Congratulations to JayDuck and Dins.

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Congratulations to JayDuck and Dins.

Post by Van »

Your Ducks were a machine. They completely outclassed USC. That was the best offensive performance any team ever laid on a Pete Carroll USC D, and there are no excuses for USC. Oregon was simply too good. They lined up and annihilated every aspect of the USC D.

That's a very good team you have there, especially in Autzen.

USC was bound to fall eventually, and it finally happened, and you guys are a worthy successor. You did what I couldn't have imagined: You destroyed USC in a big game. USC hadn't lost by more than seven since 2001, and you guys completely destroyed them.

Masoli is a stud, and your O-line is simply brilliant. LaMichael James is Quizz, The Sequel.

I wish you guys nothing but good luck from here on out. Keep Masoli healthy. Win out. Keep killing everyone in your path. Let the chips fall where they may with the stupid BCS, and win your bowl game.

Great effort tonight. Great team. Congrats.

Congrats also to Chip Kelly. Looks like you have yourselves a good one there, with that guy.

As for USC? They're done for this year. They'll likely lose one more game this season, then who knows what will happen in their bowl game.

The future looks bright, however, since they'll return practically everyone next year, and their schedule will be the easiest in recent memory. Their OOC is weak by their standards, and they get Oregon, Cal, Washington, Arizona State and ND all at home.

They'll be better next year. This year, they just aren't good enough. Too much inexperience on D has finally caught up to them.

By the way, here's a guilty admission: I love Autzen Stadium. That place is just too cool.

How bad was tonight? How hard did the college football gods shit on me?

Well, in addition to seeing USC's BCS reign come to an end, I also went 1-9 in Pick 'Em. That's right: 1-9. This, coming off a string of good weeks.

1-9. How is that even possible??

Hope you Duck fans have a blast tonight, on your way to enjoying a dream season. Stay healthy, Ducks, and finish this thing.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: Congratulations to JayDuck and Dins.

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote: How bad was tonight? How hard did the college football gods shit on me?
I know the feeling.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

War Wagon wrote:
Van wrote: How bad was tonight? How hard did the college football gods shit on me?
I know the feeling.
Even the adding insult to injury thing, with the 1-9?

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Taylor Mays still fucking acres me -- what if he comes to Portland to party tonight?

That freaking beast should be the #1 pick (but won't be -- although I'm a big Taylor Lott fan).

USC played fairly well, IMO -- they just saw the Beast get unleashed... I hope the rest of the country realizes the offensive juggernaut that they've just witnessed.

And Pollsters -- we hear about the "SEC speed on defense"... are you freaking blind? Despite the outcome, USC rocks -- bring LSU/FLA/Bama in tonight, and they wouldn't have fared nearly so well.

Van, still on the fence about Masoli? Not the passer DD was, but a much better runner. If his decision-making on the option catches up to DD... holy fuck.

Most athletic team in the country, bar none.

Too bad the pollsters won't give the love to the top team in the (statistacally and subjectiveley) best conferece's champ... that's fucked up.

Van -- I don't see SC losing another game -- they just got a big fat can-o-whoopass opened on them.

I won't even kick you while you're down, and mention things like...

"B-B-B-ut... Carroll doesn't lo0se 'must-win' conference games!"... cause they ain't played one in OUR MOTHERFUCKING house before (except maybe 07).

Best team in the best conference = Championship Game Berth... except it's rigged.

If Iowa gets past OSU (not likely), then it should be Oregon vs Iowa for the marbles. Otherwise, Oregon vs FLA/Bama.

Punish fucking UT for cupcaking -- do the Right Thing, pollsters.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I picked against my own team, Van.

I am a miserable creature, even if I had scored with that pick.

I don't know what's wrong with me....

wait. yes I do.

Texas.

They're the best team in the country, by far.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Florida will beat Texas. Texas doesn't have enough offensive balance, and they're playing too many weak teams. They're not going to be the least bit battle tested by the time they play Florida, who will have just come off a do-or-die game against Bama while Texas will have come off a cynical exhibition game they were wrongly forced to play against some three or four loss state school from Kansas.
Last edited by Van on Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Van -- sincere question...

