Bestest winter olympic sport.

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Re: Bestest winter olympic sport.

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Dr_Phibes wrote:But try and keep things in perspective.
Ok. We have Ryan Miller. You do not. There's your perspective.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote: Drank seven FREE molson canadians at the embassy! I was riding those fucks all night. ALL NIGHT BABY!!
so, you've worked your way up from jizz mopper to embassy concubine.

i guess that's a promotion.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Mikey wrote:Russia vs. Jagr game
Solid take for a self-professed not hockey fan.

USA USA USA!!!!

Drank seven FREE molson canadians at the embassy! I was riding those fucks all night. ALL NIGHT BABY!!
True story...

Twenty years ago I had a project that required me and a co-worker to make a trip to Pittsburgh to meet with somebody from the electric utility there.

The hotel we stayed at was downtown, apparently pretty near the arena. When we arrived and got checked in it was late at night and we were hungry. There were very few places open at that hour with anyting to eat, and we ended up at some sports bar that, if I remember right, had several large rooms with lots of TVs. The bar that we sat at was one of those that's an enclosed rectangle with the bartender in the middle and seats all the way around.

So, we sat down and ordered beers and something to eat, and while we were waiting there some guy came in that seemed to attract a lot of attention. He was pretty young and my imaginative memory tells me that he had a smokin' babe under each arm and an entourage worthy of Mike Tyson. The truth probably was that he was there with a few friends and several happened to be worth a second look. They all sat down on the other side of the bar from where we were.

He did seem to attract some attention though, so I asked the bartender who he was. He looked at me like I must be some kind of foreigner or something and said "That's [insert sound like clearing throat here]". So I replied something like "oh yeah I should have recognized him [turn to friend and :meds: ]".

The next morning when we met our utility contact I described the event and the guy to him and he said that it must have been YammerYagger, who I, of course, had never heard of. He was a 19 year old rookie for the Pens and basically the talk of the town at the time. I later confirmed his identity through a picture in the local fishwrap. So I felt duly honored to have such a close brush with local fame and went home from the trip very satisfied with myself.

As a result, to this day, I've always known who Jaromir Jagr is. Along with The Great One, Bobby Hull, 1980 and Don Rickles, that's about what I know about hockey.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

that must have been about the time the whalers decided to beef up the penguin's roster with the ron francis trade.

holy shit did we get buttfukked in the mouf on that one. a decade later the penguins had a full trophy case and the whalers are playing in the fukking swamp in north carolina.

you're fukking welcome penguin fan. :x

as for my claim to hockey fame. i lived in the same town as the greatest player to ever strap on a pair of skates, gordie howe.

yeah, yeah, I know, wayne is the greatest, but, his skill set is not complete. gordie was nearly as good at scoring and stuff and could whip an entire line of gretzkys with one glove tied behind his back. dude was as famous for fighting as he was for scoring. there is even a gordie howe hat trick (goal, assist, ejection for fighting).

actually, penalty minutes for fighting was probably good enough as not too many folks got ejected for fightng back then as it would probably mean there would be nobody left to play.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Partied it up with Osgood and Draper at The Post Bar in Ferndale, MI years ago...even drank out of the Cup at their insistence!
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Mr T wrote:
The past 50 years...USA has 2 Golds and Canada has 1

The past 90 years...USA has 2 Golds and Canada has 8

Unless you were born before 1948, you shouldnt be claiming bode.
I'm just counter-boding your premature bode and maintaining an overall claim of bode. Olympics as 'the' tourney is a new thing, Canada/World cups were for the big boys. Watching the school nerd pluck up his courage to ask out the best girl in class in just unpleasant for everyone.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

JMak wrote:Partied it up with Osgood and Draper at The Post Bar in Ferndale, MI years ago...even drank out of the Cup at their insistence!

Contrary to what they told you - this
Image-
is not the Stanley Cup.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Dr_Phibes wrote:
Mr T wrote:

I'm just counter-boding your premature bode and maintaining an overall claim of bode. Olympics as 'the' tourney is a new thing, Canada/World cups were for the big boys. Watching the school nerd pluck up his courage to ask out the best girl in class in just unpleasant for everyone.

We (United States) are in no position to bump our gums about our (lack of) world achievements in hockey. Canada's overall resume speaks for itself. The only reason last was a big win for us was because it doesn't happen often and you are THE hockey nation. This would be like going to the World Cup in soccer and knocking off a world power in group play. The hard work is still ahead...we might see each other again on Friday in the semis...when it really counts.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Dr_Phibes wrote:
Mr T wrote:

Take 'em into the boards, Phibes!
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

The best thing about this thread are the crying game canoodians.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Dr_Phibes wrote:I'm just counter-boding your premature bode and maintaining an overall claim of bode.
The ole counter-bode...well played sir, well played.
Olympics as 'the' tourney is a new thing, Canada/World cups were for the big boys.
World Cup...you mean the world cup of hockey? Only two of those have been played and US won one of them.

