Husker Du

RIP scritti.

Moderator: scritti

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Husker Du

Post by King Crimson »

was always a big SST guy and loved Land Speed, New Day Rising, Flip, and even Candy Apple.....in addition to Zen Arcade.

but, that was 20 years ago. i been rocking that stuff over the holidays in Oklahoma with my old vinyl collections.....and it's good stuff.

though, it's blasphemous a bit, i think the Grant Hart tunes are pretty cool. Mould is great, in his way, but maybe gets a little too much credit?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Re: Husker Du

Post by Rack Fu »

My fav band of all-time.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I think Hart's stuff is definitely integral to their overall greatness. To me, Mould never really seemed at home with the more hard-edged stuff. At any rate, Hart recently played here in PGH...and I fucking missed it!
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

PSUFAN wrote:I think Hart's stuff is definitely integral to their overall greatness. To me, Mould never really seemed at home with the more hard-edged stuff. At any rate, Hart recently played here in PGH...and I fucking missed it!
in 1986 i saw the Flaming Lips (back when they played guitars before the crooning/white suit stuff--now we are "Artists" stuff) open for the Huskers in OKC. Mould played an entire set of acoustic 12 string numbers. it was great; but, it wasn't what we came to see. it was uneasy being in the club crowd that night (OKC's venerable "the Bowery"). punk rockers were not happy.

the Flaming Lips were UNReaL back then, noise. smoke, 20 minutes of Interstellar Overdrive and Pipers at the Gates strange. now, pop songs. "what is drag it is getting old"....said one of rock's more luminary bands. side note, personal bitching. after Priest Driven Amb, i lost interest. happy for their success....but, meh.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"