Super Bowl XLIV predictions

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff
2023/24 3BB Champion, 2022/2023 3BB CoChampion

Super Bowl XLIV predictions

Post by Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff »

as much as I have been pointing out all year how lackluster the Saints running game is, the Colts' may suck even worse. I was actually VERY surprised, though, to see them run it effectively enough to balance things out against the Jets. I think the fast track in Miami helps Indy because of how quick that defense is. It's an underrated, sort of "no name" D that gets it done.

My favorite part about this week is Gregg Williams talking shit. Aren't you susposed to have a good defense to start making threats? :lol: These bums can't cover any receivers and are mediocre at stopping the run.

At the end of the game, I promise that all of you and every other fan will have a feeling of being cheated. Cheated in the sense that this should have been IND-MIN in the Super Bowl. Instead, we are following back-to-back exciting Super Bowls with a dud. This is all because of the refs feeling sorry for the Saints and pity-fucking them to Miami. The Cowboys and Vikings would both be better matchups for the Colts. Instead, we get to see the most fraudulant team in recent memory go chase their dumbass "destiny" for the "who dat nation" :jo: :meds:

While I cannot wait to see them get bitch slapped, I will feel robbed at the end for not being allowed to see the best possible matchup.

IND 41 NO 24
Joe in PB
2008 / 2009 JAFFL Champ

Re: Super Bowl XLIV predictions

Post by Joe in PB »

Indy - 27

NO - 20
Butkus didn't wear an earring.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Colts 45
Aints 30
Go Bucs, Gators
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

For once, YAFJ will be right.

Colts 34
Saints 23
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:
At the end of the game, I promise that all of you and every other fan will have a feeling of being cheated. Cheated in the sense that this should have been IND-MIN in the Super Bowl.
Can't disagree with that. In fact, I felt that way a week ago.

But I'll watch anyway and I'll fucking like it.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Colts 31
Saints 21

MVP: Manning (yeah, big stretch...I know)
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Jsc810 wrote:YAFJ's predictions have sucked so far...
yes, but the rule of broken clocks is about to strike midnight on your Cinderella team and they will go back to being a pumpkin.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

This won't be that close, imo, and I hope I'm wrong, as I'd like for N.O. to win.

Manning with 4 TD passes - MVP

Indianapolis - 37
New Orleans - 22
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

mvscal wrote:If Dwight Freeney isn't at or about 100%, it's going to be a loooong fucking day for the Colts D and a nail biter assuming you actually give a fuck about either team. There will be huge pressure on both offenses to score touchdowns on every possession. Playing for field position and settling for field goals isn't going to get it done.

Since I utterly loathe the Taints, the inbred douche dribbles of "Who Dat nation", the shitty of New Orleans and the pathetic, fucked up state of Looosiana, I'm going to have to pull for the Colts.
Didn't you pick the Saints to lose both of their playoff games? Predicted the outcome of NFL games doesn't seem to be your strong point.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:If Dwight Freeney isn't at or about 100%, it's going to be a loooong fucking day for the Colts D and a nail biter assuming you actually give a fuck about either team. There will be huge pressure on both offenses to score touchdowns on every possession. Playing for field position and settling for field goals isn't going to get it done.

Since I utterly loathe the Taints, the inbred douche dribbles of "Who Dat nation", the shitty of New Orleans and the pathetic, fucked up state of Looosiana, I'm going to have to pull for the Colts.

I'm pretty sure Freeney won't be anywhere near 100% and yet I still think there is enough talent on that D-Line to put some pressure on Brees without a blitz. That being said I think both teams are putting up points on Sunday because of how good each QB is.

Colts 35
Saints 31
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Assuming Freeney is a liability with his grade 3 sprain, I'm calling the Saints in a shootout.

Saints 42

Colts 35
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Colts win in a squeaker.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:For once, YAFJ will be right.

Colts 34
Saints 23
GAAAHHH! I should've known better. The curse of YAFJ strikes again.

