please read this - or you may fucking die!

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Re: please read this

Post by PSUFAN »

I've never gotten a flu shot, and I never will.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

cockblock caught the dreaded swineflu 2 weeks ago.

he got up in the morning complaining about not feeling well. the wife, per usualm assumed the worse as she always does and ran him off to the doc. in this case she called it right. he got some meds and was feeling fine in a few days. had to stay out of school for a week though. i think he logged about 13000 hrs on wii during that week.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Katy

Post by Katy »

H1N1 is going through my kid's school now. There are no vaccinations for garden variety influenza or swine flu available in my area at the moment.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I'm starting to feel a little stuffy and sneezy this afternoon as a matter of fact.

I should prolly log off so you all don't catch anything from me.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

The wife is about 15 weeks pregnant and wants to get the shot. Only available for those considered high risk in MA until mid November. I don't think she qualifies.

Me... fuck that shit. I don't get sick. Period.
TIGRDOG
Jake

Post by TIGRDOG »

I'll post the same thing I posted to Chip elsewhere:::

"I've had 1 flu shot in my life and as an MD worked around it all the time. My brother is an MD and will not get near it. Many others as well.

If,, IF..mind you , I get H1N1....the virus has not been any more extreme than seasonal flu and you will get sum immunity, even if the virus mutates to a more dangerious variety.

I do NOT trust the government..particularly THIS one on producing sumthing so fast that is "safe".

No thanks.

If I die....too bad.

BUT, as alway..appreciate your concern Chip ! "
DRILL HERE.. DRILL NOW.. VAS TIER ------ REBDOG
BarFlie
x-grunt

Post by BarFlie »

I caught the flue about 3 weeks ago and it took me 4 days to get over it. I figure I'm immune now.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

I'm left to clean this up after all of you are gone.

Got my flu shot on Sunday.
"So let it be written; so let it be done."
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BarFlie wrote:I caught the flue about 3 weeks ago and it took me 4 days to get over it. I figure I'm immune now.
as long as it doesn't mutate again like it's done at least three times already, you should be fine...

good luck
get out, get out while there's still time
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

Recently I believe 3 or 6 thousand kids up at WSU in Pullman got it and I didnt hear about any of them dieing. Media and Government hysteria.
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

PSUFAN wrote:I've never gotten a flu shot, and I never will.
I should add - I haven't had the flu since 2000...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

PSUFAN wrote:
Do you have a wife and kids? I NEVER and I mean NEVER used to get sick. Now with the wife and step-son I get whatever they carry about 2/3 the time. Just found out today the stepson has mono. He feels fine except for his extremely soar throat. Oh well, battle through you know.
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

53,175 cases
849 deaths

This in a country with 304,059,724 people. :meds:

You are more likely to die from just the normal flu yet they are hyping the swine flu... :lol:
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Trampis wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:
Do you have a wife and kids? I NEVER and I mean NEVER used to get sick. Now with the wife and step-son I get whatever they carry about 2/3 the time. Just found out today the stepson has mono. He feels fine except for his extremely soar throat. Oh well, battle through you know.
There's always the emergency room.

sin

Republicans
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Trampis, yes - my family seems capable of infecting me more readily with sniffles and the like...but as a whole, my kids and I aren't sick very often at all. My own belief is that trying to avoid germs and virii is futile...and possibly, that approach sets you up to be hit harder when you encounter the germs.

Some people spend their short time on Earth always wondering exactly to what degree they are sick or impaired or less than perfect. I say if you lift rocks, you'll find bugs under them.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

in this instance, it appears we'll get off relatively easy insofar as the spread of the swine flu (which is classified as a pandemic virus) goes.....the H1N1 virus seems relatively benign (death rates estimated somewhere between 1-100 to 1-1,000), but the alarming thing is the speed at which it has been spread throughout the world and really punctuates the potential havoc a more lethal type of influenza could inflict.....
get out, get out while there's still time
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

PSUFAN wrote:Trampis, yes - my family seems capable of infecting me more readily with sniffles and the like...but as a whole, my kids and I aren't sick very often at all. My own belief is that trying to avoid germs and virii is futile...and possibly, that approach sets you up to be hit harder when you encounter the germs.

