Bill Maher vs Poptart

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Bill Maher vs Poptart

Post by smackaholic »

Moving Sale wrote:
smackaholic wrote: mvscal can get away with it as he generally mixes in a take.
A take that is right down your alley seeing as you two are a couple of Racist tards Eh?
No, takeless vapid one.

There are those I differ with politically here such as mikey and fester. Yet, they are 2 of my favorite posters because they have wit.

You, on the other hand generally have shit, other than bitter, badly written personal attacks or really fukked up nitpicky arguements.

Now, kindly go fukk yourself.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

Moving Sale wrote:
Van wrote: I look forward to your Noah's ark explanation, especially if that's not one of those parts which should only be considered "imagery."
And I am looking forward to you explaining your position on separation of church and state you braindead assfuck.

it's a phrase in which Libtards have completely twisted the context of, and they also dream of it being written into the Constitution......
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Ruff wrote:According to Van, and many others here, the FACT that you can't prove she loved you makes you a kookie, hallucinogenic, brain-dead hippie.
Not at all. You're making that connection; I haven't. I never said that believing in anything you can't prove makes you a kook. Believing your mother loves you may not be "provable" but it's a very reasonable conclusion.

Being a wandering desert hippy who believes in talking snakes, 900 year old men, arks filled with breeding groups of every animal on the planet and a guy named Adam who appeared out of nowhere to populate an entire planet, that sort of person tends to inspire the label of "kook."

See the difference there?

:?
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Ruff
Elwood

Post by Ruff »

Without digging through 250 posts, I'll just go on your presumtion in this thread where you think it's foolish for someone to have faith.

My point, why question one's faith, whatever it might be, if they may have reason to believe it which you do not?
You want them to share that reason with you? And when they attempt to do so, you reject it, call call them foolish?
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

i wonder if mvscal believes in UFO's or the possibility of life on another planet.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

titlover wrote:
it's a phrase in which Libtards have completely twisted the context of
You're absolutely right, this group is right at the top of the "libtard" heap.....

James Madison
James Wilson
Rufus King
Elbridge Gerry
Edmund Randolph
Charles Pinckney
George Mason
Alexander Hamilton
Gouverneur Morris
John Rutledge
Caleb Strong
George Read
John Marshall
John Vining
Ben Franklin
Fisher Ames
James Monroe
James McHenry
Thomas Jefferson
Samuel Adams
Patrick Henry
John Q. Adams
John Adams

Oliver Ellsworth
Ben Rush
John Jay
John Randolph
Joseph Story
Henry Lee
John Hancock
John Witherspoon
Noah Webster

and pushaw to that pesky first amendment
why do you hate seperation of church and state?
Last edited by Felix on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
get out, get out while there's still time
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

Felix wrote:
titlover wrote:
it's a phrase in which Libtards have completely twisted the context of
You're absolutely right, this group is right at the top of the "libtard" heap.....

James Madison
James Wilson
Rufus King
Elbridge Gerry
Edmund Randolph
Charles Pinckney
George Mason
Alexander Hamilton
Gouverneur Morris
John Rutledge
Caleb Strong
George Read
John Marshall
John Vining
Ben Franklin
Fisher Ames
James Monroe
James McHenry
Thomas Jefferson
Samuel Adams
Patrick Henry
John Q. Adams
John Adams

Oliver Ellsworth
Ben Rush
John Jay
John Randolph
Joseph Story
Henry Lee
John Hancock
John Witherspoon
Noah Webster

why do you hate seperation of church and state?
when i use that phrase i refer to the present day MoveOn libs......they do twist the context. hell, they probably have no clue where it originated from so they just make it mean what they like it to mean. :lol:
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

titlover wrote: when i use that phrase i refer to the present day MoveOn libs......they do twist the context. hell, they probably have no clue where it originated from so they just make it mean what they like it to mean. :lol:
link?
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

