Let He Who Is Without Flippers Cast The First Stone.....

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Let He Who Is Without Flippers Cast The First Stone.....

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

The American Family Association, a religious right group, is urging that Tillikum (Tilly), the killer whale that killed a trainer at SeaWorld Orlando, be put down, preferably by stoning. Citing Tilly's history of violent altercations, the group is slamming SeaWorld for not listening to Scripture in how to deal with the animal:

Says the ancient civil code of Israel, "When an ox gores a man or woman to death, the ox shall be stoned, and its flesh shall not be eaten, but the owner shall not be liable." (Exodus 21:28)

However, the group is going further and laying the blame for the trainer's death directly at the feet of Chuck Thompson, the curator in charge of animal behavior, because, according to Scripture,

But, the Scripture soberly warns, if one of your animals kills a second time because you didn't kill it after it claimed its first human victim, this time you die right along with your animal. To use the example from Exodus, if your ox kills a second time, "the ox shall be stoned, and its owner also shall be put to death." (Exodus 21:29)

SeaWorld has no plans to execute Tilly.

You call that a stoning? Was that a change up? Swim, monkey, as I ponder.. what madness reigns that would set nature in revolt?...that a crawly thing like you should seek to rule..and so destroy...
Before God was, I am
JMak
I merely noted

Re: Let He Who Is Without Flippers Cast The First Stone.....

Post by JMak »

Take a header into an empty pool, fuckface.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Die on a crucifix jmak, you fundie doucherip.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Tilly deserves the needle? In today's society? Naww, I think anger management and sensitivity training would suffice.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

She got in the bigass pool...she knew there was a killer whale in there...I say, let her die! - Lloyd Bridges
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Fucking RACK Tilly, and Darwin for the assist.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Clearly, The Bush/Cheney cabal Christer cult facilitated this Zionist blood-bath in the name of Neo-Con new world order hegemony.

rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

well, clearly
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:But, the Scripture soberly warns, if one of your animals kills a second time because you didn't kill it after it claimed its first human victim, this time you die right along with your animal. To use the example from Exodus, if your ox kills a second time, "the ox shall be stoned, and its owner also shall be put to death." (Exodus 21:29)
This atheist has no problem with that reasoning. Feel free to update the concept with modern terminal methods if you like, but it is a just response.

If your blatant and totally inexcusable negligence results in the death of another human being, you absolutely should be put down yourself. I would include judges and prosecutors who do not sentence violent offenders to the maximum punishment allowed by law as well.

To further clarify, all violent crimes from aggravated assault to murder should be punishable by death without exception. There is no reason to tolerate violent offenders in a civil society.
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Okay, but what about the havoc your constantly visit upon the Vogels?

mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

"I am but a stone thrown by the righteous."

Soddomites 1:16
Screw_Michigan wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:39 pmUnlike you tards, I actually have functioning tastebuds and a refined pallet.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

mvscal wrote:"I am but a stone thrown by the righteous."

Soddomites 1:16
If ever something was tailor-made to be your sig, that's it.

LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

mvscal wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote:But, the Scripture soberly warns, if one of your animals kills a second time because you didn't kill it after it claimed its first human victim, this time you die right along with your animal. To use the example from Exodus, if your ox kills a second time, "the ox shall be stoned, and its owner also shall be put to death." (Exodus 21:29)
This atheist has no problem with that reasoning. Feel free to update the concept with modern terminal methods if you like, but it is a just response.

If your blatant and totally inexcusable negligence results in the death of another human being, you absolutely should be put down yourself. I would include judges and prosecutors who do not sentence violent offenders to the maximum punishment allowed by law as well.

To further clarify, all violent crimes from aggravated assault to murder should be punishable by death without exception. There is no reason to tolerate violent offenders in a civil society.
Who are you...and what have you done to Babs/Avi/Jessup?

Does this simplistic code of justice extend to the Blackwater hit men who wiped out a city block in Baghdad? How about the judge who let them stroll?

As for gigantic dolphins (orcas are not whales) who play rough, isn't this just like big ol' Lenny in Of Mice And Men? Of course they did put him down, but the reader is left with an ambivalence, etc.