Some people spend their short time on Earth always wondering exactly to what degree they are sick or impaired or less than perfect. I say if you lift rocks, you'll find bugs under them.
rack.

when I was a kid, dumb shit like peanut allergies were virtually unheard of. today, it seems half the sniveling little brats out there have one allergy or another. i think this is a result of doddering mommies following little billy around with a bottle of purel. let the little shit play in the dirt. let him pick up a piece of gum off the ground and jam it in his mouth. your fukking immune system is like anything else. don't use it and it will wither. my OL is always giving me shit about eating something that's been in the fridge awhile, yet I NEVER get sick from eating questionable stuff. she on the other hand is always complaining about stomach issues from something she ate.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Same here. If I've even had it that recently. My wife has never taken one either, but working in a doc's office, she's exposed to a bunch of insensitive, selfish, uncaring, sniffling, hacking, POSs* every day, so she's considering taking the shot.

Fer crissakes...I ride a motorcycle!

*My description of some of their patients, not hers.

*I thought you were describing the doctors.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Mr T wrote:53,175 cases
849 deaths

This in a country with 304,059,724 people. :meds:

You are more likely to die from just the normal flu yet they are hyping the swine flu... :lol:
Not saying that swind flu is any worse than "normal" seasonal flu but, seriously, it's not even flu season yet.
Maybe you should wait to form any conclusions until early next year.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

does local even have a flu season? weather never gets shitty enough there. of course I guess folks traveling there from places that do have shit weather probably causes some problems.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

do any of you fukks use zicam when you feel a cold coming on?

i swear by the stuff.

i realize there are "clinical" studies that say it is worthless. maybe it's all the placebo effect. whatever. i don't give a fukk. if it is the pracebo effect that allows my body to buttfukk a cold virus in the mouth in 2 days, so be it. all i know is, if i don't do the zicam thing, colds sometimes stay with me for over a week and usually include a nice little sinus infection.

could it be that some "clinical" types don't like the idea of folks not buying decongestants by the gross?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Nah, actually we live happy, disease free lives here year 'round.

Seriously, yes there is a flu season here. The weather is actually an indirect cause. Flu gets spread more easily when more people are staying indoors causing more contact with more sick people.

Schools are a prime breeding ground for disease because the kids are packed together all day. Bad weather just makes it marginally worse. Kids are less likely to take the customary precautions, like hand washing and not sneezing one the guy next to you, than (most) adults are as well. When kids are out for summer there's not nearly as much chance to spread the germs. Most adults are inside all day at work anyway but not as closely packed as schoold kids. But once things start getting spread around school they get passed to parents who bring the crap work.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

I'm not reading all that
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Katy

Post by Katy »

My 12 year old son was out with the flu last week and now my 6 year old daughter has come down with it. It's just a matter of time before my 5 year old gets it as well.

They've announced there will be no school Friday through Tuesday. It's a mini/early Fall break due to the large absentees the school district has been hit with since the flu hit. The schools are going to be sending home permission slips so the health department can come in and give children the vaccinations free of charge. The problem is that there aren't enough vaccinations in this state to go around.
TIGRDOG
Jake

Post by TIGRDOG »

Katy wrote:My 12 year old son was out with the flu last week and now my 6 year old daughter has come down with it. It's just a matter of time before my 5 year old gets it as well.

They've announced there will be no school Friday through Tuesday. It's a mini/early Fall break due to the large absentees the school district has been hit with since the flu hit. The schools are going to be sending home permission slips so the health department can come in and give children the vaccinations free of charge. The problem is that there aren't enough vaccinations in this state to go around.

Katy...If you kids do fine, as they did in my home town...they will have immunity....even wif a mutation, a good immunity...is like exposing you kids to chicken pox parties...
but the damn vac , I'm leary of. tested too fast and to much agenda involved.

Having said dat..God forbid, sumthing happens to you kids...particularly wif the older one wif his med problems .....this mostly just goes for myself. But..he has had it and been exposed..so....that builds his immunity.

R
DRILL HERE.. DRILL NOW.. VAS TIER ------ REBDOG
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I started reading that stuff, but then I had to rush to the bathroom to piss out of my asshole. Came back to read more and didn't get much farther before I raced back to splat, sploosh and whoosh a steady stream of murky colon cleanse out of my butt.

