Enough of This TCU Crap

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

M Club
el capitán

Re: Enough of This TCU Crap

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote: That schedule proves one thing: they haven't played anybody. Is there a real defense in that entire schedule? So winning big against shitty teams impresses the voters? Impresses you folks?
you must have c&p'd this from last year before substituting tcu's schedule for utah's, the only difference being tcu hasn't had the opportunity yet to kick bama's ass.
Now if TCU kicks Alabama's ass in a bowl game (unlikely matchup), I'll give them their due. But If Texas and Alabama do what I expect them to do, we won't be dealing with that scenario.

had you actually given utah their due you'd recognize tcu is having an easier time accomplishing what utah did last year.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

TCU is "fuh real do". Just sayin'.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Sudden Sam wrote: That schedule proves one thing: they haven't played anybody. Is there a real defense in that entire schedule? So winning big against shitty teams impresses the voters? Impresses you folks?
Rack! Texas has had such an easy time of it this year, and they are really going to get to play in the title game? I mean, this is exactly what's wrong with college-

Oh, wait, you were talking about someone else.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I hear that from coaches in interviews a lot, that TCU separates itself from the common mid major because its play in the trenches is on par with major conference teams. They're big, fast, physical, etc. They don't need gimmicks to beat you, they can line you up man for man. It's still about resume though, and a 12-0 MWC team probably shouldn't trump a 12-0 SEC or Big 12 team. 12-0 in the MWC is more impressive than 10-2 in the meatgrinder or the 12 though, so they deserve a BCS bowl.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

btw, if Utah isn't considered a quality win - a team that spanked Bama - what does that say about Bama? :?
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Sudden Sam wrote:Look, I enjoy seeing schools like TCU and Boise State pop up from time to time.

But how about playing somebody!
Boise State is looking for a game ( a road game no less) against a BCS program in 2011. Why don't you play them?
Dreams......Temporary Madness
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:
Mace wrote:They don't have the depth needed to sustain the level of competition needed to compete in those conferences.
Because they aren't full-fledged members of those conferences with the additional resources available to said members. Why is this so hard for you to understand?
Hell, Vandy, as shitty as they were this year, coulda won 7 or 8 games with TCU's schedule.

The point is: TCU has played NOBODY.

Boise State played 1 game.

Could they each upset someone in a bowl? Sure they could.

Uh... bullshit... Vandy couldn't even beat Army at home brain trust.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Sudden Sam wrote:South Carolina pounded Clemson. Gimme a break.

Georgia beat the fuck outta Boise a couple years ago.
Boise has put it out there that they want a road game in 2011 against a BCS opponent. You call for them to play "somebody". Are you trying to use 1 game against Georgia 4 years ago as a reason to not play them, on your own home field?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
Uh... bullshit... Vandy couldn't even beat Army at home brain trust.
They were really shitty this year.

But: Texas State, Colorado State, UNLV, SDSU, Wyoming and New Mexico woulda gone down to the valiant 'Dores! :lol:
Is that why the last time Wyoming played in an SEC stadium they won convincingly?

Texas State would beat the piss out of 2/3 of the OOC schedule that the SEC had and they had about nine months to sign a replacement because OU pushed back our match up after BYU and ESPN offered us the mother load of money games in Dallas.

They played an infinitely tougher OOC schedule than any of the SEC schools. so you're left with UNLV, Wyoming, and New Mexico... you telling me that all three of those schools are worse than the Furman's, Western Carolina's and College Of Charleston's of the the world? Go blow that smoke up the ignorant SEC honks who buy it's asses cause it's not flying here.

A Spade is a Spade... the SEC is no more dominant OOC than any other conference this season with their barely winning 9-8 OOC record against BCS schools this season.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:I don't see anybody in any big conference signing up for a home and home with Boise. Nobody wants to go up there and play on that cartoon shit field! :lol:
If you concede that people don't want to play Boise, why then do you crack them for not playing anybody? Are you enjoying your nice tall glass of KYOA?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote: They played an infinitely tougher OOC schedule than any of the SEC schools. so you're left with UNLV, Wyoming, and New Mexico... you telling me that all three of those schools are worse than the Furman's, Western Carolina's and College Of Charleston's of the the world? Go blow that smoke up the ignorant SEC honks who buy it's asses cause it's not flying here.

