Petty Republican politics

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Petty Republican politics

Post by Goober McTuber »

Washington (CNN) -- A Republican-led effort to block President Obama's nominations for top federal jobs led to the 15 recess appointments announced by the White House, Obama's senior adviser said in an interview broadcast Sunday.

"The Republican Party has taken a position where they're going to try and slow and block progress on all fronts, whether it's legislation or appointments," David Axelrod told the CNN program "State of the Union."

Axelrod noted that the previous administration had fewer appointees awaiting Senate confirmation at the same point after taking power.

"We have 77 appointees who have not gotten the [Senate] vote because they have been held up by the Republican Party," Axelrod said. "Some of them are in very sensitive positions -- Treasury, Homeland Security, and boards like the Labor Relations Board ... where there are a huge number of vacancies."

In a statement announcing the recess appointments, Obama said he needed to act because Republicans were refusing to exercise their legislative responsibility in the interest of scoring political points.

"Most of the men and women whose appointments I am announcing today were approved by Senate committees months ago, yet still await a vote of the Senate," Obama said in the statement issued Saturday. "At a time of economic emergency, two top appointees to the Department of Treasury have been held up for nearly six months. I simply cannot allow partisan politics to stand in the way of the basic functioning of government."
http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/03/28/ ... tml?hpt=T2
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Petty Republican politics

Post by smackaholic »

I was under the impression the dems were running the senate these days. Maybe I'm wrong. If there is anyone responsible for nominees coming to a vote, I would think it's dipshit reid. But then again he fukks everything else up, why should this be different.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Smackaholic nails it! Not sure why Republicans are being blamed here. Besides, recall when Democrats were condemning Bush for recess appointments...and signing statements, exec orders, Gitmo, wiretapping, rendition? All cool and the gang now with Obama in charge.

Petty politics, though? I thought considering using deem and pass was petty...
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Goober McTuber wrote:In a statement announcing the recess appointments, Obama said he needed to act because Republicans were refusing to exercise their legislative responsibility in the interest of scoring political points.
Tough shit, n...igger. Change your diaper.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:In a statement announcing the recess appointments, Obama said he needed to act because Republicans were refusing to exercise their legislative responsibility in the interest of scoring political points.
Seems to me he was whining at all. Just explaining his actions. Jeez. Take a Valium or three.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:

Maybe you need to change yours. What he did was completely within the rules, and the same prerogative was used by his predecessor.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Ironic that when Dubya exercised that same perogative that he was condemned.

Obama maintains rendition, wiretapping, Gitmo, and enhanced use of Predator drones despite his conviction for due process...and you guys say nothing despite years spent condemning Dubya.

One of the recess appointments, to the NLRB, involved Scott Becker. A successful filibuster to this radical's nomination was only sustained with Democrats also filibustering the nomination. And for good reason...he's a fool that believes must choose between unions, not between a union or no union and that employers be barred from representation hearings where the outcomes affect an employer's duty to negotiate.

Again, not sure why Obama is whining about GOP obstructionism. He has a large majority to overcome filibusters...
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Criag Becker, sorry. Not Scott Becker.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

JMak wrote:Criag Becker, sorry. Not Scott Becker.
I don't care if it was Mike Backer and he stole all your hotpockets. You're still a gibbering fucktard.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

A little red-assed still after the weekend spanking I gave you? Maybe a little sore after seeing that temporary rise in the polls for Obamacare disappear?

Buh-bye, bitch!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

JMak wrote:A little red-assed still after the weekend spanking I gave you? ....
Buh-bye, bitch!
You sure know how to create a vivid image.

Is this how you like to spend your weekends? Maybe you should have been a priest.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Gee, someone (Shit Party #2, specifically) had a problem with appointing a AFL/CIO honk to be the link between unions and Big Brother?

First, the position is completely, unarguably unconstitutional to begin with.

Additionally, OneBigAssMistakeAmerica just appointed a fox to guard the henhouse.

Anyone who doesn't have a problem with what dipshit did needs their fucking head examined. This guy and his minions aren't going to stop until they've declared martial law and seized all of your assets... things are getting out of control at a pretty alarming rate.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Dinsdale wrote:... things are getting out of control at a pretty alarming rate.
One can hope.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mikey wrote:
JMak wrote:A little red-assed still after the weekend spanking I gave you? ....
Buh-bye, bitch!
You sure know how to create a vivid image.