Can't wait to hear the rationale of how a "fraud" team won the SB. :lol:
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Can't wait to hear the rationale of how a "fraud" team won the SB. :lol:
I'm sure it will go something along the lines of blaming the Colts for not running the ball enough. And then he'll claim that the Saints were lucky because Freeney's ankle acted up in the 2nd half and also probably demonstrate his absolute lack of understanding of what constitutes a catch by complaining about the 2 pt conversion call reversal.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

We had so much food to digest I actually fell asleep during the halftime show (Thank God, the Who blow) and woke up after the Saints scored after the onside kick. Bleh game overall.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Racks go out to JSC, Python & PrimeX for obvious reasons
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Can't wait to hear the rationale of how a "fraud" team won the SB.
They are a fraud team. I was watching the game knowing from the start that they didn't belong there. The game against Minnesota where the refs led them down the field in OT ....that alone and of itself makes this title illigit.

But as far as the actual game went, more bullshit beginning with the onsides errrr OFFSIDES kick where a Saints player was beyond the ball before the kickoff plus the ball only went eight yards.

I also got a kick out of the official making up shit as he went on that review of the 2-point conversion. "On the 2nd act..." huh??? I looked at everyone at the party I was at and said "WTF is a second act?" Completely improvised. Plus, the ruling on the field was incomplete, and you need clear evidence to overturn. Instead, the the official just went into the booth completely neglecting that is was ruled incomplete and that he has to judge it accordingly. But he didnt....he went in with the thinking of "If I see anything remotely CLOSE to what looks like a catch, I'm overturning this bitch." It's indicative of all the replay reviews for the Saints all year- when in doubt, give it to the Saints because this is their year of destiny and stuff.

And then there's the play everyone refuses to talk about....when Will Smith blocked Peyton Manning in the back on the INT return. I saw that and pointed it out to everyone at the party and they were like "holy shit you're right Yer." The officials had their pockets greased for the second straight game for this pathetic fraud team. But it's ok...what a cute little team of destiny and inspiration and making people feel better about their shithole city. Dallas popped the living shit out of these jokers in the Superdome and belonged in Miami vs. the Colts. Dallas or Minn, but not the Saints.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

This YAFJ dude makes me seem rational.

the truthanator
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

YaFJ wrote:I also got a kick out of the official making up shit as he went on that review
That's part of the flavor of the sport.

Don't struggle with it.
Lay back and enjoy it.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote:They are a fraud team.
Any more than you are a fraud prognosticator?
Python
Elwood

Post by Python »

Jsc810 wrote:Today has been declared Dat Tuesday
For the love of God, stop with all the "Dat" garbage. Everyone sounds like a bunch of goobers.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Jsc810 wrote::lol:

OK, I finally get it. m2:BTPCF = YAFJ:NFL
YAFJ was the MLB board bitch as well. Pretty much for the same reason he sucked ass on this thread. Check out his season and playoff predictions for the '09 baseball season. He couldn't have been more wrong on all accounts.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

It's not even about his being wrong. Everyone gets picks wrong. It's about his wild-assed assertions and reasons for being wrong, along with his slobbering myopia. As well, the excuses he can always be counted on to make are m2-esque.

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Van wrote:It's about his wild-assed assertions and reasons for being wrong, along with his slobbering myopia. As well, the excuses he can always be counted on to make are m2-esque.

Yeah, it's called Trolling 101. :doh: Good lord...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

So what? He's being compared to m2, and when did it become off-limits to comment on trolls and trolling?

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:...when did it become off-limits to comment on trolls and trolling?
Never, and if YAFJ is a troll, and I'm not convinced that he is, then he's damn good at it.

Btw, the review and reversal of the 2 point conversion was the correct call. Ball crossed the plane of the goal-line before he was down or lost control = good call.

Congrats again to the Saints and all their fans. I'll even put up with that Who Dat nonsense... for awhile.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

The reversal on the two-point conversion was indeed the correct call. Also, following the onside kickoff, the ball was first touched by a Colt, so it doesn't matter that it hadn't traveled ten yards.

Troll or not, YAFJ's complaints about those calls have no merit.

As for the Who Dat? hysteria, BFD. Those people have had to wait forever before they could truly celebrate their Saints, and they've gone through more horror than any U.S. city in recent memory, so I won't begrudge them even a lifetime of goober sayings. Those fuckers earned it.

Enjoy it, New Orleans. Enjoy it any way you want.

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Van wrote:The reversal on the two-point conversion was indeed the correct call. Also, following the onside kickoff, the ball was first touched by a Colt, so it doesn't matter that it hadn't traveled ten yards.
Also, it was recovered on the 42 yard line. I'm pretty sure that the NFL is still doing kickoffs from the 30 yard line these days. Furthermore, the Colts player who touched the ball was standing at the 45 yard line when the ball hit him.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

War Wagon wrote:I'll even put up with that Who Dat nonsense... for awhile.
I "put up" with it by not telling them to go fuck themselves, but it was annoying as hell at the Super Bowl listening to all those adults walk around saying "Who Dat! Who Dat!" Fucking idiots.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

What's the origin of that, anyway? And don't the Bungals use some variant of that...Who Dey...or some shit? Holy freaking GOD I want to punch someone's face in right now.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mgo, it comes from the local saying, "Who dat, think dey gonna beat dem Saints?" (paraphrasing)

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:Mgo, it comes from the local saying, "Who dat, think dey gonna beat dem Saints?" (paraphrasing)
Actually, it's "Who dat dere gonna beat dem Saints? Who Dat? Who Dat?"

It was cute for awhile, when they were getting beat.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Van wrote:Mgo, it comes from the local saying, "Who dat, think dey gonna beat dem Saints?" (paraphrasing)
Ahh. So it's a black thing.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

As Goobs once said, nice sense of humor you got there, Corky.
Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff

Van wrote:The reversal on the two-point conversion was indeed the correct call. Also, following the onside kickoff, the ball was first touched by a Colt, so it doesn't matter that it hadn't traveled ten yards.
I will concede the onsides ruling but on the 2 point conversion, there wasn't enough evidence to overturn the ruling on the field. I agree that it was close, but if the ruling on the field is incomplete, then you have to have visual evidence to overturn the call on the field. They didn't do that- instead they just looked at it and said, "if this is close, we're GIVING this to New Orleans after all they've been through and shit."

No touching the illegal block in the back on Manning, I see. Just let that one go I guess. Its DESTINY. :meds:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

YaFJ wrote: "if this is close, we're GIVING this to New Orleans after all they've been through and shit."
lol
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

The reversal on the two-point conversion call was a no-brainer. He clearly caught the ball and held it across the plane of the goal. Then he loosened his grip on it before tightening his grip again, and all of it was across the goal. There was no way they weren't going to reverse that call, not after they saw where the ball was in relation to the goal. Whatever happens after the ball crosses the plane of the goal is moot.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Yer a Fuckin Jerkoff wrote: No touching the illegal block in the back on Manning, I see. Just let that one go I guess.
Yeah, because everyone knows what a great open field tackler Peyton is.

That non-call certainly changed the outcome of the game.

Seriously, if you want to blame this loss on anyone, blame Reggie Wayne for playing like shit and Peyton for trying to throw to him. On that fateful INT, Wayne ran a horrible route. Nobody mentions that.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Van wrote:The reversal on the two-point conversion call was a no-brainer. He clearly caught the ball and held it across the plane of the goal. Then he loosened his grip on it before tightening his grip again, and all of it was across the goal. There was no way they weren't going to reverse that call, not after they saw where the ball was in relation to the goal. Whatever happens after the ball crosses the plane of the goal is moot.
Doesn't the player need to demonstrate control of the ball after he goes to the ground?

In week one - Oakland v. SD - a clear Louis Murphy TD catch was overruled because he didn't maintain possession of the ball (they said) after he went to the ground in the end zone.

He CLEARLY caught the ball, and had crossed the plane of the end zone, but the ball "squirted" a bit after he went to the ground.

The NFL suits maintained that it was the correct call (it's always correct when Oakland is taking it up the shitpipe) because a player must show control of the ball even after hitting the ground, and even IF he has crossed the plane of the end zone.

What do you think?

Did you see the Murphy play, by chance?

I'm just askin'.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

pop, the player for the Saints reached across the line with the ball while maintaining full possession of the ball. Score, right then and there. He'd already established possession of the ball.

In Murphy's case, their contention was that he never had possession of the ball, because he never completed the catch. In the case of the two-point conversion, he caught the ball, reached over the goal with it - score! - then it got kicked loose.

Yes, I saw the Murphy play, and like the TV announcers calling the game I thought it was a total horseshit call. I heard the ref's explanation for the call, and like the TV announcers who also heard it I still thought it was a horseshit call.

Kinda like the Tuck Rule call.

Basically, ever since the Dave Casper and Mark Van Eeghen plays, the Raiders have been getting hosed in retaliation by the karma gods. :lol:

Hell, I'm still waiting for the karma gods to pay back Dallas for that Drew Pearson play against the Vikes when Pearson clearly pushed off, and they called it on the Vikings' defender.