I'm having one of those days...

A forum for Shine to shine.

Moderators: Shine, indyfrisco

Katy

I'm having one of those days...

Post by Katy »

Where I'm lazy and do nothing. The kids were out of school for another snow day, which made the day even more lazy.

I'm so sick of snow. We're supposed to get even more. I cannot remember in a long time having a winter already this bad.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: I'm having one of those days...

Post by Wolfman »

I grew to hate winter. By the time the new year rolled around I was already sick of walking in, driving in, and shoveling snow, slush, and ice. Then I would really get depressed knowing it wouldn't really end until April if we were lucky. One Mother's Day we were getting up to go to church and I warned Mrs O. not to look out the window, We had 6 inches of snow !
It has been cold down here for a bit, but I can still go outside and travel without taking my life in my hands.We've been here over 8 years now, and I'll never move back north.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

It's been sunny, dry and warm around here since I got back from NY on 12/31. Went from snow and cold to 75 deg in the day and 47 at night. Every day and every night.

I'm sick of this shit. We're supposed to get some rain tomorrow, finally. Perfect for pulling weeds over the weekend.

The NOAA says a series of storms, possibly heavy, with cold(er) weather should start coming through next week. That would be cool. I like it when it rains here.
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

darn, it seems like only yesterday you were in love and on top of the world :D
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

darn, it seems like only yesterday you were in love and on top of the world :D
Katy

Post by Katy »

Dude, I am in love and on cloud nine. Top of the world? Hardly...largely because I'm afraid of heights.

Don't burst my bubble, guy.
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Think positively. Next year snow days will cease to exist.

For the record.. the schools in this area have zero snow days.

We have plows and stuff.. :D
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Snow plows ! Nothing like having one of those bad boys knock your mail box off the post and deposit it 50 yards down the road in a snow drift. Schools down here have "hurricane days" and the past year they did not have to use them. Unused ones cause the kids to get unexpected days off.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Political Operative
Crack Whore

Post by Political Operative »

Otis wrote:Think positively. Next year snow days will cease to exist.

Back when I was on the School Board, I would visit my school and the first things the little kids would ask me is, "Can you give us a snow day?" I laughed and told them that ultimately its the School Board Director and not the Trustees that can grant snow days.

Otis and Marty will recall the January 14, 1999 snowstorm when our Mayor at the time Mel Lastman called in the army to help with snow removal. I had 1 snow day back in the day, in 1993 (December 13th) and that was it.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Years ago some kid in my school got hold of the code that was needed when calling TV stations, etc. that the schools were closed. We had about 2 inches of snow and the kid called in and the stations told everyone there was no school today. Rack that kid. We never did find out who it was, and the code got changed right away and was made more secure.

Katy

Post by Katy »

Otis wrote:Think positively. Next year snow days will cease to exist.

That's a relief.

I guess it'll be lazy days with you unless you're at work.