Felix wrote:
titlover wrote: when i use that phrase i refer to the present day MoveOn libs......they do twist the context. hell, they probably have no clue where it originated from so they just make it mean what they like it to mean. :lol:
link?

i don't have a link to my own personal observations.....unles you consider this post a source.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

titlover wrote:

i don't have a link to my own personal observations.....unles you consider this post a source.
if you have "personal observations" then they must be based on something

you implied that MoveOn types try and subvert the whole seperation of church and state debate to push a liberal agenda, and I was simply asking for an example of this-you know, something you've personally observed...and no, Roe V. Wade doesn't qualify as a seperation of church and state argument, that goes to personal freedom discussion
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Ruff wrote:Without digging through 250 posts, I'll just go on your presumtion in this thread where you think it's foolish for someone to have faith.
And I'm telling you you're misrepresenting my position by attempting to apply an erroneous blanket statement to my beliefs.

I never said it's foolish for someone to have faith. I have all sorts of faith. I just don't have faith in the bible, and in organized religion in general. I have zero faith in many of the bible's obviously silly fables. If someone truly and literally believes in every last word of the bible, exactly as it's written, including the comical fables, then yes, I consider such a person foolish. If however they believe their wife or mother loves them, no, I don't consider them foolish. The latter is something they've witnessed with their own eyes and the conclusion they draw from what they see is a reasonable one. The former is akin to believing in Santa Claus. You've never seen it with your own eyes and you know it's physically impossible and yet you believe in it anyway, because you feel you're supposed to believe in it. You have no basis in reason to believe such nonsense.
My point, why question one's faith, whatever it might be, if they may have reason to believe it which you do not?
For the same reason you'd question the faith of someone espousing firm knowledge that the Easter Bunny is real.

I don't question one's faith in Jesus, or god. I question my own faith there. I do however question their faith in Noah's ark. At that point I not only question their faith, I question their sanity.
You want them to share that reason with you?
Absolutely. I'd like to hear their explanation as to how they came to believe in the Easter Bunny.
And when they attempt to do so, you reject it, call call them foolish?
If their only reasoning is the bible says it happened then yes, I will reject their reasoning and call it and them foolish. Yes, I will. They better bring more to the argument than a brochure from the manufacturer.
Last edited by Van on Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mvscal wrote:Intelligent life? Not so much. Intelligence has little if anything to do with biological success.
Or many a message board discussion.

Anyway, I'm still wondering what TVO's beef is with Thomas Jefferson and John Adams? TVO seemed oddly put off by the notion that a separation of church and state was one of this country's founding prinicipals...at least according to this country's leading founders.

Ruff
Elwood

Post by Ruff »

Ok, then tell me again how foolish those disciples were. You know the ones who witnessed with their own eyes Jesus lifted into heaven, after haven risen from the dead, of course. You're not gonna pull a switch on me here and say that first hand they can make those claims, but if someone else writes about that experience, it can't be repeated, lest they be mocked?

You're trying to make a distinction between Bible believers and someone who believes in something else, but you haven't done very well at making that distinction.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Ruff wrote:Ok, then tell me again how foolish those disciples were. You know the ones who witnessed with their own eyes Jesus lifted into heaven, after haven risen from the dead, of course.
I have two concerns about the disciples...

1-Did they even really exist, in the manner described in the bible? Did any of those events really happen, as described in the bible?

See, I have to take the bible's word for their existence, and their words and actions. Considering how full of shit the bible is regarding other matters how am I to pick and choose which things are to be believed and which should be dismissed as fable?

2-Assuming I take the bible at its word I still have to weigh the actions of the few against the actions of the many. The vast majority of people who met Christ didn't become his disciples. The vast majority of people who met Christ weren't willing to die for the guy. Eshew the comparison all you want but the vast majority of people who meet any cult leader aren't willing to become the guy's disciple. The mere existence of his cult doesn't prove he's who his cult thinks he is.

The fact that Christ and god were only willing to show themselves to a small band of desert dwellers two thousand years ago, or more, if you count the Old Testament, seems mighty specious to me.

