Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Re: Urban gone?!

Post by WolverineSteve »

Just heard...wtf!!!

Why?

Another job? Where? What cfb would be a move up? NFL? Didn't think his style fit.

Health concerns?

Details will be available soon but what a schocker.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Citing health reasons...um, wow.
Go Bucs, Gators
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

I am personally taking charge of the relief effort to gather a semitruck load of heavy duty shower rods for all the jort wearers.
Please be kind and give til it hurts! :D
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

WTF?????? :o
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Reportedly, he just didn't think it would be the same without St. Tim.

By the way - Griese is still a massive fucking tool.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Health reasons, did not specify what they were.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Lewis is scary good.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Latest rumor is that it's a brain tumor. I know we all love to hate Florida, Meyer, Tebow, et al., but that would really suck. Thoughts go out to him & his family if true...
"Keys, woman!"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

TimTebow(tm) will fix it.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Brutal Truth: The only thing that will slow down Nick Saban is a stroke or heart attack. They don't call him Sabot for nothing.

Meyer saw the writing on the wall.

Florida has to be talking to someone about the vacancy, but who?
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Van wrote:TimTebow(tm) will fix it.
Classless, but that's about what I'd expect from your kind.

I hope whatever is wrong with Coach Meyer, he gets healthy and gets back to coaching ASAP.

Now the question is what does Florida do now?

Do they hire an interim coach and see if Urban can come back to coaching in 2011? Or do they not think Urban will ever make it back and go outside the program?

If they hire from within on an interim basis, it's gotta be Dan McCarney. I would love to see that. I would even bust out the 'ol Gator gear and support the Gators again if they did that.

Now, if they go outside the program you gotta figure the first call will be to Bob Stoops. Hire Stoopsy, and much like McCarney, I'm back to supporting UF.

If Stoops says no, then I think you go after Jon Gruden. It makes sense. He would clean house on the in-state recruits. If not him, then you go after Butch Davis.

The wildcard is, of course, The OBC. I would absolutely love to see The OBC back at UF. I just don't know if Jeremy Foley and Steve Spurrier could co-exist and then you have to factor in Spurrier's age.

I would say if Foley and Spurrier have gotten over their petty disputes, I would assume it's his job to turn down. If they haven't, then it becomes Stoops' job to turn down.

I would bet on one of the above coaches being Florida's head coach next year. I think Stoops is a possibility for sure.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Florida is already listing Bob Stoops as a possible replacement... for the third time. :lol: :meds:
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheJON wrote: If they haven't, then it becomes Stoops' job to turn down... I think Stoops is a possibility for sure.
Third times a charm? :meds:

He's already shot them down twice in the past.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

They need a big time proven coach. Maybe that that Ferenz guy. He sure has the trophies lined up in Iowa.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

campinfool wrote:They need a big time proven coach. Maybe that that Ferenz guy. He sure has the trophies lined up in Iowa.
Please don't pick on the milk farmers, it gives the product a pink tint when they go OTR.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

UF could look to Utah again.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

Wow...total shocker. I sincerely hope Meyer's health improves and he returns to coaching someday. He's a fantastic coach.

I don't see Stoops taking this job. To me, ND was a bigger threat. Seems like Dan Mullen or Charlie Strong are slam dunk hires.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

give it two days before we find out he was tigers' 13th mistress.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Health issues notwithstanding, Urban Meyer is the very last guy I'd ever want to see coaching at UCLA, along with maybe Nick Saban. That dude is scary good. Good to see him get out, rather than be carried out.

War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

On second thought...please take Muschamp.

:D
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

War Stoops wrote:On second thought...please take Muschamp.

