HS Reunion reviews...........

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

HS Reunion reviews...........

Post by TheJON »

Posted on here a few months ago that I had a few 10 year HS reunions to attend this summer, and so I figured I should give the post-game comments........

They were fucking LAME as fuck. Well, 2 of them were. The other one was awesome but that's only because I helped plan that event.

The HS I started at was gay as shit. Chicks all got fat and I barely recognized anyone. We had a fucking god damn model in our class and she became a porker. What the fuck? Most of the people that said they would be there did not show up. The reunion committee completely mucked this. Had it at a god damn winery. GAY!! $50 per PERSON. So for me and my wife it was $100 to eat some shitty food and talk to a bunch of people I barely remembered and didn't recognize. Class was about 275 and only a total of about 50 people showed up- including spouses/girlfriends/kids. Pathetic. Only a few people there I actually cared to see. Was disappointed because these were the peeps I grew up with. Went all the way from preschool to my early HS days with and very few showed up. The night before we had a bar event. It was basically the same peeps that went to the winery the night before. They originally planned a BBQ in a park and booze at the bar afterwards for Friday and then the winery. The tards on the committee claimed there wasn't enough interest in the picnic in the park so they 86'ed that and stuck with the winery only. That's a lie. I talked to probably more people that cancelled on even coming in town because they cut the picnic part out then actually attended the winery. Needless to say, that night sucked and I was happy when it was over.

The HS I graduated from was great. We had a picnic in the park on Friday and LOT'S of people showed up. Booze and some good grub with people I haven't seen in a long time was awesome. And the chicks didn't all turn out fat and nasty. This class also has a lot more successful people in it. We ALMOST were able to pull off getting Steve-O from Jackass (only an immature loser would watch that show, but still....) to attend since he was in town for something but no such luck. The next night we had a bar event and quite a few showed up. Overall, great weekend and was great to see some people.

My wife's HS was in another state and I only had met a couple of the people in her class of about 300 and spoken on the phone over the years to a few others. So I wasn't too excited to go to this. And it turned out to be pretty lame, though she enjoyed it. Sitting around listening to people you've never met discuss old memories you were not a part of is quite boring. There were a couple other dudes there kinda in the same boat as me so the 3 of us pretty much just got shitfaced together and talked sports and made fun of the people there. Was the only good part of the event.

All in all, they were not as bad as many on here had claimed it would be but perhaps not as great as I had expected or hoped. What I found out was pretty much everyone that goes to these events was at least relatively popular in HS and the few that weren't basically talked shit about their old HS. My favorite old buddy to speak to actually didn't even graduate HS until he got his GED a year later. He absolutely HATED our school, the teachers, and most of our classmates. But he ended up going to college and getting a degree. Now he's a chemical engineer making 6 figures. He was always one of the smarter kids in our class, but he was lazy. He's still lazy, but he's got his head on straight. He showed up wearing shitty clothes talking shit about everyone. Only reason he came was to stick it in some people's face about how awesome he is and how much they suck! I believe he felt quite vindicated! Good for him! "So what do you do for a living?" "Well, I'm working in customer service." "Damn, that's pretty fucking lame. I'm a chemical engineer, make about 200 grand, living the good life". That's basically how his conversations went. He went out of his way to be a dick to everyone that was a dick to him back in HS. In fairness to those that were a dick to him back in HS, he usually deserved it. He was smart but wouldn't go to class and he always was running his mouth. I'm not really sure how he expected people to treat him.

Me, I didn't hold grudges against anyone. I can't think of one person I hated back in HS. There were obviously a few I didn't particularly care for, but no one I hated. I wish I had done a better job of staying in contact with a lot of my friends from high school. I kept in touch with pretty much everyone the first couple of years of college, but then except for a group of friends, I lost contact with most and only occasionally would see/call/email them. There's a few I hadn't seen in 7 or 8 years that I will definitely make a point to not go another 7 or 8 years without speaking to. For whatever reason, I've done a much better job keeping in touch with college friends than HS friends.

Will I go to my 20 year reunion? Probably, though I think everyone I haven't spoken to much between now and then I doubt I'll really care to see and so it won't be as exciting to go to.

So there's my reviews........feel free to share your old HS reunion stories. It's either that or keep with the constant political and racist garbage on this board. :D
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Re: HS Reunion reviews...........

Post by TheJON »

Dang, Todd........

Now you're making me want to go to the 20 and 30 year reunions to see how fucked up people become!!
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

Picnic at THEJon's house this weekend! Afterwards we'll do cocaine with Todd and his classmates,... and there ex's.
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Trampis wrote:Picnic at THEJon's house this weekend! Afterwards we'll do cocaine with Todd and his classmates,... and there ex's.
IN! But you're supplying the booze.
Doug near DC
Elwood

Post by Doug near DC »

I just got a letter about my 30th coming up in October.

