Ojigaboo to Personally Indoctrinate School Age Kids

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Re: Ojigaboo to Personally Indoctrinate School Age Kids

Post by Mikey »

Gee you're right. The President of the United States isn't supposed to talk to kids.

My bad.

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:Gee you're right. The President of the United States isn't supposed to talk to kids.

My bad.

The "two wrongs make a right" defense... is that all you've got?

http://caselaw.lp.findlaw.com/data/cons ... article02/

Nope, not seeing where it says the POTUS is supposed to be brainwashing kids.

But MOST people seem to hate the Constitution these days.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Mikey you're still arguing apples vs. kumquats. I'll leave you to figure out which is the kumquat.
You are incapable of seeing or simply refuse to see the difference. So typical.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Dinsdale wrote:
Mikey wrote:Gee you're right. The President of the United States isn't supposed to talk to kids.

My bad.
The "two wrongs make a right" defense... is that all you've got?

Nope, not seeing where it says the POTUS is supposed to be brainwashing kids.

But MOST people seem to hate the Constitution these days.
Brainwashing?
Strawman much?

The Constitution doesn't say that the President should give news conferences or visit disaster sites either. So I guess those two and a lot of other things Presidents do are out of the question as well.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Mikey wrote: Brainwashing?

The Constitution doesn't say that the President should give news conferences or visit disaster sites either. So I guess those two and a lot of other things Presidents do are out of the question as well.
absolutely-nothing in the constitution about attending funerals for senators either....that's impeachment material right there
get out, get out while there's still time
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Mikey wrote:Strawman much?

Followed By wrote:The Constitution doesn't say that the President should give news conferences or visit disaster sites either. So I guess those two and a lot of other things Presidents do are out of the question as well.

Classic bit of KYOA.

The "strawmen" you countered with create no Constitutional conundrum (FEMA does, however).
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Oh. My. Fuck.

RACK the Hell out of 'Tart for absolutely wrecking shop in this thread.

:lol:
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

mvscal wrote:
trev wrote:Felix, why do you say we hate Obama?
I do.
To be fair, you hate everybody.

BTW, these conseverative parents who are freaking out because they fear a brief speach by the Prez on the importance of education will indoctrinate their kids . . . well it doesn't say much of their own confidence in their own abilities to influence their own children.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Still going to the "but Bush did this and that card" --lame--very lame for supposedly intelligent posters. I must have missed his national address to elementary kids on national TV.
Also, a teacher especially at the lower elementary level will have direct contact with a student for up to 8 hours for 5 days (40 hours) plenty of time to influence those young kids attitudes if the teacher has skills that most parents lacks.
Trust me on this---I became very aware of my influence on students in 32 years of teaching, and that was with high school kids. We all know what power of persuasion a college professor with a PHD is able to have on college age kids.
If you don't see Obama's shctick as at least a bit odd, then you are a real drone.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:a brief speach by the Prez on the importance of education

Totally awesome.

Maybe he should start with the adults.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:
mvscal wrote:
trev wrote:Felix, why do you say we hate Obama?
I do.
To be fair, you hate everybody.
I don't think he hates me.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Discouraging high school kids
from going into a science-related
career isn't exactly "influencing" them.

And I'm sure they
were already buying
Beast Lite before
you started plugging
it.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:
Q, West Coast Style wrote:a brief speach by the Prez on the importance of education

Totally awesome.

Maybe he should start with the adults.
Fuch yoo Dinzdail.

BTW, Kitzhaber's gonna be gov again, how's that taste?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:
BTW, Kitzhaber's gonna be gov again, how's that taste?
No, he's not.

Let's see -- the People passed a Constitutional Amendment that said any taxes collected beyond 105% of the budget must be returned.

Darth Kitzhaber said "I'm keeping it anyway."

A FLAGRANT violation of the Oath of Office.

Where's the debate here?

This state hasn't had a competent guv in 30 years. Teddy the Spectator? Babs? Puh-leez.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Toddowen wrote:One awful thing that can't be denied by the Obama supporters is that for a student to defy this massive planned indoctrination will ultimately lead to lower grade scores for that particular student.

One thing that can't be denied is "what the fuck are you talking about"
why is my neighborhood on fire
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Teacher: And class, what did you think of President Obama's National Address to Students yesterday?