A Spade is a Spade... the SEC is no more dominant OOC than any other conference this season with their barely winning 9-8 OOC record against BCS schools this season.
TCU's overall schedule is pure crap. 8 patsies and 4 games. Turn that around and people will take them seriously.
as opposed to...
Charleston Southern
Troy
Tennessee
Kentucky
LSU
Arkansas
Mississippi State
Georgia
Vanderbilt
South Carolina
Florida International
Florida State

That's by my count two games (mayyyyybeeeeee 3) that are worth a flying fuck.

Or...

Virginia Tech
FIU
North Texas
Arkansas
Kentucky
Ole Miss
South Carolina
Tennessee
LSU
Mississippi State
Tennessee-Chatanooga
Allbarn

Being generous I'll give that schedule four real tests...

You say TCU had four games... it's right there in quotes. Well that's more than what Floriduh had and just about equal Bama. The difference being that three of TCU's were actually on the road in hostile stadiums.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sam you're making our arguments stronger... STFU while you're only this far behind.

Face it. The SEC was just any other conference this season. Nothing special as they were in years past. 9-8 OOC against other BCS schools (and for the most part against bottom feeders from those conferences) is a pretty strong indicator of such things. That combined with the pitiful OOC's the SEC signs means you don't get to throw stones at others schools schedules this year. Sit there, STFU, and be thankful that ESPN has their mouths attached your cocks "USC greatest team EVA '05" style.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:You can't be serious.
Do I need to go down the list while holding your hand and really embarrass the shit out of those schedules?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Sudden Sam wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote:I don't see anybody in any big conference signing up for a home and home with Boise. Nobody wants to go up there and play on that cartoon shit field! :lol:
If you concede that people don't want to play Boise, why then do you crack them for not playing anybody? Are you enjoying your nice tall glass of KYOA?
It is a bitch for BSU, I'm sure. I don't know who they've contacted, but anyone should do a home and home with them. I'm sure it comes down to money...the Broncos undoubtedly can't pay anyone enough to play there. I don't think any big school could possibly fear them. It's gotta be the money.
It's partly the money, because BSU's stadium only holds about 35,000 so a home and home series would benefit BSU more than the larger school. But it's more fear than anything else. Why would any "powerhouse" major schedule them as an OOC game and jeopardize their unblemished record when they can play Chattanooga and get a guaranteed win? I can't believe you actually made the statement the no big school could possibly fear them. OK maybe it's not fear. More like mortal terror.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:I don't think any big school could possibly fear them.
Are you kidding me? Fear is absolutely one of the driving factors in why elite programs don't schedule teams like Boise. The risk/reward scenario is not in their favor at all.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Sudden Sam wrote: BUT THEY COULDN'T COMPETE TAKING THE WEEKLY POUNDING IN A REAL CONFERENCE.
It's hilarious you continue to try to peddle this bullshit after last year.

John Parker Wilson made it through the SEC regular season unscathed. Then he spent half the Sugar Bowl on his back. Why was that? What, just one left tackle made all the difference?

How many Utah players had to leave that game because of injury? Maybe someone fractured his jaw laughing at how easy of a draw they got that night, but other than that, I don't recall any Utes getting carted off because they were suddenly thrown in there against a "big boy" team.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Degenerate wrote:
Sudden Sam wrote: BUT THEY COULDN'T COMPETE TAKING THE WEEKLY POUNDING IN A REAL CONFERENCE.
It's hilarious you continue to try to peddle this bullshit after last year.

John Parker Wilson made it through the SEC regular season unscathed. Then he spent half the Sugar Bowl on his back. Why was that? What, just one left tackle made all the difference?

How many Utah players had to leave that game because of injury? Maybe someone fractured his jaw laughing at how easy of a draw they got that night, but other than that, I don't recall any Utes getting carted off because they were suddenly thrown in there against a "big boy" team.
Rack

BTW I am working on this last little morsel for you Sam... I really think your more intelligent a person and football fan than to have to do this but you've forced my hand. I'm sorry and don't take anything that will be posted in a moment...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Boise isn't looking for a home and home, so that point is moot.

I could care less if 'Bama is playing Penn State in 2011. Boise may be ranked higher by that time. Most of the players on Boise State's offense will be playing there in 2011. I am sure that Mal Moore would be more than willing to dump a directional Louisiana ('sup 2007) in favor a higher profile game against Boise State.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I am glad that a few flies are in the ointment. The Boise State win over OU was a pretty big affair - big enough to make non-BCS schools intriguing as BCS adversaries.

