Texans - Titans in Game ( AKA Game of the Year!!)

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Texans - Titans in Game ( AKA Game of the Year!!)

Post by poptart »

Tennessee @ Houston on Monday Night.

I'll call that.

Not saying it's the two best teams in the league going at each other, but this contest has the p0tential to be very entertaining.

They played a 34-31 game in week two.
The Tejans had won 3 straight before losing a heartbreaker to the Clots prior to last week's bye week, and have clearly been playing pretty good ball.
Scoring some points and looking pretty damn good on defense, too.
This game is important as they make a push for the playoffs and also just because it is ... the Titans.
The Houston crowd on Monday night is gonna be fuckin' JACKED UP, I'm tellin' ya.

Tennessee has scored 30+ in each of it's last three games -- all victories -- after having lost it's opening six games.
V. Young has come in and done a real nice job, passing for over 65%.
Chris Johnson is everything Oakland wishes D. McFadden was.
Stud gamebreaker.
Tennessee is playing like most people thought they would play this year and they are looking TOUGH to beat.
And you know what, another win or two and this team will start thinking it can still make a playoff push.

This is some good shit, folks.

Kick back Monday night and enjoy this one.

Regular season game of the year.

I'm calling my shot.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Re: Game of the Year!!

Post by Diogenes »

No way.

GOTY is going to be Dec. 5, the Cheating Farves at the Mighty Cardinals. Winner gets a first round bye. Loser gets a rematch in the second round.

Tejans by 12, BTW.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Schedulemaker gets a major raise for this one. The game in week 2 was an all-out war.

The rematch is on monday night? We get our chance at revenge on VY for a couple of years ago?

Oh yes, Brother Tart. H-Town will be rocking on monday.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/ ... the_1.html
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Tart, I hear the Titans plan on wearing Oiler uniforms tonight. This game is going to be ugly. The freaking coin flip could turn into a scrum. :lol:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Just give me 18 fantasy points from Chris Johnson.

TIA
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

poptart wrote:Tennessee has scored 30+ in each of it's last three games
If they score 33 tonight I pocket $940
The only thing the Broncos did right yesterday was blocking that extra point attempt on San Diego’s last touchdown keeping them from hitting 33
If no one hits 33 tonight the pot grows to $1,128
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Rack the thread, 'tart.

You won't believe this but there are still a few fans out there who think we should've drafted VY. I'm stunned.

However, Vince is playing good football right now. He's not all world by any means, but dude is moving the ball down field and not committing stupid mistakes.

Houston and Tennessee hate each other. As rozy said earlier, the week 2 game between these two teams was a fucking deathmatch. Best game I've seen this season.

The Irresistable Force vs. The Immovable Object:

Houston's run defense is number one in the league since week 4. Chris Johnson is the best running back in the game.

Andre Johnson and Cortland Finnegan want to rip each others heads off. 'Dre loves primetime. He will certainly go off tonight.

Mario Williams is finally healthy coming off the bye week. He's had six sacks in his last two primetime TV games, so watch the fuck out. VY is a run first QB who is not easy to bring down when pressured. Hmmm...

I hope Bud Adams gives Houston fans the finger tonight because he won't make it out of the stadium alive.

The fans remember and they will never forget. No NFL franchise in the city of Houston for five long years.

Game fucking on.

Oh yeah, rozy? If what you say is true about the Titans sporting Oiler gear for tonight's game, then that will be the biggest mistake a franchise has ever made in the history of football. That is a death warrant.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Go Coogs' wrote: Oh yeah, rozy? If what you say is true about the Titans sporting Oiler gear for tonight's game, then that will be the biggest mistake a franchise has ever made in the history of football. That is a death warrant.
All I have is rumor, no substantiation yet. I would not put it past Bud, though.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Alright fuckers. The beer is cold, the guys are on their way, Mrs Rumps has full discretion of the credit card and intends to use it at a mall of her choice, and the pizza is being delivered. I'm lovin' the atmosphere at Reliant. Let's get this party started.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Go Coogs' wrote:Alright fuckers. The beer is cold, the guys are on their way, Mrs Rumps has full discretion of the credit card and intends to use it at a mall of her choice, and the pizza is being delivered. I'm lovin' the atmosphere at Reliant. Let's get this party started.
<<<< Buys Lane Bryant stock first thing tomorrow.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
KC Scott

Re: Texans - Titans in Game ( AKA Game of the Year!!)

