70-53

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Sky
It stinks like sex in here

70-53

Post by Sky »

Why in the hell does Ferentz get a contract extension? He is 70-53 in ten seasons....Oh wait, he went 9-4 this year. Lets keep him till 2087.
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
Screw_Michigan

Re: 70-53

Post by Screw_Michigan »

They probably cut his buyout in half. I'd have to credit Adel for bringing me up to speed on these contract extensions for coaches.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Screw_Michigan wrote:They probably cut his buyout in half. I'd have to credit Adel for bringing me up to speed on these contract extensions for coaches.
me too, because the same thing happened with Dan Hawkins at CU. I thought the CU AD had lost his mind to extend a guy without a winning season to 2012. But it was buyout dollar gymnastics.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Sky
It stinks like sex in here

Post by Sky »

If thats the case, maybe this was a good idea
"Rest easy Woody, the new man has arrived."
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Maybe he got the extension because he puts between 70-53 first rounders into the NFL each year.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

KSU did a similar deal when they re-upped Prince for the sake of recruiting, they gave themselves a reasonable buyout. I wish that POS Pederson had done that for his boy BC rather than saddling us with a fat buyout when BC screwed the pooch. Boosters ended-up paying the BC and Pedey buyouts but because they came up with that $$ they haven't been quite as forthcoming as normal for other stuff like a basketball practice-facility.
You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

Hey, you could adopt the Kevin White Model and extend a guy in his first season and make his buyout so big that it gets in the way of firing him after 3-9 and 6-6 years. I hear that's like the bomb, you know, the money?

Fuck Kevin White.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

2002 Iowa woulda like... uhhh.. beat tOSU 70-53.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Well, you have to have a long-term deal or it's hard to recruit. He already has enough problems recruiting. They didn't bump his pay so it's not so bad.

70-53 is very misleading. He inherited a miserable program with no talent and had to build from the ground up. His first 2 years he was 3-19. 4 Top 20 finishes in the last 7 years, 3 Top 10 finishes, 2 Big-10 titles, 5 January bowl appearances, and on top of all of that he's increased revenues and donates a lot of money to charity so I have no problem. Remember, this is Iowa not Michigan or USC. Expectations aren't as high. It's very difficult to accomplish what he and Hayden Fry have accomplished over the past 30 years at a school like Iowa. Small state, no HS talent, etc.... To do what he's done is very impressive.

My only question is why would anyone else be concerned with what Iowa is doing? It's not coming out of your pocket. In a way, it is coming out of mine. Do any of you buy season tickets and donate money to Iowa Athletics? I do.