How will your team do?

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

How will your team do?

Post by Goober McTuber »

Badgers were seeded properly as a 4. They’ll beat Wofford, hopefully by a larger spread than the football team did. Second game will be tough against 5 seed Temple (who some had as high as a 3). I see Bucky going out in the second round to cap a pleasantly surprising season.

How far will your team go?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Mook
Elwood

Re: How will your team do?

Post by Mook »

Kansas will be the National Champions :D
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

The assasin EVAN TURNER will lead THEE OSU to at least a Final Four...
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:The assasin EVAN TURNER will lead THEE OSU to at least a Final Four...

Impossible.....if you saw my post right above yours you would notice that Kansas is going to win the National Championship. :D
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Mook...I saw it...but I don't believe it
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

My team sucks ass, thanks for asking. I am predicting a home loss in their 1st NIT game.

Now.

Can one of you Big 10 honks explain to me how Minnesota made it? Sure. I get the whole making it the Conf Tournament Title Game. Nice little run at the end. :meds: Yeah. :meds:

Let's take a closer look: they beat a shit Penn St team, a fading MSU team (5-5 in their last 10), and a very injured Purdue team before getting lit up by a good team. That's like one halfway decent win in 4 games.

Yuck. Fuck them. Their RPI and SOS are underwhelming. OOC schedule, not great. Yeah, they beat Butler. BFD. Who knows how good they really are.

Shitty selection. Dreadful. Two thumbs down.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Agreed, ucant. Illinois would have been a much better choice. They beat Wisconsin twice, so they must be good.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Goober McTuber wrote:Illinois would have been a much better choice. They beat Wisconsin twice, so they must be good.
And Mizzou thumped Illinois, so that means they shoulda' been seeded higher that Wisky.

I like Mizzou's chances of beating Clemson and who the fuck is West Virginia? Sweet 16, baby!
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Kansas won the Inside Higher Education Academic Performance Tournament as well :hfal:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/ ... mics_N.htm
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:Can one of you Big 10 honks explain to me how Minnesota made it? Sure. I get the whole making it the Conf Tournament Title Game. Nice little run at the end. :meds: Yeah. :meds:
Minnesota was a point guard away from being a pretty solid team. They have that now with Devoe Joseph. Minny is one of the deepest, if not the deepest team in the Big Ten. They defend. They rebound. They have two good big men. They play fundamental, relatively mistake-free basketball. They have the 2nd best 3 point shooter in the Big Ten. And like I said, now they have a point guard who is rounding into form at the right time.

I've got them beating Xavier.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

As for the question posed...I really don't know. MSU should beat NMSU, a team that plays zero defense, but beyond that it's a crapshoot. I've got them bowing out in the Sweet 16, but I do think they're capable of beating Kansas. They beat them twice last year, albeit with a better team, but that should give them confidence going in...assuming they can even get past Maryland.

I was kinda planning on sending Ohio St to the Final Four, until I saw them in KU's region.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

I'm predicting one and done. If not, then Texas faces Kentucky. lol.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Prime, the terms of the bet have expired. You may remove that from your sig line... unless you really like it, that is.

And Texas may give Kentucky all they want. It took OT for them to beat MS. State by 1 point. MS. State didn't even make the tourney, fwiw. Kentucky isn't Kansas and they're definitely not peaking right now.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

My team? Well, I hope they're all in the gym and working their asses off while they wait to find out who will be coaching them next season. Maybe they can even attend a few of the women's practices as they prepare for their NCAA tourney appearance...and hopefully learn a little something.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Houston will most likely lose against Maryland, but the Coogs match up well against teams with one dominant player. That is why they beat UTEP twice this season. They have a puncher's chance, but I doubt they upset bid is in the cards. 18 years since their last appearance, so I will definitely be watching.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

To be honest, I was a bit surprised that ND got a 6 seed. I was expecting somewhere between a 7 and a 10. Then again, if you can justify a 6 seed for Marquette, I suppose you can justify a 6 seed for us as well.

