It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: Tea Baggers and Glenn Beck et al

Post by indyfrisco »

H4ever wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:
H4ever wrote: DId you read where I wrote he refuses money, is embarrassed about his finances, and treated her with OTC meds until she was obviously succumbing to her illness?
So he won't take money from his family, but is willing to take it from perfect strangers (taxpayers)?
How do you figure? Or did you skip past the part where he's paying 20 bucks a month to repay the fees incurred when his daughter almost LOST HER LIFE even though the hospital offered to write it off. Go fuck yourself Indy. Go suck some more corporate cock.
Bitch, you're the one who is saying this new health care would benefit someone like him. I agree, it would, at the cost of others. Understand my question now, dumbass? Go fuck yourself if you can't comprehend a simple fucking sentence. Everyone has a sad story to tell. I've got my own too. Does not mean I expect others to have to cover for that misfortune. Shit happens.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

BSmack wrote:
smackaholic wrote:this is complete bullshit. if i am required to play in this ponzi scam, so should cops, teachers and others who enjoy fat pensions partly because they can fund these plans with money the rest of us have to throw down the SS rat hole. and now, these same folks will get special treatment on this healthcare clusterfukk. are any of you libs out there in the private sector championing such shit getting a bit tired of having your prostate used as a speedbag?
You do realize state and local employees are required to pay into SS?
you do realize that you are a clueless dumbfukk.

i have a friend from high school that is a retired hartford cop (now working on a second pension as a windsor locks cop). i was talking to him about their ridiculously lucrative pension plan. he told me, to my surprise that it was actually self funded. i couldn't believe that until he explained that they pay A LOT into it during their working years and that the reason they can do so is that they are excused from SS. Say goes for teachers and I'm sure a fair number of others. I am also pretty fukking sure that this perk is not extended to anyone in the private sector no matter their pension size.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote: i am required to play in this ponzi scam, so should cops, teachers and others who enjoy fat pensions

seriously, I laffed....."fat pensions"?
teachers are one of the most underpaid career positions in the country, with cops being a close second....
get out, get out while there's still time
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mace wrote:
smackaholic wrote:if i am required to play in this ponzi scam, so should cops, teachers and others who enjoy fat pensions partly because they can fund these plans with money the rest of us have to throw down the SS rat hole.

and now, these same folks will get special treatment on this healthcare clusterfukk.
Speaking as a retired government worker in Iowa who is now a substitute teacher, the husband of a 35 year school teacher, and someone who worked with cops for 33 years, we ALL paid into social security and medicare. Also, please give me your definition of the "fat pension" that I contributed to for 33 years, in addition to social security and medicare.

Your statement might be true in some states, but not all.
you sir are in the unfortunate position of being a gubmint employee in a state that is not looted by it's gubmint employee unions.

the way the typical gubmint pension plans in ct work is that you receive a percentage of your pay for your highest 3 years. and what often happens is those nearing retirement are allowed to pile on massive amounts of OT which, btw counts in this calculation. there was an article in the hartford courant awhile back about hartford cop pensions. the top winners in their pension game were receiving 60-70K a year. and i'm not talking about leutenants or captains. i am talking about 20 year retired patrolmen who piled on absurd levels of OT. these folks, some younger than me (early 40s) can look forward to 70K a year for the next 40 or 50 years or however long they last.

another friend of mine is a mental health worker (dude in the white coat) in the section of the nuthouse where they keep the dangerous whack jobs. he works 3rd shift, so, he mostly watches them sleep. he has no college degree yet he makes a bit over 30 bucks an hour and gets doubletime when mandated for extra shifts which happens most every week. he pulls in better than 100K a year. if he didn't have this gig, he'd be a 12 buck an hour renta cop like he was before he hit the real ct lottery (state employement). of course, he sites the dangerous nature of the yob and was just telling me how he hurt his pinky the other day (first injury on the yob in 10 years) restraining a whackjob. i bust a knuckle pretty much every day on something at work! after he puts in his 20 years he'll have a pension somewhere around 50-60 percent, which should mean he'll be able to live comfortably on it.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Felix wrote:
smackaholic wrote: i am required to play in this ponzi scam, so should cops, teachers and others who enjoy fat pensions

teachers are one of the most underpaid career positions in the country, with cops being a close second....
bullshit.