But let's be on record: the poster currently posing as "Mscval" suggests the orca be put to death in accordance with ancient Hebrew law. So...should it be circumcised first? Ask M-fake and maybe he can suggest some practicalities. 8)
Before God was, I am
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Since when are orcas not whales?

LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

A common misconception, sort of like Reagan getting credit for ending the Cold War. An orca is a dolphin, the largest, and...oh read it here:

The killer whale is one of thirty-five species in the dolphin family, which first appeared about 11 million years ago. The killer whale lineage probably branched off shortly thereafter.[7] Although it has morphological similarities with pilot whales and pygmy killer whales, its closest relative is the Irrawaddy dolphin.[8]

(Glass is actually a liquid!)
Before God was, I am
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

An orca is still a member of the toothed cetacean family. It's still a whale, even though it's also a dolphin.

LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Oh yeah, well guess what? This guy is boring as drying paint!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J503OvHWKko

Just because it looks like great player, and acts like one, and is often referred to as one...doesn't make it so!

A dolphin is a dolphin, a whale a whale. Get it? A donkey is not a mule, and a mule is not a horse. Just because an orca performs in Sea World and occasionally kills someone, doesn't make it a whale. And the idea of circumcising it for "health" reasons is perhaps the most disingenuous falsehood of all.

WW
Before God was, I am
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Can you put a whale in time out?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Oh yeah, well guess what? This guy is boring as drying paint!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J503OvHWKko
That triple-slide-bend combo he does at the very beginning, right at the :10 second mark, that is just terrifying. Dude has serious balls for even attempting some of the things he does.

That guy is the best lead guitarist I've ever heard. Period. He may not be the best writer/producer/composer/etc, but he's the best soloist I've ever seen. He kills at everything. His ideas are boundless, his execution is flawless, his imagination is off the charts and he's creative as all get out, including a distinct sense of humor in his playing. Even his tone is perfect, at least when he's not using any oddball FX.

He's also infinitely more interesting as a player than your robot-boy with the gawdawful tone, McLaughlin, so... :hfal:
Just because it looks like great player, and acts like one, and is often referred to as one...doesn't make it so!
No, but that the fact that he is one makes it so.

:D
A dolphin is a dolphin, a whale a whale. Get it? A donkey is not a mule, and a mule is not a horse. Just because an orca performs in Sea World and occasionally kills someone, doesn't make it a whale. And the idea of circumcising it for "health" reasons is perhaps the most disingenuous falsehood of all.

WW
I'm digging the mood you're in, but sorry, a dolphin is a member of the toothed-whale family. A marine mammal may be a whale without being a dolphin, but it can't be a dolphin without also being a whale.

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

so a Killer Whale kills some fucking gene splice that KNEW exactly how they're supposed to behave and people are surprised?

hold them in captivity as long as you like, but they're still WILD animals and WILD animals tend to do unpredictable shit.....that's why they're called WILD ANIMALS
get out, get out while there's still time
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

KC Scott wrote:If two orcas of exactly the same size and dimension both simultaneously start sliding down a ramp but one weighs 30 lbs more.....

errr...... Eject
Are they resident or transient orcas?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Van wrote:A marine mammal may be a whale without being a dolphin, but it can't be a dolphin without also being a whale.
Depends on who you ask.
"I see everything twice!"
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Thanks, smackie, for settling the question with ironclad finality. Another question settled even easier is the drastic difference between the karaoke gnarly noodler and a true musician...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQasU2Vq ... re=related

The greater question of justice and revenge remains. Regardless of the righteousness of our cause or the evil of our foe, to lower ourselves to barbaric revenge is not only to debase ourselves to their level--but actually to be worse because we should know better. Who were these barbaric ancient Hebrews...and why does their ghastly history comprise eighty percent of the so-called "Christian" bible? And how have these Christers come to feel justified in seeking to impose the barbaric code of a primitive nomadic tribe upon the entire world--including the non-human members of the planet? This is the real question to burn in your head, to rub like sand in your gears.

WW
Before God was, I am
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Thanks, smackie, for settling the question with ironclad finality.
Yep!

