Snowstorm

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Snowstorm

Post by PSUFAN »

Pittsburgh is getting shelled right now. We had rain for most of the afternoon - then the temp dropped, and now we have ice with is being covered rapidly by heavy, wet snow. Every tree and every power line is carrying a lot of weight.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Re: Snowstorm

Post by PSUFAN »

Go don a powerline necktie, nimrag.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Running out of places to put the freakin' snow when I shovel.

Screw_Michigan - Great Falls in - well - Great Falls, VA should be killer looking as this stuff melts. At least back in the 1990's when there was a bunch of snow in the area and Northwest of us it was.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

PSUFAN wrote:Pittsburgh is getting shelled right now. We had rain for most of the afternoon - then the
temp dropped, and now we have ice with is being covered rapidly by heavy, wet snow.

:jtr: :jtr: :jtr: :jtr: :jtr: :jtr: :jtr: :jtr: :jtr: :jtr:
Roger_the_Shrubber
Back-o-Matic

Post by Roger_the_Shrubber »

Wow! What a straight line.

Anyway. You Northern types take care! I can't even imagine that crap falling out of the sky for that long, and that much.

Be safe and warm!
What were we just talking about?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Raining here, and the temperature is dropping.

By morning it should be...rain
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Snow accumulation in my town is probably 18-20 inches but some of the snow drifts are much higher.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

A frigid high of 65 today...horribly overcast.
Go Bucs, Gators
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Hatches barrened. Cali is U & Lish for a day.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

65º and blue skies right now here in Fort Myers. Keep driving south till you don't see any more of these:

"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Screw_Michigan wrote:We're about to break record snowfall here in DC. Nobody fucking cares about you weather pussies in Shittsburgh.
I'd be happier with 60 inches of snow than any kind of ice storm. Snow *usually* doesn't knock out your power.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Screw_Michigan wrote:We're about to break record snowfall here in DC.
Couldn't have come at a better time. I was in Panama City, FL, Thursday and scheduled to fly back to DC yesterday, then fly out Mon to NOLA. But with the snow forecast, I was concerned I'd have trouble getting both in and out of DC over the next few days, so I took one for the team and decided to forgo going home for the weekend, instead driving to NOLA yesterday. Besides being Super Bowl weekend, Mardi Gras celebrations have already begun, so being here this weekend isn't sucking too bad. Did some partyin' last night with some friends, and gonna see Anders Osborne play at Bon Temps tonight. Laissez bon temps roulez!
"I see everything twice!"
Stanley Pickkkle

Post by Stanley Pickkkle »

Hey Smackie,

I hope you plan on calling Chip when you get to NOLA for another mini troll stop. It would be interesting to compare your recent pictures from the ones years ago to see the effects of drugs on your drug addled body.

Perhaps, you can show pictures of your needle track marks and Chip can show his lastest surgery incisions. It will be a hoot.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Jsc810 wrote:What is this snow that you speak of?

:P
I hope a hurricane buries your city once again.. :twisted:
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Stanley Pickkkle wrote:Hey Smackie,

I hope you plan on calling Chip when you get to NOLA for another mini troll stop. It would be interesting to compare your recent pictures from the ones years ago to see the effects of drugs on your drug addled body.

Perhaps, you can show pictures of your needle track marks and Chip can show his lastest surgery incisions. It will be a hoot.
Maybe you can show up and contribute pictures of Tyrone's junkyard - i.e. your colon.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

I see Screwy doesn't understand what "usually" means. Even so, the cleanup after a proper ice storm dwarfs that of even a record snowfall.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Was 60 and sunny yesterday -- cooler today.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Son and his wife live at Quantico....sent me a picture this morning of 15 inches of unplowed snow in the street by their house.

Yesterday was a great Feb day for the U & L. Sat out in the sunshine for a bit, then went flying with a friend...the old stomach did OK...just the takeoff and landing from that farm strip on tundra tires was a bit rough.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I spent all morning shoveling. 87,000 folks are without power in WPA. PA has declared a state of emergency, driving is unlawful for everyone but first responders. Of course, the roads are full of douches spinning wheels, slamming into parked vehicles, generally getting stuck.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

PSUFAN wrote:I spent all morning shoveling. 87,000 folks are without power in WPA. PA has declared a state of emergency, driving is unlawful for everyone but first responders. Of course, the roads are full of douches spinning wheels, slamming into parked vehicles, generally getting stuck.
I could say I sort of miss Pittsburgh in the winter... except I don't. :waz:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:...the cleanup after a proper ice storm dwarfs that of even a record snowfall.
Ain't that the truth. I have limbs dangling way up high in trees in the backyard that are there from an ice storm 3 years ago. They fall periodically, bits at a time, whenever the wind gets up and yep, I'm still cleaning them up.

An ice storm is particularly devastating in areas where they don't get them often, like Memphis.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

PSUFAN wrote:I spent all morning shoveling. 87,000 folks are without power in WPA. PA has declared a state of emergency, driving is unlawful for everyone but first responders. Of course, the roads are full of douches spinning wheels, slamming into parked vehicles, generally getting stuck.
You live in Western PA and you don't own a snow-blower? Officially we had 26 inches of snow, though I plowed my way through drifts that were easily 3 feet high. I concur with you on the douche bags driving around in their honda civics thinking a plowed road means no ice.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

we've had a cold as hell, but, relatively dry winter thanks to you M&R fukks bogarting all the white stuff. We did have one big storm that shithammered the coast, but gave us little more than a dusting inland. overall, been a good winter for ice skating or ice fishing.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

jiminphilly wrote:
You live in Western PA and you don't own a snow-blower?
Now you've done it.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

No need whatsoever for a snow blower. Snow plow, mebbe - but I have very little sidewalk, and my garage opens onto an alley that has to be last priority for the Public Works plow. I shoveled the walk on our whole block - and extricated several cars for older neighbors.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

img:picture of the ArcticBlast X32009G Version 2.13 With Polymer 30 inch Cutting Blade and Sweeet Sweet Curve:img

This is my shovel. There are many like it but this one is mine.

My shovel is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.

My shovel, without me, is useless. Without my shovel, I am useless. I must push my shovel true. I must shovel cleaner than the plow truck that continues to block me in.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

verrah nice, Tom.

I had to retire my old shovel with the broken handle... I've done more shoveling this winter than the last 5 combined.

We're supposed to get hammered with a major snow storm on Monday, just in time to drive to work in while nursing a SB hangover.

And guess what East Coast slobs? It'll be headed your way after it gets done wiping its cock on our drapes. It'll probably seem like sloppy 2nds after what you've just had.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Not sure.

In Prince William County, I've heard numbers 24-30 inches. Powers out down the street from me so I'm bracing myself.

I have some pics and a video on my phone, I just need to get around to uploading them and linking them.

It's funny, when I'm actually out there, shovelling away ..... I'm in the zone man, fucking 18 again. My house, my car, helped a neighbor or three out and then went to the store for one of them too.

Then get home, have some red beans and rice, warm up, sit down for awhile and relax. Then I have to get up to go piss.

:lol:

I'm 40. And not a good 40.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

War Wagon wrote:verrah nice, Tom.

I had to retire my old shovel with the broken handle... I've done more shoveling this winter than the last 5 combined.

We're supposed to get hammered with a major snow storm on Monday, just in time to drive to work in while nursing a SB hangover.

And guess what East Coast slobs? It'll be headed your way after it gets done wiping its cock on our drapes. It'll probably seem like sloppy 2nds after what you've just had.

There are actually 2 systems which have to combine for it to become a major snow storm for us. The rain storms that Cali is currently getting will make their way to the Gulf, pickup a Keg of moisture before heading North East.. if it combines with the cold front, we're fucked. Again.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Got to like 67 today, clear blue skies. I was able to wash and wax the car, then sit by the pool, listen to some shit team miss free throws and drink some beers. Good times I must say. Currently wearing a short sleeve with the windows open and it's a buuuuurrrr 55 degrees right now.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

58º outside here, according to my super accurate digital thermometer. Going down below 50 for tomorrow morning. BRRRR is right, but at least I do not have to shovel anything. Colts by 10 points tomorrow.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Kind of a bad scene in PGH - I guess it could be worse. There are still lots of folks without power and water. The temp is now down in the single digits. I work for the city, and I have gotten a small taste of what a situation like this means for folks in public safety. There are trees down all over the city obstructing major roads, your normal smattering of fires that have to be gotten to and fought, and tons and tons of ice and snow to remove. Community centers throughout the city have been opened as warming centers for those without amenities - and those are lightly-staffed at best. We have been lucky in my neighborhood where power lines and trees are concerned, but everything's still covered in a lot of heavy snow.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

La Canada Weather Pussies here in the D & L only wished there was a blizzard today.
R-Jack wrote:
Yes, that just happened.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Tom In VA wrote: I'm 40. And not a good 40.
I guffawed.

:lol:
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

R-Jack wrote:
Yes, that just happened.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

'Bout 50 and overcast.

Saw the first broken buds of spring -- a lilac is kicking out some leaves already.

Lawns have been growing, and the sound of lawnmowers was in the air yesterday.

Life is good.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Day 1 of Post-Blizzard:

Built a snow-fort and trenches with my son. My front-yard looks like the planet Hoth.

Rack this thing:

for helping me create the trenches.

Also took both kids sledding and had a few snowball fights.

It doesn't get any better than that.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:'Bout 50 and overcast.

Saw the first broken buds of spring -- a lilac is kicking out some leaves already.

Life is good.
Salvias are starting to bloom here. Some of the stone fruit trees are budding now too.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Mikey wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:'Bout 50 and overcast.

Life is good.
Salvias are starting to bloom here. Some of the stone fruit trees are budding now too.
too bad there ain't enough shit growing in your neck of the woods to keep many yards from changing zipcodes. coupla ft of frost and big ass oak trees make me fairly sure my yards gonna be ther in the morning
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.