where you from? teachers in ct are among the highest paid in the country. work about 190 days a year. summers off.

but, but, but.....they have masters degrees!!!!!

good for them. 50 years ago, many teachers had 2 year teachers college certs and they put out a damn site better product that these master degreed fukks today. why are they now required to get their masters? so they can demand more jack.

as for cops, in this state they make damn good money. and have an obscene pension system.

given their education levels, they are ridiculously overpaid. what is ridiculously overpaid?

my measure of what are you worth? what will someone else pay you? most cops, were they to find public sector work, are qualified to be $12/hr mall cops. some, of course, could make more as they may possess other skills.

and save me the dangerous job bs. you wanna see a dangerous yob? talk to a convenient store worker or pizza delivery guy. the most dangerous thing a cop does every day is drive to work.

i don't have anything against cops and think that plenty of them, particularly big city cops earn their pay, but, save me the underpaid bs.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

smackaholic wrote:
Felix wrote:

bullshit.

where you from? teachers in ct are among the highest paid in the country. work about 190 days a year. summers off.
They average 60K in California. Teachers in San Francisco average 75K. I would hardly call that one of the most underpaid career positions.

Feelsdicks is a just a dope who routinely falls for teachers' union BS.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Just came in to RACK Dinsdale and express condolences and wish him strength, comfort and joy in the ability to share his life with two wonderful people that raised a hell of a guy.

You're money in my book bro.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
smackaholic wrote:
They average 60K in California. Teachers in San Francisco average 75K. I would hardly call that one of the most underpaid career positions.

So you think $60,000 in California and Conneticut is righteous bucks??
And exactly what kind of living accomodations do you think you can buy in the San Francisco area making $75,000 year?

"but but they have all summer off"
most of the teachers I know have to find some $10/hour job in the summer time just to make ends meet.....
and the average police salary in Conneticut is $57,000...if you think that's serious money for putting their life on the line every day, dude you must work for really shit wages
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Felix wrote:"but but they have all summer off"
most of the teachers I know have to find some $10/hour job in the summer time just to make ends meet.....
Really? Say it isn't so! Poor fuckers have to work all year like the rest of us?

And seriously, if a teacher can't find a part time job that pays more than $10/hour, I don't want that person teaching my kids.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

IndyFrisco wrote:
Really? Say it isn't so! Poor fuckers have to work all year like the rest of us?

And seriously, if a teacher can't find a part time job that pays more than $10/hour, I don't want that person teaching my kids.

you seem to labor under the impression that teachers work a 40 hour week...lets take a look at a typical teachers week

say school starts at 7:30, most will probably be there by about 6:30 in the morning, but for the sake of argument lets say they get there at 7:00. Say school runs til 4:00, with 1/2 hour off for lunch...they've already put in an 8.5 hour day. Most will stay later than 4, but lets just say 4 for fucks sake.....okay, they now need to grade tests, read homework and prepare the following days lessons....how long do you think that takes.....2 hours at the minimum, so were already talking about at the very minimum a 10.5 hour day, and I'd venture to say that most put in closer to 12 hours a day....start putting that into 190 working days and you'll see the real time they spend is pretty comparable to a typical 8 hour, 50 week work year for the average joe.....coupled with the fact they have to deal with the headaches of unruly kids, unreasonable parents, etc., yeah, I think I can make a reasonable argument they're underpaid
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

You're banging your head against a brick wall Felix.

The knuckedraggers have all convinced themselves and each other that all teachers are lazy good for nothing leeches on society. Of course a lot of these morons are the same people who, as parents, dump their kids off at school unprepared for class, expect the teachers to be de-facto baby sitters, and then blame them when their kids come home as dumb as they were when they were dropped off.