So what are the symptoms of this flu thingee?
why is my neighborhood on fire
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

bizz, spare us the play by play in the future, K?
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

I was actually lifted two inches from the toilet seat the force of the blast was so strong.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Bace, maybe somebody was in there?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I find that hard to believe. You had to have gotten flu shots as a child. Unless your parents hated you, of course.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Van wrote:Bace, maybe somebody was in there?

There was an elephant that ran under Dad's chair.
Katy

Post by Katy »

Bizzarofelice wrote:I started reading that stuff, but then I had to rush to the bathroom to piss out of my asshole. Came back to read more and didn't get much farther before I raced back to splat, sploosh and whoosh a steady stream of murky colon cleanse out of my butt.

So what are the symptoms of this flu thingee?
The ass piss isn't a good sign. Do you have a will?
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Mikey wrote:Schools are a prime breeding ground for disease because the kids are packed together all day. Bad weather just makes it marginally worse. Kids are less likely to take the customary precautions, like hand washing and not sneezing one the guy next to you, than (most) adults are as well. When kids are out for summer there's not nearly as much chance to spread the germs. Most adults are inside all day at work anyway but not as closely packed as schoold kids. But once things start getting spread around school they get passed to parents who bring the crap work.
Last week a friend who is a t/a in an east county school told me that her district was having the custodian come in only once a week, and that he was only allowed to spend 20 minutes at each site.

Yeah, I'm sure lots of desks are getting wiped down in that amount of time.

And people wonder how this shit spreads so quickly?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Katy wrote: Do you have a will?
Are you serious? Is this fucking funny to you? I FUCKING SWEAR that it sounded like a potato gun being fired when I sent a spackling shot across the bowl. I think I might become so dehydrated from the ass piss that my beloved prostate may whither away. THIS SHIT IS REAL! My butthole feels like I've been passing undigested pineapple rind. And then after I get dehydrated and I get better I'll get a big dry ball of turds that has the opposite problem because its too dry and I'll have to send a hamster with a pick axe in there or else I will never be able to poo again.

I'm fucked both ways. Pray for my ass.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I'll have to send a hamster with a pick axe in there or else I will never be able to poo again.
Fucking awesome. Whatcha doin' Friday?

Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Mace wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:
Are you serious? Is this fucking funny to you? I FUCKING SWEAR that it sounded like a potato gun being fired when I sent a spackling shot across the bowl. I think I might become so dehydrated from the ass piss that my beloved prostate may whither away. THIS SHIT IS REAL! My butthole feels like I've been passing undigested pineapple rind. And then after I get dehydrated and I get better I'll get a big dry ball of turds that has the opposite problem because its too dry and I'll have to send a hamster with a pick axe in there or else I will never be able to poo again.

At least you won't have to retrain your hamsters.....they'll know right where to go.
Bace's Hamsters just registered on the board. Expect a post from them in the dirty jobs thread.
Katy

Post by Katy »

Bizzarofelice wrote:

I guess this means you didn't leave me a thing. :x
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

As soon as some states started drafting legislation for "mandatory vaccinations," I knew what was up...

Another Big Brother scam.

SCAM SCAM SCAM

BTW -- more people have died from the N1H1 vaccine than from the virus itself since it was released...

What does that tell you?

SCAM SCAM SCAM

Interesting it's a "pandemic," yet no one I know, nor anyone they know has caught it.

SCAM SCAM SCAM

BTW -- I rarely get sick, either. Last thing I got, wow, it was a doozy. But that was an actual real disease, and being that I'm so old (all of 42), I never got vaccinated for it.

Anyone falling for this swine flu shit is a complete fucking Chicken Little rube.

Pharmecutical Companies wrote:OOOOH, you're all going to die... GIVE US YOUR MONEY... or we'll make Big Brother MAKE you give it to us!!!

There used to be a sucker born every minute -- with the population increase (which has tapered off... so much for one of the others in the endless string of "we're all going to die if you don't give me your money"... sup "global warming (even though it's cooling)")...

There's now about three suckers born every minute. I guess we all just need to decide for ourselves if we want to be one or not.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Hamsters
Almost done.

--orcinus
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:BTW -- more people have died from the N1H1 vaccine than from the virus itself since it was released...
Got a link for that?

No, most certainly not.

But I read it on some-or-another right wing blog thingy, so it must be true[/i].

But what I can tell you, and thoroughly link, is thatwayyyyy more people have died of regular old garden variety influenza than H1N1 since it was deemed a "pandemic."
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one