Finally saw "Ray." What a letdown.

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Red
Elwood

Finally saw "Ray." What a letdown.

Post by Red »

And my girlfriend wonders why we never go to the movies.

Supposedly one of the best films of the year... it was okay. Worth a rental, but not worth shelling out $20 plus feed. I teared up a couple of times during the flashbacks to Ray's childhood; don't recall laughing at all or caring much about any of the characters. The music was good, but I'd probably rather just listen to an album of Ray's than watch the movie.

C+
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

I doubt if Id drop twenty on any movie,but it was a good movie.B+

Jamie Fox is the reason to see the movie.He is spot on Ray Charles.Dude acted his ass off and deservidly won best actor oscar and Im sure some other stupid awards that I never pay attention to.
rozy
Cowboy

Re: Finally saw "Ray." What a letdown.

Post by rozy »

Red wrote:And my girlfriend wonders why we never go to the movies.

Supposedly one of the best films of the year... it was okay. Worth a rental, but not worth shelling out $20 plus feed. I teared up a couple of times during the flashbacks to Ray's childhood; don't recall laughing at all or caring much about any of the characters. The music was good, but I'd probably rather just listen to an album of Ray's than watch the movie.

C+
Picking up the cricket. One of the best movie scenes in a decade or more.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.