A lot of the teachers that my kids have had not only put in the long days that you have described, but spend their lunchtimes and many hours after school doing things like coaching the academic teams, athletic teams and academic decathlon without any extra compensation. They also spend many extra hours writing recommendation letters for kids who would like to go to college.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

How could you be married to a commie leech like that?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Felix wrote:
mvscal wrote:
smackaholic wrote:

So you think $60,000 in California and Conneticut is righteous bucks??
And exactly what kind of living accomodations do you think you can buy in the San Francisco area making $75,000 year?

"but but they have all summer off"
and the average police salary in Conneticut is $57,000...if you think that's serious money for putting their life on the line every day, dude you must work for really shit wages
no one ever said 60K a year was righteous bucks, but, to use a phrase you commies like to throw around, it is a livable wage. you wanna make more? find something that pays more because it is dangerous/requires rare skills/whatever. as for whether or not you can buy in SF, what the fukk does that have to do with anything? rent or move.

connecticut cops don't have a salary, dumbfukk. they are hourly and can rack up some insane OT with such hazardous duties as reading a book and having coffee and donuts in their cruisers at a work site, because another stupid law requires their presence. they also have that nice little perk of being able to not contribute to one of the worst pension plans evah, SS. as for putting their life on the line, there is a bit of that in iurban shitholes, but, not as much as you'd think. they are a hel of a lot safer than cabbies or the shlep behind the counter at the cumberland farms. as i have already said, the most dangerous part of their yob, statistically is driving to work.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

88 wrote:The only better job I could think of is being a fireman.
One of my oldest friends is a firefighter. He works 24 hour shifts, then is off for the next 48 hours. Over time, it works out close to a 40 hour workweek... but he gets to sleep if the fires/rescues cooperate. Sometimes, he works 24 hours of INTENSE labor without a real break.

Claims he has a GREAT job -- great bennies, great schedule (take one vacation day, get 5 days in a row off, or the same can be accomplished with a shift-swap), great coworkers, and is pretty much regarded as a hero of the community...

the only drawback being that at any given moment, he could die... there is that part.

I think he makes about $55K or so, and will never advance much past that -- nice retirement setup, and he's yet to bitch about any of his compensation.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:
One of my oldest friends is a firefighter. He works 24 hour shifts, then is off for the next 48 hours. Over time, it works out close to a 40 hour workweek... but he gets to sleep if the fires/rescues cooperate. Sometimes, he works 24 hours of INTENSE labor without a real break.

Claims he has a GREAT job -- great bennies, great schedule (take one vacation day, get 5 days in a row off, or the same can be accomplished with a shift-swap), great coworkers, and is pretty much regarded as a hero of the community...

the only drawback being that at any given moment, he could die... there is that part.
which puts him in the same boat as, well, pretty much everybody. just that he gets the extra recognition as you say and a pretty sweet pension plan, i'll wager. when i lived in virginia, my roommate was a paramedic so he knew lots of firefighters. he said pretty much all of them had side jobs because, well, as you say, they were hardly ever at work. pretty fukking sweet gig if you can get it.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

smackaholic wrote:
no one ever said 60K a year was righteous bucks, but, to use a phrase you commies like to throw around, it is a livable wage.
commies?!?!?! I'm a druid and damn proud of it
you wanna make more? find something that pays more because it is dangerous/requires rare skills/whatever. as for whether or not you can buy in SF, what the fukk does that have to do with anything? rent or move.
well, if they move they won't be making what mscal considers to be the outrageous sum of $75,000 a year now will they?
connecticut cops don't have a salary, dumbfukk. they are hourly and can rack up some insane OT with such hazardous duties as reading a book and having coffee and donuts in their cruisers at a work site, because another stupid law requires their presence they also have that nice little perk of being able to not contribute to one of the worst pension plans evah, SS. as for putting their life on the line, there is a bit of that in iurban shitholes, but, not as much as you'd think. they are a hel of a lot safer than cabbies or the shlep behind the counter at the cumberland farms. as i have already said, the most dangerous part of their yob, statistically is driving to work.
sounds like a pretty cush job....you should be applying for it if it's that big of a cakewalk....don't know about all of this outrageous overtime these cops are apparently bilking the people of conneticut for, but the wages I quoted were based on a national average....the only thing that's certain being a cop is the unpredictability of what any given day will present.....you know what statistically is the single most dangerous situation for a cop?

domestic violence calls
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote:You're banging your head against a brick wall Felix.

The knuckedraggers have all convinced themselves and each other that all teachers are lazy good for nothing leeches on society. Of course a lot of these morons are the same people who, as parents, dump their kids off at school unprepared for class, expect the teachers to be de-facto baby sitters, and then blame them when their kids come home as dumb as they were when they were dropped off.

A lot of the teachers that my kids have had not only put in the long days that you have described, but spend their lunchtimes and many hours after school doing things like coaching the academic teams, athletic teams and academic decathlon without any extra compensation. They also spend many extra hours writing recommendation letters for kids who would like to go to college.
I think quite highly of teachers. Good teachers really can make a big difference in a students life. I just don't wanna hear about how they deserve any more money based on the fact that they generally are required to have post grad degrees within a certain number of years. Do you think they become better teachers as a result? I doubt it. My guess is they become better at their job the way the rest of us do, by doing it and emulating already successful teachers. As for the number of hours they put in, some put in more than others. If they participate in extracurricular stuff like coaching, good on them. so do i. and you wanna know what i get paid for it? btw, when i went to school, coaches did get a few extra grand. i suspect it hasn't changed.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Sorry, but of all the teachers I know and I am married to one, too...low wages aint the complaint. I have a Bro-in-law and two other friends in MI that simply for getting any Master's degree saw a huge bump in pay up to 60K+ and all three are completing PhD work which will take them to 80K+. And here's the kicker - their advanced degrees add zero value to their instructional competency. It's nonsensical...
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Should help them competing for research $$, though.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Felix wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:

you seem to labor under the impression that teachers work a 40 hour week...lets take a look at a typical teachers week

say school starts at 7:30, most will probably be there by about 6:30 in the morning, but for the sake of argument lets say they get there at 7:00. Say school runs til 4:00, with 1/2 hour off for lunch...they've already put in an 8.5 hour day. Most will stay later than 4, but lets just say 4 for fucks sake.....okay, they now need to grade tests, read homework and prepare the following days lessons....how long do you think that takes.....2 hours at the minimum, so were already talking about at the very minimum a 10.5 hour day, and I'd venture to say that most put in closer to 12 hours a day....start putting that into 190 working days and you'll see the real time they spend is pretty comparable to a typical 8 hour, 50 week work year for the average joe.....coupled with the fact they have to deal with the headaches of unruly kids, unreasonable parents, etc., yeah, I think I can make a reasonable argument they're underpaid
Stuff a tampon in it. Typical, canned template teacher bitching about how hard they work. Go tell it to your union. They did your contracts, those teachers are making a choice to work beyond their contract hours. The fucking teachers unions make the Teamsters look like a bunch of fucking pussies these days. They control our state, they have more clout and power than any of the other unions. So if the bleeding liberal teachers don't like the contract, get up the unions ass about it and stop your bitching. And tell the teacher to keep their political views to themselves and to stop indoctrinating kids in a captive audience. I was at my kids school every week volunteering. I saw the good teachers and I saw the fuck off's. Just like any other job.

I paid for tutoring because the fucking elementary system could not prepare them for high school. I paid for extra terms of college so they could catch up on the remedial math and English. Stop comparing public employees to private, because there is no comparison. Not even close. Teachers match up as better or better than all other public leach employees, so your whimpering drivel is falling on uncaring ears. Out of all the public employees, the fucking teachers are the first and loudest to bitch about their jobs, and it is the same mantra over and over...go tell it to the union..cause the rest of us don't give a fuck.

