Congrats Fuskers on your North title

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Congrats Fuskers on your North title

Post by War Wagon »

In a backhanded sorta' way.

Mizzou is better than you, even though you won the 4th qtr. in a fluke of a monsoon in Columbia.

Enjoy getting smoked by Texas.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Re: Congrats Fuskers on your North title

Post by H4ever »

Bitter much Wags? Congrats on beating ISU, tho. At least ya didn't hand the game to them on a silver platter like we did.

OU staff and players have stated that Nebraska's D is better than Texas'. I hear we are third in the country behind FLorida and Alabama in points allowed and Nebraska's D is ranked up there in just about every defensive stat u can think of.

That said....Texas has a ton of athletes and it will be a monumental task to beat them in Dallas. I'm not worried, tho. Peleni seems to get the most out of what he's got and USC's 5 stars/3 deep hasn't amounted to much this year.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!! Beat that Texas ass!!!!!!
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Texas can be no worse than 11-1, and 7-1 in conference. Nebraska can be no better than 9-3, and 6-2 in conference.

Texas has already won the Big XII, so why the fuck are they playing this farce of a CCG?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Fluke?

The rain affected us plenty, hell your only td came after our corner slipped and fell to hand you scoring position. We dropped four picks including at-least one that would've been a pick-six. That game could've easily been blown open sooner. Plus it was a Thursday night in Columbia, advantage you guys. It was ugly, but not flukey, you weren't the better team.

As far as Texas goes I'm just hoping we keep it semi-close so we don't drop in the bowl picture.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Van wrote:Texas can be no worse than 11-1, and 7-1 in conference. Nebraska can be no better than 9-3, and 6-2 in conference.

Texas has already won the Big XII, so why the fuck are they playing this farce of a CCG?

It's called head to head competition. But, I'm with you "wise one" CCG has fucked the Big 12 out of at least 3 MNC's since the Big 12 formed. We need a sackless format like the Pac 10 and Big 11
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Texas is going to end this conference season with a two or even three game lead over Nebraska. The head to head game they didn't play wouldn't have made a difference. Even with a loss in that game Texas would still have a one game lead over Nebraska.

Why the fuck are they playing this farce of a CCG? If it ain't to break a legitimate tie then they shouldn't play CCGs, and this year's Big XII is yet another perfect example of why. Texas has nothing to gain, and everything to lose. Nebraska has nothing to lose, and everything to gain. That's fucking ridiculous, for a "championship" game.

H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Van wrote:Texas is going to end this conference season with a two or even three game lead over Nebraska. The head to head game they didn't play wouldn't have made a difference. Even with a loss in that game Texas would still have a one game lead over Nebraska.

Why the fuck are they playing this farce of a CCG? If it ain't to break a legitimate tie then they shouldn't play CCGs, and this year's Big XII is yet another perfect example of why. Texas has nothing to gain, and everything to lose. Nebraska has nothing to lose, and everything to gain. That's fucking ridiculous, for a "championship" game.

I agree, Van. But wtf? It is what it is. Greed is a mf'er and as a result....we don't have a playoff in D-1.
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Van wrote:Texas can be no worse than 11-1, and 7-1 in conference. Nebraska can be no better than 9-3, and 6-2 in conference.

Money talks, and the money people like having CCG's. Of course the director of the 12 tried to have his cake and eat it too by moving the CCG permanently to Dallas so he can have his money and cut down on the likelihood of a north team playing spoiler but it didn't fly.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Danimal wrote:

Money talks, and the money people like having CCG's. Of course the director of the 12 tried to have his cake and eat it too by moving the CCG permanently to Dallas so he can have his money and cut down on the likelihood of a north team playing spoiler but it didn't fly.
Yea...the arrogance is sickening. Fuck em. I would rather have an Orange bowl tie-in the way it used to be. Worked just fine before the hot-shots of a failed conference joined in.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

That's my point. CCGs which aren't played to break ties are nothing but cynical cash grabs.

'Spray's always talking about how the Pac 10 "needs" to get a CCG. No, they don't. They do it right. They all play each other, and a three loss team can't beat an undefeated team and be declared "champion," negating the entire season.

H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Van wrote:That's my point. CCGs which aren't played to break ties are nothing but cynical cash grabs.

'Spray's always talking about how the Pac 10 "needs" to get a CCG. No, they don't. They do it right. They all play each other, and a three loss team can't beat an undefeated team and be declared "champion," negating the entire season.

Fuck-an-A right Mr. Obvious. Why don't u pull some strings in Texas and tell them how fucking retarded they are? I believe it was them bitches' idea for a CCG. Karma says Nebraska beats TU in Dallas and fucks up their MNC hopes.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Nebraska? They still play football there? May as well play this game vias Bill Walsh College Football 992. That is the only chance Big Red has. :hfal:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I hope Nebraska wins, just to fuck the Big XII for playing this farce.

H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

campinfool wrote:Nebraska? They still play football there? May as well play this game vias Bill Walsh College Football 992. That is the only chance Big Red has. :hfal:
Translation: I wish my team had their success over the years. I think I will now go fist myself and while I watch another rousing episode of Star Trek the Next Generation.
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

GO BIG RED!
GO BIG RED!
GO BIG RED!

I can keep going but I think you get the point.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

War Stoops wrote:GO BIG RED!
GO BIG RED!
GO BIG RED!

