Leach suspended, no statement from Aliens yet. (Leach Fired)

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Re: Leach suspended, no statement from Aliens yet.

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Dibbs on Leach.

Sincerely,

Wazzu
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Sudden Sam wrote:Any school who needs an OC should jump on him.
FTFY. Hate the dude but he can put a helluva offensive scheme on the field.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Poor Taco Tech. Now they'll be looking up to Baylor every year in the standings. They better get one hell of a recruiter to get kids to go to that shit hole of a town now without that run 'n shoot offense.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mangino is available.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Sudden Sam wrote:Any school content with going 8-4 every year should jump on him.
http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/di ... ecords.php

Taco Tech winning % all-time: .563
Taco Tech winning % under Leach: .661
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Couple of good seasons and Bama fan has it all figured out again after 3 decades of obscurity and suspension...

C'mon Sam...

8-4? 7-5?

http://www.texastech.com/sports/m-footb ... mstat.html
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

He gets the $800K regardless. This was a move because the admin can't stand him.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Accidents
Specifically manufactured to increase Sam's blood pressure
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Killian wrote:He gets the $800K regardless. This was a move because the admin can't stand him.
I thought he had to be employed on 12/31 to get the 800k bonus?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Maybe Adam James made all this shit up because his fat girlfriend made him?
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Sudden Sam wrote:Exactly what I said...

Leach averaged 8-4 each year at Texas Tech.

rozy, the difference being that Bama fans aren't content with less than challenging for national titles every year.
Where were they before Leach, and where have they been especially the last 3 years?

And, as Prime noted so eloquently, where will they be going forward?

Hey, he's no Meyer or Saban, but give the devil his due or he's liable to lock you in an electrical closet. :lol:
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Hey, I just thought you were underestimating him a touch, I NEVER said ANYTHING about him beating an SEC team... :mrgreen:
Killian

Post by Killian »

IndyFrisco wrote:
Killian wrote:He gets the $800K regardless. This was a move because the admin can't stand him.
I thought he had to be employed on 12/31 to get the 800k bonus?
He's still employed for 10 business days, taking him into 2010.

My guess is the "with cause" part reduced his payout.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
PrimeX
Koko B1

Re: Leach suspended, no statement from Aliens yet. (Leach Fired)

Post by PrimeX »

Rivals:
POTENTIAL CANDIDATES: Baylor coach Art Briles, Arizona offensive coordinator Sonny Dykes, Houston offensive coordinator Dana Holgorsen, Texas Tech defensive coordinator Ruffin McNeill.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

MSU - eight suspensions and two dismissals. I didn't think there was anything Tech could do to upstage that and make it all a mere footnote heading into the game, but I'll be god damned if they weren't up for the challenge.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

This does not shock me at all. Spoiled little fuck.

I am writing this letter on behalf of Mike Leach in regards to the Adam James situation. I was the inside receiver coach at Texas Tech when we made the decision the sign Adam James in January of 2007. Adam had no offers to play NCAA D1 football during and after his Senior year. After a conversation between Coach Leach and Adams father Craig, Coach Leach acquired a brief highlight tape of Adam and made the decision to take him as a scholarship student athlete. I was opposed to doing so in belief he was not a D1 football player. Coach Leach overrode my opinion and Adam became a Red Raider. During the rest of my time at Texas Tech I was Adams position coach where I always remained critical of Adams ability to play at this level due to being lazy in not only the classroom but also in the off season and during practice. Coach Leach was the one who kept saying he believed Adam would eventually contribute. Adams teammates believed he was selfish and were constantly getting onto him for lack of effort as they sensed entitlement on his part due to his father being a very good football player. Adam eventually ended up playing a little after I left due to his body type being able to do some TE sets which consists of around 5-10 plays a game. Adam should be thankful for the opportunity to play at Texas Tech and for Mike Leach, who gave him the opportunity. In my opinion playing 5-10 plays a game in an outstanding offense is more than he would get at any other school in NCAA D1 football.

Dana Holgorsen
OC & QB's
University of Houston

These e-mails were forwarded to CBSSports.com on Tuesday. They include messages from strength coach Bennie Wylie, inside receivers coach Lincoln Riley, former assistant coach Dana Holgorsen (now at Houston) and former players Eric Morris, Graham Harrell and Rylan Reed ...
http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/ ... titialskip
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Adam, I'm telling you this for your own good, that's the worst fuckin' sweater I've ever seen. That's a Cosby sweater. A Cosssssssby sweatah!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Seems pretty apparent that the TT admin used this incident as an excuse to dump Leach and save some $$$.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote:My point being that his crap doesn't work in the SEC for an extended period. The defenses catch up too quickly.
:meds:

at what point do we stop calling you a ball-sucking homer? you have an entire cock jammed down your throat.

Defense is how you sustain a winning program. Not gimmick offenses.
what other slogans do you regard as actual thoughts? "gimmick offense" is a term favored by neanderthals who rue strategic thought because it's a far more easy, understandable world when you can just have 350 lb linemen sit on the other team's defense.

recruiting top talent is how you sustain a winning program since you have to play both offense and defense to win games. what's the point of having bud foster coach your defense if you're going to just throw a vatech offense out there? or if terrell pryor is your qb?

coaches like leach "only" go 8-4 at historically piss poor institutions because they only have 10ish four-stars to throw at everyone else's 70. they tend to favor offense because it's a lot easier to steal wins outscoring another team than it is hoping your undersized linebackers will somehow beat up on texas or oklahoma's 1800 lb offensive line.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Image

Adam, I'm telling you this for your own good, that's the worst fuckin' sweater I've ever seen. That's a Cosby sweater. A Cosssssssby sweatah!
i commend Leach for locking this faggot in a closet.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

M Club wrote: at what point do we stop calling you a ball-sucking homer?
January 8th, perhaps.

He's still trying to digest the total ass-raping Nebraska plunger fucked ASU with tonight and somehow spin that to Bama's benefit.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:Any school content with going 8-4 every year should jump on him.

SunCoastSooner wrote:

There was no sign of Kentucky slowing down before he left.
Yeah, the Wildcats were gonna dominate the SEC if he'd stayed.

:meds:

Yeah Spurrier didn't do shit in the SEC either. :meds:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:He chains up Craig James' kid? Bwahahahaha

And Craig James pulled some strings because JR wasn't getting the numbers he thought he would in that gimmick offense?
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

H4ever wrote:

And Craig James pulled some strings because JR wasn't getting the numbers he thought he would in that gimmick offense?
I drafted that sorry ass late as a sleeper for my fantasy-squad, dude kept on sleeping, least productive TTech wr I ever had.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

H4ever wrote:

Well, of course. But you can't see the humor in that?
Killian

Post by Killian »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Image

Rack the High Fidelity reset.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Adam James wrote:...and they stuffed me into a locker...and popped my suspenders...and called me fat boy...
PISC
Elwood

Post by PISC »

Damn that kid was just being abused in there. Like a POW or solitary confinement right?

James Family = TWATS!

Texas Tech has been real fun to watch and enjoy coming up through the ranks. I love that bullshit about not wanting any of this to happen. Bull fucking shit. Fucking pussies. His kid got told to sit in the corner and they are crying as if he was abused. If he was in such need of care then he should have been in the hospital. Sitting here or sitting there to make a point, gimme a break. Throw a tiger in the room with him or fire some baseballs at him with a pitching machine and you got something but this, fucking cry cry cry. That's America!

Fight on bitches, SC will be back!

Go Mizzo and VaTech - Long Live The Fade!
"If I could be compared to him (John Madden)...." Cris Collinsworth.
Uh, fucktard, don't EVEN think it fool. No chance, no way, no how. No fucking shit you'd be honored or whatever the fuck you said you'd be. He's great, you're not. No entertainment factor, no insight factor, just brown nosing, bullshit. Who's cock did he suck to make it this far?
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Sudden Sam wrote:You cannot sustain a winning program with a "Leach offense" in any conference that is stacked with big, fast defenses. Can't be done. Hasn't been done.
How'd Urban's "gimmicky" offense do in the SEC the last 5 years?
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:
Papa Willie wrote:The pussydom of Amerika continues.
Exactly. If you can't practice, you sit your broke dick ass down in the training room and rehabilitate your injury. Since you can't do much for a concussion and they can make you sensitive to light, it makes sense to turn off the lights.

Non-pussies would have taken the opportunity to grab some shut eye. Isn't rest the proper course of therapy for a concussion? Craig James and his worthless shit kid are sniveling, sack sniffing pussies.
Must have been quite a concussion if he couldn't figure out how the fuck to either open the fucking door, or turn on the fucking lights. Maybe he's just a natural dumbfuck
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

If said video can be validated then Leach isn't due any of his money. Neither is handling this well, but if a player is locked in any room the coach is deserving of firing with cause.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Pretty simple: As a university employee you don't get to lock an adult against his will in a room. That's called forcible imprisonment, or some such. The kid would've been well within his rights to bust down that door and beat Leach over the head with it. He's lucky that kid didn't knock him out.