From Smackie's link...
ANSWER TO QUESTION:
Dear Steve,
I wrote you and told you that dolphins are indeed (never trust people who use the word indeed) whales, and that is still my opinion.
Since general words like whale and dolphins can be a unclear they use another word. The word they use is cetacean. They are all cetaceans. All whales, dolphins, and porpoises are cetaceans. No one is allowed to argue about this (in theory - in reality there is always discussion and things are always changing).

So chill out! The next time someone starts to argue about whether or not a dolphin is a whale just roll your eyes, smile smugly, and say, "I don't get bogged down in such silly arguments. To a marine biologist they are all cetaceans".

(And, of course, you can also tell them that Dr. Galapagos says a dolphin is a whale is a cetacean. That should settle it.)
Nick wrote:Another question settled even easier is the drastic difference between the karaoke gnarly noodler and a true musician...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQasU2Vq ... re=related
Perfectly good and esoterically archaic as always, but I'll see your Dissonant Boy and raise you with the more soulful and funky jazz stylings of Guitar Jesus...

Then a slightly different take on "Hide And Seek"...

See, Nick, did you hear what was coming out of his amp, especially in those last two clips? That's called...wait for it...

...tone!

You know, that pleasing to the ear thing which Dissonant Boy left by the roadside long ago during his never-ending quest to achieve sonic hamster-fucking. :mrgreen:

Then there's this, which is yet another thing Dissonant Boy lacks: a sense of humor...

Let's see Dissonant Boy play some chicken pickin' shuffle replete with the theme from Benny fucking Hill!

:lol:

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

that funky jazz thingy with geeetar hey-suse was kinda cool. the first clip though claimed to be blues? uhhh, not as far as i'm concerned. it was fairly amazing, but blues?

i have seen GG do little snippets of blues, so, he undoubtedly can play the blues, but, i'm not sure if i've seen an entire blues tune by him. i would especially like to see an entire SRV cover by him. there was one of those clips where eh did a little bit of everybody and he absolutely nailed SRV.

so, if there is a clip somewhere on the interweb of him covering SRV, i'm sure you know of it van. is there oen?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Van wrote:
See, Nick, did you hear what was coming out of his amp, especially in those last two clips? That's called...wait for it...

...complete and utter boredom!
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Marty, when the topic turns to monkeys who can't play their instruments while pretending to 'rebel', I promise, you'll be the first one we call. Until then, sit down and shut up, because you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground.

smackie, who said that first clip was blues? It's "Hide And Seek", which is a jazz standard. As to your SRV question, I'm not aware of any clip of SRV playing an entire song while trying to sound like SRV. That's not what he does. He'll occasionally do those little snippets for an online guitar magazine, but he plays his own shit 99% of the time, and his own shit is always far more involved than basic SRV-style blues. He'll throw in little basic blues pentatonic phrases now and then, but for the most part he's usually using entirely different chords, modes and scales.

Edit: Or did you mean that little "Bullet Blues" clip, the one Nick posted where GG is sitting down and just playing to a backing track? If that's what you meant, then what you're hearing there is GG fucking around over a 'blues' track while dipping in and out of 'bluesy' scales and phrasing. In that same series of backing-track demos there are certainly other clips of him playing more traditional blues licks...

...like these...

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Smackie Chan wrote:
Van wrote:A marine mammal may be a whale without being a dolphin, but it can't be a dolphin without also being a whale.
Depends on who you ask.
Where does that leave Rumplewife?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

On trial in the public eye for mauling her trainer?

LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

No, no, and double NO!

Sure, he plays every stereotypical riff and style--every genre carefully stuffed with wall to wall shredding....

Don't you get it...at all? :?

He's a completely hollow poser who has spent the time to master the instrument. And the galling--and embarrassing--part is that he just keeps pumping along as though he thinks his sprawl of shred-fest riffage somehow attends the tiniest toe of the goddess...WTF!

Honestly...can you really listen to any of his hyper-noodled homages and not wonder why? What's he doing?