I expect us to beat Old Dominion in the first round (second consecutive tournament appearance, and second time in three years, we have opened vs. the CAA champ). Baylor presents an intriguing matchup in the second round. If we make it into the Sweet 16, I don't think we match up terribly well against Villanova, although they come into the tournament relatively cold (two straight losses).

Interesting sidestory for me in this tournament, given our draw. I haven't exactly been the strongest Mike Brey supporter in recent years. Of the short list of desirable replacements that I have compiled, several wound up in our direct path this year, most notably Scotty Drew at Baylor and Jay Wright at Villanova (although the latter isn't realistically gettable for ND, Villanova seems to be his dream job). If we somehow make it into the Elite 8, several others in that category are live longshots on the other side of the South Regional, most notably Louisville (Rick Pitino is just whimsical enough to take the ND job, although his extramarital affair probably means we'd never touch him), and Siena, coached by Fran McCaffery.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Mike Brey just earned a 3-yr extension by making the tournament, Terry. Start compiling a new list. And I agree with you on the game based on how amazingly well ND has played down the stretch. An actual quality Mike Brey coaching job. Amazing.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Mike Brey just earned a 3-yr extension by making the tournament, Terry.
Sadly, you're probably right. I'm still thinking of the Digger Phelps era (the first half of it, that is) and to me, ND should expect to be in the tournament more often than not with an occasional run at least to the Elite 8.

Yeah, I know ND is a "football school," but there have been any of a number of "football schools" (e.g., Florida, LSU, Michigan, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas, Wisconsin) who have had Final Four runs in recent memory. Another "football school" (Tennessee) has yet to make a Final Four run, but has passed ND in terms of the quality of its basketball program despite having no basketball history to speak of.
And I agree with you on the game based on how amazingly well ND has played down the stretch. An actual quality Mike Brey coaching job. Amazing.
To me, there's never been a question that Brey is capable of putting together an impressive short-term stint. The main problems always have been: (a) sustaining it over the long term; and (b) more importantly, big game coaching, where Brey consistently has come up short.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Gators are 1 and done. Was shocked to even see them in the field.
Go Bucs, Gators
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Jsc810 wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:ND is a "football school,"
Objection, assumes facts not in evidence. :P

RACK. :lol:

Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

I think Duke got a #1 by default. Hard to argue with their record, ACC Crown(s) and well.......who else is out there??? This is a pretty weak year across the board. By contrast, Carolina had no peer last year and mauled every team they played. Wasn't even close. Props to them. Hell, I'd take and abysmal season like they had for the one they had last year.

Anyhow, I don't see Duke getting very far...again. They'll play some weird team like Cal or A&M and show them something they haven't seen before (of course vice-versa could be true) and if they don't shoot well, will get flustered and gag down the stretch. If the big 3 play well, then they could slide into Indy.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mustang wrote:Duke got a #1 by default. If the big 3 play well, then they could slide into Indy.
As well as a few choice other locations.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

I think that Texas will win its first game against Wake. That means we get Kentucky in the second round. I do not understand this team. Very talented but a total enigma. If we can shoot free throws and play defense, who knows. We need a second and third player to step up. Avery Bradley has been non-existant over the last 10 games. Jordan Hamilton plays like a freshman. J'Covan Brown is the other 2 wrapped in one. If one of those freshman can get hot, we make it to the Sweet 16 and possibly further. There have been games where one of the freshman have stepped up and we look great. When they don't we lose big. Damian James and Gary Johnson have been the only 2 scorers. Maybe Dexter will show up in the tourney?

I am going to say 2 games and we lose to Kentucky. I just don't know which team is going show up.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

my team will be superlative while ordering pizzas, sitting on the sofa this week and next.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Jsc810 wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:ND is a "football school,"
Objection, assumes facts not in evidence. :P
Allowed. Counselor, you may continue.
Terry in Crapchester wrote:ND WAS a "football school,"
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

If FSU can shoot free throws, I think they can get past the second round.

Since they cant, FSU will probably lose in the 1st round.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.