Conference Tournaments

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Conference Tournaments

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Gonna RACK the fuck out of my Western Michigan Broncos for ending Central's season early in the MAC tournament. Bwahah, fuckstains! They actually have a shot against Crackron tomorrow since the Zits went two OTs with Eastern Michigan today before prevailing.

Rack Georgetown for exceeding my expectations and beating Syracuse today. What the fuck is their god damn deal? I hope diagnosing Austin Freeman's medical condition was the deciding factor.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Conference Tournaments

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I don't think I've ever seen a Mike Brey team play defense before, so this game vs Pitt is a pleasant surprise.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Well, I took a chance early this week and bought Big East Tourney tickets for tonight's games. Now I guess I bit the bullet with all the top seeds falling off (thanks WVU for offering some saving grace). Nonetheless, I still like the matchups and hopefully get to see some close finishes.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

L45B wrote:Well, I took a chance early this week and bought Big East Tourney tickets for tonight's games. Now I guess I bit the bullet with all the top seeds falling off (thanks WVU for offering some saving grace). Nonetheless, I still like the matchups and hopefully get to see some close finishes.
Doesn't matter who is playing (unless you are looking to sell tickets), the games will be good. Glad to hear you are taking advantage of your locale and doing this. If I lived in metro NY, I would definitely at least go to the Thurs, Fri or Sat days.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a Mike Brey team play defense before, so this game vs Pitt is a pleasant surprise.
It's pretty unreal how ND has completely turned their season around after Harangody got hurt. And now that he's back, they haven't fallen back into their old bullshit style of basketball and are actually playing up to their potential. Scary ND bball for sure.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Fuck Notre Dame. I hope MSU is lucky enough to draw those shitstains in the second round. Brey is too afraid to schedule the Spartans, yet has no issues bashing the Big Ten conference. I hope he gets paired up with them, since he'll have no choice but to succumb to the beating he richly deserves.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Izzo is too afraid to schedule WMU. What's up with that?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Uh huh. :meds:
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Then how do you know Brey's too afraid to schedule MSU? Aside from his shit talking about the Big 11, which is completely out of line, you have no evidence to base your assertions on.

Prick.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Why would Brey be afraid to schedule MSU? That would qualify as a quality loss.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Evan Turner BITCHES...
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Brey's pulled a page out of Digger Phelps' playbook. Run a deliberate offense, burn as much time as possible off the clock with each possession, shorten the game that way. So far it's working.

I haven't exactly been a huge admirer of Brey over the years, and on the downside, we're looking a bit like a Big 10 team right now. But I'm not complaining one bit about the results. We've even been finding a way to win on nights when we haven't shot the ball well, something that was almost completely unheard of during the Brey era until recently.

As for scheduling, I don't know the particulars about Michigan State but I have to agree with Mgo in general. Brey generally has scheduled an extremely weak OOC schedule because "the Big East is tough enough." (Sound familiar, SECBSH?) Problem is that it typically backfires, in that most years we're not ready for the Big East once the conference schedule starts. Personally, I wouldn't be adverse to scheduling Michigan State or Purdue, or any of ND's traditional old-school rivalries. I'd continue UCLA, and I'd consider adding Kentucky, Indiana and Dayton back to the schedule. Our SOS hurts us this year even though we play in the Big East (in fairness, we got a home-and-home with UConn, who is having a down season. But two games on the schedule being against an opponent that disappointing can't hurt our SOS that much.)
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:Evan Turner BITCHES...

He's a certified bad ass...POTY in my eyes. Props on the win, BuckeyeFan... :x
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Shoalzie...yeah tough way to go down...OSU was rusty...then fired up then just checked out it seemed...

but again tough way to go down but he is a BAD ASS
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Terry in Crapchester wrote:As for scheduling, I don't know the particulars about Michigan State but I have to agree with Mgo in general. Brey generally has scheduled an extremely weak OOC schedule because "the Big East is tough enough."
Yup. Brey has been quoted on that, in regards to why he doesn't schedule tougher. It's the same take SECers spout to justify their weak OOC schedules. Knowing this, I don't know why it comes as some huge surprise to Screwball that Brey would want to duck MSU. Izzo has said in the past that he would like to get ND on the schedule, but it hasn't happened. A simple translation would be: The phone is ringing, but ND isn't picking up.

