unemployed ?
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

The Democrats have figured out the best way to control carbon emissions - destroy the economy. Economies that produce very little don't have to worry about polluting the air, water, etc. So impose massive new entitlement programs on top of bankrupt entitlement programs, impose massive new energy taxes, etc.

Why do you think they insist on citing Spain as a great example of a green energy revolution? It ain't because Spain's experience was a success...
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Who exactly, besides you of course, is insisting on citing Spain as a great example?
Rooster
Eternal Scobode

Post by Rooster »

From the enviromental impact surveys to the actual building of infrastructure, the time needed to draw oil off the coast of Virginia will be well over 15 years. And this doesn't include enviros throwing every roadblocking legal measure in beside. We'll be lucky to see any benefit from this in our lifetime.
Cock o' the walk, baby!
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

88 wrote:No economy has ever borrowed and spent its way to prosperity.
You do know that's exactly what Reagan did, right?
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

As Barry's presidency continues to implode, we have a growing number of lefty numbnuts going to the tactic of trying to sell that he's just doing the same thing that Reagan did.

On many different levels, it's a laffable load of horseshit that nobody in their right mind believes.

Further evidence that liberalism is a mental disorder.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:As Barry's presidency continues to implode, we have a growing number of lefty numbnuts going to the tactic of trying to sell that he's just doing the same thing that Reagan did.

On many different levels, it's a laffable load of horseshit that nobody in their right mind believes.

Further evidence that liberalism is a mental disorder.
Kinda like your own personal "laffer curve"?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll be here all week.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

From the files of Shit You Just Can't Make Up.

President Barack Obama says he did a full court press for a health
care system remake because "this country was going to go bankrupt."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Obama-US- ... et=&ccode=

Slurp away, Foolix.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

JMak wrote:Why is anyone accepting Felix's outrageous assertion that Republicans are or are proposing total depletion of every natural resource?
look everybody is guilty of depleting resources, it's only the conservatives that laugh at the idea of actually doing something about it
poptart wrote:From the files of Shit You Just Can't Make Up.

Slurp away, Foolix.
when a country spends .20 of every 1.00 on a particular product, it doesn't take a fucking genius to figure out those kinds of expenditures are simply unsustainable...
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

poptart wrote:From the files of Shit You Just Can't Make Up.

Slurp away, Foolix.
Pretty much the same thing you predicted would happen by the end of this month.

So how's that going for you?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

You're making shit up.
Not surprising.

I predicted this in July '09...
poptart wrote:As the realization that the economy is not coming back anytime soon REALLY sets in, the Sheeple won't sit still.
Early next year it comes to a head.

It's gonna be a LONG 2 to 3 years for B.O. ... IF he finishes out his term.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=32052&p=604619&hili ... ar#p604619

I'll be MORE than happy to take a look at where we stand on April 30th.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Foolix wrote:when a country spends .20 of every 1.00 on a particular product, it doesn't take a fucking genius to figure out those kinds of expenditures are simply unsustainable...
Barry's every solution for debt is ... to take on MORE debt.

You're a fuckin' moron, right?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:
Barry's every solution for debt is ... to take on MORE debt.
so lets hear your solution hoss you complain a lot but haven't offered anything in the way of a solution...

I know, cut taxes right? that seems to be the universal answer to every ill, cut taxes

ever wonder why NOBODY ever talks about the success of the bush tax cuts?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

The Bush tax cuts were a joke - for two reasons.

1. They were paltry.

2. He didn't cut spending and in fact dramatically increased spending.

To nurse the economy to life you need to do a few simple things.

Significantly cut taxes on both individuals and businesses.
Significantly cut spending.
Foster an enviornment where we can produce and export a lot more than we currently do.

Give the people their freedom.

Success.