Who would win next weekend, Oregon or FLA?

While UF's D is better than USC at this point, I just see way too much discrepancy between O and D -- Oregon has so much more firepower on offense, I have a hard time believing UF could win in the track meet.

Well, you saw what just happened -- your team didn't suck -- they just got run out of the building by a truly great offensive team. UF just wouldn't convert at the rate Duh'O does.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:Florida will beat Texas. Texas doesn't have enough offensive balance, and they playing too many weak teams.
I see why you need to edit. Captured. Don't bother now.

Texas, bank it.

Who needs balance when you can line-up and kick the living shit out of other teams?

Fuckhorns are playing in a different league.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Dinsdale wrote:Van -- sincere question...

Who would win next weekend, Oregon or FLA?
In Autzen, at night? Oregon.

In the Swamp? I'd probably go with Florida.

On a neutral field, say, in the title game? I'd go with Florida, for these reasons:

1-Experience. Florida's been there. It would be all new to Oregon; the long lay off, the constant media blitz leading up to the game, the expectations, etc.

2-A stronger defense

3-Confidence. By that point, Florida is playing for history.
While UF's D is better than USC at this point, I just see way too much discrepancy between O and D -- Oregon has so much more firepower on offense, I have a hard time believing UF could win in the track meet.
In a a BCS bowl game against Florida, I'd need to see Oregon be able to turn it into a track meet. If they could, then yes, I'd pick Oregon. I have my doubts though that under such different circumstances they'd play the same way they played tonight. Take them out of the comfort zone of the Pac 10 and especially Autzen, and make them wait six weeks to play a neutral site game against an unfamiliar opponent, and I'm guessing they don't play quite so perfectly.

My guess might also be every bit as wrong as it was tonight. Maybe Oregon just peaks, and blows them off the field. Certainly if their offense plays the way it played tonight, nope, nobody's stopping them.
Well, you saw what just happened -- your team didn't suck -- they just got run out of the building by a truly great offensive team. UF just wouldn't convert at the rate Duh'O does.
We would just have to see if they could take that same game into a very different environment, against an wholly unfamiliar and much more experienced opponent...with an hellacious D.

I definitely wouldn't expect to see Florida's more experienced D tackle as poorly as USC's did tonight, but that might mean Oregon only scores 35.
Last edited by Van on Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

I've spent 15 years watching high school and college football in Tejas.....

Oregon would beat Texas by about 40 this year.
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

War Wagon wrote:
Van wrote:Florida will beat Texas. Texas doesn't have enough offensive balance, and they playing too many weak teams.
I see why you need to edit. Captured. Don't bother now.

Texas, bank it.

Who needs balance when you can line-up and kick the living shit out of other teams?

Fuckhorns are playing in a different league.
They are: The very weak Big XII. Playing this year's Big XII will in no way prepare them to play the Florida D. With OU not being OU this year, and with Okie St's better version of Jordan Shipley unable to play, Texas has no opponents this season. None. They play nobody OOC, and there isn't a single team besides OU in the Big XII who's even remotely close to Texas.

PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

Texas also hasn't had the refs helps them win a game against an unranked opponent, at home. Texas also didn't have to escape with a win, at home, against an unranked team and only win by two thanks to a lucky blocked field goal. Texas has taken care of business with the schedule given to them. It's not their fault that two BCS schools backed out of playing them as they didn't wanna have them bruise their vaginas.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

congrats Oregon fans, your team played better and wanted it more

Hopefully now Pete will stop chasing the gang bangers around LA trying to make their fucked up neighborhoods safer for them to win him some god damn good samaritan award and start spending more time on that god damned football program. For fucks sake Pete hire some real assistant coaches, Seto is worthless
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Congrats Dins and JayDuck.

There's really nothing to add. There's really nothing more I can say.

Good luck in the Rose Bowl. Oregon definitely deserves it.
FIGHT ON!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Well, at least we have a different 1 loss PAC 10 team bitching at years end.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Class, as usual, by Indy.

:meds:

Laxplayer
President of the USC hater club
Location: On the golf course because......well, I'm the golf coach.

Post by Laxplayer »

Well Van, at least some congratulations are in order for you. Your Knights beat the Celts Friday night on a 52 yard FG with 1 second left. Yeah it was a tough weekend for you but I figure since you're one of the 3 $C fans I like and respect. (I know you don't give a shit but it makes me feel good) I'd throw something positive your way. ND-Loyola this week and the Celts get Amat and if they lose they're basically out of the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row. See.....something positive. Happy Sunday.....Hi greg......
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Van wrote:USC will beat Texas. Texas doesn't have enough offensive balance, and they're playing too many weak teams. They're not going to be the least bit battle tested by the time they play USC, who will have just come off a do-or-die game against Bama while Texas will have come off a cynical exhibition game they were wrongly forced to play against some three or four loss state school from Kansas.
Sin,

GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Laxplayer wrote:Well Van, at least some congratulations are in order for you. Your Knights beat the Celts Friday night on a 52 yard FG with 1 second left. Yeah it was a tough weekend for you but I figure since you're one of the 3 $C fans I like and respect. (I know you don't give a shit but it makes me feel good) I'd throw something positive your way. ND-Loyola this week and the Celts get Amat and if they lose they're basically out of the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row. See.....something positive. Happy Sunday.....Hi greg......

52 yard FG by a kid in high school?

The Trojans don't have anyone on their roster with that range.
FIGHT ON!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

.m2 wrote: Oregon would beat Texas by about 40 this year.
right...

And Cal would beat Oklahoma by 50.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Oregon might not lose another game until the fall of 2011.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
GreginPG wrote:
Laxplayer wrote:Well Van, at least some congratulations are in order for you. Your Knights beat the Celts Friday night on a 52 yard FG with 1 second left. Yeah it was a tough weekend for you but I figure since you're one of the 3 $C fans I like and respect. (I know you don't give a shit but it makes me feel good) I'd throw something positive your way. ND-Loyola this week and the Celts get Amat and if they lose they're basically out of the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row. See.....something positive. Happy Sunday.....Hi greg......

52 yard FG by a kid in high school?

The Trojans don't have anyone on their roster with that range.
Big difference between kicking off a tee and off the ground. I think the HS record is actually longer than the pro record.
I'd still take the high school kid. I think Congdon's long is 42. That's pushing his range.
FIGHT ON!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Van wrote:Class, as usual, by Indy.

:meds:
:lol:
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:Oregon might not lose another game until the fall of 2011.
Why, do they play Boise again?

Kidding...props on the monster win, DuckFan.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I don't understand why Texas isn't deserving right now?

They are playing just as good as Oregon right now by going on the road two weeks in a row and absolutely spanking their opponents.

And yes, I am aware the Bix XII is down, but Ok State did beat Geogia and Georgia was whipped by Florida. Guess what, Texas just put a beatdown on the team who beat Georgia, so what is the thinking behind idea that Texas doesn't belong?

Their offense is starting to gain tread and I would put Will Muschamp's defense up against any other defense in the country right now. It's not a fluke that Texas is 2nd in the nation in total defense and have created more turnovers than Florida.

The Pokes had averaged 34 points a game headed into Saturday and the Horns absolutely put it on them. Dez Bryant or not, Texas' defense was fucking stout last night.

They are the 1st or 2nd best team in the nation right now.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Texas just put a beatdown on the team who beat Georgia, so what is the thinking behind idea that Texas doesn't belong?
Georgia is an absolutely horrible football team in every facet of the game. Beating them at home in week 1 is nothing whatsoever to brag about. That is not even close to being a quality win.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

TheJON wrote:
Texas just put a beatdown on the team who beat Georgia, so what is the thinking behind idea that Texas doesn't belong?
Georgia is an absolutely horrible football team in every facet of the game. Beating them at home in week 1 is nothing whatsoever to brag about. That is not even close to being a quality win.
Georgia is this decade's Syracuse of the 90's***. consistently overrated or underachieving or just plain bad.

***I'm also giving a nod to Barry Alvarez's Wisconsin teams who, if you listened to the sports media, were clearly the greatest 8 and 9 win teams of all-time.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Believe the Heupel wrote:
TheJON wrote:
You sure you want to go comparing week one wins there Jon?
Who the fuck is comparing anything?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

TheJON wrote:
Who the fuck is comparing anything?
you are trying to diminish UT's position in the BCS which is clearly in comparison to the pro-Iowa position you take and topical in the thread. you say UGA is not a quality win but that Zona and ISU (!) are....because the one lessens UT's resume (from the perspective of your argument) and the other enhances Iowa. these are partisan and preferential *comparative* assessments.

you have to admit that. it's certainly open to debate that a win over ISU is quality ("a BCS team on the road"; "a bowl team") and beating UGA isn't.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Hu? I said Georgia sucks. They do suck. I'm not really sure what Georgia has to do with Iowa. Georgia is a bad football team. Not because Iowa beat ISU or Arizona, but because they suck. Okie St deserves no props for that win, much like Iowa deserves no props for beating UNI.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

so you maintain Iowa beating ISU and U of A are "quality wins" for which the Hawkeyes deserve "props". but UGA which has 3 of 4 losses to top 10 teams (prior to OSU losing last night) is not "quality"?
Last edited by King Crimson on Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Believe the Heupel wrote:OK.

I'm not bashing Iowa's schedule. I just think it's funny to say Georgia's not a quality win for the first game of the season when UNI was Iowa's opening game. Sure, Georgia's not as good as they normally are, but how is that any more OSU's fault than Missouri pussing out on Iowa is Iowa's?
I actually give credit to Okie State for scheduling Georgia. It's not their fault Georgia just happens to suck for the first time in many years. They just don't get credit this season for beating a lousy team. Much like Utah deserved no credit last year for beating Nebraska. I am not ripping on them for playing a lousy team.

Iowa did not play UNI because Missouri backed out, by the way. We have already played our opponents to replace Missouri. We were supposed to play Missouri in 2006 and 2007. We ended up with Syracuse and I believe Montana (or Montana State, I can't fucking remember). UNI is on the schedule because we refuse to play tough OOC schedules.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

It doesn't matter who initially scheduled who. You can't justify why Texas should be leap frogged over any other undefeated team.

Right now, they are 1 of the 2 best teams in the country.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Go Coogs' wrote:It doesn't matter who initially scheduled who. You can't justify why Texas should be leap frogged over any other undefeated team.

Right now, they are 1 of the 2 best teams in the country.
Why is that?

Nevermind, don't bother answering.......I know....because they're Texas. Nice take.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

TheJON wrote:[Why is that?
Oh I don't know. Maybe it's because they started the season ranked #2 and have won every game they've played rather convincingly, 'cept maybe the OU game.

Again, the two best defenses in the country are Florida and Texas. Couple that with their offenses being better than Bama and Iowa's and they are the clear cut #1 and #2 teams right now.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I was expecting a retarded response and you did not disappoint. There's no clear cut number 1 and 2 and anyone that tries to say there is are flat out fucking dumb. Who gives a fuck where they started? What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Doesn't mean they're better than teams like Bama or Iowa. No clear cut top teams and to say otherwise is ridiculous.
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Papa Willie wrote:
Mace wrote:True, and Texas will jump back to #2 after the SEC championship game.....just like clockwork.
We'll have to see. Logic would certainly say that, but after just taking a look at Texas' schedule, I'm not so sure. The Big 12 just ain't what it was a year ago.

September 5 Louisiana-Monroe W 59-20 1-0 (0-0)
Bwahahaha.

September 12 at Wyoming W 41-10 2-0 (0-0)
Bwaaaaahaha.

September 19 Texas Tech W 34-24 3-0 (1-0)
TT ain't what they were last year.

September 26 UTEP W 64-7 4-0 (1-0)
Bwaaaaahaha.

October 10 Colorado W 38-14 5-0 (2-0)
Nope. Nothing special here at all.

October 17 vs. No. 20 Oklahoma* W 16-13 6-0 (3-0)
Only quality win UT has had this year. If Bradford wasn't hurt, Okie wins. Simple as that. Oklahoma = not as good as last year.