I can keep going but I think you get the point.

Yep....same way Husker fan roots for OU against Tejas.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Jsc810 wrote:
Van wrote:Texas has already won the Big XII
Not according to the rules established before the season started.

Do you often want to change the rules in the middle of a season?

Oh, that's right, you do. :P
No shit. He might as well send his resume to Texas and get hired on as the director of propaganda. Didn't Texas stamp their feet, hold their breath, and print t-shirts and banners declaring themselves "Co-champs" or some shit a year or two ago?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Yeah, right, like I haven't been saying this about these farcical CCGs since at least 2005, back when 12-0 Texas had to play 8-4 Colorado, a team they'd already rolled that season, in a ridiculous CCG. I've been saying it forever.

It's a stupid fucking set up, and it needs to be scrapped.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Danimal wrote:Fluke?

The rain affected us plenty, hell your only td came after our corner slipped and fell to hand you scoring position. We dropped four picks including at-least one that would've been a pick-six. That game could've easily been blown open sooner. Plus it was a Thursday night in Columbia, advantage you guys. It was ugly, but not flukey, you weren't the better team.
Actually, Gabbert getting his ankle bent sideways by Suh on the first play of the game had more to do with the outcome than the weather. And it affected him for the next month as he tried playing thru it.

Not bitter at all, even though the schedule favored Nebraska. I, for one, want no part of playing Texas again. Good luck, you'll need it.
As far as Texas goes I'm just hoping we keep it semi-close so we don't drop in the bowl picture.
Like Van wrote, you're in a no lose situation. Everyone expects Texas to roll by a lopsided margin. I doubt you drop any regardless of the severe beatdown you are about to receive. Just hope nobody gets hurt.

And Van, it's not like they can change the schedule midway thru the season. Yes, it's a farce, but it's a part of the landscape. You can't just wish it away and none of the teams involved are complaining.
War Stoops
Elwood

Post by War Stoops »

By the way, Huskers and Longhorns, enjoy the "Beat Oklahoma" bowl.

:D
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Fuck Nebraska.....they were a score away from covering and getting me a 9 in the pick em.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Van enjoys calling a spade a spade, and a farce a farce.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

It wasn't a farce in 2003 when a heavily favored OU team got bitchslapped by KSU.

Upsets can and do happen. Let's play the game on the field, not a message board, ok?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

And Van, while the game itself may be a farce, it's certainly not to the local economies of those hosting such games. Huskerfan will travel en masse to Dallas and drop some serious coin, just as Soonerfan always does whenever they play at Arrowhead.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

War Wagon wrote:It wasn't a farce in 2003 when a heavily favored OU team got bitchslapped by KSU.
That was the game which proved the CCG concept to be the ultimate farce. Only a Colorado upset over Texas in '05, or a Nebraska upset this year, would be as equally farcical.

OU clearly won the conference that season. They clearly didn't care about that stupid CCG. They clearly got their heads handed to them in that farce of a CCG. The BCS voters clearly put zero stock in that farce, which they proved by keeping OU at number one in the BCS, despite OU having just lost that stupid game; despite USC being number one in both polls.

If ever a CCG proved the farcical nature of the whole concept, it was that one.
Upsets can and do happen. Let's play the game on the field, not a message board, ok?
Let's not, and all remain slightly less stupid as a result. Who cares if an upset occurs? The game has no business taking place, not when one team is playing for everything and the other team is playing for nothing. That is not a "championship game," it's a pointless, cynical money grab.

Win or lose, Nebraska no more deserves to be called the Big XII champion than Tim Tebow deserves to be in the Heisman chase this season.

The game is fucking meaningless, Wags. It should not be played. Period. Save those games for when they're necessary to break a tie in the conference, otherwise they serve no purpose other than to completely invalidate the entire season.

What if Nebraska wins? What if Colorado had won in '05? All it accomplishes is to fuck the Big XII. It crowns the wrong team "champion" while knocking the conference's best team out of the national title game. What happened with OU in '03 was a joke, and it'll never happen again. The next time a team gets killed in their CCG, they won't be going to the title game. Bank on that.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mace wrote:
Van wrote:Van enjoys calling a spade a spade, and a farce a farce.
And it's also pissin' in the wind. The CCG is on the schedule to be played and your opinions aren't going to change that fact. So, you're pissin' in the wind.
So what? That's also true of every word posted on this board, by every single one of us. Didn't stop you from posting mindless, pissin' in the wind "coachspeak" all season long, did it? Nope. You posted it anyway, despite the fact that your thoughts and opinions weren't going to matter one iota towards changing the outcome of anything.

That's pretty much what a CF message board is for, in case you hadn't figure it out yet. We piss in the wind, knowing full well that what we post will have no bearing on anything.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Waiting for you to post anything relevant would be like waiting for Petey to stop paying his players. Ain't gonna happen.
No, Petey doesn't pay his players. He's smart enough to know it's too big of a risk of getting caught. He has non-boosters give his players money because it's too hard to trace guys that are not technically associated with the program. Tim Floyd got caught not taking Petey's advice.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

It's going to make it a lot easier to [shudder]cheer for Nebraska[/shudder] in the CCG after CU embarrasses them this Friday.

Van is right, though. CCGs are teh suck.
"Keys, woman!"