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with TCU and BSU this bowl season.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Sudden Sam wrote:Aren't they talking about possibly those two meeting? That would sorta suck. Wouldn't really settle or accomplish anything.
The BCS would love that. If TCU beat a team like Bama, or UF, that would just bring on more chaos. If the super mid majors are just beating up on each other, the system can't get exposed. Even though it's obviously already too late for that.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I'd like to see those reversed. Bama vs TCU is a more intruiging matchup, imo, and I think TCU would win. I think Bama would handle Boise fairly easily though.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I'd like to see those reversed. Bama vs TCU is a more intruiging matchup, imo, and I think TCU would win. I think Bama would handle Boise fairly easily though.
I agree that TCU is in my opinion a much better, more physical team than Boise. OU played Cincy and TCU last year, and the level of physicality and team speed for TCU was better than anyone not named Texas or possibly OK State on OU's schedule last year. last year is last year, but it speaks to the program's quality under Patterson. Cincy had some play-makers, but were not as impressive IMO. i think both Cincy and TCU are 10 points better than Boise.

as for the SEC this year. LSU is the only team in the conference that's not UF or Bama that has a +.500 conference record. I realize how this leads into the circular SECBSH logic, but if SEC fan wants to prop that then you better not have any "the Big 8 was just OU and Nebraska" takes on the books in the past. can't have it both ways.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SEC Ballsucking Homer
Meatgrinders 'R Us

Post by SEC Ballsucking Homer »

Sudden Sam wrote:Alabama's playing in the Sugar Bowl and the BCS title game?!?!
They're THAT good.

Tell me you knew.
There is no other conference.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:As bad as Tennessee, MSU, South Carolina, Georgia, etc. are this year, you think playing those kinda teams week after week compares to TCU's schedule?!

That's laughable.
Warning: Wall of Words!!!

Challenging games tally will be denoted with in the brackets (for example...[Bama 12, Florida 12]).

Okay we're just going to throw out Florida International (mutual opponent), Troy (mutual opponent), North Texas, Chatanooga, and Charleston Southern. If I have to validate the immense suck of those programs then you should really find another forum full of lightweights and dumbfucks to post at because you're not worthy of these fans time or effort.

Virginia Tech (Bama only) - Good win on a neutral Field; I give Bama credit for that. There's a 1 for Bama's schedule... [Bama 1, Florida 0]

Arkansas (mutual opponent) - a 7-5 (3-5 in conference) barely bowl eligible team whose OOC schedule consisted of a 6-5 FCS school in Missouri State whose all five loses came by 20 points or more, Troy who while granted won the Sun Belt but also got pummeled in every Non con game they played to include Bowling Green. A 6-6 Texas A&M team who finished 5th in the big 12 south. And the hummdinger... an 0-12 (0-8 in the MAC) Eastern Michigan squad. Congrats on that bowl eligible season there piggies. :meds: :lol: [Bama 1, Florida 0]

Kentucky (mutual opponent) - Another 7-5 (3-5 in conference) barely bowl eligible team whose OOC was made up by a 1-11 Miami of Ohio, almost losing at home to a 4-8 Louisville who has since canned it's coach, a 6-6 Louisiana-Monroe out of the Sun Belt, and 5-6 FCS Eastern Kentucky. Another huge congrats to getting bowl eligible to Kentuhkay. :meds: :lol: [Bama 1, Florida 0]

Ole Miss (Bama only)- 8-4 (4-4 in conference)... Ya know at first glance I was going to give Bama credit for this game but after actually looking at their schedule... how in the blue blazes of hell they were ranked for most of the season is utterly beyond me other than the SEC media pole smoking, no other team in any other conference in America could have the sort of schedule and record that Ole Piss had and still remained ranked; a fucking travesty. OOC they played 2-10 (1-7 in conference USA) MEMPHIS. A 6-5 (4-3) FCS Southeast Louisiana (I didn't even know they played football). A 5-7 (4-4 in Conference USA) Alabama-Birmingham who was beaten by 3 TDs or more FIVE times this season to in clude aTm and Marshall. and yet another FCS squad who went 5-6 (4-4) Northern Arizona. Notable in conference game was getting beat like a drum by Miss Stake. Congrats on getting Bowl eligible Ole Piss. :meds: :lol: [Bama 1, Florida 0... still]