Billy: (raising hand)

Teacher: Yes, Billy.

Billy: I don't know. I wasn't in church that day.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

:lol: :lol:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Toddowen wrote:
Bizzarofelice wrote:
Toddowen wrote:One awful thing that can't be denied by the Obama supporters is that for a student to defy this massive planned indoctrination will ultimately lead to lower grade scores for that particular student.

One thing that can't be denied is "what the fuck are you talking about"
You're trying to get into Princeton. Standing in your way is a History teacher who's upset that you roll your eyes any time Obama is the topic of discussion.

Apart from this, you're an expemplary student in history. But the liberal teacher {and too many of them are} feels that you don't have the necessary tools for advancement to an Ivy league college based soley on your politcal leanings. So they torpedo you.

I'll bet it'll happpens under Obama's watch much more than it would under Bush's.
There are better ways to kill yourself than cocaine.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Just wondering where all the hand-wringers in here were when Ronald Reagan was addressing the nation's schoolkids -- on the merits of tax cuts and a line-item veto. Talk about indoctrination.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:Just wondering where all the hand-wringers in here were when Ronald Reagan was addressing the nation's schoolkids -- on the merits of tax cuts and a line-item veto. Talk about indoctrination.

I was jerkin' off to a picture of Farrah Fawcet.

RIP
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:

Why do you want to "look good" for the rest of the world?
so you admit that as a nation we look like fucking goofballs and you prefer it that way?

gotcha
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Felix wrote:
poptart wrote:

so you admit that as a nation we look like fucking goofballs and you prefer it that way?

gotcha

Dude, you'd miss a speeding train as it blew right by you...

The point, of course, is that it is unwise to subjugate national interests and foreign policy to perceived international popularity. People like you, though, would rather have the endorsement of Chavez, Castro, and Kim Il than do the right thing and condemn Iranian thuggishness or hold the Palestinians responsbile for not having the capacity to properly govern themselves.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

When Bush spoke to students, Democrats investigated, held hearings
By: Byron York
Chief Political Correspondent
09/08/09 7:11 AM EDT
The controversy over President Obama's speech to the nation's schoolchildren will likely be over shortly after Obama speaks today at Wakefield High School in Arlington, Virginia. But when President George H.W. Bush delivered a similar speech on October 1, 1991, from Alice Deal Junior High School in Washington DC, the controversy was just beginning. Democrats, then the majority party in Congress, not only denounced Bush's speech -- they also ordered the General Accounting Office to investigate its production and later summoned top Bush administration officials to Capitol Hill for an extensive hearing on the issue.

Unlike the Obama speech, in 1991 most of the controversy came after, not before, the president's school appearance. The day after Bush spoke, the Washington Post published a front-page story suggesting the speech was carefully staged for the president's political benefit. "The White House turned a Northwest Washington junior high classroom into a television studio and its students into props," the Post reported.

With the Post article in hand, Democrats pounced. "The Department of Education should not be producing paid political advertising for the president, it should be helping us to produce smarter students," said Richard Gephardt, then the House Majority Leader. "And the president should be doing more about education than saying, 'Lights, camera, action.'"

Democrats did not stop with words. Rep. William Ford, then chairman of the House Education and Labor Committee, ordered the General Accounting Office to investigate the cost and legality of Bush's appearance. On October 17, 1991, Ford summoned then-Education Secretary Lamar Alexander and other top Bush administration officials to testify at a hearing devoted to the speech. "The hearing this morning is to really examine the expenditure of $26,750 of the Department of Education funds to produce and televise an appearance by President Bush at Alice Deal Junior High School in Washington, DC," Ford began. "As the chairman of the committee charged with the authorization and implementation of education programs, I am very much interested in the justification, rationale for giving the White House scarce education funds to produce a media event."

Unfortunately for Ford, the General Accounting Office concluded that the Bush administration had not acted improperly. "The speech itself and the use of the department's funds to support it, including the cost of the production contract, appear to be legal," the GAO wrote in a letter to Chairman Ford. "The speech also does not appear to have violated the restrictions on the use of appropriations for publicity and propaganda."

