Ingram Wins Heisman

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Re: Ingram Wins Heisman

Post by Harvdog »

The Heisman is a fucking joke. If it is given to the truly best player, it should have gone to Suh. He was the best player. Ingram didn't even win the Doak Walker award but he won the Heisman? That is bullshit. The award that matters is the Maxwell because it is voted on by the coaches and not some fishwrap hack who only cares about the last game he saw. The Heisman means nothing.

On a side note, all the things are falling into place nicely. The Texas QB is shunned for the Heisman by the opposing teams RB. I like Colt pissed off. I don't think Bama will :D

Bring on January 7th!
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Suh FOURTH? Complete fucking bullshit.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

mvscal wrote:But you're an idiot.
STFU, Faggot.

Let us know when basic math isn't beyond you.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

People still get pissed over the Heisman voting... :lol:
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

I'm not even certain Barry Sanders would win the award today, because he played for Oklahoma State.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:I'm not even certain Barry Sanders would win the award today, because he played for Oklahoma State.
Good. Fuck that school.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

It was a splintered year, kinda like mvscal's ass right now. I watch a lot of cfb and Suh didn't come up until the Texas game for me.

Gerhart didn't come up for me until late in the season and playing against shit PAC-10 teams he wasn't very impressive...sure the stats look great, though.

Tebow and Colt are prolly the two best with Ingram right there. Even with Tebow missing a game, Colt playing against a great Neb d effort. Ingram shoulda wound up 2 or 3 in the voting just for shitting against Auburn.

Ingram, though, as worthy as Tebow or Colt, I guess.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:I'm not even certain Barry Sanders would win the award today, because he played for Oklahoma State.
sure he would, it would be an affirmative action win. not merit.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Jsc810 wrote:The best player on the best team in football.

The right player won the award.
I haven't been around in a while, but since now you're a Tide fan...care to update me on all of the teams your root for again?

As for the best team in football, I must have missed the championship game. I take it Texas lost? :meds:
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

PrimeX wrote:

I haven't been around in a while, but since now you're a Tide fan...care to update me on all of the teams your root for again?

As for the best team in football, I must have missed the championship game. I take it Texas lost? :meds:
They got crushed.

ImageImage
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Well that sucks. I guess it's time to move onto Basketball where we're owning bitches left and right.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

PrimeX wrote:Well that sucks. I guess it's time to move onto Basketball where we're owning bitches left and right.

That'll show the SEC.

ACC is going to make you their bitch instead.

ImageImage
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

BULLSHIT- Suh's the best college defensive football player in at least the last 20 years. The Heisman SHOULD'VE been his.

Period.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Paul wrote:

BULLSHIT- Suh's the best college defensive football player in at least the last 20 years. The Heisman SHOULD'VE been his.

Period.
JSC usually craps all over himself every time he hits the submit button. But he nailed this one. You simply have not the intellectual fortitude to comprehend his actual words.

Best player on the best team.

I can buy that.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I'm ok with Ingrim... first Alabama player to ever win it.

I like firsts and so apparently do the voters.

But Suh was the best player, by far. It's not often you see a defensive player who can totally take over a game like I watched him do more than once.

Not really sure who to compare this beast to. Lawrence Taylor, maybe? All I know is that I don't want the QB of my team to ever have to deal with this fuck.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

While you're handing out moneys, can you buy that the "best" team will be decided in Pasadena, CA. on on January the 7th? :doh:

Ingram is the "alleged" best player, but was pulled vs. Auburn on a potential game winning drive. Never saw Suh get benched once this season. Only saw him own every offensive lineman he played.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Howdy, my ole friend. Long time...

Hook me up with the last interior lineman to win a Heisman. Not saying it's right just acknowledging the obvious.

As to the champ. game. Good luck. You're going to need it.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Heisman voters got this one right

The next time somebody tells you that the Heisman Trophy is nothing more than an overhyped award that lost its luster a long time ago, mention the name Mark Ingram.

There was no hiding his emotion Saturday in the Nokia Theatre. He slowly exhaled several times, doing his best to compose himself. His voice cracked, and then he cried.

Admittedly overwhelmed, Ingram thanked everyone -- Nick Saban, his parents, his teammates, his sports information directors, even his teachers at Alabama.

He understood unequivocally how historic the moment was in the realm of Alabama’s proud football history.

Of all the great players who’d come before him – Joe Namath, Ken Stabler, Ozzie Newsome, Cornelius Bennett, Lee Roy Jordan and Shaun Alexander – Ingram became the first Alabama player to hoist the Heisman Trophy as his own.

Sure, there probably have been better players to come through Alabama than Ingram, the third straight sophomore to win college football’s most prestigious individual award.

But I can’t imagine there’s been one who went from role player to great player any quicker or one who’s consistently performed any better on the biggest stages than Ingram has this season. After all, he wasn't even a starter a year ago.

