college fixedball

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

college fixedball

Post by TheJON »

The tema with the best resume in the country is 8th. They won't vote Iowa higher because our computer numbers are high enough to make us a threat to play in the title game if our human poll ranking is high enough. TCU, Cincy, and Boise are ranked higher in the human polls because they know those teams are no threats for the title game because of the computer rankings. This shit is rigged. I'm enjoying watching real football today where teams postseason fates aren't based off of biases and crap like that. CFB is not legit. NFL is real football. Do not RIP Myles Brand. You were a scumbag and a hope you're burning in hell.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Re: college fixedball

Post by GreginPG »

You say CFB is not legit.

I say the same thing about Iowa.
FIGHT ON!
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Mace wrote:Oh, and I'll also be rooting for the Ducks.....
Of course you will be. That much was a given.
Last edited by GreginPG on Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FIGHT ON!
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I'm pretty sure that if Iowa had to go into Seattle minus Stanzi and their best defender following an emotional win at Ohio St their string of scabdick wins may also a scabdick loss.

Let Iowa go into Seattle with a backup QB starting his first ever college game, then talk.

USC is undefeated with Barkley, same as Iowa is with Stanzi.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Bullshit.

GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

I would like to know the real reason behind Iowa fan also being a Duck fan this coming Saturday.
Actually, I'm pretty sure I know the reason, I just want to see it from one of them.
FIGHT ON!
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mace wrote:If Stanzi were to go down, Iowa would be fucked, but I won't use it as an excuse for any loss.
You just did, so quit your bullshit "stand up guy" posturing and STFU.

When a team has to start a QB on the road who's never played before, it greatly affects the outcome of the game. It's not an excuse, it's a fact.

GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Mace wrote:
GreginPG wrote:I would like to know the real reason behind Iowa fan also being a Duck fan this coming Saturday.
Actually, I'm pretty sure I know the reason, I just want to see it from one of them.
Primarily to shut up arrogant USC fan.
Wrong answer.
FIGHT ON!
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Exactly, Greg. The correct answer would be...
Mace wrote:If I were to ever be honest, the fact is that I'd simply rather not have to face USC. I want Oregon to take USC out for us, because I know Iowa wouldn't do it.
Mace, Mace. "Twatlips?" "Ball sucker?"

Proud moment in your posting history there, champ.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

GreginPG wrote:You say CFB is not legit.

Fuck off dipshit. You fucking lost to Washington. Talk about a team that's not legit. Fans like you ruin this game. This is why CFB is fixed because tards like you make up the majority. We just decide to call teams not legit because pieces of dog shit like yourself are convinced only the top teams are legit. Go fucking off yourself, cunt.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

With that defense, Iowa could continue to win without Stanzi. Stanzi isn't all that good, anyway, though he does play well under pressure so I'll give him that.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

:lol:
Iowa Fan, acting like they've been there before, and showing their true colors, wrote:"Twat lips." "Ball sucker." "Dipshit." "Tards." "Pieces of dogshit." "Fucking off yourself, cunt." "I hope you pieces of shit get AIDS."
Last edited by Van on Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:With that defense, Iowa could continue to win without Stanzi. Stanzi isn't all that good, anyway, though he does play well under pressure so I'll give him that.
Nonsense. Replace Stanzi with some kid who's never started a game before and Iowa doesn't win last night, and they probably lose at least another game or two so far.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

And fuck off to anyone even trying to play the injury excuse bullshit to Iowa fan. Fuck you. We've basically played the majority of this season with our 2nd string offense (literally) and only 1 of our starting CB's and on top of that we just lost a few more key players this weekend. But we're 8-0 playing one of the toughest schedules in the nation and retards are doubting. Seriously, I hope you pieces of shit get AIDS. Thanks for ruining what once was a great sport.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

:lol:
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mace, wtf? Where did I begin throwing out lame name calling like "twatlips?"

That was all you, completely unprovoked.

GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Mace wrote: You asked why and I told you. It's the right answer but please feel free to put words in my mouth, Greg. What's your "right answer"?
I don't think Iowa wants to see USC in the Rose Bowl. An Iowa/USC matchup in the Rose Bowl is a more realistic possibility than either
team playing in the MNC. We've seen that movie (Iowa/USC) before and everyone is all too aware of how that turned out.