I would've been more impressed by Christ and god's appearance if they would've at least taken up residence in the Roman Senate, where their words and their very existence could've been documented much better.

I'd be even more impressed if Christ and god would quit acting like the junior high cock tease who ended up never putting out before she finally got hit by a bus.
You're not gonna pull a switch on me here and say that first hand they can make those claims, but if someone else writes about that experience, it can't be repeated, lest they be mocked?
That's not a switch, first of all. It's sound reasoning. The people who wrote the bible, the bible which is in question here, those people never met the guy. They're reporting second, third and fiftieth hand stories. All those stories handed down through the centuries, they get altered as they pass from hand to hand.

You could make up a lunch order and pass it around the office and by the time the go-fer ends up at Subway the order will be completely fucked up. I'm supposed to believe a bunch of primitives didn't do worse, with much lengthier material?
You're trying to make a distinction between Bible believers and someone who believes in something else, but you haven't done very well at making that distinction.
I've done an excellent job of making that distinction. I've done a flawless job of it, in fact. You brought up both a wife's love and a mother's love and I very soundly explained how faith in their love is completely reasonable while faith in the silliest portions of the bible is completely unreasonable.

titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

mvscal wrote:
titlover wrote:i wonder if mvscal believes in UFO's or the possibility of life on another planet.
Depends on what you mean by UFO. Plenty of credible witnesses have seen "things." Are these things extra-terrestrial aliens in flying saucers? I doubt it.

I believe life on other planets is most likely quite common. We know life flourishes on this planet in some of the most extreme and unlikely places. Intelligent life? Not so much. Intelligence has little if anything to do with biological success.

so wait, you believe without any shred of real proof. not trying to play gotcha, but you can see how that is sort of inconsistant. and i'm an agnostic.
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

Felix wrote:
titlover wrote:

if you have "personal observations" then they must be based on something

you implied that MoveOn types try and subvert the whole seperation of church and state debate to push a liberal agenda, and I was simply asking for an example of this-you know, something you've personally observed...and no, Roe V. Wade doesn't qualify as a seperation of church and state argument, that goes to personal freedom discussion

i'm just saying they got it all backwards yet still run with it.....they look stoo-pid.

they all think this means that there should not be any trace of religion anywhere in gov't.

when actually Thomas Jefferson didn't mean that at all......
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

titlover, I won't attempt to speak for the guy but to be fair Mvscal merely said he believes it most likely to be so, he didn't say he knows it to be so.

I don't see any contradiction or hypocrisy there. It simply seems more likely, based on available science.

I'm somewhat in the same boat, only in terms of god and Jesus. I believe it most likely that man, lacking any better answers, simply invented them. I don't know it to be so but I believe it most likely to be so.

Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

mvscal wrote:There are also very good reasons for believing that life is possible on other worlds
Yes there is. And it's a world of Jessica Alba's waiting to take us all up to their planet and make us sex slaves.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:I've done an excellent job of making that distinction. I've done a flawless job of it, in fact.
Awesome. I see where you're coming from now.

Well Van, you certainly don't need a higher power or any silly old God in your life. Prayer? That's for simple minded suckers. You are the master of all you survey. You've looked in the mirror and decided that indeed there is a God, and that You are Him.

Congrats on the epiphany.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

WW, quote the entire comment, in context...
I've done an excellent job of making that distinction. I've done a flawless job of it, in fact. You brought up both a wife's love and a mother's love and I very soundly explained how faith in their love is completely reasonable while faith in the silliest portions of the bible is completely unreasonable.
That is the excellent distinction I made, ie, explaning how having faith in your wife's or mother's love for you is a whole lot more reasonable than having faith in Noah's ark.

Is this how you usually debate, by removing the context in which statements appear? Deleting the edifying portions of statements, leaving only those items which in isolation work for you, is this your usual debate tactic?

Good job!

This is why you'll never get past OU.