Post by KC Scott »

First time I'm seeing both of these teams live this season. entertaining game so far.

VY is way better than I ever remember seeing him - If someone could ever teach him not to throw side-arm he might be a pretty damn good QB.

Houstons o-line looks pourous so far - all I've seem Schaub make are 3 steps drops
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I think that VY fumble may cost my team the game. Titans up 3 after the FG, but Titans can't afford missing point opportunities. Houston can score too fast. Very impressed with VY thus far though in spite of the fumble.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

KC Scott wrote:First time I'm seeing both of these teams live this season. entertaining game so far.

VY is way better than I ever remember seeing him - If someone could ever teach him not to throw side-arm he might be a pretty damn good QB.

Houstons o-line looks pourous so far - all I've seem Schaub make are 3 steps drops
He has to- they've got backup left and right guards in there. That O-line strongly resembles the Chiefs' O-line. :oops:

P.S.- Brian Cushing is a fucking STUD LB
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

It's obvious the missed kick in the Colt game is still in Kris Brown's head. What a fucking travesty this franchise has turned the season into. 4 games lost on the final play; all by the offense and field goal unit.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Rumps,

My brother kicked for UH. He was asked to try out for the Texans. My bro was top kicker in tryouts. Then they signed Kris Brown out of nowhere.

Glad he is killing you. I saw him miss the FG in Indy last week in person. I am a Titan Fan and loved seeing him implode tonight. The Texans made the wrong choice.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Just saw Chris Johnson being interviewed. Does he have Tourette's?
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Kris Brown has been a solid kicker for us in years past. Now that we have a near complete team, it's only fitting for the one sure thing to turn into a liability. Two missed FGs tonight where he had plenty of leg, but pushed one and pulled the other. It's all mental right now.

I hate for Kubiak to lose his job this way, but they need to finish the season 5-1 with the Colts and Pats still on the schedule. It's highly unlikely they get to 10-6, but 9-7 is still a possibility.

Kris Brown better get over this "illness" soon or we could be in for another 8-8 year. Fuck that.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Go Coogs' wrote:I hate for Kubiak to lose his job this way
I'm hoping he has a Pete Carrol-like resurgence at A&M...less the cheating.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Go Coogs' wrote:I hate for Kubiak to lose his job this way, but they need to finish the season 5-1 with the Colts and Pats still on the schedule. It's highly unlikely they get to 10-6, but 9-7 is still a possibility.
Hmmm.... also at Jacksonville (must win) and at Miami. Seattle and STL should be gimmees. If NE has nothing to play for in week 17, they'll tank it. Yeah. 9-7 sounds about right. No playoffs.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

IndyFrisco wrote:Rumps,

My brother kicked for UH. He was asked to try out for the Texans. My bro was top kicker in tryouts. Then they signed Kris Brown out of nowhere.

Glad he is killing you. I saw him miss the FG in Indy last week in person. I am a Titan Fan and loved seeing him implode tonight. The Texans made the wrong choice.
Not too tough to figure out who your brother is. Must have kicked for UH in 2001 to compete with Kris Brown for the kicking job in 2002.

How did his college career go anyways?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

He actually kicked before then. He was a few years removed from college when his special teams coach called him to try out for the Texans because he knew how big a leg he had. He kicked only 1 year at UH and then transferred to A&M where he tried to walk on. A&M had 2 kickers on schollie at the time and he didn't make the team. Career over.

Still, he suited up in the SWC (yes, the SWC) and played. More than most here could claim.

(By the way, he transferred to A&M because his girlfriend at the time went to A&M and he wanted to be with her. He grew up wanting to go to t.u. He gave up his college football career for a chick. To his credit, they are married still after 12 years and have 2 beautiful kids.)
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Kris Brown should die alone of gonorrhea.

sin

The Terrible Beagles

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

It must suck going through life not being able to trust anyone.