South Carolina (mutual opponent) - Yet ANOTHER 7-5 (3-5) barely bowl eligible SEC team... a 7-3 victory against 5-7 (2-6 in the ACC) NC State, 4-7 (4-3). Florida Atlantic who every game they won came from within the Sun Belt conference. FCS 10-2 (8-0) South Carolina State. Clemson who I won't bash since they did win their conference division but I feel should be noted that the Cocks did defeat with two starting Ol out and Spiller playing rather injured. Ya know I'll bite the bullet and give both of you credit for this game since they at least did play 2 OOC BCS teams though one was a very crappy one, and their SEC required FCS team was at least a respectable one. [Bama 2, Florida 1]

Tennessee (mutual opponent) - WOW, yet another 7-5 (4-4 in conference) SEC team... shockkkking. Tennessee's OOC schedule consisted of an 0-11 (0-7 in the freakin' Sun Belt) Western Kentucky, who have so far (since they haven't had the crap kicked out of them by Arkansas State yet) lost nine of their their eleven games by 17 points or more. A loss to a 6-6 (3-6 and 8th place in the Pac - 10) UCLA program at home. A 9-3 Ohio team (this would be the first OOC game other than Virginia Tech that an SEC team played against a Division 1 school that wasn't required by a state law in the FBS, congrats). To round out the OOC they played Memphis who has already been discussed. Great flippin' job their; congrats on getting Bowl eligible Tennasuck. :meds: :lol: [Bama 2, Florida 1]

LSU (mutual opponent) - Went 9-3 (5-3) in conference - Escaped from Seattle against a 4-7 (3-5 and currently half a game 7th place lead on UCLA in 8th in the Pac 10). After that "great" game the proceeded to play every in state step child program they could sign up... 6-6 (4-4 in the SUN BELT) Louisiana-Lafayette, 3-9 (1-7 in Conference USA) Tulane who was beat by three TDs or more 7 times this season and plays in the SUN BELT. And of course Louisiana Tech 3-8 (2-5) who came within a TD of beating them in Baton Rouge. I don't like the idea of it after skating through such a schedule (including in conference) and only being able to win three games by more than 2 TDs I'll give you both a quality win because they did actually pull out nine games unlike the vast majority of the rest of the SEC programs. That's two "Maybes" I've given you guys now... [Bama 3, Florida 2]

Miss Stake (mutual opponent) - 5-7 (3-5). OOC played 3-7 (3-4) FCS Jackson State. Stomped at home by Georgia Tech 10-2 (7-1 in the ACC) who you've been trying to make fun of all week. Followed up by another loss at home to a non BCS school in 10-2 (6-2) Houston, and Middle Tennessee State 9-3 (7-1 in the SUN BELT). But hey they did beat up on the vaunted Ole Piss and Kentahkee. Quality win... :lol: [Bama 3, Florida 2]

Allbarn (Bama only) - Holy Smokes... ANOTHER 7-5 (3-5) SEC school (anyone else starting to see a pattern here this season?). OOC played Louisiana Tech who has already been discussed. West Virginia 8-3 (4-2) in a shoot out at home. A 2-10 (2-6 in the MAC) Ball State who even managed to lose to an FCS school that didn't win their FCS conference at home. AND 6-5 (5-3) FCS Furman. Notable games in conference include a home loss to Kentahkee and a complete and utter ass whoopin' to Arkiesaw. Congrats on getting Bowl eligible Allbarn... :meds: :lol: [Bama 3, Florida 2]

Georgia (Florida only) - The pattern continues... at 7-5 (4-4). OOC they opened their season with a curb stomping by Okie Lite who Spray erroneously stated earlier in the week that anyone who watched knew Georgia was the better team when in fact anyone who watched (on national television) saw an Okie Lite team outgain Georgia by over 100 yards and win by 2 TDs convincingly. Escaped at home, by a FG, to a 4-8 (2-7 with a 9th place finish in the Pac 10) Arizona State team who couldn't find it's ass from a hole in the ground all season. A 6-5 (5-3) FCS Tennessee Tech. And beat a Georgia Tech with their only option QB for 2 1/2 quarters by a whole TD. Congrats on getting Bowl eligible Georgia. :meds: :lol: [Bama 3, Florida 2]

Vanderbilt (Florida only) - If I even need to go in depth on Vandy you should step into my office because you're fuckin' fired. 2-10 (0-8) and even lost to The United State's Military Academy (at home) and absolutely PUMMELED by Georgia Tech (also at home). [Bama 3, Florida 2]

Florida State (Florida Only) - 6-6 (4-4 in the ACC)... barely escaped Jacksonville State at home 19-9 and got their clock's cleaned by a South Florida team using a freshman QB who had never seen a single minute of college game time... at HOME. [Final Talley: Bama 3, Florida 2]

I'm pretty sure we can find two or three "quality wins" on TCU's schedule... call me nuts.