Is this how you like to spend your weekends? Maybe you should have been a priest.
Or at the very least an ACC fan.

sin

:friday:

It figures a Mike Backer hotpocket reference would go over JMac's head.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

JMak wrote:A little red-assed still after the weekend spanking I gave you?
Wait a minute! I know who this troll is!

It is none other than Michael Steele!
Once on the ground, FEC filings suggest, Steele travels in style. A February RNC trip to California, for example, included a $9,099 stop at the Beverly Hills Hotel, $6,596 dropped at the nearby Four Seasons, and $1,620.71 spent [update: the amount is actually $1,946.25] at Voyeur West Hollywood, a bondage-themed nightclub featuring topless women dancers imitating lesbian sex.

http://dailycaller.com/2010/03/29/high- ... gop-funds/
:popcorn:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:Gee, someone (Shit Party #2, specifically) had a problem with appointing a AFL/CIO honk to be the link between unions and Big Brother?

First, the position is completely, unarguably unconstitutional to begin with.

Additionally, OneBigAssMistakeAmerica just appointed a fox to guard the henhouse.

Anyone who doesn't have a problem with what dipshit did needs their fucking head examined. This guy and his minions aren't going to stop until they've declared martial law and seized all of your assets... things are getting out of control at a pretty alarming rate.

Right on brotha.

Have you been here yet?

http://www.hutaree.com

You might find some friends.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Grasp at straws much?

He was clearly making a bipartisan effort to assist the Obama administration in overcoming the historically low census participation rates of shackled lesbian bondage dancers.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

I figured he was just renting the conference room.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

BSmack wrote:
JMak wrote:A little red-assed still after the weekend spanking I gave you?
Wait a minute! I know who this troll is!

Once on the ground, FEC filings suggest, Steele travels in style. A February RNC trip to California, for example, included a $9,099 stop at the Beverly Hills Hotel, $6,596 dropped at the nearby Four Seasons, and $1,620.71 spent [update: the amount is actually $1,946.25] at Voyeur West Hollywood, a bondage-themed nightclub featuring topless women dancers imitating lesbian sex.

http://dailycaller.com/2010/03/29/high- ... gop-funds/
:popcorn:
So fucking what??....where was your outrage when Bubba was getting sucked off by Monica in the White House ? Steele hits a strip club with private money and you start going nanner,nanner,nanner....as if it fucking matters..

Check and see how much that cunt Pelosi spends on travel ? And that is fucking taxpayer money, not private funds like the RNC money is.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Personally I think it's great that he spends the RNC money at strip clubs. Gay bathouses would be even better.

If that's the sort of image they want their leader to project, then more power to them.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

I guess I didn't get that Miker Backer reference...boofuckinghoo. I don't maintain a T1B spreadsheet of these references...just not that invested, I guess.

What does a POS like Steele have to do with this thread, anyway? An affirmative action pick to lead the RNC and we have yet another example that affirmative action is a failure.

Issue still remains that Obama's nominees couldn't get through despite controlling the Senate with a filibuster-proof majority. Maybe some tards want to whine about holds, but if so, why is it petty when Republicans use them but not Democrats?
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Getting your pouch licked in the oval office is minor league compared to making it rain on dancers in orange ball gags who are viciously scissor fucking and helicoptering their tits.

Sayin...
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Derron wrote:....where was your outrage when Bubba was getting sucked off by Monica in the White House ?

You've got to be fucking kidding me.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Thanks for the clarification Mike.

:lol:
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mikey wrote: What he did was completely within the rules, and the same prerogative was used by his predecessor.
So why is he sniveling about "legislative responsibility"? Last time I checked, legislative responsibility means representing the interests of your constituents not sucking off our stupid niigger Pres__ent.

il Douche much?

Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

BSmack wrote: Wait a minute! I know who this troll is!

"The $1,946 for meals at Voyeur West Hollywood was the most eye-catching item in the monthly report. RNC Chairman Michael Steele, whose spending decisions have angered some donors in this midterm election year, had nothing to do with the nightclub expenditure, Heye said."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=10233345

Conflicting reports. But I love it when Dems display their ... it's best said in song.

With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Tom In VA wrote:"The $1,946 for meals at Voyeur West Hollywood was the most eye-catching item in the monthly report. RNC Chairman Michael Steele, whose spending decisions have angered some donors in this midterm election year, had nothing to do with the nightclub expenditure, Heye said."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=10233345

Conflicting reports.
Yep, there's the truth and there's the spin. There's your "conflicting reports".

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown