Leach suspended, no statement from Aliens yet. (Leach Fired)

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

PrimeX
Koko B1

Leach suspended, no statement from Aliens yet. (Leach Fired)

Post by PrimeX »

Texas Tech has suspended coach Mike Leach from all duties, including coaching the Valero Alamo Bowl, after receiving a complaint from a player and his parents.

"At Texas Tech, all such complaints are considered as serious matters, and as a result, an investigation of the incident is underway," the school said in a release. "The investigation into this matter will continue in a thorough and fair manner."

Defensive coordinator Ruffin McNeill has been named interim head coach and will coach the team against Michigan State in the Alamo Bowl.

The school received a complaint from the unnamed player and his parents regarding his treatment by Leach after an undisclosed injury.

The school declined further comment because it was considered a personnel matter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls09/n ... id=4776848

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumor has it, the player in question is Craig James' son, Adam.
Last edited by PrimeX on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: Leach suspended, no statement from Aliens yet.

Post by SunCoastSooner »

If they fire him ala Mangino style, Texas Tech will be at the bottom of the big 12 south in less than two years. Texas A&M will always steadily be at least a 5-7 type team which is good enough for 5th place most years and Baylor is definitely on the rise with their new coach and the athletes he is bringing in.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mangino'd.

Guilty until proven innocent.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

So it's going to be even more hilarious when MSU's d gets torched for 42 pts.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ESPN game announcers reporting that an injured player was locked in a dark equipment room for hours or some such.

Well, that's what you get for whining.

Rub some dirt on it next time, pussy.
DiT
Eternal Scobode

Post by DiT »

Craig James's kid allegedly.
jiminphilly wrote:
SaladTosser wrote:What's going on here?

A few of us are ruining some tube socks.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

It wouldn't have come to this if he would have stopped messing around with this fat girlfirend when Leach told him to.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:So it's going to be even more hilarious when MSU's d gets torched for 42 pts.
Yes, getting blown out becomes hilarious after a while.

Sincerely,
Iowa basketball fan/me (I may be the only one left. seriously!)
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

If you believe in the "rule of three" then expect Mike Stoops or Kevin Sumlin to be suspended any day now for waterboarding a placekicker or something.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

He chains up Craig James' kid? Bwahahahaha
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

btw, Craig James was set to announce this game. He has been pulled from the game.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Thank heaven for small favors.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

BTH wrote:Did you forget Leavitt?
Well, I was going with former Stoops assistants but point well taken.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

PSUFAN wrote:Thank heaven for small favors.
Call it a huge favor if that douchebrisket is booted from tceh.

Sin,
A&MFan
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
War Stoops wrote:
BTH wrote:Did you forget Leavitt?
Well, I was going with former Stoops assistants but point well taken.
Tie it to the Snyder coaching tree and there you go.
Fry coaching tree.........

Just sayin'.....
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

TheJON wrote: Just sayin'.....
not Mangino.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

King Crimson wrote:
TheJON wrote: Just sayin'.....
not Mangino.
Yeah, but nobody really wants to claim that fatass as one of theirs anyways.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Leach has brought TTech to another level and they're recruiting solidly on both sides of the ball now. Losing him definitely poses risk for Tech. Leach is in a bad spot, he isn't likely to get a good job any time soon with this hanging over his head. I think Tech will get Leach to buckle and say he was wrong then try to ride this out.

As far as potential replacements I see Sumlin, Briles, and Holtz. Maybe McNeil or Dykes if they want to go cheaper with a name Tech-fans are familiar with. I guess they could go darkhorse with a guy like Malzahn, it worked Leach.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote:Just think, Spray...

AU coulda had this guy. Y'all coulda been the laughingstock of the CFB world. With his popgun offense, no defense, win 10 games once a decade kinda team.

How long do yoou think he'd have lasted in the SEC? A week? A couple games?
you do know that Leach worked under Hal Mumme at UK. and Stoops hired Leach as OC after facing his O when BS was at UF...because he was so hard to defend and prepare for. so, the SEC ball-sucking here is a little forced imo....since you can easily make the argument that Leach proved himself *in the SEC* in order to get the OU OC job in 99. you would also need to demonstrate that AU "coulda had this guy"....Leach has (possibly until recently) shown little interest in leaving Lubbock. if you "coulda" had Leach at AU, then why hire a 3 win Gene Chizik from the same conference?
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote: Again, I was mostly just messin' with my Auburn pal.
i get ya. not probably your fave subject, but the Mountain West continues to pile up bowl W's. this year they are making the Pac 10 their bitch. too bad m2 isn't around to take his anal pounding (not really, and i'm sure he's got that taken care of anyhoo).
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Sudden Sam wrote: That said, the matchup with Texas is cool as shit. Two good teams (definitely not great) and two great programs with shitloads of tradition. And the Tide has never beaten Texas. I hope that's getting pounded into the kids' skulls to offset all this favorite BS.
whatever. if Bama gags this one, you are not going to like the world you create with a Texas BCS win.

trust me. i do think it will be a close game, however.

Roll Damn Tide.
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

mvscal wrote:
King Crimson wrote:you are not going to like the world you create with a Texas BCS win.

trust me.
Breathe deeply into the paper bag and stop hyperventilating. Texas has won championships before and the earth is still safely rotating on its axis. The sun still sets in the west and water is still wet.
as long as the expert bandwagon weighs in so reassuringly, blah blah blah.

one championship since the Beatles broke up. one championship with black players. you go girl.
"
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

If Leach isn't fired (and he shouldn't be), I wouldn't grant this kid his release if he is looking to transfer.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Leach apparently has a policy that he doesn't let kids transfer to other D1 Texas schools. Rumor has it Craig James and his kid have been pushing for a release to SMU, but Leach refuses. Sounds like the root of all of this.