Sorry, Screwball, I don't have "evidence" of that. You might try pulling your head of out of ass and recognizing what is common knowledge.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Evan Fucking Turner.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:As for scheduling, I don't know the particulars about Michigan State but I have to agree with Mgo in general. Brey generally has scheduled an extremely weak OOC schedule because "the Big East is tough enough."
Yup. Brey has been quoted on that, in regards to why he doesn't schedule tougher. It's the same take SECers spout to justify their weak OOC schedules. Knowing this, I don't know why it comes as some huge surprise to Screwball that Brey would want to duck MSU. Izzo has said in the past that he would like to get ND on the schedule, but it hasn't happened. A simple translation would be: The phone is ringing, but ND isn't picking up.

Sorry, Screwball, I don't have "evidence" of that. You might try pulling your head of out of ass and recognizing what is common knowledge.
You are a fucking retard. Scheduling a baby-soft OOC sched that would make Diego hard is not the same as "being afraid to play MSU." I'm sure he's afraid of playing Texas, Mizzou, Illinois, etc. And "the Big East is hard enough" is not the same as "I'm afraid of scheduling MSU."

Far be it for me to defend Brey at all, but I will in this instance.

And as I've said before: Look at you bagging on Brey. Why won't MSU play WMU, you fucking dick?
Last edited by Screw_Michigan on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Gobbles McFucktard: Queue up those pre-made Wisky choking early in Big 11 tournament excuses.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

ScrewedInTheAssAgain: It’s halftime, halfwit.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Hughes, Clankavil and Bohannon are a combined 0-19 from the field. That’ll happen when you’re starting five community college walk-ons, as Mgo well knows.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:You are a fucking retard. Scheduling a baby-soft OOC sched that would make Diego hard is not the same as "being afraid to play MSU."
Yes, it is, you goddamn idiot. Refusing to play somebody with the justification of "you're good, and we already have to play a bunch of good teams" is a concrete definition of being afraid. Anyway, you're missing the point, as per usual. You don't run smack about a conference when you're too afraid to play teams from said conference. How do you not agree that this makes one look like a massive tool?
Why won't MSU play WMU, you fucking dick?
I don't know. Has WMU offered? Does WMU battle test anybody? What is the incentive to play WMU, you horrendous asshole? In this case you're confusing fearing someone with not giving a flying fuck about what they bring to the table.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:Hughes, Clankavil and Bohannon are a combined 0-19 from the field. That’ll happen when you’re starting five community college walk-ons, as Mgo well knows.
Well, at least that will give your boys some time to rest up and prepare to make another short-stack, TVO-style shooting guard the hero of the NCAA Tournament. Loser.
Last edited by Screw_Michigan on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I saw Illinois at +8.5 yesterday, and thought that was pretty much free money. This is a must win game for them, plus the revenge factor. Didn't think they were going to win though.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Guess we won't be watching the Badgers in Milwaukee. Or Kalamazoo Tech anywhere.

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:Guess we won't be watching the Badgers in Milwaukee. Or Kalamazoo Tech anywhere.
Kalamazoo Tech's playing Crackron in the MAC fucking Semis tonight, you shit-stained, cum-drenched spank sock.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Guess we won't be watching the Badgers in Milwaukee. Or Kalamazoo Tech anywhere.
Kalamazoo Tech's playing Crackron in the MAC fucking Semis tonight, you shit-stained, cum-drenched spank sock.
You can't possibly believe that your pathetic team is going to win. Akron will mop the floor with WMU, much like you mop the floor with your trusty jizz-mop. WMU is going down harder than you do in the men's room at a hip-hop club.

PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Degenerate wrote:Evan Fucking Turner.
Mother Fucking Stud.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Hughes, Clankavil and Bohannon are a combined 0-19 from the field. That’ll happen when you’re starting five community college walk-ons, as Mgo well knows.
Well, at least that will give your boys some time to rest up and prepare to make another short-stack, TVO-style shooting guard the hero of the NCAA Tournament. Loser.
Looks like Sparty's decided to copy the Badgers' strategy. :lol:

Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

What do I care, pindick?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Same shit, different year.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

But somehow Izzo will squeeze an Elite 8 or Final Four run out of them
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

What the fuck is wrong with Illinois? Jesus fucking Christ, just get the shot off!
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Screw...no kidding...you dribble up with 6 seconds...don't get the ball to McKame (sp)...and then call a time out with 3 seconds...and then you get nothing...

hats off to Illinois...but OSU pulled it together and ET playing 15 or so minutes with 4 fouls...FUCKING RACK OSU
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

Minnesota giving Perdue the obligatory BFITM. 20+ lead at half.

They keep this up, they will be dancing.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Just went from bad to worse. Two more starters for Purdue (Moore and Jackson) go down with injuries. At this rate they'll be lucky to get out of the opening round.