Having said that, there's an awful lot of football yet to be played and USC beating Oregon at Autzen is by far from a foregone concludion. They
could lose that game and I wouldn't be surprised. If they lose, no Rose Bowl...but what the hell do I know. I'm just an arrogant USC fan.
FIGHT ON!
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

TheJON wrote:
GreginPG wrote:You say CFB is not legit.

Fuck off dipshit. You fucking lost to Washington. Talk about a team that's not legit. Fans like you ruin this game. This is why CFB is fixed because tards like you make up the majority. We just decide to call teams not legit because pieces of dog shit like yourself are convinced only the top teams are legit. Go fucking off yourself, cunt.
Really??

I don't think Iowa is legit (my opinion) and say so and here comes typical Iowa fan with profanity and name calling and 'fans like you ruin this game' right on cue.

Thank you.

Wow, USC lost to Washington?? I did not know that. Thanks again.
FIGHT ON!
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Mace wrote:
GreginPG wrote:
Mace wrote: You asked why and I told you. It's the right answer but please feel free to put words in my mouth, Greg. What's your "right answer"?
I don't think Iowa wants to see USC in the Rose Bowl. An Iowa/USC matchup in the Rose Bowl is a more realistic possibility than either
team playing in the MNC. We've seen that movie (Iowa/USC) before and everyone is all too aware of how that turned out.

Having said that, there's an awful lot of football yet to be played and USC beating Oregon at Autzen is by far from a foregone concludion. They
could lose that game and I wouldn't be surprised. If they lose, no Rose Bowl...but what the hell do I know. I'm just an arrogant USC fan.
Yes, Greg, they've played in the past but, just in case you didn't know, the actors in the movie have changed. I don't know if Iowa could beat USC, should they ever meet, but I can tell you that they wouldn't travel to Pasadena and be in fear of playing the Trojans. And, for the record, "arrogant USC fan" was not a reference to you. Also for the record, I'd rather face USC than Oregon.
Points all taken and yes I know the actors have changed. And for the record, you should be a "Trojan fan" this weekend. If you'd really rather face USC than Oregon the only way that happens is if SC wins.
FIGHT ON!
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Mace wrote:
GreginPG wrote:Points all taken and yes I know the actors have changed. And for the record, you should be a "Trojan fan" this weekend. If you'd really rather face USC than Oregon the only way that happens is if SC wins.
I guess my desire to shut Van up (not that a loss to Oregon would do that) outweighs who I would prefer playing in the Rose Bowl....should Iowa actually end up there. I'm more concerned right now with beating Indiana, and just as concerned about the following week with Northwestern, since it comes a week ahead of the trip to Columbus. Gotta play them one week at a time and leave the polls to the pollsters.
Trust me, as an SC fan I have way more to worry about than Iowa or their fans. Even though at this point in the season as my expectations are being exceeded, I still don't think the Rose Bowl is a given by any means. In fact I think this would be one of Carroll's best coaching jobs if in fact USC gets there.

As far as shutting people up, meh...whatever. I don't find Van to be arrogant at all. As a fan I think he's a lot like me in that he's realistic, probably closer to the program than I am (like that's hard)...he just smacks a little harder than I do but I hardly think that makes him arrogant. As a fan, Van is not one of those that embarrasses me (a USC fan) in any way.
FIGHT ON!
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mace wrote:
Van wrote:Mace, wtf? Where did I begin throwing out lame name calling like "twatlips?"

That was all you, completely unprovoked.
Oh, I don't know....maybe it was when you called me a liar and told me to STFU.
I didn't call you a liar. I said you'd be lying if you were to sit there and try and tell me that you think Iowa would beat USC in a Rose Bowl.

You still haven't said that. If you do say it then yes, you're lying.

Simple question, Mace: If you had to bet your house - not if you'd want to, or if you ever would, but if for some reason you had to - who would you risk your house on in a USC-Iowa Rose Bowl?