I worked road construction equipment sales for a time, I built golf courses for a time as an employee. I worked fucking 70 to 80 hours a week, because we only had 9 months in the year to make our money..in the sales, I might have to move equipment 500 miles overnight..all for one salary and a health plan that I had to pay into about 55%. MY MOTHER FUCKING CHOICE...if I had found a good public job 25 years ago, kept my mouth shut, kissed the bosses ass on a daily basis, made sure we turned out the entire union membership to vote for the latest hold the public hand out for more money election, I probably would have a different tune, but I don't, what it is, is what it is, my choice.

I will work until I die while those of my peers who were smart enough to suck off the public dick on a daily basis will play golf and fish from age 55 until they die, and that retirement check will show up every month until they do.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Dinsdale wrote:
One of my oldest friends is a firefighter.
Great job for people with average IQs. Not so much for people with brains and ambition though.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Moving Sale wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
Great job for people with average IQs. Not so much for people with brains and ambition though.
Fuck you.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Marty must be talking about teachers...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Derron wrote: Typical, canned template teacher bitching about how hard they work. Go tell it to your union.

i'm not a teacher you fucking moron
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Felix wrote:
Derron wrote: Typical, canned template teacher bitching about how hard they work. Go tell it to your union.

you're a fuckin' jerkoff.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Felix wrote:

Maybe not, but you have a whimpering,whining bleeding pussy mantra right out of the teachers handbook (Chapter 7 - Public Relations copy on how underpaid we are) that makes you sound like one and defend their cush ass jobs.

Likely your old lady is a teacher and you showed her your post to try and convince her to give you a knobber last night.
Derron
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Derron wrote:Likely your old lady is a teacher and you showed her your post to try and convince her to give you a knobber last night.
Unlike you, you pathetic waste of a pair of testicles, we don't have to "try and convince" our women to blow us. They do it automatically and WITHOUT hesitation because they LOVE blowing us.

Sucks to be you, not like we didn't know that.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Screw_Michigan wrote:..... we don't have to "try and convince" our women to blow us. They do it automatically and WITHOUT hesitation because they LOVE blowing us.

softball anyone?
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

You're a fucking jerkoff.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Derron wrote:Likely your old lady is a teacher and you showed her your post to try and convince her to give you a knobber last night.
Unlike you, you pathetic waste of a pair of testicles, we don't have to "try and convince" our women to blow us. They do it automatically and WITHOUT hesitation because they LOVE blowing us.

Sucks to be you, not like we didn't know that.
Speaking of testicles, next time that this "woman" of yours is giving you one of those "frequent" blowjobs, reach down there and see if she has a set ??

With your reduced brain power, "she " could get by with having a set for a while before you finally figured it out ? No ??
Last edited by Derron on Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derron
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Isn't Screw the guy that advises which women with balls are hot or not??
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Derron wrote:

Speaking of testicles, next time you that this "woman" of yours is giving you one of those "frequent" blowjobs, reach down there and see if she has a set ??

With your reduced brain power, "she " could get by with having a set for a while before you finally figured it out ? No ??
right out of the "I've got nothing to dispute what you're saying, so I'll just go to the personal attack" playbook

anything else you simpering fucking twat
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Felix wrote:
right out of the "I've got nothing to dispute what you're saying, so I'll just go to the personal attack" playbook

anything else you simpering fucking twat
Personal attack ?? Kind of like you calling me a "simpering ( you are the whimpering one) fucking twat ?? My bad...I was under the impression that was about all we did on this miserable board :hfal:

You jumped right in there when I smacked Screwed around a bit and you got his back..good job there...I am sure he appreciates it.

