Week 7 CFB Pickem Results

A forum for Shine to shine.

Moderators: Shine, indyfrisco

L45B
Commanche Hero

Re: Week 7 CFB Pickem Results

Post by L45B »

88 wrote:Congrats to L45B, who won the week outright with 9 correct picks. I'm sure he'd trade those 9 correct picks for 9 points against Purdue..., but that is what makes this game so great.
Wurd, 88. Complete anomaly this week. Amazing that I had more picks than Terrelle Pryor.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

L45B wrote:
88 wrote:Congrats to L45B, who won the week outright with 9 correct picks. I'm sure he'd trade those 9 correct picks for 9 points against Purdue..., but that is what makes this game so great.
Wurd, 88. Complete anomaly this week. Amazing that I had more picks than Terrelle Pryor.
I'm fucking pathetic.
FIGHT ON!
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

GreginPG wrote:
L45B wrote:
I'm fucking pathetic.
least you're beating your wife.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Moby Dick wrote:least you're beating your wife.

Just the way that's worded...sayin' :doh:
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Thought I had a shot with 8....nice going L45!
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

4 wins. Pathetic.

What's keeping me in this is that all of the weekly winners, except for Shoalzie and Mgo, are ahead of me in the standings. That, and everyone pretty much sucks this year.

Thanks for the work on this, 88.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:4 wins. Pathetic.

What's keeping me in this is that all of the weekly winners, except for Shoalzie and Mgo, are ahead of me in the standings. That, and everyone pretty much sucks this year.

Thanks for the work on this, 88.

I got my weekly win so everything else is gravy at this point. It doesn't look like I'd qualify as an at-large with how mediocre I've been.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

How does one qualify for an at-large bid - and what would they be qualifying for anyway? Other than the season's winner getting a trophy, is there some other tournament which is coming up later? Is there something like NASCAR's "Chase For The Cup" deal, where we're all currently trying to earn points towards some mini-tourney later in the year?

(Edit: Okay, after reading 88's description of the rules following each set of games, I discovered this...

6. If you win a week, you automatically qualify for the Bowl Championship Round of Pickem.

7. If not, you still might get in on total correct picks for the year and/or percentage correct picks.

Okay then, what is the "Bowl Championship Round" of Pick 'Em? How does that work?)
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

The Bowl Championship round is pretty simple. Qualifiers will pick games against the spread for every bowl game. The person with the most correct picks wins the whole enchilada.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mgo, what is the cut-off point for at-large qualifiers? Is it based on something like the top ten pickers overall, or must some percentage of correct picks be met?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

There are x number of at-large spots given out, and at-larges are selected by highest point totals. I don't recall how many at-large spots there are (88 can clarify), but if somebody wins a week more than once, that will eliminate one of the at-large spots.
GreginPG
Eternal Scobode

Post by GreginPG »

Moby Dick wrote:least you're beating your wife.
Overall perhaps. She beat me this week though and it wasn't really close.

Interesting choice of words btw.
FIGHT ON!
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Forgot to pick this week.... :doh:
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.