As for a real musician like John McLaughlin, are you kidding? The little snatch I provided fills worlds. And make no mistake, he's but a stalwart soldier, not the whole army.
Before God was, I am
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Funny how he's playing 'stereotypical riffs' which nobody else in the history of planet Earth has ever played! :lol:

Still, I liked your bit about attending to the toe of the goddess, and your effrontery in referring to Dissonant Boy as a "little snatch" was much appreciated, as well.

LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

And what would presume to know of her tiniest toe? If as you insist you actually believe that karaoke shredder has anything to do with actual music, you are a hack. That simple. Sorry. :doh:

If you can begin to understand the stifling madness of ancient Hebrew law being inflicted upon the planet...maybe you have a chance.. :o
Before God was, I am
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Nick, see, once you admit that someone has taken the time to "master the instrument" - which GG clearly has, to no small degree, since he's truly mastered nearly all manner of guitar playing, and not just playing fast - all accusations of their being a poser and a hack fall flat. That's an oxymoron. One doesn't get to GG's level of mastery by being a hack or a poser. He's as real as the day is long. That sort of dedication doesn't come from posing, any more than it did when McLaughlin was woodshedding on his way to deciding to eschew any and all attempts at decent tone.

Few suggestions for your boy...

-Lose the tremolo bar. Your use of it is amateurish at best and wholly ill-fitting with what you play. It serves no purpose whatsoever, and it just makes you look and sound silly, like you wanna dabble at being a rocker.

-Do something about your gawdawful, plinkity-plinking tone. Whatever the opposite is of warm, rich, inspiring, pleasing to the ear tone, you've made it your home. You sound like a $40 Indonesian guitar with the humbuckers in split-phased mode, played through a Pignose. Listen to some Wes Montgomery. Hell, listen to some Paco and Al. Christ, listen to some GG. Just fatten up that tone, warm it up, give it some overtones and sustain, and quit sounding like a kid on Youtube trying out a Fender G-Dek with the bridge p/up of a Squire Strat.

-Phrasing, anybody? Dude, seriously, there's more to playing guitar than simply waiting your turn before wading in to play sixty-fourth notes in the exact same, monotonous tempo all the time. Try a bent note now and then. Maybe a double stop. You could even hold a note for a whole measure. A little vibrato would be cool too. This habit of yours of simply busting forth with unmitigated speed at every opportunity has gotta go. You sound less like a guitarist and more like a broken software program.

Play a goddamn melody once in a while, you insecure fetishist!

Your pal,
Van

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

:fap:

sin,
Vai
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Shred boy doesn't even play songs! It's just a three minute whack-off session "in the style of" some else. Show me one actual melody he plays; one actual song; one actual band he plays with; one actual audience listening; one record or actual marketable item....

As for John McLaughlin, he has robustly fulfilled each criteria for many years with a much more eclectic palate of styles and actual musical worlds. And moreover, a vast array of accomplished musicians--not just guitar geeks--will declare McLaughlin as one of the greatest musicians of the modern era. You're the only person I've ever heard go to the mats for Shred Boy.

Your assessment seems as curiously absent of any actual musical scope or awareness as is your concern at American religious fanatics attempting to impose ancient Hebrew "sharia," as it were, upon our legal system.

Look carefully at the players with McLaughlin (Chick Corea is off camera) and notice how totally stoked they are at being inside with McLaughlin as he plays the amazing solo--can you follow the changes? Do you see what's going on in the tune? Can you appreciate his actual phrasing--as opposed to Shred Boy's non-stop firehose approach (you call that music?)
Before God was, I am
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Okay, Nick, let's go through it...

At the :06 second mark he plays a single note twice, then he proceeds to play a few sections of straight alternate picking runs, with no phrasing at all. Just straight speed - no melody, no variance in the runs, no notes held or emphasized. Just straight wankery. When he stops, he stops, going silent, then he picks it right back up with another burst of the same spiky-sounding runs.

At the :23 second mark he begins an ascending, repeating riff, with each one initiated by a single, thin vibrato.

At the :30 mark he attempts to hold a note for almost a whole beat, then it's back to the spikity-spiky stuff until around the :40 second mark, at which point he reverses course and spikity spikes that ascending run again. Oh, and btw, his hair looks fabulous! Kind of a latter day Ted Danson thing he's got going on there.

