Do you believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Do you believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 87

Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

Well, that was a weak attempt at "turning his argument back on him", then and you failed miserably.

Like you said, he had an argument based on mathematical odds on the number of stars, galaxies and "yadda yadda yadda" to base his belief on.
His "argument" was based on numbers that even HE admitted came from nowhere.

We don't KNOW how many galaxies there are, how many galaxies have suns like ours, how many suns like ours have planets like ours, etc., so every number he was using was pulled completely out of his ass.

He had questioned the logic (and actually, the intelligence) of claiming to be science-minded folk while believing in the divinity of Christ. The gist of his argument was that HIS beliefs were logical.

MY point in countering him was that pulling unsubstantiated, unproven (and unprovable, IMNSHO) numbers and statistics to base HIS belief was no more logical than my religious belief. Just tossing numbers in there doesn't make his argument scientific if the numbers have no basis, which they don't.

He can believe all he wants in extraterrestrail life. He just has absolutely no truly logical, fact-based, scientific way to justify it. His belief that there "must" be life on other planets is just as much a matter of faith as my belief in the Resurrection, God, Heaven, Hell, etc.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Cuda wrote:You'll smoke a turd in hell for all eternity fort that, VOR
What happened to the loving and forgiving God?
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

See You Next Wednesday wrote:
You called him a cocksucker, what do you think happened to him?
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
See You Next Wednesday

Cuda wrote:
See You Next Wednesday wrote:
You called him a cocksucker, what do you think happened to him?
Tweren't me.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Does Jesus exist? I honestly don't know ,although I am leaning towards non-belief.

Is there another planet out there kinda like ours? Prolly.

On said planet is there a fat ass no line having "actor". Prolly.

If he is making 2500 clams a day, is there any chance that he is not spending a considerable % of it on hookers? No fukkin' way.

That settles it, jess is unique in the whole universe.

Maybe he's jesus.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Well, how about that? You didn't call him a cocksucker in this thread, did you, SYNW? RACK you for catching Cuda making a mistake.

Well, VOR will smoke a turd in hell for all eternity for that. You'll smoke one for some other reason, no doubt
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
See You Next Wednesday

Cuda wrote: Well, VOR will smoke a turd in hell for all eternity for that. You'll smoke one for some other reason, no doubt
Fair enough, then.
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

mvscal wrote: Nonsense. He knows that there is life on every corner of this planet no matter how inhospitable the location.
No he doesn't. And there ARE spots on this planet where there is no life.
It is certainly "logical" to believe that life exists on other planets as well.
No it isn't, without PROOF. And citing numbers pulled out of his ass is not proof.
On the other hand, your beliefs are utterly without any rational basis in fact whatsoever.
That's my point, dingus. That's why my beliefs are faith...just as his are.
You don't know anything at all about the Resurrection, God, Heaven or Hell.
I "know" as much about those things as he "knows" about life on other planets.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

rut-roh

Lab Rat has some time on his hands.

Before this is all said and done, someone's going to be springing for a round of Johnny Walker Red, I just know it.
Voice of Reason
Elwood

Post by Voice of Reason »

Mike the Lab Rat wrote:
You don't know anything at all about the Resurrection, God, Heaven or Hell.
I "know" as much about those things as he "knows" about life on other planets.
um..bullshit.

The point, again, is that based on what he knows about life on "this" planet, and all the various forms it takes and rough terrain, climates and environments it can live in, he is making a logical assumption about there being life on one, or more, of the billions of other similar floating rocks out there.

There is nothing you know about ressurrection, god, heaven or hell because none of those things has ever been observed, unlike life has been observed on this planet and unlike other planets have been observed in the universe.

Your stance = blind unknowing faith, without evidence or a logical basis for the claim.

His stance = educated guess, backed by observation.
"The Church says that the Earth is flat, but I know that it is round. For I have seen the shadow on the moon and I have more faith in the Shadow than in the Church."