Now Sam I will reiterate one final time here... in a lot of seasons the SEC can claim superiority; this isn't one of them. Now sit down, shut the fuck up, enjoy the undefeated season Bama has put together, and be thankful the national media has the SEc's cocks in their collective mouth's based on previous season's accolades.

Thank You, Good day.
Last edited by SunCoastSooner on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:The SEC sucks this year. Horrible teams.

Now, if these terrible teams go 8-0 or whatever in the bowls, beating all the higher finishing teams in other conferences that they're paired against, will you admit you were wrong? If the SEC has as bad a showing as they should based on the above opinions, I'll be the first to say "Damn, we sucked this yeart."

My point is, if TCU played the schedule Alabama played or the schedule Florida played....as bad as you suggest they were...the Frogs would have several losses.

Same thing if they had played Iowa's schedule...or UCLA's...or Texas'.
TCU did play an SEC like schedule this year... you're just ignoring the facts.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

P.S. I didn't say they sucked Sam... I am suggesting they are mortal and average by any other BCS conference's standards this year. The records and schedules suggest the same.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Mace wrote:Give Norm Parker a month to prepare a defensive scheme and TCU (who only scored 14 against Clemson) might not score 10 points, let alone win by 10.
This works both ways. In that same game TCU held Clemson to 10 points, and I'm pretty certain Clemson can move the ball better than a Vandenberg-led Iowa offense. TCU seems to be the more complete team.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:P.S. I didn't say they sucked Sam... I am suggesting they are mortal and average by any other BCS conference's standards this year. The records and schedules suggest the same.
I agree, but...

playing New Mexico doesn't equate with playing Mississippi State. Playing Air Force doesn't equate with playing South Carolina.

Etc, etc.
Playing New Mexico does equate to playing Vandy or Furman, or Eastern Kentucky, or Western Carolina, etc.

You do realize that the teams that TCU played actually accumulated better W-L records overall than the teams in the SEC and while playing every bit as difficult,(more difficult in many cases) as the teams Bama and Florida played... didn't you?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:
Playing New Mexico does equate to playing Vandy or Furman, or Eastern Kentucky, or Western Carolina, etc.

You do realize that the teams that TCU played actually accumulated better W-L records overall than the teams in the SEC and while playing every bit as difficult,(more difficult in many cases) as the teams Bama and Florida played... didn't you?
Dude I showed you the SEC's freakin schedules for the most part above in the thread...

You want me to go on about it and show you how much more the ape you're looking and sounding like right now I will...

Not only did the Mountain West teams accumulate better winning percentages but did so playing far fewer FCS schools. The Mountain West played a grand total of five games against FCS schools. The SEC West Division alone played more FCS schools than that... six. Hell there were some schools in the SEC that played a 1/3 of the number of FCS schools as the entire Mountain West by themselves.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

The top 10 SOS rankings, according to that site:

1 Auburn (6-5)
2 Miss State (4-7)
3 Arkansas (6-5)
4 LSU (9-3)
5 Alabama (11-0)
6 S Carolina (6-5)
7 Mississippi (6-4)
8 Georgia (6-5)
9 Tennessee (7-5)
10 Kentucky (6-5)

LOL!!

Who created these rankings, SECBSH troll?
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Sudden Sam wrote:The ape was a poor choice. I intended to plop an old guy (me) shaking his head, but grabbed the first thing I saw. It reflects me...not you. Exasparation was the intended point.

I don't know what else to say on this matter.

TCU's schedule is pitiful.

That doesn't mean they won't beat an SEC or other BCS team in a bowl.

Alabama's and Florida's schedules (and basically any BCS school's) are faaaaar tougher than TCU's. There is no comparison. If you're playing the kinds of teams in the MWC, you have no right to suggest your 12-0 team could go 12-0 in a BCS conference. There are three decent teams in the MWC. The rest couldn't compete in 6A high school ball in Alabama.*

I have to leave it there.

