Little League World Series ??

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Little League World Series ??

Post by Wolfman »

I must admit that I have been watching some of the games. The kids play hard for their skill level and where else would you get information like a player's favorite movie ?? One disturbing thing is that game announcers were talking about parents who quit their jobs to follow their son along the way to Williamsport--probably a poor decision. And watching some of those parents behavior reinforces the stereotype of the bad sport's parent. Back when I umpired baseball, a friend asked me to umpire a game in a local LL tournament. The parent's were such assholes that I told him never to call me again. At least I got paid. I can't believe that the guys calling the LL WS actually pay their own expenses !
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Re: Little League World Series ??

Post by Trampis »

I think its like this in all kids sports. There's money to be made and/or college scholarships on the line. Or, its just a demented culture like Texas HS football.
Oh well, we all need something to focus on and why not our kids sports "career". I mean, where else can your kid not live up to your expectations and be calling you a god damn prick when they are 23 and drug addled from dissapointing you?
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Never touch a player. Especially true since now I only umpire the girl's high school softball. Always thought that was a bad mechanic; those that do that believe they can keep out of the catcher's way more easily on pop ups.
BTW--last night I saw the home plate umpire touch an injured catcher--- a real NO-NO.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I've never missed a game.
Wolfman wrote:Never touch a player.
Not in. What's good for the goose may not be good for the gander.

Sin,
DiS
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Haven't watched any of the games, but the West team from Chula Vista (just south of San Diego) is apparently pretty good. 29-0 and 10 homers in the first two games. I've seen a couple of local features on the team and apparently they are a really nice bunch of kids. Five of the 12 go to the same middle school and needless to say it's the biggst thing that's ever happened there.

Prolly have to watch the game this evening.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

^^^^ Chula Vista won their first two games 15-0 and 14-0, they play today. If the Japs and Taiwan's aren't loaded with 14 and 15 year olds CV will prolly waltz through to the championship.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

S_M wrote:Little League MILFs.
Game over.

:bode:
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

How is it even possible to miss Harold Reynolds? That's like missing one extra ball of fluff from your dryer's lint trap.

Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

this thread should have been a PM to Diego
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Van wrote:How is it even possible to miss Harold Reynolds? That's like missing one extra ball of fluff from your dryer's lint trap.
He was so enthusiastic doing the kids' games.
I sense a Diego joke in there.

PL
Same for me. Be nice.

Post by PL »

A couple years back, I made the jorned to Williamsport Pa for the LL WS.

Had Always watched it on TV and I'm about a three hour drive. I had many of the same ideas about this as what I have read so far, but I still wanted to see it and took the whold fucking family.

I must say, I was amazed at how opposite it was to what i thought it would be.

It was way cool from the get go. No $25 parking. (it was free)
no tickets to get in...free.

the dont ass rape you for food. very reasonable.

what you dont see on TV is really how top notch this event is, and its really for the kids.

the umpires are all volunteers and during breaks and before games its very common to see them do dances with the kids.

there are always whack job parents...always will be.
But i side barred the guy with many credentials around his neck from the northwest region (oregon) , he was the district dude and I asked,,,whats the deal? this all seems very smooth. He said there is a point when meetings are reguklarly held with the PARENTS to temper their expectations and understand what this is about. They are very direct on this and it appeared to be working.

I agin, mentioned, most LL coaches seems way bizarre and I didt see that either.
These are quality coaches who, for the most part, get it.

I was pleasantly surprised and amazed at how this thing really does work, and we have been back.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

the umpires are all volunteers and during breaks and before games its very common to see them do dances with the kids.
:shock:

Tha' fuck?

That is downright disturbing.

PL
Same for me. Be nice.

Post by PL »

Van wrote:

Tha' fuck?

its good for laughs. its really all good.

trust me, I thought otherwise before
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Van wrote:

Tha' fuck?

Not really. Since a primary goal is to minimize the kids' chances of getting injured, the umps, being Men Without Hats, were prolly having them do the Safety Dance.
"I see everything twice!"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

~palms up, grinning, with an amused and amazed 'Wtf, dude? Even for you, that was totally bizarre!' expression, I sit here and stare at Smackie~

Trampis
Eternal Scobode

Post by Trampis »

Dancing with the kids? Safety Dance? Whats that?
Bad spelling is a diversionary tactic
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Heard a story about how it took 32 hours travel time for the kids and families from Taiwan to get to Williamsport. And then they show many of them in stands having the time of their lives with several wearing Yankee hats. That's pretty cool, and they've got a good team. It was almost funny watching them bitchslap the Canucks the other day. Pretty sure they'll make the final.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Roach wrote:But wow these 12 year old can play some ball!
"Take me out to the ball game, take me out to the crowd..."

Sincerely, Diego.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

War Wagon wrote:Heard a story about how it took 32 hours travel time for the kids and families from Taiwan to get to Williamsport. And then they show many of them in stands having the time of their lives with several wearing Yankee hats. That's pretty cool, and they've got a good team. It was almost funny watching them bitchslap the Canucks the other day. Pretty sure they'll make the final.

...not so quick wags, they're down 2-zip to the Beaner kids and the Meheko pitcher is throwing a no-no. Stay tuned.

Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Perk looks up to those players....literally.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Papa Willie wrote:
Diego in Seattle wrote:Perk looks up to those players....literally.
And you're looking at their asses and cock-bulges. No surprises there....
Man...I seriously don't laugh out loud often. Maybe it's because of all the good shit on these boards over the years have numbed me to "stupid joke from neighbor" but this got me chuckling in the office. Thanks, spray.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Rack the Calvin & Hobbes reset, Screw.