October 24 at Missouri W 41-7 7-0 (4-0)
Mizzou isn't nearly as good as they were last year.

October 31 at No. 14 Oklahoma State W 41-14 8-0 (5-0)
Everybody thought OSU was great when they beat UGA. Not so much. Take Dez Bryant away, and OSU is extremely average.

November 7 UCF 12:00 PM ET
Nothing special at all. Why in the fuck would Texas be playing UCF this late in the year, anyway? That's sort of bizarre...

November 14 at Baylor
:meds: :meds: :meds:

November 21 Kansas
This one might be fun. KU might give them more of a fight than they would think.

November 26 at Texas A&M 8:00 PM ET
Aggies are weird this year. Logically, though, UT should have no trouble with this one.

If both 'Bama & Florida go through the season undefeated and the SEC Championship game is won by 1-2 points, it might not be a given that Texas is #2 (I'm thinking more along the lines of what BCS might do as opposed to all humans). If Texas beats the shit out of their Big 12 NO opponent in the Big 12 CG, then they should have the #2 locked down.

Texas looks pretty damned good to me, but they aren't really getting tested, IMO. Over the years, usually the Big 12 monsters beat these lesser teams with scores of 70-7 and things like that. Other than the UTEP win, there really hasn't been any of that with UT this year.

Although the Big 10 folks don't whine NEARLY as much as the Pac 10 folks do, it's really simple. The Big 10 AND the Pac 10 both now need an extra team or two and/or at least have that 13th game in their schedule - being the championship game. 'Sall there is to it.

I don't care what it looks like to a lot of people, but I'm digging Iowa this year. I've always loved "never say die" teams, and they're certainly one of THOSE this year! They've looked a little ugly at times, but that shit yesterday was pretty fucking impressive - don't care who it was against....
Let's see....September 5 was supposed to be Utah but their coach who said that they would play anyone anywhere pussed out. So, we had to find a patsie on short notice. ULaM was more than happy to take their beating and their check.

Wyoming was supposed to be Arkansas. But, They too had a big dose of Vagina and backed out to play a lesser A&M team in Jerry World. This happened in the last 10 months.

We tried to schedule Notre Dame but they will not play us. We did schedule home and homes with UCLA, Ole Miss, Cal and Minnesota for the next few seasons. Hopefully they will be better when we strap it on and not puss out.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

If this was a different system, then I would agree with you.

However, given the shit system we deal with today, Florida and Texas are 1 and 2.

Iowa shouldn't even be in the discussion with the way they win their games. I'm not saying they aren't legit, but they aren't FU or UT right now. But I could be wrong. Ohio State stunned Miami in 2002.

I just don't see where people get off by saying Texas couldn't hang with Florida or Oregon right now. Bullshit. They haven't done anything to give people that vibe.

They are winning football games with stellar defense and a deece offense. Show me another team other than Florida who has the balanced attack attack that UT does and is undefeated.

TCU? Perhaps. But they are getting stuck with the MMC tag.
Boise St? Nope.
Iowa? Offense is too inconsistent.
Bama? Offense can't get vertical. Florida could play man-2-man and put 8 in the box. Bama wouldn't even cross midfield.
Cincy? We'll find out just how good they are when they have to play Pitt an WVU.

Had Oregon taken care of business against Boise St, then I'd put them up there with Texas and Florida. They have a loss, so they aren't part of the discussion unless everyone loses in front of them. Well that, or LSU beating Bama next week and then beating Florida in the SEC title game. You'd need a lot of help from the voters, which they will get should it happen. Iowa could get screwed by a one loss Oregon team for the MNC. Sucks for you.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Iowa shouldn't even be in the discussion with the way they win their games.
Playing good defense, making plays on offense when they need to, forcing turnovers, not committing a lot of penalties, not beating themselves, etc....

Such horrible play.

ESPN just called, they would like you to quit stealing their takes.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

TheJON wrote:not beating themselves
Are you referring to the six turnovers yesterday or how they spend their nights when their not playing football?