Chick-fil-A Sucks

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: Chick-fil-A Sucks

Post by indyfrisco »

88 wrote:The spicy chicken fillet sando is always the bomb.
Word. I order mine with bacon, cheese, ketchup, mustard and dill pickles. Odd combo but tastes damn good. Wish they had a grilled version of the spicy chicken.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

88 wrote: Who the fuck came up with the bad idea to put sweet pickles under a fried chicken patty?
they are dill, not sweet. If you were in the mood for a chicken sando, why did you get two? And did you overshoot? This is the biggest problem with CFA- I've passed by it so many times based on the fact that I KNOW that if I get a combo, I will panic because the bag feels too light. At least with Wendy's spicy chicken, despite it also being in a foil wrapper, you can rely on a pretty hefty feel and size to it. But the CFA sando is always too small, and if you get two, not only is it about $6.00 just for that (and you're GOING to cave to the fries), but it can be too much quantity. Even the BK chicken sandos will ease your nervous system with the elongated original or their own line of Tendercrisp bastards which are weighty as well.

The moment I order a CFA combo and feel how light the bag is, I'm freaking out and driving around looking for the nearest fast food place like Hardees so I can pad the situation with a milkshake or a regular cheeseburger.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

DamnTheCowboys wrote:Even the BK chicken sandos will ease your nervous system with the elongated original.
Used to regularly order one of those, with tomato added. It was always pretty good. Haven't been there in years though.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I don't play with this mess. I take a trip to the grocery store once a week, buy some good bread, some good cheese and mustard, step up to the deli and get some decent sliced lunchmeat, and pack that shit 5 days a week. Lunch is too important to leave to chance. I'll never be at the mercy of the various urban catastrophes that operate the processing machines.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

Although it is not my fave, I'd much rather eat a CFLA sando that I wiped my ass with than anything on the BK menu. Fuck BK. I wish that dude would die and take his microwaved patties with him. Fucking asshole.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

PSUFAN wrote:I don't play with this mess. I take a trip to the grocery store once a week, buy some good bread, some good cheese and mustard, step up to the deli and get some decent sliced lunchmeat, and pack that shit 5 days a week. Lunch is too important to leave to chance. I'll never be at the mercy of the various urban catastrophes that operate the processing machines.
I agree. And typically I follow this rule. I eat out about twice a week, breakfast, lunch or dinner. Ever now and again though, he Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich I crave. And it never dissapoints. I was in high school working at Wendy's (2 week employment) when it first came out. I have been in love ever since.

By the way, never eat Wendy's chili. Just trust me.

Oh, and for the "good lunchmeat" sando eaters, please buy Boar's Head turkey. TIA.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Roach wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:By the way, never eat Wendy's chili. Just trust me.

Oh hell, I gots to know! Do tell, IndyFrisco.
Do you eat their chili? Trust me, if you do, you don't want to know. I proimise you don't want to know.
campinfool
2009 PET Champion

Post by campinfool »

I eat out pretty much every day for lunch and it is usally only a handful of places. Hoodies Subs in Round Rock makes a killer cheese steak, meatball sub, or italian sausage sando, each weighing about 1 1/2- 2 pounds each. Or I loves my a double meater Whataburger with grille jalapenos on Texas Toast, or twice a week I'm heading to Busch's Chicken. You know fried yard bird, fried crinkle fries, yeast rolle all served with grazy. How can you go wrong. And breakfast is usally 3 times a week out somewhere. Taco here, taco there, with an apple fritter or doughnut mixed in.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

campinfool wrote:I eat out pretty much every day for lunch and it is usally only a handful of places. Hoodies Subs in Round Rock makes a killer cheese steak, meatball sub, or italian sausage sando, each weighing about 1 1/2- 2 pounds each. Or I loves my a double meater Whataburger with grille jalapenos on Texas Toast, or twice a week I'm heading to Busch's Chicken. You know fried yard bird, fried crinkle fries, yeast rolle all served with grazy. How can you go wrong. And breakfast is usally 3 times a week out somewhere. Taco here, taco there, with an apple fritter or doughnut mixed in.