:hfal:
Last edited by Van on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Wait just a sec, your flawless omniscience...
Van wrote: I know that's not how THIS place is. This is a smack board. I know taking such a stance isn't cool 'round these parts.
Dang, and you were on such a roll...

Ignoring mouth breathing idiots like TVO is very cool, but it's not something you have to say you're going to do... you just do it and the message comes thru loud and clear.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:WW, quote the entire comment, in context...

Is this how you usually debate, by removing the context in which statements appear?
No, but I'll refer back to this.
It's my time, and I'll spend it how I wish. I'll conduct myself as I see fit.
Taking quotes out of context is very much what this smack board is about. I'll zero in on anything I can use, verbatim, but absolutely never go to the lame 'FTFY" card.

I just like trying to keep you honest. Tough job, but someone has to do it.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

War Wagon wrote:Taking quotes out of context is very much what this smack board is about.
I'll take it a step further. I can't claim with certainty, but I believe I saw something documented by The Deciders that if you don't do it at least once every few hundred posts, you risk being banned.
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

WW wrote:Ignoring mouth breathing idiots like TVO is very cool, but it's not something you have to say you're going to do... you just do it and the message comes thru loud and clear.
I considered doing that too but since hopefully I won't feel compelled to ignore all his responses I felt it would look rather odd to only ignore select responses, completely out of the blue. I'd rather just explain it once. He won't be able to say I'm dodging him now, not after I've clearly explained to him that I won't be bothered to post with people who waste my time with juvenile garbage.

It's not just TVO either. If anybody posts to me the way TVO does I'll ignore them too. I'd ignore Birdy if he posted to me the way he posts to Mvscal.

I'll be happy though to continue posting with TVO, if and when he ever manages to drop this childish name calling shtick.

Like I said, I know this isn't the normal thing to do here. People here generally don't take this stance. They also don't generally inform the guy of the decision.

Oh well. No biggie. I'd much rather post with people like you anyway. It's a lot more enjoyable to me to post with people who have both a sense of humor and civility.

TVO's WWE act gets really tiresome, really quickly. Most of the time lately when I've posted with TVO I felt like I needed to take a shower afterwards, just to wash off the filth.

Dunno 'bout you but I'm through with that sort of garbage. I just want BTPCF season to get here already.

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Van wrote:I'd much rather post with people like you anyway. It's a lot more enjoyable to me to post with people who have both a sense of humor and civility.
Jeez, get a room before you slip him the tongue already.

(oops, hope that's not too juvenile)
"They say that I have no hits and that I’m difficult to work with. And they say that like it’s a bad thing!”

Tom Waits
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Better grab a room key too then, Smackie, 'cause I'd also include you on that list. Funny and civil. Not bad things. Not bad things to recognize in others, even.

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Van wrote:Better grab a room key too then, Smackie, 'cause I'd also include you on that list. Funny and civil.
Oh, I can fix that, you vapid, dong-slurping, cum-gargling, meatsword-loving fuckchip.

There, take your civility and your room key and shove 'em up Wag's dimehole.

Tom Waits
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Now, now Smackie... looks like someone had a bad day in traffic.

How'd that snowstorm treat you? Not well, it would appear.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I gotta admit, Smackie, he did finally land one with "fuckchip." That one made me laugh.

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Jsc810 wrote:
Smackie Chan wrote:fuckchip.
Fuck you too, bitch. :waz:
Jsc, you need to take that one out for a spin in court someday.

Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

War Wagon wrote:Now, now Smackie... looks like someone had a bad day in traffic.

It was a welcome treat. Didn't have to deal with traffic at all 'cuz I worked from home. This is me on a good day. You don't wanna see me on a bad day when I'm, like, really pissed. Then I'd have to bust out the heavy artillery and start calling you and Van yambag fondlers or doodyheads or something equally as unsavory. You don't want that, do you?

Tom Waits
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

Jsc810 wrote:
Smackie Chan wrote:fuckchip.
Fuck you too, bitch. :waz:
I think I hear a thread calling you.