Why should I drop $150 on a dinner to eat with a bunch of fucks I really don't care to see?
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

I went to my 10, 20, and 30 yr reunions, and they pretty much sucked, 'cept for the 20-yr, which netted me some poonage from one chick I didn't have any classes with and had never even talked to but who ended up sitting at the same table, and from another who didn't even attend the reunion but with whom I hooked up that weekend. I'd wanted to bang her in high school, and she still looked the same 20 yrs later. Great tits that were still nice and firm, and the tightest snatch you'd ever wanna ravage.

Doubt that I'll go to any more. They always remind me that I didn't like most of the class when I was in school, and nothing has changed. The 35-yr is being planned as a cruise. I'll pass.
"I see everything twice!"
Katy

Post by Katy »

I didn't go to my 10 year or my 15 year reunion. If my high school classmates are as boring as they seem on Facebook, why the hell would I want to waste my time seeing them in person again?

Nor would I pay money to sit around and talk to people I could care less about.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Nor would I pay money to sit around and talk to people I could care less about.

When it is so much easier to buy a computer, pay for an ISP, and log into here to do it !
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Katy

Post by Katy »

Wolfman wrote:Nor would I pay money to sit around and talk to people I could care less about.

When it is so much easier to buy a computer, pay for an ISP, and log into here to do it !
:lol: :lol: :lol:
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I just can't believe how many of the chicks got fat. We're 28-29 year olds- not 50! My wife made a comment about how I went to HS with a lot of fat people and I had to convince her there really weren't a lot of fat chicks in HS. I took some photos of some of them at the reunion and then pulled out the old yearbook for her to see later and she was shocked. There were 2 girls that really surprised me that they got fat. One was a god damn model back in HS and the other was a tomboy (but formerly a good looking one). I used to run in the mornings with her and she was really good at sports in HS. I figured she would always stay in shape. Guess not. As for the dudes, a lot of them got fat too. 2 of the guys really stood out not necessarily because of body mass but more because their faces had ballooned and they looked like cartoon characters. My first reunion was basically a small group of people that became fat and ugly but sat around talking about how awesome they were back in HS. I thought of Al Bundy quite often that night. My other reunion it seemed more of the discussion was about what we're up to now and what we've done since HS. Less "remember when we TPed everyone's houses on homecoming week?" and gay shit like that. HS is long behind us now, so it's more interesting to keep most of the discussion about what we're up to these days. If I wanna revisit HS I will bust out old photos, yearbooks, and video tapes.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

TheJON wrote:My first reunion was basically a small group of people that became fat and ugly but sat around talking about how awesome they were back in HS. I thought of Al Bundy quite often that night.
I thought of Springsteen singing "Glory Days."
"I see everything twice!"
eddie munster
Crack Whore

Post by eddie munster »

I"ll make this nice and sweet, fuck my HS , fuck the teachers, fuck the Phys Ed teacher especially since he was the football coach and everybody that didn't play football was useless, and fuck all the pricks that went there except for the one dude who had all the weed.......just sayin 8)

I chuckle everytime the alumni fucks send me shit about reunions....that shit goes out wif all the junk mail.

PS "a cruise reunion"? .....thats hilarious, that ship would come back wif a few people short if I was on that boat :lol: :waz: bwaaaa
(insert witty signature here)
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Chicks all got fat and I barely recognized anyone. We had a fucking god damn model in our class and she became a porker. What the fuck?
Ummm, I'll take a stab at it...

Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

After college she moved to California. She got fat after college. She was thin when she lived in Iowa.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

TheJON wrote:After college she moved to California. She got fat after college. She was thin when she lived in Iowa.
I just can't believe how many of the chicks got fat.
She was a sweet girl who just wanted to fit in at her HS reunion?

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Van wrote:
TheJON wrote:After college she moved to California. She got fat after college. She was thin when she lived in Iowa.
I just can't believe how many of the chicks got fat.
She was a sweet girl who just wanted to fit in at her HS reunion?
This is her from probably 5 years ago, I found her on Google images. Not sure what the fuck happened!

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

She already looks fat there.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Van wrote:She already looks fat there.
Naw, she's 20-25 pounds heavier now. She was probably 10-15 pounds lighter in HS.

She's about 5'8 and my guess was about 115-120 lbs in HS.

Kinda hard to tell in that photo really. That's definitely not fat. Unless you think Karen Carpenter wasn't thin.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
TheJON wrote: She's about 5'8 and my guess was about 115-120 lbs in HS.
That's fat.
Oh yes, enormous! :D
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

As young as you're saying she is there, she already has flabby, 'matronly' arms in that pic, and she's otherwise plenty doughy. Stick that girl in a bikini and it'd be frightening.

The face ain't happening either. That's not the model you were talking about, I hope. She's not even soccer mom hot. She's soccer mom meh.

But no, 5'8" 115-120 isn't even remotely fat. Thing is, if that chick in the pic is 5'8" she's at least 150 lbs there, and probably 160+ lbs.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Van wrote:As young as you're saying she is there, she already has flabby, 'matronly' arms in that pic, and she's otherwise plenty doughy. Stick that girl in a bikini and it'd be frightening.

The face ain't happening either. That's not the model you were talking about, I hope. She's not even soccer mom hot. She's soccer mom meh.
Yeah, you can kinda see some flabby arms. Tough to tell just how big she is in that photo.

She's done a lot of modeling for major national companies, though I'm sure she no longer does. So somebody must disagree with your analysis of her.

Found this photo of her. My guess is it's from about 1996 or 1997. Would have made her 16-17. Again, this is just a guess. It's from a photshoot I remember her doing. That hair style was hot in the mid 90's!

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

My analysis of her has to do with that pic of her you posted. The girl in that pic isn't modeling for anybody other than Ukrainian Farm Tools Quarterly.

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Van wrote:My analysis of her has to do with that pic of her you posted. The girl in that pic isn't modeling for anybody other than Ukrainian Farm Tools Quarterly.
Which pic? The newer or the older one? The older one was a modeling photo.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Well, since my comments about her fat body and meh face were posted before you posted the heavily made up Glamour Shots pic of her as a teen, I think you can probably figure out which pic I was referring to.

:)

Cornhusker
2018/2019 and 2023/2024 Pick ‘em Champion

Post by Cornhusker »

Sudden Sam wrote:Had no interest in my 10th or 20th. Met up with some old buds after the 10th and partied hard, but didn't attend the actual reunion.

Went to my 30th. I had recently gotten in contact with a girl I'd never known in high school and we wanted to meet. Turns out it was one of those "I wanted to know you then" "I wish we'd known each other then" kinda things. Now she's married to a doctor and I'm married. We've become great "friends" since the reunion.

I had a blast at the damn thing. I thoroughly enjoyed having my 10-years-younger-than-anyone-else-there wife around. She was by far the best looking girl there. I was astounded at the deterioration of all the beautiful chicks from '72. Fat and disgusting for the most part. One girl still looked somewhat hot...still a nice person, too. And most of the guys who'd "done well" were fat, sloppy drunks. Lotsa bragging about income and accomplishments. Big deal.

A group of us (sans wives, but some of the reunion women went) headed out to a guy's business and cooked a shitload of steaks and drank a shitload of beer. Rough second day for a lot of us. Some didn't even make the second night.

Made me feel pretty damn good about my life looking at all the fat and miserable fuckers.
Good Gawd, we live a parallel life dude, 'cept my wife is 12 years younger. And I did attend the 10th but not the 20th or 30th.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

TheJON wrote:Image
Even then, in what you call her hey-day, she was fugly. She may have been a butterface
as I can't see more than her face, but there's butterfaces all over high school these days (and back in our day). That's why chicks now dress like little whores...so you don't look at their faces.

In any case, I've never been to a HS reunion (of mine) and never will. There's not one person I converse with over the phone or internet from my high school class. I graduated from a class of 500. They just organized the 15 year this summer and it got canceled because only 4 people showed interest.

I went to my wife's 5 year. It was ok, but she still has a ton of friends from HS that are my firend's now so it wasn't bad because they were people I hang out with a lot now. Just another party...
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

TheJON wrote:The HS I started at was gay as shit. Chicks all got fat and I barely recognized anyone. We had a fucking god damn model in our class and she became a porker. What the fuck? Most of the people that said they would be there did not show up. The reunion committee completely mucked this. Had it at a god damn winery. GAY!! $50 per PERSON. So for me and my wife it was $100 to eat some shitty food and talk to a bunch of people I barely remembered and didn't recognize. Class was about 275 and only a total of about 50 people showed up- including spouses/girlfriends/kids. Pathetic. Only a few people there I actually cared to see. Was disappointed because these were the peeps I grew up with. Went all the way from preschool to my early HS days with and very few showed up. The night before we had a bar event. It was basically the same peeps that went to the winery the night before. They originally planned a BBQ in a park and booze at the bar afterwards for Friday and then the winery. The tards on the committee claimed there wasn't enough interest in the picnic in the park so they 86'ed that and stuck with the winery only. That's a lie. I talked to probably more people that cancelled on even coming in town because they cut the picnic part out then actually attended the winery. Needless to say, that night sucked and I was happy when it was over.