If you really ate all that you'd have to be at least close to pushing about 3 bills. Even with a lot of exercise.

So, are you?
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

88 wrote:Who the fuck came up with the bad idea to put sweet pickles under a fried chicken patty?
While we're at it, who came up with the bad idea to make pickles such a staple of fast food cuisine?

There are very few items that would be classified as "normal" food somewhere in the U.S. that I am unwilling to stuff down my piehole. Pickles and mushrooms are at the very top of that extremely short list.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

I'm not a fast food guy as I rarely eat fried anything but I hit Chik-Fil-A about twice a week because I really like their Chargrilled and Fruit salad.

I do have to give props to Chik-Fil-A as the service at the two I ever frequent is as good as most 4 star restaurants. They do such a good job that I almost feel bad that I only paid $6 for my meal.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Blimpie is so superior to Jimmy Jacker's, Subway and Quizno's, it's not even funny. Jimmy Jacker's is probably the most overrated of the four, Subway just sucks, Quizno's is too expensive for the product. They're called Blimpie's Best for a reason: They are the bomb.
I don't hate Subway, mostly because the Italian Herb & Cheese bread is good, and they offer a lot of toppings.

I miss Blimpie.

Jimmy John's is just the bland leading the bland on hard bread with few toppings, and mayo slopped on every sandwich. Blech.

Quizno's has one good sandwich: the classic italian. The rest blow hairy Vogel sack. Potbelly is good for toasted subs.

Jersey Mike's blows the field away.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I miss Blimpie.

I feel your pain. I haven't seen one since moving to Boston.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:I miss Blimpie.

I feel your pain. I haven't seen one since moving to Boston.

Isn't she in Houston now with Rumps?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

On avg. I use the CF drive thru twice a month and make the girls at the window ask me if I want any condiments with my meal. Without fail they stutter and almost say condems.
DamnTheCowboys
Human Garbage Disposal

Post by DamnTheCowboys »

campinfool wrote: Fuck BK. I wish that dude would die and take his microwaved patties with him. Fucking asshole.
Rack. Finally someone else calls them out on their LYING for the last TEN YEARS about flame-broiling burgers.

88- you won't lose with any of the burger selections from Lardees. I stay away from the 2/3 pounder though. The moneyball item for me even before they switched to Angus is the Frisco burger, but be aware that sometimes they jack it up by not buttering and toasting the sourdough bread enough. It doesn't matter how quality the burger patty is, if that sourdough bread isn't properly made, it ruins the whole thing. Never be on pins and needles about the bacon though- Hardees always cooks it through. Now they have a couple basic chicken sandos and they are really good, but HUGE. Fries there are homestyle cut and they also offer curly style. And the fried chicken there is also good.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Blimpie is so superior to Jimmy Jacker's, Subway and Quizno's, it's not even funny. Jimmy Jacker's is probably the most overrated of the four, Subway just sucks, Quizno's is too expensive for the product. They're called Blimpie's Best for a reason: They are the bomb.
Got agree with this, always loved Blimpie. That was, until I moved to the west coast. Seemed all the Blimpie chains out there never had fresh veggies and the cheapskates behind the counter always skimped on the meats.

Luckily, I'm outta that shithole and back on the right coast where they do it right. And it doesn't hurt being a couple blocks away from the very first Blimpie in Hoboken. 8) Good shite.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Jersey Mike's blows the field away.
RACK!!!
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

88 wrote:The Jersey Mike's franchise in my town is owned by an Indian couple that are there all the time. They have deece sammies, but the joint is about as clean as you would expect from a franchise owned by an Indian couple and the atmosphere is sterile.
That sucks. I like to go on Sunday, and the place near me is always bumping. Bunch a All-American high schoolers running the joint and they do a good job, and seem to enjoy being there. I like them because they use fresh quality ingredients, and the meat is thinly sliced on the spot. And a proper sub is served with oil, vinegar, and spices, which they do up right.

Penn Station is quite good. Haven't had that since I did a stint out in Indy.