- Ferdinand Magellan
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

88 wrote:What I don't get about the whole Jesus Christ story is why? If God Almighty is so fucking good and so fucking powerful, why does he send his own son to Earth to be brutally murdered?
PR? Spin? Trying to amend his eye-for-an-eye ways?
why is my neighborhood on fire
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Voice of Reason wrote:
There is nothing you know about ressurrection, god, heaven or hell because none of those things has ever been observed...
How do you know they've never been observed, mensa? Just because you've never observed them, doesn't mean that they haven't been observed.
Your stance = blind unknowing faith, without evidence or a logical basis for the claim.

His stance = educated guess, backed by observation.
I believe that people of faith also base their conclusions based on evidence, logic, and observation.

I also believe that idiot savants like you whistle when you walk past the graveyard.
Voice of Reason
Elwood

War Wagon wrote:
Voice of Reason wrote:
There is nothing you know about ressurrection, god, heaven or hell because none of those things has ever been observed...
How do you know they've never been observed, mensa? Just because you've never observed them, doesn't mean that they haven't been observed.
Stories are not observations.

When someone comes forth with a video tape of a decomposing corpse, completely devoid of life coming back to life, then maybe there will be some evidence of an observation of reserrection. Until then, you have no observations, only stories.

I believe that people of faith also base their conclusions based on evidence, logic, and observation.

I also believe that idiot savants like you whistle when you walk past the graveyard.
Well I happy that you believe that. But, you are wrong. People of faith base their conclusions on FAITH.

Please, there is no logic than can lead to these conclusions. This is a fact that can be proved through formal proofs, which actually define what logic is.

No argument that leads to the belief in god is either logical or sound. Most arguments that leads to the belief in God are based on, or made up of fallacies.
"The Church says that the Earth is flat, but I know that it is round. For I have seen the shadow on the moon and I have more faith in the Shadow than in the Church."

- Ferdinand Magellan
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

War Wagon wrote: I believe that people of faith also base their conclusions based on evidence, logic, and observation.
^^^
This from a guy whose religious beliefs began after a friend of his blew his own head off right in front of him.

So much for logic and observation.... :roll:
ppanther
Elwood

Re: Do you believe that Jesus Christ rose from the dead?

Post by ppanther »

Blitzkrieg wrote:This isn't the tread for religious debate or smack.
:roll:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Voice of Reason wrote: Stories are not observations.

When someone comes forth with a video tape of a decomposing corpse, completely devoid of life coming back to life, then maybe there will be some evidence of an observation of reserrection. Until then, you have no observations, only stories.
Ahhh....the doubting Thomas rationale, I see. To prove anything to you, you'd need a time machine, apparently.

Btw, seen any videos of George Washington crossing the Potomac lately?

How about Abe Lincoln delivering the Gettysburgh address?

Joan of Arc being burned at the stake?

Columbus discovering America?

I'm positive that Magna Carta and Ghengis Khan thingy is on tape at the History Channel, but they prolly doctored the sumbitch.

Well hells bells then, you're right by golly. Those aren't observations... only stories. As such it is not logical to believe in such stories, eh Spock?
Well I happy that you believe that. But, you are wrong. People of faith base their conclusions on FAITH.
I happy also to know that a person who doesn't have faith know what a person who do base their conclusion on. I much happy. I do HAPPY DANCE!
Please, there is no logic than can lead to these conclusions. This is a fact that can be proved through formal proofs, which actually define what logic is.

No argument that leads to the belief in god is either logical or sound. Most arguments that leads to the belief in God are based on, or made up of fallacies.
Sheesh!

How old are you son? I'm guessing about 15.

Get back to me in about 25 years when you actually have some life experience to relate your "sound logic" to.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mister Bushice wrote:
War Wagon wrote: I believe that people of faith also base their conclusions based on evidence, logic, and observation.
^^^
This from a guy whose religious beliefs began...
You know nothing about when or how my religious beliefs began, ankle biter.