The HS I graduated from was great. We had a picnic in the park on Friday and LOT'S of people showed up. Booze and some good grub with people I haven't seen in a long time was awesome. And the chicks didn't all turn out fat and nasty. This class also has a lot more successful people in it. We ALMOST were able to pull off getting Steve-O from Jackass (only an immature loser would watch that show, but still....) to attend since he was in town for something but no such luck. The next night we had a bar event and quite a few showed up. Overall, great weekend and was great to see some people.
Admittedly, I only attended one high school, but I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would attend a high school class reunion if they didn't graduate from that high school in that class (unless, of course, their spouse met that criteria). Although, in fairness, when TV Land did a High School Reunion reality show, there was at least one person that didn't finish with the class, as well as a couple of people from different classes.
Toddowen wrote:What sucks about the school system I went through was that it was in a military town. Of the 300 HS grads in my class, maybe 30 of them are people who I remember, since these are the ones that had parents that stayed put due to being employed by something other than the USN or military defense manufacturing industry.

I'm not in contact with anyone I went to HS with and hate running into them out of the blue. It's always depressing. The alcoholism. Cocaine dementia. Fucked marriages. Destroyed lives. About the most succesful one I know of is a funeral home mourner, and the girls all turned out to be obese and fat faced. And these are the presentable examples.

I know several people a year ahead and behind me that I'd consider living a normal lifestyle. WTF happened to my class? It had the homliest women even then. The best looking one became Anna Nicole Smith at her porkiest early on.

I only know of one that was halfway hittable after age 30. And this only because she got braces sometime in her mid 20's.
Just wondering if any of the others ever posted on an interwebs board about offing themselves or fantasizing about their mothers.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

IndyFrisco wrote:
TheJON wrote:Image
Even then, in what you call her hey-day, she was fugly. She may have been a butterface
as I can't see more than her face, but there's butterfaces all over high school these days (and back in our day). That's why chicks now dress like little whores...so you don't look at their faces.

In any case, I've never been to a HS reunion (of mine) and never will. There's not one person I converse with over the phone or internet from my high school class. I graduated from a class of 500. They just organized the 15 year this summer and it got canceled because only 4 people showed interest.

I went to my wife's 5 year. It was ok, but she still has a ton of friends from HS that are my firend's now so it wasn't bad because they were people I hang out with a lot now. Just another party...
I think you're being a little hard on her indy. Chick in that pic is kinda cute in an ivory girl sort of way. Chin looks a little big and square though. Wouldn't call her fugly by any stretch.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Van wrote:As young as you're saying she is there, she already has flabby, 'matronly' arms in that pic, and she's otherwise plenty doughy. Stick that girl in a bikini and it'd be frightening.

But no, 5'8" 115-120 isn't even remotely fat. Thing is, if that chick in the pic is 5'8" she's at least 150 lbs there, and probably 160+ lbs.
If that chick is 5'8", she's a super middle weight easy. Maybe light heavy. She's a kid or two away from 2 bills.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Jerkovich
Please pay attention to Me

Post by Jerkovich »

Smackie Chan wrote:I went to my 10, 20, and 30 yr reunions, and they pretty much sucked, 'cept for the 20-yr, which netted me some poonage from one chick I didn't have any classes with and had never even talked to but who ended up sitting at the same table, and from another who didn't even attend the reunion but with whom I hooked up that weekend. I'd wanted to bang her in high school, and she still looked the same 20 yrs later. Great tits that were still nice and firm, and the tightest snatch you'd ever wanna ravage.

Doubt that I'll go to any more. They always remind me that I didn't like most of the class when I was in school, and nothing has changed. The 35-yr is being planned as a cruise. I'll pass.

his name was what?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Terry wrote:I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would attend a high school class reunion if they didn't graduate from that high school in that class.
You need to go to my HS reunions then. Fuckabuncha weddings for picking up some strange.

-Smackie Chan

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would attend a high school class reunion if they didn't graduate from that high school in that class.
Terry, I went to that HS reunion because these are the kids I grew up with. Probably have just as many friends from that HS as the one I graduated. Was disappointed though that most I was hoping to see didn't show up.
TIGRDOG
Jake

Post by TIGRDOG »

Having grad in '76...I'm like EM and never really gave a crap about attending...damn sure don't now. I see a few on FB , but really don't give a shit....and I'm class president after the black dude that was president got boiled in hot grease by his ol lady. too bad.
DRILL HERE.. DRILL NOW.. VAS TIER ------ REBDOG