That didn't stop Democratic allies from taking their own shots at Bush. The National Education Association denounced the speech, saying it "cannot endorse a president who spends $26,000 of taxpayers' money on a staged media event at Alice Deal Junior High School in Washington, D.C. -- while cutting school lunch funds for our neediest youngsters."

Lost in all the denouncing and investigating was the fact that Bush's speech itself, like Obama's today, was entirely unremarkable. "Block out the kids who think it's not cool to be smart," the president told students. "If someone goofs off today, are they cool? Are they still cool years from now, when they're stuck in a dead end job. Don't let peer pressure stand between you and your dreams.
I can't wait for Pelosi to schedule the inevitable hearings on Obama's speech. This oughta be good!
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

JMak wrote:
The point, of course, is that it is unwise to subjugate national interests and foreign policy to perceived international popularity.
of course I'm talking about idiots carrying guns to Obama rallies, right wing nutbags screaming down people at townhall meetings, etc. etc. my comment has nothing to do with anyone subjugating themselves to anyone....read between the lines much?
People like you, though, would rather have the endorsement of Chavez, Castro, and Kim Il than do the right thing and condemn Iranian thuggishness or hold the Palestinians responsbile for not having the capacity to properly govern themselves.
once again an "attack the messenger" reply, just like fucking clockwork....
Cuda wrote:
I can't wait for Pelosi to schedule the inevitable hearings on Obama's speech. This oughta be good!
the Republican's are the ones that should intitiate this investigation....leave no stone unturned in their quest to.....uh, I don't know, you tell me
JMak
I merely noted

Post by JMak »

Felix wrote:of course I'm talking about idiots carrying guns to Obama rallies, right wing nutbags screaming down people at townhall meetings, etc. etc. my comment has nothing to do with anyone subjugating themselves to anyone....read between the lines much?
First, I know you're kind. Appearances are more important than action.

Second, why do you call people that legally carry firearms "idiots"? I would have thought you'd call those who carry guns illegally and kill people with them "idiots," but you've surprised me. Maybe I don't know you so well.

Third, I seem to recall both sides screaming each other down. Absurd behavior, sure. But hardly different than the idjits in Europe that riot when the G-* summit comes to town and nothing at all like what goes down in the Middle East or Africa. So, fool, are you really going to argue that two people having a shouting match about actual policy disagreements is somehow more absurd/ridiculous that rioting and rampaging Euros, ragheads, and Africans? And that you believe we should consider how those people will perceive us? You're an idiot.
Yes, I am attacking you. I have also attacked your nonsensical comments. Your problem is...
the Republican's are the ones that should intitiate this investigation....leave no stone unturned in their quest to.....uh, I don't know, you tell me
Leave no stone unturned? How you serious? Did you black out during the last four years of the Bush administration? Were you in a coma when Obama decided he would authorize a new investigation into abusive interrogations?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

JMak wrote: First, I know you're kind. Appearances are more important than action.
so in other words, you don't see any harm in people carrying fully loaded semi-automatic weapons to Presidential appearences or to town hall meetings....let's see, Jmak blithering idiot-check.....
Second, why do you call people that legally carry firearms "idiots"? I would have thought you'd call those who carry guns illegally and kill people with them "idiots," but you've surprised me. Maybe I don't know you so well.
I don't call people that legally own or carry firearms idiots....I legally own and carry firearms....I call people that carry guns to a Presidential appearence or to a townhall meeting about health care reform idiots.....what exactly is the point they're trying to make? They're not trying to make any point, they're trying to intimidate people......
Third, I seem to recall both sides screaming each other down. Absurd behavior, sure. But hardly different than the idjits in Europe that riot when the G-* summit comes to town and nothing at all like what goes down in the Middle East or Africa. So, fool, are you really going to argue that two people having a shouting match about actual policy disagreements is somehow more absurd/ridiculous that rioting and rampaging Euros, ragheads, and Africans?
sure, policy changes can bring out the worst in people, but damn dude, why go to the "we're not as bad as they are" card.....pretty weak
Yes, I am attacking you. I have also attacked your nonsensical comments. Your problem is...
you're a partisan hack?
Leave no stone unturned? How you serious? Did you black out during the last four years of the Bush administration? Were you in a coma when Obama decided he would authorize a new investigation into abusive interrogations?
so you're equating Obama talking to school kids to our C.I.A illegally torturing people? and btw, it was Eric Holder that initiated the investigation, not Obama....in case you were in a coma (and apparently you were) Obama wanted to "move forward" and drop the investigation....unfortunately for Bush, Cheney, and Co., the Attorney General of the United States, while appointed by the President, doesn't work for the President, he works for the people of the United States and is sworn by his oath to uphold the law....he was obilgated to start an investigation....
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Felix wrote:[, it was Eric Holder that initiated the investigation, not Obama...