I don't think Leach should be fired over this either, but the guy just seems all around pretty scummy to me.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: I don't think Leach should be fired over this either, but the guy just seems all around pretty scummy to me.
Yeah, he's the type of coach who has the 1st team offense out there late in the 4th, when the score is 63-6, throwing downfield trying to make it 70-6.

Real classy guy.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

they are defending Leach on the ATM boards. and the Aggies hate Leach. so, i'm willing to think Leach is OK on this one. there's apparently a Texas Monthly article that outlines douchey behavior from the younger James prior to this incident. now, there's also the fact that apparently a lot of Tech admins don't like Leach, so they may leverage the incident.

Leach also suggested last year that the Big XII tiebreak should be determined by graduation rate, so i don't think that painting him as a total win at all costs scumbag is entirely accurate.
"
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

War Wagon wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote: I don't think Leach should be fired over this either, but the guy just seems all around pretty scummy to me.
Yeah, he's the type of coach who has the 1st team offense out there late in the 4th, when the score is 63-6, throwing downfield trying to make it 70-6.

Real classy guy.
You rang?

Sin,
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

King Crimson wrote:they are defending Leach on the ATM boards. and the Aggies hate Leach. so, i'm willing to think Leach is OK on this one. there's apparently a Texas Monthly article that outlines douchey behavior from the younger James prior to this incident. now, there's also the fact that apparently a lot of Tech admins don't like Leach, so they may leverage the incident.

Leach also suggested last year that the Big XII tiebreak should be determined by graduation rate, so i don't think that painting him as a total win at all costs scumbag is entirely accurate.
As if graduating from Taco Tech were any great feat.

Leeches (bitter) new contract calls for an $800k bonus if he's still the coach on 12/31/09.

He's toast.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

War Wagon wrote:
King Crimson wrote:they are defending Leach on the ATM boards. and the Aggies hate Leach. so, i'm willing to think Leach is OK on this one. there's apparently a Texas Monthly article that outlines douchey behavior from the younger James prior to this incident. now, there's also the fact that apparently a lot of Tech admins don't like Leach, so they may leverage the incident.

As if graduating from Taco Tech were any great feat.

Leeches (bitter) new contract calls for an $800k bonus if he's still the coach on 12/31/09.

He's toast.
fair enough. graduating from a big public university is about the same anywhere. they get the money and rankings from post-grad research and alum donors....and 99 times out of 100 the alums are more social class repeats than rah rah. taking lecture hall classes with 250 other people and multiple choice exams from textbook classes are pretty much the same everywhere....
"
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

Paul wrote:You Rang?

Sin,

Get over it, cry-baby.

.9757 - .9298 = .0459 = Keep fucking playing.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Sudden Sam wrote:If the Tide was playing Cincy or Texas Christian or Boise State, I'd be shittin' bricks right now.
Sam, don't talk like that. It's shittin' rocks.

Sin,
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Sudden Sam wrote:Good grief. Buncha pussies. I still remember the bastard's name who coached me when I was 11 and 12 in Mobile. Tex Romano. Meanest sumbitch I've ever encountered to this day. Great coach, too. Sure as hell got my attention. We've all had coaches who were tough as shit. Little pussy kids today have been pampered and coddled by their mommies too much.
Who gave toejam Sam's password?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Fair enough...scumbag is probably too harsh. Something about him just doesn't sit right though. Shady, perhaps the better word.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

No, I think scumbag fits just fine, Mgo.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

AU coulda had this guy. Y'all coulda been the laughingstock of the CFB world. With his popgun offense, no defense, win 10 games once a decade kinda team.

Actually he lasted three years... the same three years that Mumme offenses worked... I wonder what the common denominator was there. Way to KYOA.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:

Actually he lasted three years... the same three years that Mumme offenses worked... I wonder what the common denominator was there. Way to KYOA.
Wow. Three whole years? :meds:

Wow... before he took a better job with Stoops and then the following year HC at Texas Tech. It's not like he got ran out of the SEC... he took a more prestigious job based on his performance those three seasons as an OC at Kentucky. Sam KYOAs a second time in the thread, congrats.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:My point being that his crap doesn't work in the SEC for an extended period. The defenses catch up too quickly.

Remember, his Tech offense had its ass handed to them by a mediocre Bama defense.

I may be wrong, but I don't Malzahn's offense at Auburn will be effective in a year or so.
:meds:

There was no sign of Kentucky slowing down before he left. Multiple DCs in the SEC all said that Kentucky and Florida were the two toughest teams to game plan for, both ran gimmick offenses. It worked for Florida for damn near a decade. KYOA III on this thread alone. I'm shocked you can walk with one foot on the ground and the other in your mouth about now.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Tech homer boards are in full melt mode saying there are reports that Leach has been fired.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

While I detest Mike Leach, it is obvious he was guilty until proven innocent in order to #1, fire him with cause and possibly get out of the big contract extension with less money owed and #2 fire him quickly before tomorrow so they save 800k.

Likewise, Leach probably knew he was going to get fired so he filed the restraining order so he could maybe drag it out until tomorrow for that 800k bonus.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Cool, now Tech can wear their pink uniforms for their bowl game.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.