:D
Good luck with that one. :wink:
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

His gay lover ran out of eligibility and cum knew he wasnt going to have another tebow next year so he left now knowing that he can parlay his record in to a larger payday elsewhere
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I'm not saying Stoop will take the job, I'm just saying I think it's possible. I have always thought Stoops loves being at OU but never really got the impression this os where he would retire. If the perfect job comes open I really could see him leaving. Now is different than before. The criticism of him has increased the last couple of years so this time I would not be surprised to see him at least listen to Foley if he calls. In 2001 he was a year removed from winning a national title and had just rebuilt OU so he wasn't going to leave. In 2005 he was still "Big Game Bob" and UF wasn't as attractive of a job as it is now. It was a lateral move back then. Now it's actually a small step up. Mack Brown is starting to take control of that series, he loses Bradford, and some OU fans are getting restless. So why not at least listen if Florida comes calling? Notre Dame is different. Had he gone to ND, he would have taken a major step down. I'm still hoping for Spurrier but I wonder about his age and relationship with Jeremy Foley.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheJON wrote:I'm not saying Stoop will take the job, I'm just saying I think it's possible. I have always thought Stoops loves being at OU but never really got the impression this os where he would retire. If the perfect job comes open I really could see him leaving. Now is different than before. The criticism of him has increased the last couple of years so this time I would not be surprised to see him at least listen to Foley if he calls. In 2001 he was a year removed from winning a national title and had just rebuilt OU so he wasn't going to leave. In 2005 he was still "Big Game Bob" and UF wasn't as attractive of a job as it is now. It was a lateral move back then. Now it's actually a small step up. Mack Brown is starting to take control of that series, he loses Bradford, and some OU fans are getting restless. So why not at least listen if Florida comes calling? Notre Dame is different. Had he gone to ND, he would have taken a major step down. I'm still hoping for Spurrier but I wonder about his age and relationship with Jeremy Foley.
Florida is a small step up?

Are you on drugs?...

Which school has more money to throw at a coach? I dare you to say Florida because there isn't a big 12 fan who can't point out to you Connoco/Phillips 66, Anadarko Energy, Kerr-McGee, Gaylord Media (the third largest media conglomerate in the country, and Oklahoma Gas and Electric (the country's third largest energy supplier) all help bank roll OU athletics.

Which school has more national titles?

Which school has more all Americans?

He loses Bradford and still has Landry Jones, Cam Newton is liely to be at OU now, and also Blake Bell (the countries #1 dual threat QB in the country coming out of HS). Scout has OU's recruiting class ranked #1 plus he has most of the defense returning from a team that finished 7th in the country in total D and 11th in scoring defense. Florida is losing virtually everything at the end of this season.

Mack isn't taking any more control of this series than what Bob had when he rattled off five straight wins against him. Mack has still yet to amass more than two in a row in the series.
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

Florida is verrry fertile recruiting ground.

OU has money but UF has lots of "stupid" money.

Besides, Cam Newton's coming to Auburn cuz he could start the bowl game if the NC2A would allow it. :hfal:
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Recent SI story said Urban had a tumor on his brain that wasn't going to take his life, but stress made him have unbearable headaches and pain. Got so bad that he couldn't see and had balance problems. The article seemed to indicate that he mellowed from his early coaching days with Earl Bruce, but maybe that no longer holds the pain back.

Thoughts and prayers.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

Thoughts and Prayers to go out to Urban, I always thought he was a great coach and respected him for beating our ass. Ah well, to hell with that! We're back baby! The 'Noles are back!!! Seriously laughing at gator fan...couldn't have happened to a better University.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

SCS, like I said I don't know if he would take the job but I wouldn't be surprised. Florida is a step up right now. Historically they're not but the 2 best jobs in the country right now are Florida and USC because of their recent success and in-state recruiting base.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

TheChief wrote:Thoughts and Prayers to go out to Urban, I always thought he was a great coach and respected him for beating our ass. Ah well, to hell with that! We're back baby! The 'Noles are back!!! Seriously laughing at gator fan...couldn't have happened to a better University.
How are you back? Don't you have to win first before claiming you're back? Florida is not going anywhere. They'll get a good coach. They aren't winning because of Urban Meyer, they were winning because they had insane talent. That's not going to change, and they'll continue winning big unless they bring Zook back (which aint gonna happen).
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

I think you can make an argument that Florida is a better job right now than OU but it's a small margin. Florida plays in a tougher conference and has two other in-state schools that are traditional powers. Over the last decade, Oklahoma and Texas have separated themselves from the rest of the Big 12. It's usually going to be an easier path to the BCSNCG at Oklahoma. Also, don't believe the hype about an unhappy fan base at OU. Stoops is still uber-popular amongst rational fans who, despite what you might read on homer boards, make up the vast majority of the fan base.