:lol:
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Was watching some LLWS highlights on ESPN this morning. Those fugin' kids turn double plays like big leaguers. The 3rd baseman that pulled the 5-3 double play had a fukking cannon arm.

Then there was the ump who called a strike 3 on a ball a good foot outside. Bet there weren't any parents whining about that one.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

smackaholic wrote:Then there was the ump who called a strike 3 on a ball a good foot outside. Bet there weren't any parents whining about that one.
Back when I was in LL, I got punched out out on a questionable called 3rd strike. My pops just told me that the pitcher was always going to get the benefit of the doubt on that call and to stop standing there with the bat on my shoulder.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Baseball (or softball) 101:

When you've got 2 strikes, you protect the plate, doesn't matter if the ball is a foot outside... you reach out there and foul it off.

If you get caught looking at a called 3rd strike, that's on you, not the ump.

Don't like the above unwritten rule? Don't get 2 strikes in the first place. More often than not the best pitch any batter will get is the 1st pitch. If you couldn't handle that, then don't bitch when you get rung up on a questionable called 3rd strike.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

War Wagon wrote:Heard a story about how it took 32 hours travel time for the kids and families from Taiwan to get to Williamsport. And then they show many of them in stands having the time of their lives with several wearing Yankee hats. That's pretty cool, and they've got a good team. It was almost funny watching them bitchslap the Canucks the other day. Pretty sure they'll make the final.

Pussies...Cal endures that shit every year and has lost at least 12 MNC's due to this and crooked Zebras. Little bitches don't know what TRUE jet-lag is.

THE TRUTH!
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

War Wagon wrote:Baseball (or softball) 101:

When you've got 2 strikes, you protect the plate, doesn't matter if the ball is a foot outside... you reach out there and foul it off.

If you get caught looking at a called 3rd strike, that's on you, not the ump.

Don't like the above unwritten rule? Don't get 2 strikes in the first place. More often than not the best pitch any batter will get is the 1st pitch. If you couldn't handle that, then don't bitch when you get rung up on a questionable called 3rd strike.
Wags, did you see the game or the ESPN highlights we are talking about? I agree with you that with 2 strikes, you better be swinging at anything close. This wasn't. If dude wasn't a lefty, he would have been standing on first base because it would have hit him square in the hip. Actually, it might have went behind him. It was that fukking far outside. That kid couldn't have put wood errr aluminum on that pitch if he wanted to.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Apparently anything waist high is a strike for them. If I was a coach there, I'd have my kids aiming a foot outside all game long.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

San Diego was 1-1 in baseball against Georgia last night.

We won the one that counted though.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

...The LoCal team from Chula Vista just won the championship game, beating the chinks 6-3 Featuring Troy Glaus at first base and a supporting cast of blue bombers, the San Diego team hit 19 hr's and averaged 10 runs a game during the championship week. Nice!

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ChargerMike wrote:...The LoCal team from Chula Vista just won the championship game, beating the chinks 6-3!
Chinks?

Rack Chula Vista, but you failed to mention that most of them are spics. I guess it's different when they're our spics, though. :wink:
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

War Wagon wrote:
ChargerMike wrote:...The LoCal team from Chula Vista just won the championship game, beating the chinks 6-3!
Chinks?

Rack Chula Vista, but you failed to mention that most of them are spics. I guess it's different when they're our spics, though. :wink:

...well of course you're right wags. When I said LoCal, I meant a stones throw for Tijuana. :lol: and yes that makes them OUR beaners or spicks if you prefer.

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Rack our spics for getting over on the chinamen.

Now let's see your fukkin' green cards, amigos.
Canadian
canadianlattitude.ca

Post by Canadian »

This tournament is a sham anyway. The US gets eight teams while other countries only get one and the USA is guaranteed a spot in the final because of it.

I will not consider this tournament legitimate until the the USA gets only one team like everyone else.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

Canadian wrote:This tournament is a sham anyway. The US gets eight teams while other countries only get one and the USA is guaranteed a spot in the final because of it.

I will not consider this tournament legitimate until the the USA gets only one team like everyone else.
Either you're trolling or just plain stupid. probably both.

The US is at a disadvantage because thier talent is spread thin thru 8 teams.. Let the US put an all-star team together and they'll beat the Padres.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sirfindafold wrote:
Canadian wrote:This tournament is a sham anyway. The US gets eight teams while other countries only get one and the USA is guaranteed a spot in the final because of it.

Either you're trolling or just plain stupid. probably both.

The US is at a disadvantage because thier talent is spread thin thru 8 teams.. Let the US put an all-star team together and they'll beat the Padres.
I'm thinking that Chula Vista might beat the Padres.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

War Wagon wrote:
Chinks?

Strange that the spics from Chalupa Visa won....I would have have thought the fix was in to allow Warner Robbins to win since the girls softball won Little League Softball World Series here in Portland 2 weeks ago.

That would have been the first time boys and girls teams from same town had won both series.....hmmmmm
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

..you are surely FOS ey? My kid played on the Northridge little league here in the San Fernando Valley. They have American and National divisions. Back when he played the all stars from the American played the all stars from the National and the winner advanced to district. We couldn't even combine the talent from the same freaking little league. You talk about a disadvantage. Even so, Northridge has done quite well. You remember Matt Cassell and the team he led to the championship game against a Venezuela team that was laden with bearded 12 year olds??? After a 3+hour delayNorthridge lost 4-3 to that squad of 15 year olds...

Tell ya what Canada stick to a sport your country does well ..hockey...oh wait, nevermind.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sirfindafold wrote: The US is at a disadvantage because thier talent is spread thin thru 8 teams..
And lets not forget that the Cal team had to travel all the way to an Eastern Time zone... wait, wrong forum.