But it's not surprising that you'd spout off about something you don't know anything about.
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Considering that you spilled your guts on the topic over at TNW, I'd say I and every one else over there at that time knows exactly how your religious beliefs began.

Because you're to stupid to keep your big mouth shut about your pathetic life is no reason to deny what you yourself posted.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

You know for people that are so quick to complain about their religious rights being infringed upon and attacked (christians in America today) you guys sure are quick to do it to others :?

I'll admit your rights are being infringed upon but from what I have gathered the same occurs when another point of view is expounded upon as well.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Voice of Reason
Elwood

War Wagon wrote:
Btw, seen any videos of George Washington crossing the Potomac lately?

How about Abe Lincoln delivering the Gettysburgh address?

Joan of Arc being burned at the stake?

Columbus discovering America?

I'm positive that Magna Carta and Ghengis Khan thingy is on tape at the History Channel, but they prolly doctored the sumbitch.

Well hells bells then, you're right by golly. Those aren't observations... only stories. As such it is not logical to believe in such stories, eh Spock?
Actually, those are stories. And since you aren't using them in an argument they are simply meaningless stories. What, exactly, would you be trying to prove or disprove with these stories?

That Columbus discovered America? Well, he wasn't the first and much of the Columbus stories have been embelished, but that is really beside the point.

Columbus and his crew sailed a boat. If the stories said that he ate 6 cans of beans and farted his way across the Atlantic, and we all accepted that as fact, you might have a point.

How old are you son? I'm guessing about 15.

Get back to me in about 25 years when you actually have some life experience to relate your "sound logic" to.

Way to bust out the age and "life experience" smack. A sure sign of getting the upper hand in an argument. You clearly have no clue about logical arguments, or know what a sound, or cogent, argument, is.

- Ferdinand Magellan
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

.....got that funny feelin' God is.......dead...

Perry Farrell
Defense wins championships.
ADAM
still pays, but gets no sex anymore

Post by ADAM »

Blitzkrieg wrote:.....got that funny feelin' God is.......dead...

Perry Farrell
Everybody has their own opinion........ :wink:
The only right answer to a fool is silence
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mister Bushice wrote:Considering that you spilled your guts on the topic over at TNW, I'd say I and every one else over there at that time knows exactly how your religious beliefs began.

Because you're to stupid to keep your big mouth shut about your pathetic life is no reason to deny what you yourself posted.
I'm not denying anything, you flipping tiresome 'tard.

Pathetic life?

Let's see...you think claiming 'bode on a message board is the end all and be all of your life, yes?

One of these days I'll call you out and end this once and for all...that is if you aren't too much of a chickenshit to answer the call.

In the meantime, I'll get back to my pathetic life, which doesn't include much time for losers like you.

You get back to yours.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

What's wrong with a Significant Emotional Event in somebody's life causing that person to turn to God ?

I'm missing something here. I was at TNW, I don't remember this "pathetic" revealation.
With all the horseshit around here, you'd think there'd be a pony somewhere.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Arguing about religion doesn't do much good.

Show me your hands.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

Tom In VA wrote:What's wrong with a Significant Emotional Event in somebody's life causing that person to turn to God ?
nothing. just recognize it for what it is.
why is my neighborhood on fire
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

War Wagon wrote: Btw, seen any videos of George Washington crossing the *Potomac lately?
Or when the Germans attacked pearl Harbor perhaps? :roll:

* pssst it was the delaware, dumbshit
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Tom In VA wrote:What's wrong with a Significant Emotional Event in somebody's life causing that person to turn to God ?