Oh, riiiiight, Eric Holder is a loose cannon.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

JMak wrote:
Felix wrote:of course I'm talking about idiots carrying guns to Obama rallies, right wing nutbags screaming down people at townhall meetings, etc. etc. my comment has nothing to do with anyone subjugating themselves to anyone....read between the lines much?
But hardly different than the idjits in Europe that riot when the G-* summit comes to town and nothing at all like what goes down in the Middle East or Africa.
Yes, I am attacking you. I have also attacked your .... Your problem is...
Weasel, you are not in need of medication, rather you need to stop taking it, or at least cut way back.

There's a question still lingering, though the answer does not instill curiosity or interest, rather the reflex of wondering what stinks? And that question is, from under what slimy rock have you crawled forth?
Before God was, I am
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Terry, I don't support what Reagan did, either.
He should have done what I said Obama should have done, if he wanted to speak to school children.

That is, announce that you're going to give a special address to the nation's school children, and encourage children AND parents to tune in.
Set a time in prime time.
Parents could then choose to tune in with their kids, or not.

Felix wrote:
poptart wrote:

gotcha
Two points, Felix.

1. The rest of the world is more fucked up than America is.

2. If "we Americans" look like goofballs because parents balked at this Obama paln, then Obama simply needs to look in the mirror to see the culprit.

BEFORE parent outrage, Obama (The White House) recommended that teachers nationwide have students write papers on ... how to help the president.

Obama (The White House) also recommended teachers have students listen to the speech and then engage in discussion about ... what the president wants us to do.

Parents were correct in balking at this.

It gave the APPEARANCE (at least) that Obama was trying to bypass parents and get the kiddos to sort of ... rally behind him -- to help him.

And also, at that point the parents didn't know what the content of the speech was going to be.

It's NO surprise that the speech he ended up giving was innocuous.
And only a mush-brain like Mikey would come in crowing about it.

Simple much?

Face it, Obama has already lost the middle.
They're not down with him.
He owns the far left, but the middle, who put him in power, don't like what they see.
The polls show this.

It's gonna get very ugly for this piece of shit in the oval office.

Total humiliation is his future.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Cuda wrote:
Oh, riiiiight, Eric Holder is a loose cannon.
Attorney Generals are obligated to investigate unlawful events....that's their job
poptart wrote:Two points, Felix.

1. The rest of the world is more fucked up than America is.
who gives a shit...that's just a rehash of the "we're not as bad as them" argument.
2. If "we Americans" look like goofballs because parents balked at this Obama paln, then Obama simply needs to look in the mirror to see the culprit.

BEFORE parent outrage, Obama (The White House) recommended that teachers nationwide have students write papers on ... how to help the president.

Obama (The White House) also recommended teachers have students listen to the speech and then engage in discussion about ... what the president wants us to do.

Parents were correct in balking at this.
seriously, what do you find so fucking outrageous about Obama encouraging students to stay and work hard in school? Obama has a maximum of eight years in the White House so he'll be long gone before any of those school children reach voting age....nobody was obligated to tune it in, and if parents were so outraged that Obama would dare have the temerity to encourage children to work hard, the parents could have just kept their kids home from school that day.....
It gave the APPEARANCE (at least) that Obama was trying to bypass parents and get the kiddos to sort of ... rally behind him -- to help him.
exactly what kind of help do you think grade kids can offer the President? I saw it more as the kids having the opportunity to believe they might have some input on what the future might look like, while you see it as some sort of indoctrination of kids to......well I don't know, think for themselves?
And also, at that point the parents didn't know what the content of the speech was going to be.