Tom Waits
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Smackie Chan wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Now, now Smackie... looks like someone had a bad day in traffic.

It was a welcome treat. Didn't have to deal with traffic at all 'cuz I worked from home. This is me on a good day. You don't wanna see me on a bad day when I'm, like, really pissed. Then I'd have to bust out the heavy artillery and start calling you and Van yambag fondlers or doodyheads or something equally as unsavory. You don't want that, do you?
How pissed off do you have be be to break out the ultimate smack adjective, vapid?
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

smackaholic wrote:How pissed off do you have be be to break out the ultimate smack adjective, vapid?
Not very, apparently.

Tom Waits
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Smackie Chan wrote:Didn't have to deal with traffic at all 'cuz I worked from home.
Puh-leeze... you stayed home and wanked off all day to porn, only taking a break at noon for a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup.

That's why you're in such a good mood.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Van, about the "kook" disciples, in an environment of SEVERE perseccution of what these 12 were selling, a WHOLE lot of folks believed and followed their testimony ... DESPITE the threats of persecution, loss of social standing, or death.

The testimony of these 12 "kooks" was somehow INCREDIBLY powerful, moving, and ... truthful.

"Kook" Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit (God Himself) testified to the truth, and 3,000 people believed and received Christ -- Acts 2:41

The region, VERY UNFRIENDLY to Christians, was overturned.

The Gospel of truth, beginning from these 12, went in powerfully into many nations ... to the ends of the earth, just as Christ Promised it would.

12 kooks.

VAST portions of the Bible are imagery or "non-literal."
Just one of many examples is the "famous" Psalm 23.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

I don't lie down in green pastures ... literally.
God doesn't lead me beside still waters ... literally.
I don't walk through a valley of the shadow of death ... literally.
And on and on ...

The Book of Revelation is FULL of imagery.
Many of the 66 Books of the Bible also are.
But when someone asks a Christian if they believe in a "literal" interpretation of the Bible, what they really want to know is, "Do you believe in a literal interpretation of the Book of Genesis?"

I do, because that is the way it is written.
Psalm 23, by contrast, is written as imagery.
It's very clear.

If a person had NO other books in the world to look at, NO source of information, NO background to sway his viewpoint, and he picked up Genesis and read the first few books of it, there is NO doubt he would take it all as a very straight forward account of the early days on earth.
It just says, "This happened, and then this happened, and then that happened ... etc."

Only because people have some other "background" of information or bias, do they seek to twist Genesis around.
They deviate from what it clearly says so that they can match the events of the Book to an ideology based on the "information" that they have that they think shoots down a literal reading of the text.

I believe God formed Adam from the dirt.
I believe God formed Eve from Adam's rib.
I believe the serpent (NOT a snake -- big difference -- the serpent is satan, see Revelation 12:9) tempted Eve and deceived her and Adam into leaving God. How satan "communicated" to Eve is not known exactly. It doesn't say.
I believe in Noah's flood.

I believe God.
I believe these things because, as I said, they are written in a very straight forward, matter of fact, way.
It is clearly written to be taken literally.
And also, many of these events were spoken of LATER in Scripture.
Jesus, for just one of many many examples, referenced Noah and the flood.

Now, one can surely be a Christian and NOT believe that some (or perhaps even most) of the events of Genesis literally happened.

Because the fundamental issue is, who do you say Jesus is?

Again, John 5:39 -- the Scriptures testify that SALVATION is in Jesus Christ, and that is the reason why the Bible exists.
The Bible's purpose is not as a history text, or a science text, or any other text.

Just to get off on a brief tangent for a moment, WHY is Jesus Christ so important?
Why is he the focal point of the Bible?

The greatest tragedy was not a World War, a plague, or a financial crisis.
The greatet tragedy is that man, who was created to live w/God, became separated from God and put into in spiritual bondage by satan.
Because of this fundamental problem, ALL problems come to man.
Because people don't realize this spiritual reality, which is only revealed in the Bible, they live in darkness, and suffering comes to them ... inevitably and undoubtedly.

People would like to live right, do right, and find happiness, and they diligently strive for those things.
But the failure somehow always comes.

Anxiety, family problems, health trouble, money trouble, addictions, etc. ...
They all come crashing in on people.
Education, effort, goodness, diligence, good habits ... don't and can't stop the failure that comes to man.
And suffering comes.

Because man, who was created to live with God, instead lives as a slave to satan.

The event that caused this is recorded in Genesis 3, and the problem has passed to all men -- Romans 5:12.
Immediately after man fell into this tragic problem, God promised that He would provide a solution -- Genesis 3:15.
The Savior would NOT, could NOT be a decendant of Adam, because all that comes from Adam is in spiritual ruin.

The core of the Bible is about God's answer for man.

1. Genesis 3:15 - Christ, who is not from Adam, will crush the serpent
2. Isaiah 7:14 - A virgin will bring forth the Christ
3. Galatians 4:3,4 - By God's time schedule, the Christ, who frees man from his bondage, has come
4. Matthew 16:16 - Jesus, you are the Christ
5. 1John 3:8 - Christ destroyed the work evil that satan brought to man in Genesis 3

The flood of Noah's time.

I say it was a real event.

A couple of things, first.
Before the flood we see the Bible record that people lived to be, like 900 years old (Adam, etc,),
When I initially saw that I said, "WTF??"
But the ages are given matter of factly and unapologetically.

Then after the flood people began having the sort of age spans that we have as of today.

Some DRASTIC change to man's enviornment happened.

The flood was not just rain.
The Bible tells us that there was a "canopy" of water above the earth which was "broken" and fell to earth.
It also tells us that the "fountains of the deep" broke and huge amounts of water came up that was inside the earth.

The point here is that the earth changed at that time in a VERY dramatic way.
The "dynamics" of the earth we see now are MUCH different than the dynamics were before the flood, and even shortly after the flood.
So some of the questions you ask about "How was this possible?," are, by me (because I believe the Bible), looked at with an understanding that the world was much different than what we see now.

I'll hit a few of your flood questions.

1. How could all the animals of the earth survive a trip to the middle east, in breeding groups no less? How would they know how to find the place? How would they get there?

My answer is this.

Genesis 6:20 records that God brought them to Noah.
How that was exactly accomplished, and from how far away the animals came, the Bible does not say.

2. How would all these different climate/diet specific animals survive the different climate/diet of the middle east? How would animals with different climate/temperature needs all survive on a non climate controlled boat? How would they all fit on one boat? How would they be housed and fed?

The Bible says that two of every ... sort ... of animal came onto the ark.
Some translations use the word ... kind.
The number of animals that came on the ark is nowhere near what detractors commonly imagine that the number needed to be.
It is my assumption that the animals must have "hibernated" while on the boat.
But that is my guess, since it is not said in Scripture.
And of course, there are aspects of the event that are miraculous in nature.

3. How would they survive the journey back home? The earth was flooded. How are they to make their way back to Alaska or Australia from the middle east, following a flood that covered the planet?

I won't pretend to have the answer to how it was accomplished, and the Bible does not say.
I will say again, however, that the dynamics of the earth that we see today are, in light of how the Bible describes the flood event, nothing like what they were both before the flood and right after the flood.

But for some possible answers to your question, look here.

http://christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c ... ah%27s+ark

Lastly, Bill Maher has been on a crusade against Christians for a long time, and when I see him, I see a very strange man.

Why is it that Christians prick him so much?
What IF Christians are all full of shit and all that they believe is totally wack?

So what is that to him?

They like it, they enjoy the faith that they have, so be it.
To each his own.

Oh, but we know the reason he crusades against Christians.

He thinks that they are imposing on him, or oppressing him somehow.
The ol' separation of church and state dealie.

I'm here to tell you that the "separation of church and state" is prolly THE most grossly perverted concept in our law over the last 40 years.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof

The very clear intent of the first amendment was for no offical state religon to be imposed on the people.

A nativity scene outside a government building, for exampe, can NEVER establish a religion.
And you have to be brain-dead to think it does.

Now if you require citizens to bow down and worship that nativity scene, yep, THAT would be the establishment of a religon.

"In God we Trust" on currency establishes no religon.
It's preposterous to imagine that it does.

Say hypothetically that I went to a "muslim" nation that had a pic of Muhammad on it's currency.
When I hold or use that money, am I PARTICIPATING in the muslim religon??

No friggin way, man, I'm just USING MONEY to buy shit.

What if a statue of Mohammed is outside a public building.
I walk by and see it.

OHHH, the HORRAH!! LMAO

Has the religon been ... ESTABLISHED?

It's laffable.

If they make me kneel down toward Mecca 5 times a day, then yep, Islam has been established.

Of course the two hot button issues near to this "separation" debacle are homosexual marriage and abortion.

Some elected REPRESENTATIVES OF THE PEOPLE no doubt use their Christian sensibilities as they consider the issues of abortion or homosexual marriage.

That lights Bill Maher's ass like none other.

In Maher's world, these representatives, elected by ... THE PEOPLE ... to REPRESENT ... THE PEOPLE ... ought not be allowed to consider their Christian sensibilities when considering morality, which in fact, is the BASIS for all of our laws.

An atheist representative uses some sensibilities to arrive at a decision on, abortion, for example.
A Christian representative uses some sensabilities to arrive at a decision on, abortion, for example.

They are equal and both are valid.

Because a Christian has used "Christian" sensibilities, has he ESTABLISHED a relgion?

Has he atheist established atheism?

No, of course not.
They are just FREE people who are making moral evaluations based on sensibilities which they are FREELy granted under our Constitution.

Why does Bill Maher hate freedom?

A very strange and pitiful man.
Last edited by poptart on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Smackie Chan
Eternal Scobode

Post by Smackie Chan »

War Wagon wrote:Puh-leeze... you stayed home and wanked off all day to porn, only taking a break at noon for a grilled cheese sandwich and a bowl of tomato soup.
I'll have you know there was no grilled cheese involved. Or soup.

Tom Waits
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Pop, thanks for the honest and considered reply, including doing the best you could with the Noah's ark question.

You seem to me to obviously be a good guy and I envy your faith. I can't share in it but I envy you for having it. I'm sure you feel a whole lot better about this world than I do.

If I were an atheist I can't imagine that I wouldn't feel even worse about this world and our existence than I already do. Unfortunately I guess I really do lean more towards atheism (if you made me choose) and man, if this world is all we ever get that's a more disturbing thought than the notion of Jim Delany meeting with ABC tv executives.

If this is all we get, fuck...what in the hell are we doing?? We've only got eighty or so years, some of which barely count towards living. (Namely, the beginning and the ending years.) If this is all we get then what are we doing wasting our time on tv, horrible music, McDonald's, hatred and message boards? We ought to be racing to fill every last finite moment of our short existence with something memorable and downright epic...

Truly, a very depressing notion.

Anyway, thanks for you time.

Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Van wrote: Anyway, I'm still wondering what TVO's beef is with Thomas Jefferson and John Adams?
Nice strawman.

I'm wondering when you are going to pull your head out of your ass and show me where in the Constitution is says anything about separation of church and state.
TVO seemed oddly put off by the notion that a separation of church and state was one of this country's founding prinicipals...at least according to this country's leading founders.
Sin,

Leo Pfeffer

I'm not a fan.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote: Truly, a very depressing notion.
You come across like a snot nosed brat. Didn't your parents teach you anything, or were they both spoiled brats too?

Be thankful and humble for each and every day you've been blessed with thus far, especially this one. You're not guaranteed another.

An attitude of gratitude, that's what you're missing.