Wow OU struggled against Tech

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Wow OU struggled against Tech

Post by Danimal »

I realize OU has lost a lot to the injury-bug but geez. Their other losses were very competitive, could've gone either way. Today? Tech flat-out shithammered them and it looked like the team quit.
Last edited by Danimal on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
War Stoops
Elwood

Re: Wow OU struggled against Tech

Post by War Stoops »

OU lost their starting center in the first half (sixth offensive starter lost for the season) and the offense wasn't able to pick up a first down after that. The defense flat out quit. I don't blame them for being frustrated...OU has an all-world defense and a third-world offense. But quitting is bush-league and another indictment of this program's ability to handle adversity.

17-17 away from the state of Oklahoma since 2005.

Unacceptable.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

hard to watch. never seen a team with more 3rd and 10+ yards, consistently. can't block anyone.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

Disagree 100% with your first point. Tech moves the ball on everyone and OU did give up some chunks early. But they were going half-speed in the second half.

Agree 100% with your second point.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

I know you're not going to like what I'm about to say SoonerFan, but it is what it is: watching OU get their ASSES handed to them almost every week to me is karma biting "Big Game Choke" Bob in his backside for running it up on his Big 12 foes (not named Texas) last year. Hell, the Big 12 title game was a perfect example- dropping 62 on Mizzou and keeping his offensive starters in the whole game was bush league and classless. Frankly Sam Bradford got payback this year and Stoops is STILL getting his. Love it. Love it. Love it. :twisted:
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

War Stoops wrote:OU lost their starting center in the first half (sixth offensive starter lost for the season) and the offense wasn't able to pick up a first down after that. The defense flat out quit. I don't blame them for being frustrated...OU has an all-world defense and a third-world offense. But quitting is bush-league and another indictment of this program's ability to handle adversity.

17-17 away from the state of Oklahoma since 2005.

Unacceptable.
17-17? Really? That isn't acceptable for an OU.

Bedlam should be interesting. OU will have to start strong or Lite could really jump on them.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
Paul wrote:I know you're not going to like what I'm about to say SoonerFan, but it is what it is: watching OU get their ASSES handed to them almost every week to me is karma biting "Big Game Choke" Bob in his backside for running it up on his Big 12 foes (not named Texas) last year. Hell, the Big 12 title game was a perfect example- dropping 62 on Mizzou and keeping his offensive starters in the whole game was bush league and classless. Frankly Sam Bradford got payback this year and Stoops is STILL getting his. Love it. Love it. Love it. :twisted:
So what's karma punishing Missouri for?
Since MU has a better record, I guess I don't understand your question.
Tiger Woods....ALLEGEDLY wrote:"Hey, it's, uh, it's Tiger. I need you to do me a huge favor. Um, can you please, uh, take your name off your phone. My wife went through my phone. And, uh, may be calling you. If you can, please take your name off that and, um, and what do you call it just have it as a number on the voice mail, just have it as your telephone number. That's it, OK. You gotta do this for me. Huge. Quickly. All right. Bye."
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Believe the Heupel wrote:Missouri is 7-4, right? Damn, you guys must be ecstatic. In Norman, that's considered a terrible season.

OU is 4-3 in the Big 12.

Missouri is 3-4.

Again, what's karma punishing Missouri for?

RAck! Keep it up Mizzou fan. Ur just below CU on the detestability scale and you're gaining momentum fast. What a bunch of classless, bush-league fucks in Columbia.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

If we were any better, we'd suck.

Today on Soonerfans, someone called Lloyd Carr a "good coach," and I laughed. Then I thought about the similarities between he and Coach Stoops, and I cried.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

the_ouskull wrote:If we were any better, we'd suck.

Today on Soonerfans, someone called Lloyd Carr a "good coach," and I laughed. Then I thought about the similarities between he and Coach Stoops, and I cried.

the_ouskull
Lloyd was a good coach. So is Stoops. Every program has down years from time to time. You mix in the injuries OU has suffered with hopes of a great season going down the drain relatively early on and this is expected. They've probably just quit on the season, which is actually quite understandable. It seems like USC is doing the same thing.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Mace wrote:
TheJON wrote:They've probably just quit on the season, which is actually quite understandable. It seems like USC is doing the same thing.
Understandable?? Maybe. Acceptable? Never. If Stoops, his players, or OU fans consider "giving up" to be understandable, then they've lost the battle and the war. I'd guess that excusing it as being "undertandable" is not acceptable to the Sooners or Sooner Nation, and certainly not to Stoops.
Poor choice of word on my part. What I meant is I'm not surprised and you see this happen quite often. When a team has high expectations going into the season and those hopes are shattered early on in the year and then you mix in a bunch of injuries, it's really not surprising to see them just lay down and quit. Kind of like 2006 Iowa. That team just flat out quit.
Paul
Elwood

Post by Paul »

H4ever wrote:
Believe the Heupel wrote:Missouri is 7-4, right? Damn, you guys must be ecstatic. In Norman, that's considered a terrible season.

OU is 4-3 in the Big 12.

Missouri is 3-4.

Again, what's karma punishing Missouri for?

RAck! Keep it up Mizzou fan. Ur just below CU on the detestability scale and you're gaining momentum fast. What a bunch of classless, bush-league fucks in Columbia.
:meds: :meds: :meds:
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

I didn't watch the game but the first thing I thought when i saw the final score was the Sooner defense has given up on the year.

Then I remembered something about sand aggies.

No matter where taco tech is ranked when you play them in Lubbock you can add about 15 spots to their level of play based on their ranking. if they are top 20 you will be facing a top 10 team in Lubbock, but get them out of Lubbock and their ability to play goes down about 20 ranking spots. In other words, if they are a top 20 team, once outside of Lubbock they will play like a team ranked around 35.

So it really didn't surprise me that taco tech dropped the hammer on the spooners in Lubbock, I think this was about the third straight time it has happened there for stoops and company.

I think the season is done for the Sooners, I would be surprised if they win another game this season.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

OU plays okie state a home next saturday...seriously doubt we lose that game.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Paul has a point.

OU is snakebitten this year and it does have the characteristics of the dreaded karma tag. The Mizzou game last year was a shit thing to do by Stoops. I understand why he did it, but I kind of believe he is paying the price for it this year.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

Why does Stoops deserve bad Karma for handing off to his third string running back, off-tackle from near midfield in the 4th quarter? It's not his fault that Mizzou's defense had already called it a night. Oh, by the way, there was like 1/100th of a cunt hair separating OU and Texas in the BCS so can you blame him for wanting to make the win as impressive as possible?

Total bullshit.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

still waiting for the "karmic" interpretation of why Mizzou has traditionally been a mediocre to less than mediocre football program.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"