In five games against top 25 teams this season, Ingram averaged 165 yards per game in wins over No. 1 Florida, No. 7 Virginia Tech, No. 9 LSU, No. 20 Ole Miss and No. 22 South Carolina. He faced six of the top 28 defenses nationally and averaged 154 yards in those six contests.

And after that first hit, he had few peers when it came to gaining yardage after contact. Alabama’s senior offensive guard, Mike Johnson, said it best after Ingram set a Bryant-Denny Stadium record this season with 246 rushing yards against South Carolina.

“All he needs is a crease, and he’s going to do the rest himself,” Johnson said.

A lot of people probably didn’t see this coming from Ingram, certainly not this quickly. But early on, Saban knew he was onto something special.

I still remember sitting in Saban’s office two Augusts ago. Everybody in the state of Alabama was buzzing over the recruiting class the Crimson Tide had signed that February. Most of the analysts had it ranked No. 1 in the country, and some of the guys in that class had already reached rock-star status in the state.

At the time, Ingram wasn’t one of the big-ticket items in the class. He’d come from Flint, Mich., and wasn’t one of the freshmen everybody was clamoring about.

Saban had seen the freshmen practice for maybe a week, and I asked the proverbial “Who stood out?” question.

The first name out of his mouth … Mark Ingram.

Call me biased, but I think the Heisman voters got this one right. Having seen Ingram play live five times this season, I can say with confidence that he’s as complete a running back as I saw play all season.

To rush for 1,542 yards, score 18 touchdowns and lose just one fumble in 279 offensive touches is an amazing accomplishment in its own right. But he’s also an excellent blocker and caught 30 passes.

He's the first player in SEC history to rush for 1,500 yards and catch 30 passes in the same season.

Make no mistake. Ingram played on a great team this season and was surrounded by great talent.

But it’s nice to see that his great season was appropriately awarded.

And even nicer was to see how much it meant to him.

ImageImage
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

rozy wrote:
Paul wrote:

Period.
JSC usually craps all over himself every time he hits the submit button. But he nailed this one. You simply have not the intellectual fortitude to comprehend his actual words.

Best player on the best team.

I can buy that.
You're simply a MOTHERFUCKING IDIOT. Ndamukong Suh was absolutely dominant at his position and took over games all by himself. What part of that do you fucking fail to understand, dumbass?
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Shut up, Paul. Throwing the colorful metaphors at me will do nothing to enhance your argument.

The best player on the best team won the Heisman. There is nothing wrong with that at all.

The Heisman is not going to go to an interior lineman.

To use your "argument", Ingram put his team on his shoulders and carried them to defeat the best team of the last half-decade.

Besides, we don't really know how good Suh is since he played most of his games in the Little 12. As long as we are going to make baseless claims and all that can only be backed up by eyesight and subjective opinion...

Ingram was a good choice as would have been Gerhart or Suh. The best team from the best conference wins out. Go figure...
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

rozy wrote:Howdy, my ole friend. Long time...

Hook me up with the last interior lineman to win a Heisman. Not saying it's right just acknowledging the obvious.

As to the champ. game. Good luck. You're going to need it.
Slowly looking more and more like the '05 season...

Congrats though to Ingram. He seems like a great, humble guy who will really appreciated what happened today and never take it for granted. Seems like pure class!
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

mvscal wrote:Needless to say, that isn't the criteria now is it? The award is supposed to go to the best player in college football.
McCoy won the Maxwell Award honoring the nation's best all-around player, yet came in third in the Heisman. Fuck it. We win January 7th and who gives a shit who gives a fuck.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

:lol:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

PrimeX wrote:Well that sucks. I guess it's time to move onto Basketball where we're owning bitches left and right.
12/22 is coming, fukko.

SEC speed and talent. pfffffffft. Ingram is from Flint, bitches.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

rozy wrote:
Besides, we don't really know how good Suh is since he played most of his games in the Little 12.
The Little 12? :meds:

Most people who watch football or have a clue know exactly how good Suh is... and so do the NFL scouts and teams who will undoubtably take him before "the best player on the best team"... did you really type that shit?

Hilarious. Maybe you should stick to the Theology forum.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

War Wagon wrote:
rozy wrote:
Besides, we don't really know how good Suh is since he played most of his games in the Little 12.

Most people who watch football or have a clue know exactly how good Suh is... and so do the NFL scouts and teams who will undoubtably take him before "the best player on the best team"... did you really type that shit?

You should probably stick to the Vogel zone. Or another forum nobody reads.

All of the dipshits melting down over Ingrahm is way entertaining though .

ImageImage
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
12/22 is coming, fukko.

SEC speed and talent. pfffffffft. Ingram is from Flint, bitches.
Wanna make a sig/avatard bet on that one? They're like, really, really good and deep like SECBSH's throats.

