Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

This year's wonderlic underachiever....

Post by WolverineSteve »

....is none other than Lord Tebow.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/gat ... 39371.html

Tebow graduated Florida with a 3.66 GPA as a Family, Youth and Community Services major, and he is a three-time member of the SEC Academic Honor Roll and a two-time First Team Academic All-American. :shock:

It would appear that the SEC is an academic meatgrinder as well.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: This year's wonderlic underachiever....

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

22? Dude is some kind of super genius.

-Vince Young
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Vince Young = Einstein

Sincerely,

Brent Fullwood, Auburn (dude reportedly scored a 1, which means he correctly spelled his name)
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

WolverineSteve wrote:Obligatory sample test.

http://www.efplfp.stealingisgood.com/wpt.html
9 out of 9 in just over a minute. There must be some harder questions in the full 50-question test.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

had a few questions from the wonderlic test on the local sports radio show this morning...one question was

"whats the 9th month in the year"

and another (para phrasing)

youre allowed 44,000 words in a magazine. Large typed you can have 20 pages small typed you can have 30 pages how many words per page can you have of thelarge type?

Not too difficult type of test.

Just head Bradford made a 34, McCoy 25 and of corse Pope Tebow the 22
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

We have a local sports hack talk show here in the morning. They try to be funny, they’re not. But they made me laugh this morning talking about the test results. Every time they mention “Tim Tebow” they queue up the theme song from Jesus Christ Superstar. Anybody know who they stole that from?

JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Nice academic program...right up there with all of the cultural studies and area studies bullshit that the universities have sopped to to enxpand enrollment and grant dollars and to raise tuition.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

I had to take that test for two different jobs. You breeze through the first 10-15 questions, then they don't really get that much harder, just longer questions. For example, that one about the 44,000 words. Then there are others that will give you information that you don't need to solve the question. It's basically just sorting through the bullshit and picking out the info you need.

If it was untimed, I bet everyone on here would score in the 40's. It's the 12 minute part that is a bitch. It sneaks up on you. First time I took it, I got a 29. The second time I got a 37.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

If they let him write some notes on his eye black, he would've done better...
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

One of the questions Tebow answered incorrectly:

Q: When receiving the football from under the center, this is known as a __________.

A: Abomination unto the Lord.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Too bad circumcising young boys in third world countries, kissing dudes and avoiding beautiful women werent on the test.

The lisping wonder wouldve aced it.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I guess he forgot to bring his prayer beads?
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Brad Banks scored a 9 on his. I couldn't believe he did that well.
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

Has there been any evaluation of actual NFL results against wonderlic test results?
Those who stay will be champions.
WolverineSteve

Post by WolverineSteve »

BlindRef wrote:Has there been any evaluation of actual NFL results against wonderlic test results?
A sampling from the article....

While Tebow's score of 22 would place him in a tie for 25th with Brett Favre and Chad Henne among starting NFL quarterbacks, the score likely won't affect Tebow's draft status nearly as much as his passing ability will.

The NFL is littered with mediocre quarterbacks who scored well (Ryan Fitzpatrick 48, Alex Smith 40, Matt Leinart 35) and star quarterbacks who scored poorly (Donovan McNabb 14, Dan Marino 15, Jim Kelly 15, Daunte Culpepper 18).

From another article....

Michael Vick - 20
Marcus Vick - 11
Steve Young - 33
Drew Brees - 28
Tom Brady - 33
Chad Pennington - 25 (Remember, Pennington was once a finalist for the Rhodes Scholarship. Yikes.)
Drew Bledsoe - 37
Donovan McNabb - 14
David Garrard - 14
Dan Marino - 16
Eli Manning - 39
Jeff George - 10
Vince Young - allegedly got a 6, then retested and got a 15
Chris Leak - 8
John Elway - 30
Brett Favre - 22

But back to the 2009 class.

Also scoring well on the Wonderlic was Maryland cornerback Kevin Barnes, who scored a 41. I just wish that Rhodes Scholar winner Myron Rolle, who put the NFL on hold to go to Oxford next year, had taken the Wonderlic. He might pull a Kevin Curtis on it if he ever takes it (Curtis scored a 48). By the way, Pat McInally, a graduate of Harvard University who played wide receiver and punted for the Bengals, is the only football player to record a confirmed perfect score of 50.

Now let's get to the dumbasses. There are a lot more of those.

Seems the wide receiving corps is especially stupid this year. Michael Crabtree of Texas Tech scored a 15, Darrius Heyward-Bey of Maryland scored a 14, and Percy Harvin of Florida scored a 12. Not real good. But don't worry, there was someone who was worse. Hakeem Nicks of UNC wowed everyone with an 11. A score of 10 suggests a person is literate, so at least all of the receivers can read this, I hope.

By the way, Jeremy Maclin of Missouri scored a 25, so he's like the Einstein of this year's receiving corps.

A few other fools include linebacker Rey Maualuga, who scored a 15, and O-lineman Andre Smith, who continued his epic draft stock slide by posting a 17.

Here are a few other scores for some of 2009's top prospects.

Arizona's Eben Britton - 31
Virginia's Eugene Monroe - 24
Baylor's Jason Smith - 23
Ole Miss's Michael Oher - 19
USC's Clay Matthews - 27
USC's Brian Cushing - 23
Western Michigan's Louis Delmas - 12

The lowest score we know of remains Nicks, but so far it seems only Wonderlic scores for top prospects are out. I'm sure someone scored below a 10 this year. By the way, in case you were wondering, the lowest score ever on the Wonderlic came courtesy of Darren Davis, a running back from Iowa State who scored a 4.

If we find out about any players who are illiterate from this year's draft class, we'll be sure to let you know.
-John Heisman

Go Blue!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

WolverineSteve wrote:Not real good...

illiterate

Priceless.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Shoalzie wrote:If they let him write some notes on his eye black, he would've done better...
RACK! :lol:
Dreams......Temporary Madness
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Killian wrote:One of the questions Tebow answered incorrectly:

Q: When receiving the football from under the center, this is known as a __________.

A: Abomination unto the Lord.
I literally laughed out loud. Damn! :lol: