Happy now, smackaholic?

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Happy now, smackaholic?

Post by Dinsdale »

MOUNT HOOD, Ore. - A 31-year-old Portland woman was hit by a large chunk of falling ice while climbing with her husband on Mount Hood and was killed Wednesday, authorities said.

The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office identified the woman as Brooke Colvin.

Colvin was climbing with her husband, 33-year-old Thad Stavn of Portland, in an area known as the Hogsback on the south side of the mountain when she was hit by ice sometime before 10 a.m., according to Detective Jim Strovink, a Clackamas County Sheriff's Office spokesman.

Her husband saw her fall about 400 feet after getting hit with the ice chunk, Strovink said.

Stavn apparently climbed down to his wife's location and gave her first aid for about 45 minutes to an hour before deciding she could not be revived, Strovink said. He also called 911 from a cell phone.

Authorities believe she died instantly.

The man eventually skied down to Timberline Lodge, where search and rescue crews had assembled along with an Oregon Army National Guard blackhawk helicopter. Ground crews planned to head up the mountain Wednesday afternoon to retrieve the body.

Information posted on a Web site said the couple was married in September 2007.

Strovink said there has been a considerable amount of falling ice in the area where they were climbing, which is along the main south side route to the summit.

In fact, some climbers this week have reported dodging refrigerator-sized chunks of ice as conditions on the mountain have been warmer than normal.

This was the second time in the past week that falling ice has injured a climber near the summit on Mount Hood.

On Saturday, an national guard helicopter retrieved 45-year-old Michael Leming of Portland after he broke an ankle and suffered other injuries after falling 200 feet near the summit when hit by falling ice.

See, Derron and I told you The Hill would get some BODE.

And there hasn't been any storms, blizzards, avalanches, or any of the usual suspects... been warm up there due to an inversion for the last couple of weeks.

But Hood is just getting started. Sure, it was a little slow to get on the scoreboard, but it'll catch up.

Darwin's Playground always wins. Earlier today, my friend mentioned how they still haven't found his dad's buddy up there yet... he went missing in 1973. We'll assume he's at one with a glacier.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: Happy now, smackaholic?

Post by Van »

Thad
~...sigh...~

Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote: The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office identified the woman as Brooke Colvin.

Colvin was climbing with her husband, 33-year-old Thad Stavn of Portland, in an area known as the Hogsback on the south side of the mountain when she was hit by ice sometime before 10 a.m., according to Detective Jim Strovink, a Clackamas County Sheriff's Office spokesman.

Her husband saw her fall about 400 feet after getting hit with the ice chunk, Strovink said.
Married, but with different last names?

He pushed the bitch off a ledge.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Now that's more like it. Good solid score by The Hill.

Just hope it isn't too little too late to catch up with them upper messicans

mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Dinsdale wrote:
MOUNT HOOD, Ore. - A 31-year-old Portland woman was hit by a large chunk of falling ice while climbing with her husband on Mount Hood and was killed Wednesday, authorities said.

The Clackamas County Sheriff's Office identified the woman as Brooke Colvin.

Stavn apparently climbed down to his wife's location and gave her first aid for about 45 minutes to an hour before deciding she could not be revived, Strovink said. He also called 911 from a cell phone.

Authorities believe she died instantly.

The man eventually skied down to Timberline Lodge, where search and rescue crews had assembled along with an Oregon Army National Guard blackhawk helicopter. Ground crews planned to head up the mountain Wednesday afternoon to retrieve the body.

Information posted on a Web site said the couple was married in September 2007.

Strovink said there has been a considerable amount of falling ice in the area where they were climbing, which is along the main south side route to the summit.

In fact, some climbers this week have reported dodging refrigerator-sized chunks of ice as conditions on the mountain have been warmer than normal.

This was the second time in the past week that falling ice has injured a climber near the summit on Mount Hood.

On Saturday, an national guard helicopter retrieved 45-year-old Michael Leming of Portland after he broke an ankle and suffered other injuries after falling 200 feet near the summit when hit by falling ice.

See, Derron and I told you The Hill would get some BODE.

And there hasn't been any storms, blizzards, avalanches, or any of the usual suspects... been warm up there due to an inversion for the last couple of weeks.

But Hood is just getting started. Sure, it was a little slow to get on the scoreboard, but it'll catch up.

Darwin's Playground always wins. Earlier today, my friend mentioned how they still haven't found his dad's buddy up there yet... he went missing in 1973. We'll assume he's at one with a glacier.
Rack the Mountain and the inversion that is loosening all the rocks...nothing says stability like 85 feet of snow in the last month, a bit of rain, and then 55 degree temps at 6000 feet. I caught 58 degrees at 4800' late last week over Silverton.

Look for the mountain to increase its BODE over the next couple of months...April and May are the best for the mountain and the worst for idiots who feel that walking to the north side of Timberline Lodge, setting their shit down, extending a fist upwards with the middle finger extended and shouting " Fuck you, Hood...I am here to make you my bitch", and then loading up and taking off up the hill. Brilliant....

Hope that dude in the glacier had good ID on him so when he is found 200 years from now, the anthropologist's can figure out just what the fuck he was thinking..
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Speaking of the U&L:

PORTLAND MAYOR ADMITS MOLESTING TEENAGED BOY
Obama isn't the only historic first in the news. Portland's Sam Adams is the first publicly homosexual mayor of a major city. He recently admitted to sexually molesting an underage intern.

You never heard the story? That could be because Adams is a Democrat, and the child he molested is a boy — so most of the reporting has been local.

Adams also admitted to lying to the public about his perverted relationship with the improbably named Beau Breedlove, who was 17 at the time, and to inducing the kid to lie too. Move along folks, nothing to see here.

Beau Breedlove Troll registration in

WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Cuda wrote:Beau Breedlove Troll registration in

Glass dick in

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Cuda wrote:Speaking of the U&L:
PORTLAND MAYOR ADMITS MOLESTING TEENAGED BOY
Obama isn't the only historic first in the news. Portland's Sam Adams is the first publicly homosexual mayor of a major city. He recently admitted to sexually molesting an underage intern.

One problem with your story... it's not true.

While it may or may not be true he kiddydiddled, he has certainly not admitted to any such thing... he's going with "I waited until he turned 18"...

Which isn't really working for him too well either, but I suppose it beats the hell out of "Yeah, so what... no big deal."

So many people demanding his resignation, I don't see him making it. 3 whole weeks. Nice.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

He probably would have fared better mounting Hood as opposed to mounting Breedlove.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Cuda has taken to pasting in entire blog posts - unsourced - that happen to contain links to other news postings...not that anyone should be surprised by that.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

so what? at least I remember to wipe my ass
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

I believe the number the fish wrap put out yesterday was Mount Hood 17, Darwin influenced climbers 0.

Over the last 10 years.

1.7 per year.

The Mountain needs to step its game up a bit.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

I believe this is a contract year for Hood. Hopefully, it'll step up in the second half of the season and put up some career numbers.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

After an extended warm dry spell, it's supposed to start snowing again Up There.

It'll go on a stats binge that makes LeBron's antics in MSG seem humble.
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

Van wrote:
Thad
~...sigh...~

BWAH!!

RACK!
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Dinsdale wrote:After an extended warm dry spell, it's supposed to start snowing again Up There.

It'll go on a stats binge that makes LeBron's antics in MSG seem humble.
Dammit, just when we thought Chuckie was freeing up a little time...
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.