2010 Free Agency

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Shoalzie
WingNut

2010 Free Agency

Post by Shoalzie »

Credit to the Leos...aggressive in the early going with signing Kyle VandenBosch and Nate Burleson in addition to acquiring Corey Williams from the Browns. If they get Suh or McCoy with that 2nd overall pick...that defensive line becomes dramatically better and when you have an effective front four, it makes your linebackers much better, which they added Julian Peterson, Larry Foote and Deandre Levy last year. The Burleson signing is big to have an improved #2 receiver next to Johnson and a guy that is familiar with Lenehan's system going back to his Minnesota days. I'd love to see them get involved in the Thomas Jones sweepstakes.

VandenBosch signing:
http://freep.com/article/20100305/SPORT ... -year-deal

Burleson signing:
http://freep.com/article/20100304/SPORT ... e-Burleson

Williams trade:
http://freep.com/article/20100304/SPORT ... -Browns-DT
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Re: 2010 Free Agency

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

New England Patriots wrote:
:(

Whole lotta holes on this team. I think they don't even have a TE on the roster (which makes sense, because they dont even have a TE coach.) 1 hurt receiver, 1 unhappy receiver, then absolute shit for receivers. 1 shit RB signed but I hope he's cut. 3rd down back gone. Decent OL.

1 unhappy DL and then absolute shit.

1 decent LB, who may be hurt, and then shit.

0 decent corners who are not FA. 1 decent safety.

1st place schedule in 2010. Doesn't look good.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Eagles management and coach are split on keeping McNabb
PHILADELPHIA - Fox 29 has learned that the Philadephia Eagles are divided on a Donovan McNabb trade, with one very powerful Eagle blocking a potential deal.

The NFL free agency period has officially begun and, as teams make offers and deals, reports say Donovan McNabbb could be traded soon.

There are many interested teams out there, but right now the Eagles are not accepting any offers yet.

Sources tell Fox 29's sports department that the St. Louis Rams are not one of those teams, contrary to some reports.

But we're also being told that trading McNabb is not going to be easy because internally the Eagles' brass wants to move him but Andy Reid does not.

If the rumors that multiple teams have interest are true then make the fucking deal NOW.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Wow...Anquan Boldin dealt to the Ravens for 3rd and 4th round picks in this year's draft. :doh:

And still NO FA signings for the Chiefs.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Shoalzie wrote:Credit to the Leos...aggressive in the early going with signing Kyle VandenBosch and Nate Burleson in addition to acquiring Corey Williams from the Browns. If they get Suh or McCoy with that 2nd overall pick...that defensive line becomes dramatically better and when you have an effective front four, it makes your linebackers much better, which they added Julian Peterson, Larry Foote and Deandre Levy last year. The Burleson signing is big to have an improved #2 receiver next to Johnson and a guy that is familiar with Lenehan's system going back to his Minnesota days. I'd love to see them get involved in the Thomas Jones sweepstakes.

VandenBosch signing:
http://freep.com/article/20100305/SPORT ... -year-deal

Burleson signing:
http://freep.com/article/20100304/SPORT ... e-Burleson

Williams trade:
http://freep.com/article/20100304/SPORT ... -Browns-DT
The Burleson signing makes absolutely no sense. Dan Snyder giving Antwaan Randle El 18 million thinks that is fucked up.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

I am simply happy that the Skins have not been mentioned as buyers in this thread.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

stuckinia wrote:I am simply happy that the Skins have not been mentioned as buyers in this thread.
Amazing, isn't it?
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

BSmack wrote:The Burleson signing makes absolutely no sense. Dan Snyder giving Antwaan Randle El 18 million thinks that is fucked up.

For one, the Lions have to overpay guys to get them here because they're not a destination. Two, Burleson's best season as a pro was in Minnesota back in 2004 under Lenehan as the o-coor. It's a move they had to make...Johnson had a down year simply because no other receiver on that team scared the opposition nor did they have a running game to keep teams from keying entirely on him. On top of that, they had a rookie QB. You get a veteran receiver to help Johnson but to also help Stafford.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Shoalzie wrote:
BSmack wrote:The Burleson signing makes absolutely no sense. Dan Snyder giving Antwaan Randle El 18 million thinks that is fucked up.
For one, the Lions have to overpay guys to get them here because they're not a destination.
Fair enough. Arguing against the idea that Detroit sucks is not a good idea.
Two, Burleson's best season as a pro was in Minnesota back in 2004 under Lenehan as the o-coor. It's a move they had to make...Johnson had a down year simply because no other receiver on that team scared the opposition nor did they have a running game to keep teams from keying entirely on him. On top of that, they had a rookie QB. You get a veteran receiver to help Johnson but to also help Stafford.
His best season was in 2004. That's 6 years ago. Burleson has been a slappy ever since. Enjoy watching him fail miserably.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

KC Scott wrote:40 mil guaranteed for Julius
And 7 mil for Taylor. I guess this is the year to wildly overspend on 3rd down backs.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

mvscal wrote:
And 7 mil for Taylor. I guess this is the year to wildly overspend on 3rd down backs.
He won't be a 3rd down back in Chicago.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

BSmack wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:
Two, Burleson's best season as a pro was in Minnesota back in 2004 under Lenehan as the o-coor. It's a move they had to make...Johnson had a down year simply because no other receiver on that team scared the opposition nor did they have a running game to keep teams from keying entirely on him. On top of that, they had a rookie QB. You get a veteran receiver to help Johnson but to also help Stafford.
His best season was in 2004. That's 6 years ago. Burleson has been a slappy ever since. Enjoy watching him fail miserably.

If he was able to get 63 catches with Houshmandazeh on the other side and broke-ass Hasselbeck throwing him the ball...I think he'll do fairly well with Johnson and Stafford and the aforementioned Linehan. I look at his addition as a positive considering Kevin Smith was this team's second leading receiver and Bryant Johnson, who was brought in last year to be the #2, had just 35 catches. From a Lions' perspective, it's an upgrade.
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Shoalzie wrote: From a Lions' perspective, it's an upgrade.
It's the Lions. One man's anal rape with a baseball bat dipped in AIDS is another man's upgrade.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Pretty much what I was thinking too, Shoalzie. It's just the Lions, so it's an upgrade from what, to what?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

R-Jack wrote:
Shoalzie wrote: From a Lions' perspective, it's an upgrade.
It's the Lions. One man's anal rape with a baseball bat dipped in AIDS is another man's upgrade.

Well said...I think.

LionFan's favorite part of the NFL season is the offseason because they can't lose anymore games.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Oakland has been uncharacteristically quiet.

J. Fargas was released.

Anyone looking for a TOUGH hombre to contribute at RB, here's an option for ya.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mace wrote:
mvscal wrote:
He won't be a 3rd down back in Chicago.
Sure he will. Forte is still the starter.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

mvscal wrote:[Sure he will. Forte is still the starter.
Okay, Lovie, thanks for the insight.

Actually, he'll be splittng the carries with Forte and, depending on what happens during camp, he could end up being the starter.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mace wrote:Actually, he'll be splittng the carries with Forte.
That's what I said, idiot. Forte will carry on 1st and 2nd down. Taylor will be in on 3rd down or obvious passing situations.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

mvscal wrote:
That's what I said, idiot. Forte will carry on 1st and 2nd down. Taylor will be in on 3rd down or obvious passing situations.
Yeah, I know what you said, but I think the Bears may have a bigger role for him than what you think. Wouldn't be the first time you were wrong.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

poptart wrote:Oakland has been uncharacteristically quiet.

J. Fargas was released.

Anyone looking for a TOUGH hombre to contribute at RB, here's an option for ya.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... he-chiefs/

Thanks!
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Fargas would be a decent addition for KC, imo.

Wouldn't threaten Charles for the starting spot, but would provide 5-10 solid carries a game and could start if necessary.
Good blocker, HARD runner for his size, below average as a pass-catcher.
Just a good team guy, though.
As a fan, there is very little to dislike about him.

A little curious that Oakland released him, although he was due to receive a roster bonus on Monday.
But it wasn't a huge amount and he was one guy who really HAS been a gamer for the Raiders the past few seasons.

Word is Oakland wants to clear the way for Bush/McFadden, but ... I dunno.

Might be somethin' else going on.

Wait and see.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

Mace wrote:Yeah, I know what you said, but I think the Bears may have a bigger role for him than what you think.
Wrong. They asked Forte to do too much...well, everything actually. They needed a reliable 3rd down player like Taylor. It will make Forte's job easier. Make no mistake, Forte remains the feature back in that offense.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Chiefs resigned WR Chris Chambers today.....not the free-agent "splash" I was looking for, but nevertheless I'm glad to have that guy back here. Solid player.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

Paul wrote:Chiefs resigned WR Chris Chambers today.....not the free-agent "splash" I was looking for, but nevertheless I'm glad to have that guy back here. Solid player.

Then they signed Thomas Jones today. Money wasn't specified but he's been productive the last few years and appears durable. Good signing unless the cayshe is out of hand. I was hoping the Pats might take a flyer on him . . . . . . .
Go Patriots! ! ! !
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:
Forte had 63 receptions and 4 receiving tds in 2009. Even in Taylor's best year he had nearly 20 less receptions than Forte did last year. I don't think it'll be an automatic substitution on obvious passing situations. I would not be surprised to see the Bears use both in a 2 back set quite often. Forte is also bigger so he's more likely to stay in to pass block too.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

So far the Steelers have signed Arnez Battle, Will Allen and Antwaan Randle El in addition to resigning Casey Hampton, Ryan Clark and Jeff Reed. I hear Allen and Battle are special teams studs and that Battle in particular is more than willing to block as both a WR and special teamer. Now if they can pick up a quality NT in the draft as well as James Farrior's replacement...

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Browns making noise.

Gaydy Quinn to the Doinks and Kamerion Wimbley to the Raiduhs.

The Wimbley move gives the impression that Oakland might be moving to a 3-4 - Wimbley starting opposite T. Scott.

Or is he going to play DE?

Does Al have a clue?

I dunno.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

poptart wrote:Does Al have a clue?
You SERIOUSLY asked that question?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

In and of itself, acquiring K. Wimbley for a 3rd looks good.
He's young and he's got skill - especially as a pass rusher.

But where does he fit in Oakland?

If he's going to play DE, he's going to a position he hasn't played since college and he'll likely be a liability v. the run.
If he's playing backer, then it looks like we're going with a 3-4.

He's an athletic body - and Al luvs shiny objects.

So be it.

Fit him in somewhere, Coach Cable.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

poptart wrote:He's an athletic body - and Al luvs shiny objects.
There's your answer. He's a bust already. He certainly wouldn't be the first Duh free agent to flame out because he caught alvis' eye rather than fit into their system.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Qbert was run.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

The Donks got hosed in that deal.

Meanwhile the Steelers appear to be ready to sign Larry Foote. Foote was a stud his first go around. The word is they will sign him to back up Timmons. But should age start to catch up with Farrior, who knows?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

BSmack wrote:The Donks got hosed in that deal.
I agree!

Peyton Hillis did or said something to really piss off Josh McDaniels at the start of last season. McDaniels sat him on the bench the entire season even when the running game was hurting. Hillis was a Fan favorite here in Denver, I hope he tears it up and becomes one of the NFL’s top running backs
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote: Gaydy Quinn to the Doinks

yeah, that will put us over the top :meds:

fuck me, after one season I'm starting to question whether McDaniels is in over his head
get out, get out while there's still time
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Chiefs signed free agent G Ryan Lilja from the AFC Champion Colts today....after bringing back C Casey Wiegmann the other day all of a sudden their offensive line just got a LOT better.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Eagles are using this uncapped year to get rid of a bunch of shit contracts, trade for a rotation-type DE and let's not forget the epic singing of Hank Baskett
who's only redeeming value is that he married a horse-faced skank who showed her tits. They also over-valued Vick who they thought would materialize into a 2nd rounder but at this point has less value than Jake Delhome and Derek Anderson. They claim McNabb is not on the market but they've been listening to offers only to find that he too isn't worth a whole lot either.

They have made 3 decent moves- resigning Weaver and Avant and attempting to bring in Mike Bell to back-up McCoy. They either have something up their sleeve come draft day or the team is prepping for a lock-out. I suspect the latter.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

jiminphilly wrote:a horse-faced skank who showed her tits.

RULES. :brad:

If they're nice, of course.