The Canada cup...all I remember about those is canada crying because they lost and wouldnt let the USSR take home the trophy.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I think we'll see another World Cup before we see pros in the Olympics again. The IOC literally has put a gun to the NHL's head in demanding the pros. I think the NHL will step up to the plate and do their own WC so they can control TV and most importantly, cash in on their players participating in international competition.
kcdave wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:05 am
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
Derron wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:07 pm
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

The Russians got a lovely, cheap knock off to take home - 'Replica bode'

Not to be confused with England refusing to send the Ashes back to Australia on account of it would break on the way there - 'Toys out of the pram bode'

Here I'll write a book on it. 'American Hockey, The Glory Year. 1980 - 1980.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
You're Canada. It's hockey. You should never lose. Ever. That's like Spray losing at being fat. You pour fucking EVERYTHING into a single sport - so when you lose on your home ice to those "plumber" Americans, you can bet your ass you're gonna get *plungered* for it. Meanwhile, we'll continue to rack up the medal count...like we always do. Go eat a dickcicle, mountie humper.
This'll rack.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Dr_Phibes wrote:The Russians got a lovely, cheap knock off to take home - 'Replica bode'

Not to be confused with England refusing to send the Ashes back to Australia on account of it would break on the way there - 'Toys out of the pram bode'

Here I'll write a book on it. 'American Hockey, The Glory Year. 1980 - 1980.

It would go well as the prequel to 'Canadian Hockey, The Glory Year. 1996-1996.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

What an out-fucking-standing microcosm this thread is.

Little Sister is... well, being Little Sister.

In sports, ONE thing matters -- the fucking SCOREBOARD.

And when one of the spinoff Rome boards stated "If you claim it, it will come"... Fibs, they were joking... you get that, right?

So Fibs, I'm simply saying... look at that ol' SCOREBOARD, then STFU.

Better women, better weather, better food, better beer... it must be quite fucking painful that we've added "better hockey" to that list.

I'm not even much of a hockey fan, but I respect the sport. And the one halfway-decent thing your chunk of ice has ever come up with... well, we fucking took that from you as well. As much as it hurts, show a little fucking class, for chrissakes.

Stop whining. Stop making shitty beer. Stop talking with an accent that makes cerebral palsy sufferers laugh at you. Stop thinking that maple syrup is a valuable natural resource. Stop living in igloos. Stop insisting on living 3 blocks from the American border, while incessantly bitching about America. Stop stopping in the middle of American interstates to check out the sights... in fact, stop driving altogether. Stop thinking you grow decent weed. Stop thinking that crap you play is "football." Stop taxing everyone 110% of their income. Stop pummeling baby seals. Stop stealing our salmon. Stop thinking you're any less of a pain in our ass than the Mexicans.

In short, just stop being...

you.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I quite enjoyed that post.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

If Canada would happen to beat the USA in the medal round, I'll give them props. Why is it so difficult for Canadiens to give props now after yesterday's match?
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Mace wrote:Why is it so difficult for Canadiens to give props now after yesterday's match?
Because you are blowing things out of proportion.

You guys looked amateurish in your enthusiasm.

Just wait. It's coming, fuck-o's.
Why don’t you just STFU.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

And when one of the spinoff Rome boards stated "If you claim it, it will come"... Fibs, they were joking... you get that, right?
heh heh
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mace
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mace »

Martyred wrote:
Mace wrote:Why is it so difficult for Canadiens to give props now after yesterday's match?
Because you are blowing things out of proportion.

You guys looked amateurish in your enthusiasm.

Just wait. It's coming, fuck-o's.
Blowing things out of proportion? Didn't the USA win? What would be wrong with the Canucks just dropping in this thread and saying "props to team USA"? I realize that the medal round is what matters but yesterday's win does give the USA something of an advantage, so it was important in that regard. So what if a few guys drop in here and blow their horns a bit after the USA pulls off an upset? It's not like you guys wouldn't be doing the same if Canada had won....even though you were the favorite. This win pales in comparison to the 1980 win over the USSR, imo, but a big win all the same.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

Dinsdale wrote:What an out-fucking-standing microcosm this thread is.

Hang on -

This more of a dear old dad thing, rather than a little sister whingeing. It's a lesson you should have been taught a long time ago but weren't, seeing as you managed to muck up the family values thing.

It has to do with dignity and humility, claiming 'SCOREBOARD', when the thing hasn't even been plugged in yet is folly. In a sport where you have a long, tedious history of suckage, it's generally a bad idea to stick your chest out and large it before the medal round. The whole 'little engine that could' routine is boring and played out.

And I'm not going to lie, there are a great many things to admire about the States.

Your ability to stay out of the passing lane is a triumph. It's your crowning cultural achievement, I wish everyone did that - honestly.

I will apologise for hugging the border, but it's the least cold place, there's nowhere else to go.

I have been into the heart of the beast quite a few times and most of the food is pretty good. It's expensive, but you don't get ripped off on portions. If I lived there, I'd probably be a giant fat cunt like everyone else.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dr_Phibes wrote: Your ability to stay out of the passing lane is a triumph. It's your crowning cultural achievement, I wish everyone did that - honestly.
I don't even know what that means, but I'm going to Rack! it anydamnway.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Canada had an easy time working the puck around the offensive zone because the US let them.
I was actually going to to join in the best bets activity here at good ole T1B...The guy that runs that contest is a fucking prick
You are truly one of the worst pieces of shit to ever post on this board. Start giving up your paycheck for reparations now and then you can shut the fuck up about your racist blasts.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dr_Phibes wrote:In a sport where you have a long, tedious history of suckage
Mr T wrote:The past 50 years...USA has 2 Golds and Canada has 1
When was the last time one of your rag-tag outfits won a championship, anyway?

About 17 years?

Hell, an expansion team from a state known for cousin-fucking and a disdian for education has one the Cup MUCH more recently than any of your pathetic teams... because none of the good players want to live in your shithole.

Pipe down, Upper Mexican.

Not sure which part of "SCOREBOARD" you didn't uderstand, but I'll clarify...

We have it, you don't.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Dinsdale wrote:What an out-fucking-standing microcosm this thread is.

So Fibs, I'm simply saying... look at that ol' SCOREBOARD, then STFU.

Better women, better weather, better food, better beer... it must be quite fucking painful that we've added "better hockey" to that list.

I'm not even much of a hockey fan, but I respect the sport. And the one halfway-decent thing your chunk of ice has ever come up with... well, we fucking took that from you as well. As much as it hurts, show a little fucking class, for chrissakes.

Stop whining. Stop making shitty beer. Stop talking with an accent that makes cerebral palsy sufferers laugh at you. Stop thinking that maple syrup is a valuable natural resource. Stop living in igloos. Stop insisting on living 3 blocks from the American border, while incessantly bitching about America. Stop stopping in the middle of American interstates to check out the sights... in fact, stop driving altogether. Stop thinking you grow decent weed. Stop thinking that crap you play is "football." Stop taxing everyone 110% of their income. Stop pummeling baby seals. Stop stealing our salmon. Stop thinking you're any less of a pain in our ass than the Mexicans.

In short, just stop being...

you.
easily dins' best post evah.

bravo
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote:Pipe down, Upper Mexican.
:lol:
R-Jack
Non Sequitur Legend

Post by R-Jack »

Stay calm Marty. New England is sending some window shades up north.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Whatever.

Enjoy your bronze.
Why don’t you just STFU.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Martyred wrote:Whatever.

Enjoy your bronze.
We will... it will suck to see Russia and Finland above us the podium but I can live with that since we still have scoreboard on the seal clubbers.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Shut the fuck up, soccer fan. We're not settling for anything less than gold. Take your bronze and shove it up your ass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

The American Women against the Nanook Men is probably a better matchup.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Phibes wrote:I have been into the heart of the beast quite a few times and most of the food is pretty good. It's expensive, but you don't get ripped off on portions. If I lived there, I'd probably be a giant fat cunt like everyone else.
:applause:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

watching the chicks play hockey tonight.

kinda like a slow mo instant replay of last night, with different color unis and ponytails.

do the chicks ever put anybody through the boards? i could deal with the slowness, if they'd just mix in a little violence.

watching a couple chicks wrassling around on the ice while attempting to pull the others jersey over her head, would get some ratings as well.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

anybody get a looks at the canuck chicks bulldyke coach?

holly jesus!!!

bet she could take on the entire "mens" international figure skating contingent.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I think that the main significance of the US win is that it forces the syrup-chuggers to play an extra game, I believe it’s 4 games in 6 days, while the US gets a bit more rest. There’s no doubt that the moose-humpers have the most talent, but the shootout game against the Swiss should have been their wake-up call. Apparently they just hit the snooze button.

They may indeed regroup and get the gold, but it’s not going to be easy. I heard Don Cherry talking about the Canuck team yesterday and he said they need to sit Brodeur and stop trying to skate four lines. Crosby and Nash only skated 16 to 17 minutes apiece (Stills didn’t even dress).

And if Ryan Miller stays that hot, Canada and everyone else is fucked.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Goober McTuber wrote:(Stills didn’t even dress).
Stephen Stills? Jesus. What planet were you born on?

Solid hockey take from a nut-less, sperm-belching fuckstick. You won't beat your arch-rival (despite what Canadian bacon eating Loonies tell you) when you wait until the third fucking game to even start trying. Brodeur should have never started over Luongo, that decision was based on old-time Hockey Canada politics. Babcock and Yzerman should have sacked up from the beginning and made the tough call, but they're both old-time players from back in the day with Brodeur and they didn't want to hurt his feelings.

Miller does just fine with a heavy workload. Nothing but gold is acceptable for the U.S. Suck on that, Bryan Adams fans.
Last edited by Screw_Michigan on Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

How does Canuduh only have ten total medals? I realize you're population-challenged since nobody wants to fucking live there, but seriously, you're one giant clump of snow & ice. How do you suck so badly at winter games?

And at least one of those medals came from an American skier, who wasn't eligible to compete for team U.S.A.
Screw_Michigan
Angry Snowflake

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Dinsdale wrote:Nanook Men
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Shoalzie wrote:Double hockey 'bode on Canada this year...we got them in the World Juniors too! :mrgreen:
Didn't the U.S. win the U-18 World Championship as well?
Dreams......Temporary Madness