I'm missing something here. I was at TNW, I don't remember this "pathetic" revealation.
Well He's not denying it, and I clearly remember him posting it. Don't need to know much more than that.
What's wrong with a Significant Emotional Event in somebody's life causing that person to turn to God ?
Rather odd that among unbelievers it only occurs to those who experience a significant emotional event, isn't it? And when said person suddenly begins to make references to the fact god spoke to them, after decades of silence? What abut the other few billions of people who don't believe? If it is from the creator shouldn't they hear that message too?

For those "Born Again", it's really a matter of them having no where else to turn, so religion becomes the crutch they lean on, and that's all well and good for them if they need it, but for them to begin preaching the gospel to others as if they were there for the events described therein is rather absurd.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Well Saul used to beat the living shit out of early Christian until God knocked him off his ass on his ass and he had an epiphany.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Washington crossed the Potomac at some point in his life :P
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

Of course he did, but whitey list was pointing out significant historical events. I don't think Washington buying fish in Maryland qualifies. :)
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

:lol:

Well if he never left Virginia, by crossing the Potomac, he never would have made it to Valley Forge either.

:twistedsmiliedude:
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

You're ruining my animal house reference. :)
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Tom In VA wrote:Well Saul used to beat the living shit out of early Christian until God knocked him off his ass on his ass and he had an epiphany.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure Washington crossed the Potomac at some point in his life :P
Too bad he never stopped persecuting the followers of John the Baptist who did not accept Jesus. He was far worse on them than he ever was to those that followed Jesus.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

War Wagon wrote:I believe that people of faith also base their conclusions based on evidence, logic, and observation.

RACK Wagon.

Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

poptart wrote:
War Wagon wrote:I believe that people of faith also base their conclusions based on what was written in the bible.

I also believe that idiot savants like you whistle when you walk past the graveyard, and being a "good" christian, I will be sure to insult and post condescendingly to you at every opportunity.
RACK Wagon. I do the same thing.

FTFY
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mister Bushice wrote:
poptart wrote:
War Wagon wrote:I believe that people of faith also base their conclusions based on what was written in the bible.

I also believe that idiot savants like you whistle when you walk past the graveyard, and being a "good" christian, I will be sure to insult and post condescendingly to you at every opportunity.
RACK Wagon. I do the same thing.

FTFY
My faith is not based entirely on what is written in the Bible, Bushice, but yes, absolutely, I believe the Bible.

You can deny God all you want, but I know you can see and feel His truth.

And yes, I promise to continue to insult you, and post condescendingly at you at every opportunity, you moronic idiot savant.

My Christian wife and Christian children are all laughing at you.

'Bode. :lol:
Mister Bushice

Post by Mister Bushice »

poptart wrote:
Mister Bushice wrote:
poptart wrote: RACK Wagon. I do the same thing.

FTFY
My faith is not based entirely on what is written in the Bible, Bushice, but yes, absolutely, I believe the Bible.

You can deny God all you want, but I know you can see and feel His truth.
Sure can - famine, diseases, death, suffering,

Oh, what god Hath wrought.

And yes, I promise to continue to insult you, and post condescendingly at you at every opportunity, you moronic idiot savant.
I know you will, you pathetic, hypocritical excuse for a good christian.
Yeah, and mansons followers carved swastickas in their foreheads. So what? You can trick anyone into thinking you're the answer, vvv
'Bode. :lol:
Including tricking yourself.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

poptart wrote:And yes, I promise to continue to insult you, and post condescendingly at you at every opportunity, you moronic idiot savant.

^^^

Likes to have fun during the snake-charming and CD-breaking parties.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Blitzkrieg
The Last European

Post by Blitzkrieg »

ppanther wrote:
Blitzkrieg wrote:This isn't the tread for religious debate or smack.
:roll:

What can I say? I'm a popular guy.
Defense wins championships.
Y2K
Internet Overlord

Post by Y2K »

Blitzkrieg wrote:This isn't the tread for religious debate or smack. It's a straight up anonymous poll in my book.

Let's see what percentage make up the T1B "faithful".

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotta give it up for a damn good troll em up post.

Rack it!