*Of course, I'm being facetious. But that'll come back in S_M's posts.
Yeah... I got a taste of Alabama HS ball when Daphne came to town... the game was over by half time. Poor comparison I'm not too impressed with Bama ball when their traditionally elite schools come over here and get beat up by 4A and 5A schools like NEASE and Niceville... thanks for playing.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Cupla nits to pick with JSC.
Jsc810 wrote:And yeah, beating Clemson at Clemson is certainly a nice win. Did you know that Clemson is playing in in the ACC championship game, and could be Alabama's opponent in a BCS game?
If you're talking theory, I suppose. But in reality? :meds:

If Clemson wins the ACC CCG, they're headed to the Orange Bowl. Meanwhile, the Florida-Alabama winner will be ranked #1 and headed to the BCS championship game. That means that the Sugar Bowl will get the first pick of the remaining teams and almost assuredly will take the loser of that game. No real chance of a Clemson-Alabama matchup in a BCS bowl. That being said, Clemson is only one win away from the BCS.
Colorado State also ended up 3-9, but at least it, like Virginia, is from a BCS conference.
Uhhh, no, they're a member of TCU's conference. However, of their three wins, one was against in-state rival Colorado, who does play in a BCS conference.

Having said all of that . . .
In any event, I just think you shouldn't be so rough on my poor little Frogs. As I pointed out before, TCU shouldn't play in the national championship game, even if Texas gets beat by Nebraska.

But I do think TCU is truly deserving of a BCS bid.
. . . is spot on.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Enough of This TCU Carp?

I heard they were about ready to invade Lake BCS via Chicago and simply ruin BTPCFB for everyone. The nerve of those Christian Carp, why I never....

THIS SHALL NOT STAND!

Let's poison the water, that'll keep them damn TCU Carp outta' Lake BCS, at least temporarily.

The Army Corps of Engineers needs to get right on this before Sudden Sam's quality of life is impacted forever.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

So when TCU deep dicks the SEC Runner-Up, the excuse will be that they didnt care to play TCU and the game doesnt mean anything.

But if TCU gets deep dicked, the game will mean something and will be pointed at by SEC fans on why the mid-majors do not belong.
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

i particularly enjoy sam's constant hedging re: tcu may "upset" someone in a bcs game, but that his point still stands. apparently there's no way for tcu to actually prove they're the better team. interesting that utah could beat up on sec's team 1a but would have loads of trouble with kentucky and auburn.

also, just calling it an upset. utah didn't upset bama last year. they beat them because they were a better team. if they had a rematch i would have known exactly who to drop my money on.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote: TCU could beat any team in the country. It could happen. The point is they wouldn't be undefeated and in the position they are if they played in a BCS conference.
really? and you base that on what statistical analysis? the fact they've beaten all comers?

Yes, Utah did upset Alabama last year. Alabama was at least a 10-point favorite. Thus, it was an upset.
it was an upset based on who people put their money on. some upsets could be replayed and money would still side with the team that 'should have' won. you can still refer to them as upsets afterward. in the case of utah/bama, the better team won. i guess you can feel good about yourself by calling it an upset. then again, we'd still have to refer to tebow's first mnc as an upset even though it obviously wasn't.

If anyone in here seriously believes that schools like Air Force, New Mexico and San Diego State have the same quality athletes and/or depth as Mississippi State, Texas A&M, Cal, and Michigan State, then there is no sense in continuing this thread at all...'cause you're delusional!
no one's saying that. they're just saying tcu's a better team than all those you just listed. it stands to reason the better team has a better chance of winning a game. you're just annoyed no one's buying into your baseless speculation.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

Sudden Sam wrote: Dear god, man!

The point I'm trying to make is that if TCU played a real schedule...like that of any BCS conference team...they would not escape unscathed. They played a bunch of powderpuffs.
you're using what as evidence?
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

BECAUSE I SAID SO! has been the bible of evidence to SECfan 'round these parts for years.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

oh, that game they won?

you're really going to suggest the transitive property of cf applies? i think we've played that game at least 100 times in here.

it'd be easier to just own up to your perception bias.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:BECAUSE I SAID SO! has been the bible of evidence to SECfan 'round these parts for years.
that and 80% of Papa Willie's posts are from a template. bowl record, tautological SOS based on SEC friendly rankings, and the total BSH experience.

i just don't get the "tromboning" each other that goes with today's SEC love-job. these guys are almost making me want to pull for Texas.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"