All that said, Captain Nemo's is the best cold sub I have ever had, but that is a local Michigan chain I believe.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

88 wrote:There is a sando shop I should mention. I rarely eat there because it takes them a solid month to deliver up the food. But it is always good: Penn Station. The sandos are put through a toaster oven like Quiznos, but they don't suck. They have fresh-cut fries and the best lemonade evah. Its a tough choice to eat there for lunch because they have no drive thru (people would die waiting in line). But it is good grub.
Shit, almost missed this but rack you 88. Love me some Penn Station. Always try to get a dagwood when I come back into C-bus. The key to any good sangwich is the bread and PS's bread is kickass. The outside is lightly toasted but the middle still stays soft, ala a typical Kal defense in any given season. Unlike Quizno's, which is an outright joke of a sandwich chain if I've ever seen one.

This is why I gotta disagree on Jersey Mike's too. Tried that place many times hoping for something different and every time I come away disappointed. The bread never seems fresh-- just dry and crummy. Which, no matter how good the cold cuts, ruins it for me.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
TIGRDOG
Jake

Post by TIGRDOG »

Yeah spray...I don't get out to the mall much [never] where they are, but I won an on line coupon...funny thing is , my chicken expert kids don't like em..never could fiqure out why. My little experience wif em was good.
DRILL HERE.. DRILL NOW.. VAS TIER ------ REBDOG
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:Is this what you are talking about?

Website says it is local to Chicago.
Interesting. I've only seen them in SE Michigan and assumed it was a local MI chain.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

The other big racket going on there in Ohio is Cincy Chili. I was told Skyline Cincy Chili kicks ass. Bland and boring as fuck.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Potbelly is good for toasted subs.
If you can handle a little potbelly, I've got a tasty furburger for you.

--Mrs. Vogel
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Isn't "Cincinatti-style" chili made with ground beef, and served over spaghetti, or something?
How anybody can call that "chili" is beyond me.

Oh, and WTF is "American Swiss" cheese? :shock:
Is that anything like Korean French bread?
Last edited by Mikey on Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

OK, now I get it. Cincinatti-style chili is Greek chili.

That makes sense.

Since then, Skyline Chili’s Coneys, Ways and table-side service have
been enjoyed by generations. Our Chili continues to be made from
Nicholas’s original recipe, using a secret blend of spices and only the
highest quality ingredients. Skyline is dedicated to bringing friends
and families together for an experience like no other and we will
always be devoted to the American dream of that young man
from a small village in Greece.
http://www.skylinechili.com/menu.pdf
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Mikey wrote:Oh, and WTF is "American Swiss" cheese?
It's kind of like when you are born in Switzerland and your ancestors are from American. You're an American-Swiss. Same goes for the cheese. It is made in Switzerland, but it uses the American cheese recipe.
TIGRDOG
Jake

Post by TIGRDOG »

Not to change the subject off chicken...but I make a mean dark deer chili wif bitter chcolate and instant coffee and the usual spices .....a bunch of em and fresh tomatoes from my garden, onions, garlic, peppers etc and mex beer. Sum times black beans, mostly not..served wif cornbread. Won the South Carolina cili cookoff... :D Damn good if I do say so.

Never had skyline chili, but betting is fairly sweet red sauce based.
DRILL HERE.. DRILL NOW.. VAS TIER ------ REBDOG
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Mole Negro sauce
:shudder:
:littlemoan:

--Stanley Fukked Pitschkle
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Speaking of sub shops. No one can beat Ted's Giant Grinders (Storrs, CT) for sheer quantity. Their 'small' subs were a foot long. Nothing beats a large cheeseburger sub from Ted's with all the fixings at about 2 a.m. I don't care if you just smoked an ounce of weed, you weren't finishing that sumbitch off in one sitting.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

I love the cheese coneys and chili spaghettis at Skyline, but admittedly, this is a place you have to grow up with to truly enjoy. I wouldn't recommend it highly to someone from out-of-region unless they're really eager to get a taste of the filthy Midwest. Nonetheless, before the waitress brings out that hot mess I always 'tro down a few power bombs (these are created by simply carving a hole at the top of an oyster cracker with metal fork and loading it up with hot sauce).