Best Recruiting Classes (based on teams' performance)

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

PrimeX
Koko B1

Re: Best Recruiting Classes (based on teams' performance)

Post by PrimeX »

Great story. My favorite part was;
Young got his revenge against Bush and the Trojans in the BCS title game with the most dominant individual performance in college football history.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That definitely wasn't my favorite part.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

good read. not sure, minus the Selmons and Joe Washington, that i'd go with 72 OU. hard to argue against it since that class won back to back MNC's in 74 and 75. outside Jimmie Harris and Claude Arnold (Bud W. era QB's), no OU QB has had the kind of success that Davis had....but Davis was a 3rd teamer by most accounts who the "light" went on one day. not a heralded recruit despite being an ordained minister from Sallisaw, OK. there are a lot of OU peeps who think the 74 team was the best OU team ever. they have some scary D stats....like averaging forcing 5 turnovers a game. averaging. an no one is running the spread in 74 and throwing it 50 times a game. and then there's the story that Lee Roy Selmon was blocked off his feet twice in 3 years according to the OU film study assistants at the time.

but i'd say the 82 or 83 class Switzer had coming off two mediocre 7/8 win seasons when his job was on the line for real--the old time Wilkinson players/donors were ready to run him off--that set of players go 33-3 in 85, 86, 87 playing for the NC twice and winning it once (and lose to UW in 84 Orange Bowl in a game that may have been for the NC and gives the BTPCF world the BYU NC, sorry guys!). all 3 losses were to Miami and beat a couple really, really good Nebraska teams. and if Holieway doesn't get hurt....
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Only had to go back to the 40's to find a good UM class :meds: .
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

tim tebow played for notre dame during the 40s?

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Believe the Heupel wrote:So the 1953 Oklahoma recruiting class that went undefeated in freshman competition, then went undefeated in three years of varsity competition doesn't even merit a mention?

Odd, that.
no old timey shit counts unless it's Notre Dame.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"