Put it this way: Other than maybe Scarlett Johansson, would you allow anyone to lock you in a room? I sure as fuck am not allowing some coach to lock me in a room and leave me there.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

First off it is a horrible idea to leave a person with a a concussion alone.

Problem here is as Van stated. Leach is the coach, teacher and adult. No matter how much of an ass, baby, pussy, whatever label you want to call James, Leach has to act as the adult / teacher he is. There is nothing to be gained or some sort of lesson to be learned by locking a student athlete in a closet. This is just a vindictive play by Leach. How does he explain this to the team? If you are injured we are going to treat you as if you are a common criminal? Just as you can no longer with hold water from players during practice you can't lock them in a closet alone for a couple of minutes let alone more than an hour.

I don't have kids so I don't know how I would react if I were in the same situation as Craig James. I do know though that if someone did that to my wife, or mom I would use every tool at my disposal to make them pay.

Would this be ok with a 2nd grader, 7th grader, 10th grader? Of course not so why would anyone think it is ok for a college student or anyone else for that matter?

I have asked a number of Tech fans around Houston to explain how it is ok to lock someone up. Their only answer is James is a Bitch, fag, pussy, and got what he deserved. They are saying a lot by their non answer.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Well, the story goes that he was locked in the room. You weren't locked in the room, in your example. Had you been, you wouldn't have allowed it. Had someone locked your child or your wife in a room, you would've hurt them.

That's the crux of it: Was the kid locked into a room, or was he merely instructed to do this or do that? If he was locked in the room, Leach is insane. I would've looked at him like he was out of his mind, had he told me that he was going to lock me in some electrical closet...for any reason whatsoever. I would've looked at him like he was out of his mind, then I would've said, "You first, asshole. I can assure you, if someone here is getting locked in a closet, it won't be me, doughboy."

Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Don't you mean "Pirate doughboy?"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:You cannot sustain a winning program with a "Leach offense" in any conference that is stacked with big, fast defenses. Can't be done. Hasn't been done. He didn't do it in the Big 12 fer crissakes.

I agree that his type of offense exists to "steal" a win here and there from teams with superior talent. I'm not condemning his style of O. It's a blast to watch.

But...I go back to that Cotton Bowl. Averaging 40 ppg, the Red Raiders scored their only TD against Alabama with less than 3 minutes to go. A good fast defense can take it apart. TT looked pitiful that day. Completely frustrated.

:meds: :lol:

Sin,
Steve Spurrier & Urban Meyer
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

You guys want to know who Leach is?

He is Tom Penders part two. All offense, zero defense. Pompus Ass that grates on those around him. Even those that start off as big backers want to see the act end. Took programs to new heights, but couldn't win the big one. Sent off to backwater nowhere.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

mvscal wrote:
Van wrote:That's the crux of it: Was the kid locked into a room,"
Not even a remote possibility. Note the complete absence of any teammates or assistant coaches coming to his defense or verifying his story.
Of course there's a possibility of it. The report I read yesterday detailed one of Taco's players - not James - completely throwing Leach under the bus over it.

To your point, where are those same players and assistant coaches coming to Leach's defense, to deny that James was in fact locked away? Shouldn't there be a public rallying around Leach by all his players, if James is making this shit up? Wouldn't there be a buttload of people saying, "James is lying. No way in hell he was locked in a room alone with a concussion. I saw the guy. There were people there, and he could get up and leave any time he wanted."

Like I said, the player who I heard quoted yesterday said it was "total bullshit" of Leach to treat a player like that, and he didn't mean that Leach didn't do it. He meant that Leach was total bullshit for doing it.

I don't know what happened. I only know that it's a pretty absurd allegation to make, if James is making it up. If it's strictly a matter of he said-she said, well, it'd be rather difficult to get away with firing Leach over it. There must be some reason the Taco Tech administration believes in the story enough to fire the guy over it, even knowing they'd be facing an immediate lawsuit by Leach.

I hope James is proven to be full of shit, though, when all is said and done. The way Leach is denying the allegations, the way he was reported to have completely blown off the 'investigation' attempts by the Taco Tech administration, it just seems to me that he may be telling the truth. This could all just be lingering resentment by the adminstration over last off-season's contentious contract negotiations; a convenient excuse to unload the guy.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Nobody there is directly saying James wasn't locked away. Regardless, I hope Leach is vindicated.