With one pause for a leg kick, he takes a breather from his samey-same plinking, resuming until the one minute mark.

At the one minute mark he goes apeshit for about ten seconds, doing a nonstop barrage of the same diddly-diddly-diddly run before he does another leg kick at at the 1:10 mark, at which point he attempts to do an ill-advised whammy-bar grab. Then he clams a note at 1:14, when he tries to do a single note.

Fed up by that interminably long break for that single note, apparently, he does a silly whammy-bar dive then dives in and repeats the same five-note staccato riff over and over, until the 1:45 mark, at which point he gets all funky by bending his knees and doing a semi-bent note.

Then he does the best thing in the whole song, when he joins the bassist and sax player to play the main signature notes.

And there you have it.

Phrasing? Almost nill. Dynamics? Utterly absent. He uses the exact same tone at the exact same volume with the exact same attack for every single plinky note he played. He didn't vary a single note. Vibrato, maybe four times, and they were all very short and thin. Chords? None. Melody? Only during that last section, when he joined the bass player and sax player.

Along the way he also made a couple-few mistakes, and considering it was a McLaughlin performance, he wasn't even playing very fast. He was sort of only briskly strolling through, as opposed to his usual manic sprint.

As always, the tone was just plinkity-plinking, thin and trebly. As always, he sounded like he was doing metronome drills rather than laying back and creating any sorts of melodies.

Proficent as hell, yes, and dry as Stovepipe Wells.

Now, compare that James Bond-martini dry performance with this, which is about the closest thing I could find to GG playing something in a similarly constant rapid-fire tempo to what McLaughlin played in his clip...

It's 'country', of a sort anyway, but it's similar in the attack and tempo.

Note however, all these differences...

-His use of a multitude of tones.

-His use of a multitude of attacks, ranging from alternate picking to chicken picking to bent notes, chords, vibrato, etc.

-The conspicuous-by-its-presence melody. Yes, he's playing nonstop, rapid-fire shred, same as McLaughlin, but he's playing an actual, discernible song with an easy to hear melodic theme.

-His sense of humor in his playing. He's not such a fucking robot, even though he's every bit as fast and technically proficient as McLaughlin, which is really saying something.

Pretty much evident in this, along with everything but the kitchen sink...

Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

OCD much? :roll:
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

That is brain dead robotic fake "country" as one can get. Sure, he goes on auto-pilot and riffs in what is technically a melodic fashion. But it's soulless and hollow--totally boring (look at Shred boy himself right near the end--he's looking up wondering, "is this boring exercise done yet?"). Some interesting effects, no doubt--in particular the distorted walk down of dissonance at 3:45. The rest is perfunctory generic "country" cliches.

As for the McLaughlin solo, your analysis is shallow--looking at the trees and not hearing the whole band. That's the beginning of the huge difference between the master and Shred Boy. The shredder, we notice, plays equally well--and seemingly without any difference--when accompanied by a drum machine. Don't you understand anything about what makes merely playing an instrument become playing music? McLaughlin isn't thinking of riffs and shred techniques. Are you kidding? Rather, notice how he builds towards 1:00--where invocation is achieved. You obviously are clueless to the chord progression, but suffice to say he' s all over it in a masterful fashion. And really, do you suppose the extremely appreciative audience is somehow wrong? Is there anyone else of note you can mention who has suggested Shred Boy is something worth listening to--let alone really good?

Okay, McLaughlin is a guitar god and of course any comparisons to a uber-geek like Shred Boy are misplaced. But, here's a guy who has worked his way up in the Serious Guitarist world, and I highly recommend him as an example of a tele virtuoso who plays real music. He comes out of a solid country swing background but has moved on into some new areas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D9dSuoL ... re=related
Before God was, I am
mvscal
Blank

Post by mvscal »

By the way, Felchco what should be done with this creature? It can't survive in the wild and it has killed three people (well, two really) in captivity.

So? Your call. Please spare us your vague, arm wavy generalities and stick to the specifics here.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

arm wavy
:lol:

Nick, in terms of Tele guys, it's Danny Gatton for me.