You two boys or something ??
Derron
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Speaking as one of those lazy bloodsucking public employees...at least a recently retired one.....who is also married to someone in her 35th year as a school teacher, I have to wonder what the fuck you morons are whining about. I've dug ditches, poured concrete, worked on asphalt crews, scooped hog shit, and worked on a loading dock to put myself through college so I could enter a profession where I could make a difference to my community and make it a safer place to live. I never expected to become wealthy (and didn't) but I have been afforded a comfortable living and owe no apologies to anyone, especially to the taxpayers of Iowa. I earned my salary ($10,200 when I started) every day I walked through the office door and worked 50+ hours a week, with no overtime pay, trying to do the best job possible.

My wife earns less than $50,000/year after 35 years on the job and works well in excess of 40 hours a week, with late nights and weekends. She's a music/band teacher who goes to work before 7:00 every morning and is never home before 6:00 p.m., later if she has a concert, marching band practice, or is working one on one with a student, and parades and contests on several weekends a year. She earns her salary too....and will earn her "fat pension" as well.

My "fat pension" is 63% of my highest 3 years of employment ($63,000 x 63% = $39,690.00/year, $3,331.00/mo. before taxes, $2825.00/mo after taxes). I spent 33 years dealing with ex-cons, dumbass parents, moronic bureaucrats, knee jerk legislatures passing idiotic and unenforceable laws, and the stupid fucking public who thinks everyone should be locked up....and I've more than earned every fucking penny of my "fat pension". I've also paid into social security for every job I've had since the age of 16 and will become eligible to collect my $1400/month from the feds in a couple of years.....and I've earned every penny of that too. And, more importantly, after working 33 years with the public, I'm slowly learning how to smile again, and don't cringe every time the phone rings at home. I also haven't had a 2:00 a.m. phone call for 3 months with some dumb shit slurring out the words to tell me he's in jail but doesn't know why.
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

Moving Sale wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
wow, i was just going to type the same thing about lawyers. what a koinky-dink.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Mace wrote:Speaking as one of those lazy bloodsucking public employees...at least a recently retired one.....who is also married to someone in her 35th year as a school teacher, I have to wonder what the fuck you morons are whining about.
I'll be damned if I can figure out their issues. The way I see it is that public sector employment is a social compact that is made where you sacrifice some earning potential with the idea of performing a public service and obtaining a certain level of income and job security in the balance. My wife is currently interviewing to become a 911 dispatcher. Sure, she'll never become rich doing it. But she'll be able to continue working nights, we'll be able to raise our son without day care, she'll have good job security and a decent pension. Oh, and she'll be helping first responders save lives.

If someone wants to complain that the public sector has too many employees, or that there are cases where some employees take advantage of the system, that's fair enough. God knows that in the 18 months I worked at the NYS DOT, I learned that the DOT Highway Maintenance was where ambition went to die. That's why I moved on shortly after one of my co-workers said that I was "too smart for dead squirrel patrols." But this kind of disdain and vitriol for ALL public employment is absolutely off the charts stupid.

Edit: Just found out this morning she got the job. It's party time here in WNY.
Last edited by BSmack on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Those are state and local public sector jobs.

At issue is the continual bloating of the Federal Government.

And P.S. For a dude who bitches about Human Resources .... well .... whatever .... there's really no point in arguing about it.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Toddowen wrote:Exactly, Tom

At issue with me is how effective and efficient this bureucracy is going to be. I've not much faith that it isn't going to be anything but a complete fuck-up.
If they could efficiently handle physician-assisted suicide, that would be a plus.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Tom In VA wrote:Those are state and local public sector jobs.

And P.S. For a dude who bitches about Human Resources .... well .... whatever .... there's really no point in arguing about it.
The issues, as raised by smackaholic, were the ones that I addressed, and concerned public employees, teachers, and their pensions...among other senseless bitching points.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Mace wrote:
Tom In VA wrote:Those are state and local public sector jobs.

The issues, as raised by smackaholic, were the ones that I addressed, and concerned public employees, teachers, and their pensions...among other senseless bitching points.
Right. Thanks, wrong room. Door is that way :arrow: right ?