I think ND tugged on Stoops because of his midwest roots, his faith, and the challenge of rebuilding another program. Right now, there's not much upside for him at Florida, especially if Meyer is going to be looking over the new coach's shoulder.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Gotta agree with War Stoops. With the expectations Meyer has built at Florida, and with the team Bob would be inheriting vs the team that's coming back at OU, he's better off staying put at OU. All he ever has to do is get past Texas to win his conference and be a perennial contender for the national title. At Florida, he'd have a much tougher road to travel, year in, year out.

Well, not literally, since he'd never have to travel anywhere, being that it's Florida. :-)

SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Carson wrote:Florida is verrry fertile recruiting ground.

OU has money but UF has lots of "stupid" money.

Besides, Cam Newton's coming to Auburn cuz he could start the bowl game if the NC2A would allow it. :hfal:

From everything that I have heard Cam has pretty well narrowed it down to Mississippi State and Oklahoma... Auburn, Arizona, KState, and UNC are pretty well out of the hunt.
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

He's now taking an "indefinite leave of absence" rather than fully stepping down. The OC will take over as interim head coach. What a crazy 24 hours.

Linky
TheChief
Elwood

Post by TheChief »

TheJON wrote:
TheChief wrote:Thoughts and Prayers to go out to Urban, I always thought he was a great coach and respected him for beating our ass. Ah well, to hell with that! We're back baby! The 'Noles are back!!! Seriously laughing at gator fan...couldn't have happened to a better University.
How are you back? Don't you have to win first before claiming you're back? Florida is not going anywhere. They'll get a good coach. They aren't winning because of Urban Meyer, they were winning because they had insane talent. That's not going to change, and they'll continue winning big unless they bring Zook back (which aint gonna happen).
1. It was a joke...of course we aren't "back". Ever hear of sarcasm?
2. You are a fucking moron. Florida isn't winning because of Meyer? Then why the fuck are they winning you dumb shit? Really??? Talent???? You think UF just all of a sudden lost talent when Spurrier left and then regained it again when Meyer came in? So Zook's problem was talent? You fucking sound like ESPN hacks saying FSU has no talent and their problem is recruiting. Don't speak up if you don't know. Now I'm laughing at you.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

War Stoops wrote:He's now taking an "indefinite leave of absence" rather than fully stepping down. The OC will take over as interim head coach. What a crazy 24 hours.

Linky

Yeah, I saw that Urban Favre is having second thoughts already. :meds:
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

I hope he gets in a car crash while Tebow is slobbing his knob and they both die
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Maybe Tebow has been keeping Urban alive for the past four years and now, with no eligibility left for Jesus, Urban sees the writing on the wall.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

SoCalTrjn wrote:I hope he gets in a car crash while Tebow is slobbing his knob and they both die
Funny, I feel the way about you and your sons.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Sudden Sam wrote:The guy obviously has some serious health probs.

If the cyst on his brain causes major headaches when he's stressed, well shit...he needs to quit. Nick's gonna be giving him major headaches for the rest of his tenure at UF!
The only health problem Urban has is having an addiction to the media. To think I actually thought on Saturday that I had been dead wrong about the type of person he is. Now I come to find out the only time I was wrong about his character was on Saturday.

Seriously Urban.......I hope your head just fucking explodes. Please just go suck Timmy off, make up your mind about what you wanna do, and then blow your fucking brains out. K thx!
Carson
2012 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by Carson »

SunCoastSooner wrote:... Cam Newton is liely to be at OU now
ELIMINATION...and incorrect.

Newton committed to AU yesterday.