"total humiliation" "this ugly piece of shit"? wow, you (meaning the republicans in general) really are sore losers.....but hope springs eternal....maybe a more suitable candidate will come to the forefront we can get back to the basics of somebody that is more interested in corporate interests than he in the interests of the people that elected him....look I know you don't like the guy, but fuck me running bud, why won't you give him at least the same amount of support I gave Bush.....I didn't like the guy, but he was my President.....

I can't ever recall one Democratic representative that supported the 9/11 horseshit that some people were spewing-you know, the idea that Bush was behind the attacks as a means to invade Iraq? But how many of current Republican representatives are appeasing the lunatic fringe of the right wing party by signing on to the birther and deather movements? In my wildest dreams I'd have never believed the Republicans would be such sore fucking losers.....
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I'm not a republican.

I guess if you want to label me, you'd call me a Constitutional Conservative.
A libertarian of sorts.

A true liberal.

Felix, I had no issue with Obama's message to the kids.

I had issue that he didn't give his message in prime time for parents to watch with their children.
School isn't the place for that.

I had issue with the way the "day" was ORIGINALLY planned out, BEFORE Obama changed it, as I noted already.

B.O. is a piece of shit.

Wait and see for yourself what happens with him.

Just curious, Felix.
What do you think about Van Jones?

Didn't Obama have some elaborate questionaire and background check for people that were going to work in his administration?

Remember that?

How did this Van Jones loser get clearance?

Birds of a feather.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:B.O. is a piece of shit.
thanks for the sig brother......
Just curious, Felix.
What do you think about Van Jones?
I think the conservative "think tanks" that ran him out of office did him the biggest favor in the world.....now he can resume being a spokesman for democratic policies....
Didn't Obama have some elaborate questionaire and background check for people that were going to work in his administration?

Remember that?

How did this Van Jones loser get clearance?
don't know, I wasn't involved in the vetting process....you'd have to take that up with the Obama White House....
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

poptart wrote:

You've still got about 3 1/2 months for the economy to completey implode, or you'll be proven to be completely full of shit.

Not that anybody with any brains at all couldn't already tell that.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Mikey wrote: You've still got about 3 1/2 months for the economy to completey implode, or you'll be proven to be completely full of shit.

dude, he's rooting for the United States economy to fail, so that in his mind it will vindicate him for calling the POTUS a "piece of shit"....I'm sure he supports Glen Beck and his insistence that "something needs to be done to rescue us from TYRANNY"....don't you get that yet
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Felix wrote:
Mikey wrote: You've still got about 3 1/2 months for the economy to completey implode, or you'll be proven to be completely full of shit.

dude, he's rooting for the United States economy to fail, so that in his mind it will vindicate him for calling the POTUS a "piece of shit"....I'm sure he supports Glen Beck and his insistence that "something needs to be done to rescue us from TYRANNY"....don't you get that yet
Yep. The hate and disrespect, not just for the person but now for the office as well, of these assholes is mindboggling.

I didn't like Bush. Maybe even "hated" him, but I was never out there hoping for him and by extension our country to fail just to show that I was right. These people who boast about "patriotism" when a Repbulican is in office are now showing their true colors. They have no love for our country, no respect for our system that they espouse so loudly when "their" guy is in office.

Obama was elected, and by a clear margin of victory. What don't these traitors understand about that? If you don't like him then vote him out next time. But don't drag our country through the gutter trying to make sure that he fails.

Seriously, people like poptart should be ashamed of themselves.
Last edited by Mikey on Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:
Mikey wrote:I was never out there hoping for him and by extension our country to fail just to show that I was right.
You are a lying sack of shit.
And you're a cocksucking moron.

Your turn...
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

mvscal wrote:Not everybody is as fucking stupid as you are and clearly remember libtards like YOU motherfucking Bush every step of the way on every issue. If you weren't out there personally, you were certainly cheerleading.

Go fuck yourself, you lying bitch.
Really, you need to get off the meds. They're not only clouding your memory but completely fucking up your reasoning abilities.

On the other hand, maybe you need to get back on the meds. Either way you're just about as full of shit as poptart, which is really saying something.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote: He is a piece of shit, you stupid fuck.

and you're a closet theist, republican honk and a wanna be racist-doesn't mean you're a piece of shit
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Speaking of school and classes----anyone know if Mike the Lab Rat even lurks here anymore ? School has started in CNY and it would be interesting to know his thoughts.