BTW- Got tix for the NC game the Saturday before this match up. Tough two games thur. The rest of our schedule is gravy.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I'd have to give the Heisman to the SEC refs.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Wanna make a sig/avatard bet on that one?
In
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Suh is a d-lineman. He did not take over games. Nebraska was what? 9-4? Taking over does not result in losing games.

OTOH, Ingram:
In five games against top 25 teams this season, Ingram averaged 165 yards per game in wins over No. 1 Florida, No. 7 Virginia Tech, No. 9 LSU, No. 20 Ole Miss and No. 22 South Carolina. He faced six of the top 28 defenses nationally and averaged 154 yards in those six contests.
And 'Bama won all of those games, including No. 1 Florida.

Suh who?
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

How is Auburn not playing the MNC? I mean they held the best player in College Football to 36 yards on 20 carries. I am mystified :meds:

Suh is the best player in College Football.

All you need to know about the Heisman......

Eric Crouch
Jason White
Chris Weinke
Charlie Ward
Gino Torretta
Rashan Salaam
Ron Dayne

all won the Heisman

Adrian Peterson
Peyton Manning
Marshall Faulk
Steve Young
John Elway
Herschel Walker

all were runner ups. I would take the runner ups.

They kept saying that after your name will be Heisman trophy winnner.......so when I go to the club for dinner they tell me.....

"Parking your car tonight will be Heisman Winner Jason White. Your dinner will be served by Heisman Winner Gino Torretta and Heisman Winner Eric Crouch would be making the after dinner drinks but he quit."

Great Fucking award :doh:
Last edited by Harvdog on Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I just want to know, how was Ingram better than Gerhart? Gerhart put up better numbers on a worse team, and he flat out carried them. Ingram was just a spoke in a really solid wheel. Even Sam was saying Bama would barely miss him, if he went down.

The award is supposed to go to the most outstanding player in college football, not the leading runner or passer from a top team. In no way was Ingram more outstanding than Gerhart; not on the stat sheet, nor in terms of importance to his team.

Gerhart was just plain better and more impressive, and Suh should've won it over both of them anyway. Ingram shouldn't have even come in second, much less won it.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

You're obviously drunk. Who in this thread said Colt deserved it?

Suh will go highest in the draft. I'd bet a whole dollar on it.

Fuck, I pray the Texans lose every game and have a shot at this kid. Exactly what we need.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Mace wrote: Good points. If Suh could "take over a game" like some here are saying, they wouldn't have lost to Iowa State, who were playing without their best two offensive players (QB & RB).
they probably wouldn't have lost to iowa state had they only seven turnovers instead of eight. you made a bad point.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Harvdog wrote:Steve Young
John Elway
Herschel Walker

all were runner ups. I would take the runner ups.
A bit selective with our examples, aren't we? Coupla points.

Walker was a runner-up, but he also won the Heisman later on in his career.

As for Young and Elway, the Heisman is a cyclical award. At the time they played in college, there was a bias in favor of running backs and against QB's. 13 years elapsed between consecutive QB's to win the Heisman -- Pat Sullivan in '71 and Doug Flutie in '84. Between them it was:

'72 Johnny Rodgers Nebraska WB
'73 John Cappoletti Penn State RB
'74 Archie Griffin Ohio State RB
'75 Archie Griffin Ohio State RB
'76 Tony Dorsett Pitt RB
'77 Earl Campbell Texas RB
'78 Billy Sims Oklahoma RB
'79 Charles White USC RB
'80 George Rogers South Carolina RB
'81 Marcus Allen USC RB
'82 Herschel Walker Georgia RB
'83 Mike Rozier Nebraska RB

Young and Elway both played their entire college careers within that time frame.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

War Wagon wrote:
rozy wrote:

Relax and realize the context of who I directed it at. Don't be so gullible.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

I'm glad Ingram criedwhen he got this trophy. Clears out the tear ducts for what the Texas defense will have in store for the annually overated SEC offense. Crying running backs and zebra assisted victories. What a scam and what a pussy, crying on national television and all.
Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Mace wrote:
JMak wrote:Suh is a d-lineman. He did not take over games. Nebraska was what? 9-4? Taking over does not result in losing games.

OTOH, Ingram:
And 'Bama won all of those games, including No. 1 Florida.

Suh who?
Good points. If Suh could "take over a game" like some here are saying, they wouldn't have lost to Iowa State, who were playing without their best two offensive players (QB & RB).
Clown boy, ISU scored 9 stinking points...the defense did their job.
You play this loss to ISU quite often I've noticed. Let's be clear that Nebraska had 8 fucking turnovers, 4 inside the ISU 9 yard line.
2 that were in their endzone.
One damn field goal and you'd have nothing to post. Wouldn't that be nice?
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Well, Van, if the award was supposed to go to the guy who out up the best stats on the worst team...well, is Gerhart even deserving then? Check your standard and get back to us SC fanboy...
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Cornhusker...the Huskers had four losses. The way I've read it here, Suh dominated games and took them over. Yet, the Huskers still lost.