Everything else is moot. That's all that matters. You know that you would not bet on Iowa to beat USC in a Rose Bowl. No way, no how, not if your house was at stake. You wouldn't, Jon wouldn't, Mgo wouldn't, nobody here would, and none of the pollsters would either.
That could have been it. FYI, I'm not a liar and I will not shut the fuck up.
You also won't step up and say that you'd bet on Iowa beating USC. If and when you do, then yes, you're a liar. Until then you're just spinning, so you should STFU, but you're not a liar.
You're not impressed with Iowa?
To the point that I'd rank them above USC, Cincy and TCU? No. I'm impressed with their guttiness, but I'm not so impressed with them that I see them as a top five team. They're not that talented, and they haven't played that well so far.
Okay. Doesn't really matter.
No, it doesn't. Of course it doesn't. Nothing any of us thinks matters in the least. Last I checked, none of us has a BCS vote.
I'm not impressed with a team that loses to a sub .500 conference team and scabdicks past ND.
You're impressed enough with them that you'd bet on your own team to lose to them, if it came to it. That's all that matters. The rest is bullshit posturing.

And for all that, USC may very well lose to Oregon, and not go to a BCS bowl. If they manage to go 11-1 though, no, you don't want USC; not in the Rose Bowl, or the title game. You wouldn't bet on Iowa to beat such a USC team.

Nolesy
Eternal Scobode

Post by Nolesy »

I'm pulling for Iowa to make the NC game just to see Jon spaz out. Imagine the month of comedy prior to the game.
Fuck the ACLU. It will always be Merry Christmas to me.

Barrack Obama is lib speak for Jimmy Carter
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

typical van posturing: create some dipshit scenario and pretend it's proof of...something? usc vs. alabama. are you really going to bet on bama if my .m2 alter ego and i tag team your ass if usc wins? no? oh, proof usc could win the super bowl then.

it's understandable that SC struggled on the road without their starting qb even though he's just a freshman whose coaches trusted him to do little more than hand the ball off. then again, i just remembered they lost to washington. nevermind.

and the real reason iowa fan is rooting for oregon this week: the same reason most people casually root for a dominant program to lose. nice psychoanalysis there. too bad it's based more on your solipsism than anyone you were trying to evaluate. i think iowa fans are more concerned with the blow jobs usc gets from the media - and, consequently, the inflated ranking - than they are having to play them in the rose bowl, not to mention the fact every teams' fans near the top of the BSC standings roots against similarly ranked teams.

sc is completely pedestrian this year. i would think it the one year iowa would be salivating to play them in the rose bowl.
Last edited by M Club on Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Van wrote: Let Iowa go into Seattle with a backup QB starting his first ever college game, then talk.
Unless, of course, that QB is facing USC, in which case the team not starting its backup QB gets to make all the excuses.
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- In what's been the year of the upset in college football, Stanford's stunner just might top them all.

Tavita Pritchard threw a 10-yard touchdown pass to Mark Bradford on fourth-and-goal with 49 seconds remaining Saturday night, giving the 41-point underdog Cardinal a 24-23 victory over No. 2 Southern California.
Making his first career start, Pritchard had to convert on fourth-and-20 four plays before the winning TD, and because he couldn't hear his coach calling in the play, he was on his own.
"I knew he'd come through," Harbaugh said of Pritchard, a 6-foot-4, 200-pound sophomore from Tacoma, Wash., who entered the game having thrown three passes.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mace wrote:I guess my desire to shut Van up
You say that as if it is possible. It isn't. There will always be an excuse. U$C is 1,021,987-0 if you remove injuries and bad coaching decisions.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Van wrote:Simple question, Mace: If you had to bet your house - not if you'd want to, or if you ever would, but if for some reason you had to - who would you risk your house on in a USC-Iowa Rose Bowl?
Why would anyone ever bet their house on a coin flip? At this point, that's all it would be. $C lost to suckfest Washington and barely beat a meh ND team. Iowa had two bad WINS. A bad win > a bad loss. It is a coin flip at this point. And if asked U$C/Iowa in a neutral field (and the Rose Bowl is not neutral, btw), I would take Iowa.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Though not convinced Iowa is a great team...they've played 8 and won em all. Can't do any better than that. Sure a few breaks here and there and there's 20 teams in the nation who might be undefeated right now. I'm on the fence of whether to hope Iowa gets blown up along the way or in the title game should they make it....or rooting for them to pull it off and win MNC.

Against Jesus H. Tebow and the Gaytors on national t.v. with memories of the Arkansas travesty still fresh in the minds of the whole country. Wonder if they would pull out the shit calls to help Florida should Iowa threaten to win? If so....and Iowa had one stolen from them on national t.v., you can bet the whole state of Iowa is going to be flipping over combines and tractors and rioting in the streets. The L.A. riots will look like an episode of Dora the Explorer in comparison. :lol: