This has been the best NCAA tourney in a long time

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

The Assassin
Raider Fan

This has been the best NCAA tourney in a long time

Post by The Assassin »

God damn! Pretty much every game has gone down to the wire! Wisconsin NC has been just as exciting as the games yesterday. I can't wait for Mich St- UK

BTW Sorry Babs UK is gonna win this one.

Its too bad the NCAA got it right with college ball,and just keep on fucking it up with football.

WAR a college football playoff within the next 5 years.
Al Davis=Fidel Castro
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Patrick Sparks may have just proven you correct.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

Now if they can quit showing Coach K commercials, it would be the best ever Elite 8.

That banner stating not to show any more Coach K commericials was the bomb.

scritti
The Internationalist

Post by scritti »

just fucken amazin...
Guess what-I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription is MORE COWBELL
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Rack Arch and that pic ... You know Jim Nance is pissy because he won't be doing any more heart-felt, one-on-one sitdowns with Coach K, not to mention advertisers.

bwahaha.

Without a doubt, this has been the best tournament in a long, long time -- probaby the best that I've seen in my 16 or so years of watching most of the games.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

On the Illiniboard you can get great pics like this. Those guys are like elite sleuths with pics and captions.

Rack this year NCAA Tourney!!
Rack Illinois!!!
Rack MSU!!
Rack the fucking BIG TEN!!

Anything after this is gravy for us.

and.........

Fuck all you bitches that dissed us this year!!!
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

This has been a rough few days as a StateHater but I'll give the devil their due. As a Duke supporter, I can atleast take solice in the fact that Coach K has lost to more eventual national champs than any other coach...not sure if that's a good stat or not but I can atleast see a bright side to that loss on Friday.

Great weekend of hoops and tonight's ending to regulation was the highlight of the tournament. Illinois' comeback was remarkable but you can't beat the drama of the shot rolling around on the rim before going in and then the lengthy review of the replay to see if Sparks foot was behind the line...the refs got the call right.

Kentucky has to be kicking itself collectively for not getting a quality shot off at the end of the first OT...shades of Arizona at the end of regulation last night. I don't understand how you have 20 seconds left and use 18 seconds by just standing around. If you shoot with 5 or 6 seconds left and even if the other team rebounds, they'd have to go full court the other way just to get a prayer off. You want to be able take a shot and then crash the boards underneath for a possible putback. Teams play it way too conservatively when the game is on the line. You have to put faith in your guys to make the play and not handcuff them from making the winning shot.

Props to all four teams going to St. Louis...it's going to be a great Saturday of hoops next week. Anyone have this Final Four in their brackets?
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

That coach K poster is the funniest thing I have seen since Clarett ran the 4 minute 40.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

yep, great tourney
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Mustang
Don Cherry

Post by Mustang »

OK...even I will admit it.......I've seen enough K on the AMEX ads. Decent ad, but every break? Yeesh. Have they ever heard of a rotator? They've got Tiger Woods in another spot...they ought to mix that one in on occasion. Of course the anti-Duke ninnies will blame K for this.....
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

What a great weekend of games... and lucky (or maybe unlucky) for me, I got to see them in Vegas.

Fuck, fuck, fuck... my words after the MSU/UK game. For some reason, I decided to lay down $100 on UK for the second half (Kentucky was getting 2.5). Basically, I needed the 'Cats to win the game by 2+. After the Sparks controversy, me and the rest of the HardRock were going apeshit. I thought they had it after that. And then, what the hell play did UK call on that last possession of the 1st OT? Didn't even get a shot off. WTF? I'll never bet against my conference again. And Kentucky fucked me on the Utah game as well. I'm not countin' on those fuckers for anything again either.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Am I the only one who thought Abuike(sp?) walked before he hoisted up that three to tie before Sparks' shot?
Ruff
Elwood

Post by Ruff »

MGO, who cares?

Arch, are you really content with the Illini just getting to the FF? I doubt most Ill fans and NC fans would be satisfied with anything less than a championship.

Louisville and MSU may be satisfied with their accomplishment to this point.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Ruff wrote:MGO, who cares?

Arch, are you really content with the Illini just getting to the FF? I doubt most Ill fans and NC fans would be satisfied with anything less than a championship.

Louisville and MSU may be satisfied with their accomplishment to this point.
It's past me now because MSU advanced and that's all that matters, but I was pissed at the time that UK even got the opportunity to go into OT after that horrible no call.
Ruff
Elwood

Post by Ruff »

I'm past it too. RACK MSU!

In any given game, you've always got bad/missed calls. It's part of the game.

Often you can reveiw a game and negate a bad call one way with another mistake on the other side somewhere else in the game. That isn't to say the calls don't matter, they're just part of the game.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Ruff wrote:I'm past it too. RACK MSU!

In any given game, you've always got bad/missed calls. It's part of the game.

Often you can reveiw a game and negate a bad call one way with another mistake on the other side somewhere else in the game. That isn't to say the calls don't matter, they're just part of the game.
I understand bad/no calls are part of the game. My point is based on the disbelief of not even a single eyebrow having been raised as a result of said no call.
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

Our goal was the final four, anything else is gravy.

I think Illinois will not have much problem with Louisville with Jason Kid, Allen Iverson, and Gilbert Arenas at guards, whom I am referring to the college version of Deron Williams, Dee Brown, and Luther Head.

Augustine will eat the two shorts on the block for lunch. I would not put it past Pitino to have some scheme to make this a good game.

I said Illnois by 8. Destiny is on our side.

As for MSU and NC. I think MSU can beat them, they are better than Wisky, especially in the athletic department, but the refs will not allow an all Big Ten Championship game.

It was destined to be Illinois and NC, and I think it will happen.
Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

Post by Buried_Nick »

Arch Angel wrote:Our goal was the final four, anything else is gravy.

I think Illinois will not have much problem with Louisville with Jason Kid, Allen Iverson, and Gilbert Arenas at guards, whom I am referring to the college version of Deron Williams, Dee Brown, and Luther Head.

Augustine will eat the two shorts on the block for lunch. I would not put it past Pitino to have some scheme to make this a good game.

I said Illnois by 8. Destiny is on our side.

As for MSU and NC. I think MSU can beat them, they are better than Wisky, especially in the athletic department, but the refs will not allow an all Big Ten Championship game.

It was destined to be Illinois and NC, and I think it will happen.
Ya think, huh?

You just said, "Not much problem with Louis." . (and) "The refs won't allow MSU to win."

I've been around here now 4 years, and have seen people bring on negative karma, but dang, man; you've just stepped in it.

:o

("Augustine will EAT the two shorts on the block.") ???? :?
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
:lol: